Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" - discuss it in this thread
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 138 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" - discuss it in this thread  (Read 254337 times)
BrokenGlass
Headliner

Gonna call...

« Reply #1100 on: February 23, 2006, 08:53:31 PM »

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Damn cant wait to hear that, nothing says a hit single more than masturbating robots!

Oh man that's priceless.  rofl

"That was called 'Fucking off.' ...in G."
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #1101 on: February 23, 2006, 08:54:18 PM »

Is it just me or are there two full version floating around? I swear the one I got earlier is different from the one I just got... am I crazy?

*edit*
and no, one of them isn't the shitty patched together one from a few days ago.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1102 on: February 23, 2006, 08:54:50 PM »

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Damn cant wait to hear that, nothing says a hit single more than masturbating robots!

Oh man that's priceless.  rofl

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi
glad u liked that!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #1103 on