Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 06:22:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 255317 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1740 on: October 20, 2006, 05:49:31 PM »

Hi, I am new to this sight. ?Have you chaps had the chance to check out the new Guns n' Roses Song "Better" on the Harley Davidson Website. ?It is terrific. ?Here is the link. ?Also, this cat Jarmo sounds like a real tool!!! ?Ban Away you control freak!!!

Is that you, Charles (Bronson)?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1741 on: October 20, 2006, 05:49:48 PM »

Hi, I am new to this sight. ?Have you chaps had the chance to check out the new Guns n' Roses Song "Better" on the Harley Davidson Website. ?It is terrific. ?Here is the link. ?Also, this cat Jarmo sounds like a real tool!!! ?Ban Away you control freak!!!

In a way, all this "can't talk about it" talk is more interesting than actually talking about what we can't talk about.  I am proud of myself for behaving during it. 

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1742 on: October 20, 2006, 05:51:46 PM »

people wont leave, its still by far the best board for GnR, just not right now. Jarmo has been shafted this week by merck/ sanctuary. but it'll all pass whenever the single drops and release date is given.

When Axl was in egypt land - let his people go. . . .

Dude - in all seriousness - i'm sure that Jarmo could care less if the people with 3 posts are going to leave his site. ?When it all comes down to it - this is his site, and agree with him or not, he can do with it as he pleases. ?He does not charge anybody therfore you shouldn't bitch about something you are getting for free. I'm sure there are other forums that are talking about the ad and the article, seek them out and post away.

I look at it like AXl and Chinese Democracy - it's Axl's album, and he will let you listen to it when he is good and ready, he doesn't owe us anything, and we should be happy if and when it comes out.

I'm not putting words in Jarmo's mouth, i'm just stating my opinion.

dude, di you read what you quoted??

i kinda said that jarmo is in a position, and its his board and he can choose to follow what management tell him, or say "fuck that" and allow conversations to go on. i dont have a problem with that, if i were him i would do they same (i think most would).

that still doesn't make it right, does it.

my question to you sir, is, do you think it is right for GnR managemnt to even ask Jarmo to ban all talk of a TV advert and a mag article?

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #1743 on: October 20, 2006, 05:58:21 PM »

I agree.  I'm all about respecting Jarmo, and if linking to the "forbidden sites" somehow damages his relationship with the band, then I get it.

However, I do think it's ridiculous, and I think we'll all have a good laugh that this happened, once we're given a release date.

CD
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1744 on: October 20, 2006, 05:58:38 PM »

Axl has no love for the internet - i understand the censorship....he wants to supprise the fans i'm sure.....he does not want that spoilt..... ?I can wait a few more days.......They should have told the people who keep leaking though it's supposed to be a supprise
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1745 on: October 20, 2006, 06:00:28 PM »

My advice: respect Jarmo and respect his work.
Don't worry, in a couple of days, once everything will be official, we will be able to discuss about everything as usually. Jarmo is probably waiting for the right time. He is waiting for the things to be official? ok

Be patient, it's a matter of days.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1746 on: October 20, 2006, 06:02:11 PM »

[
When Axl was in egypt land - let his people go. . . .

Dude - in all seriousness - i'm sure that Jarmo could care less if the people with 3 posts are going to leave his site. ?When it all comes down to it - this is his site, and agree with him or not, he can do with it as he pleases. ?He does not charge anybody therfore you shouldn't bitch about something you are getting for free. I'm sure there are other forums that are talking about the ad and the article, seek them out and post away.

I look at it like AXl and Chinese Democracy - it's Axl's album, and he will let you listen to it when he is good and ready, he doesn't owe us anything, and we should be happy if and when it comes out.

I'm not putting words in Jarmo's mouth, i'm just stating my opinion.

dude, di you read what you quoted??

i kinda said that jarmo is in a position, and its his board and he can choose to follow what management tell him, or say "fuck that" and allow conversations to go on. i dont have a problem with that, if i were him i would do they same (i think most would).

that still doesn't make it right, does it.

my question to you sir, is, do you think it is right for GnR managemnt to even ask Jarmo to ban all talk of a TV advert and a mag article?

Sorry - my intention wasn't to quote you, it was to reply to the thread.

Regarding your question - I think that GNR Mngt has worked out things such as the pre-sales for new york and other little through this site, because they respect that Jarom respects their wishes. ?Guns will let us see and hear these things when it's time - I have faith. ?I've waited this long - whats another 10 Tuesdays

Wake up. . . .time to die
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1747 on: October 20, 2006, 06:05:58 PM »

I believe the Studio version of Better is now out.

It probably isnt it, but it sounds pretty good, so im not really sure.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1748 on: October 20, 2006, 06:07:29 PM »

"Sorry - my intention wasn't to quote you, it was to reply to the thread.

Regarding your question - I think that GNR Mngt has worked out things such as the pre-sales for new york and other little through this site, because they respect that Jarom respects their wishes.  Guns will let us see and hear these things when it's time - I have faith.  I've waited this long - whats another 10 Tuesdays"

thats cool man. yeah 10 weeks left, but all this you can talk about that adds to the anticipation i htink!!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1749 on: October 20, 2006, 06:09:37 PM »

I think that GNR Mngt has worked out things such as the pre-sales for new york and other little through this site, because they respect that Jarom respects their wishes.

You can just feel the respect in the air when management an Jarom are involved.  Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1750 on: October 20, 2006, 06:20:55 PM »

out of all the songs we heard... better does sound like the one that really is already done?? how the hell r u suppose 2 improve it?Huh

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1751 on: October 20, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »

If my friend told me not to tell anybody that she/he didn't like banana, no question asked, I wouldn't.  yes

out of all the songs we heard... better does sound like the one that really is already done?? how the hell r u suppose 2 improve it?Huh

Huh

hmm maybe that angry bit can be a bit more crazier.
Liakos
Opening Act

« Reply #1752 on: October 20, 2006, 06:31:32 PM »

i don't understand the management through all of this Sad . All we want is to hear ?music from our favourite band.
why can't we talk about something that's on an official site, ?is unthinkable. Sometimes it feels that they forget that we're actually the customers that are gonna make CD a success or not.
Anyway besides all this shit, it actually seems we're getting closer to the release so i won't let these small details shoot down my enhusiasm!
CD
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1753 on: October 20, 2006, 06:33:29 PM »

my i pod is crying for that song.....should sound ace.....especially the aggression part!
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #1754 on: October 20, 2006, 06:34:57 PM »

If you were running this site, you would respect managements requests as well, especially when something official is this close.  Like I said in a previous posts, I think Monday is the start of things.
Can't wait.
1badapple
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1755 on: October 20, 2006, 06:48:20 PM »

If you were running this site, you would respect managements requests as well, especially when something official is this close.? Like I said in a previous posts, I think Monday is the start of things.
Can't wait.

At first, i thought that way. That was with the RS article. Now though, i'd tell Merck to get bent. You've gotta have a backbone sometimes.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1756 on: October 20, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »

In less than 2 months, the album I've been waiting for since 91 will be in my hands.  Let Axl, Jarmo, and Management do their thing.

JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #1757 on: October 20, 2006, 07:21:53 PM »

Agreed.. it will be soon..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #1758 on: October 20, 2006, 07:24:01 PM »

Back on topic this is my favorite of the leaks and has became one of my favorite GNR songs period. Unless of course they change it for the album. The demo's amazing but if they soften the album version up, I probably won't like it. madagascar is a ballad, twat's a ballad and I.R.S. has some soft parts and Better has some soft parts but's pretty rockin'. Come on, where's the songs without soft parts? Anyway I hope they left buckethead's work on.

I hate fanboys.
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #1759 on: October 20, 2006, 08:52:32 PM »

Jarmo u run a great site and whether you know something or not, well I don't know anything and I live by the old saying "all good things come to those who wait..."

As far as better, my 2nd favorite track leaked the first is Madagascar.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: