Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254719 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1340 on: February 26, 2006, 03:25:11 PM »

I was listening to Bohemian Rhapsody last night, and I can see why Axl said that some of the arrangements will be like Queen. If you notice in the song, its starts off nice and mellow, then it gets a bit more moderate when Brian May's solo comes in, then it gets wicked heavy after the opera part, then it goes back to moderate, then it ends nice and mellow. Which if you notice, is kind of how Better is arranged. I think that its awesome. I love Better, its my favorite new song and I cant stop listening to it, any of them  for that matter. But mostly Better. Its just insane, I fucking love it. Cant wait for Chinese Democracy, its gonna be great.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1341 on: February 26, 2006, 03:41:08 PM »

I don't think that a mellow start, heavier middle, and then again a more mellow end qualifies as a queenish track...

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
steviebucket
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1342 on: February 26, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »

I don't think that a mellow start, heavier middle, and then again a more mellow end qualifies as a queenish track...

That made me laugh in a Larry David type way, thanks.  Smiley
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1343 on: February 26, 2006, 03:48:48 PM »

Did I say that all Queen songs were like that, no. Did I say the song sounds like Queen, no. All I did was say how the arrangements of the two songs were similar, and that I can see why Axl said some of the arrangements on the album will be like Queen. Nice try at being funny.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1344 on: February 26, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »

I wasn't trying to be funny... look.

All I was saying that I really don't see the connection. The fact that a song has those qualities doesn't really norrow the field.. well.. at all really. I look forward to listening all the songs Chinese Democracy has to offer, but I just don't think that those qualities really are the ones that Axl meant. A progression in a song that has a mellow start, then a more powerful middle, and then a nice mellow end isn't really a thing that makes me think of Queen. Of course I don't know for sure that it isn't the thing Axl meant. That might've been exactly what he meant.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #1345 on: February 26, 2006, 04:07:30 PM »

I wasn't trying to be funny... look.

All I was saying that I really don't see the connection. The fact that a song has those qualities doesn't really norrow the field.. well.. at all really. I look forward to listening all the songs Chinese Democracy has to offer, but I just don't think that those qualities really are the ones that Axl meant. A progression in a song that has a mellow start, then a more powerful middle, and then a nice mellow end isn't really a thing that makes me think of Queen. Of course I don't know for sure that it isn't the thing Axl meant. That might've been exactly what he meant.

Understandable. And all I was saying was that after hearing Bohemian Rhapsody and then Better right after that, I noticed the similarities in the arrangements of the two songs. And that I could see what Axl was saying in the interview. Whether or not that is what Axl meant, I dont know either.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 04:10:37 PM by ChineseBedouins » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1346 on: February 26, 2006, 04:36:56 PM »

Whats cool to me is the fact we now know Axl wasnt lying when he was talkin about "Big Guns"

We all suspected that Madagascar and the Blues were the Big Guns and he was just sayin they werent etc etc.

Now we've heard Better and TWAT, I mean who is to say that these are even considered the "Big Guns"

But they are definitely great songs and Axl has came through big time.

Exceeded my expectations.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
chrosken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1347 on: February 26, 2006, 05:11:33 PM »

I like the full version of "Better" but I think the radio friendliness was gone because of all the solos... just my opinion.  I don't think the song is a single material.
Halucinogen
Opening Act

All You Are Is In You

« Reply #1348 on: February 26, 2006, 05:08:19 PM »

Is that Axl's voice in the intro/extro of the song...perhaps distorted and altered? Huh

I took a slide, slipping down a staircase
A Piranesian dream
My senses reeled, distorted about the darkness
A lit my way with a scream
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1349 on: February 26, 2006, 06:17:58 PM »

Is that Axl's voice in the intro/extro of the song...perhaps distorted and altered? Huh

no, it`s just him singing in a quite female way...

Whats cool to me is the fact we now know Axl wasnt lying when he was talkin about "Big Guns"

We all suspected that Madagascar and the Blues were the Big Guns and he was just sayin they werent etc etc.

Now we've heard Better and TWAT, I mean who is to say that these are even considered the "Big Guns"

i agree fully with your post ok

i think this album will be flawless (to me..) not some good tracks and 10 fillers..

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
badapple81
« Reply #1350 on: February 26, 2006, 06:18:19 PM »

Yes.

As far as I'm concerned, if the other tracks on the album are on par with Better, it will a fine album indeed.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1351 on: February 26, 2006, 07:35:33 PM »

still by far my favorite new gnr tune.... Really just enjoying it peace
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #1352 on: February 26, 2006, 08:05:37 PM »

yeah me too! a friend of mine who's not into rock said ..is that guns? she recognized axl's voice and I said: yes they are....she said: wow cool song..then i played like 3 times in a  row and she was starting singing it hahah. she loved it!  smoking peace

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
GS67
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1353 on: February 26, 2006, 08:54:55 PM »

look, i'm 30 yoa. i have had the full version demo for about 3 days now. i have listened to it 40x now! it's like i'm in middle/high school all over again. i thought the audioslave project would produce music NEW to the ears but it never happaned. same kind of hopes for velvet revolver & again nothing.
better caught me the 1st second & held my attention until the very end. the entire song grabbed me by the balls & bitch slapped me! i cannot get enough! i cannot remeber ANY song that has done this! welcome to the jungle & sweet child of mine did similar things but wan't this CRAZY!
i love every twist & turn of BETTER & cannot believe that if this version is only a demo, what changes the mastered version could bring.
with that said, certain cuts on the song could be a HUGE dissapointment but that is why i'm glad i GRABBED this demo now!  it might not exist in this form in the future
for that i will always be glad i got the song early & i will always remeber the times i grabbed these new GNR tunes after YEARS of waiting!
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1354 on: February 27, 2006, 12:01:45 AM »

listen to this song with high and with the lights off. It's awesome!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1355 on: February 27, 2006, 12:20:01 AM »

D, I never doubted  Grin

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1356 on: February 27, 2006, 12:24:13 AM »

The songs that leak out keep getting Better and Better.
IRS was good, Better was very good and TWAT is amazing. I can just imagine what CITR is like or This I love

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1357 on: February 27, 2006, 12:25:31 AM »

look, i'm 30 yoa. i have had the full version demo for about 3 days now. i have listened to it 40x now! it's like i'm in middle/high school all over again. i thought the audioslave project would produce music NEW to the ears but it never happaned. same kind of hopes for velvet revolver & again nothing.
better caught me the 1st second & held my attention until the very end. the entire song grabbed me by the balls & bitch slapped me! i cannot get enough! i cannot remeber ANY song that has done this! welcome to the jungle & sweet child of mine did similar things but wan't this CRAZY!
i love every twist & turn of BETTER & cannot believe that if this version is only a demo, what changes the mastered version could bring.
with that said, certain cuts on the song could be a HUGE dissapointment but that is why i'm glad i GRABBED this demo now!  it might not exist in this form in the future
for that i will always be glad i got the song early & i will always remeber the times i grabbed these new GNR tunes after YEARS of waiting!

i'm 27 and i feel the exact same bro! peace  Better will become classic guns one day!
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1358 on: February 27, 2006, 03:48:00 AM »

I LOVE this song. Incredible. My only complaint is Buckethead's leads. They aren't memorable. It sounds mindless. It would be awesome if Axl has found a guitarist that is like Randy Rhoads-shred with awesome feeling and taste. You can hum nearly everyone of his solos.
anythinggoes
« Reply #1359 on: February 27, 2006, 07:39:23 AM »

i dont know if anyone else has mentioned this

but just think of this song played live everyone rocking until 2.25 and then everyone going fucking crazy while Axl screams his lungs out

i cant wait
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: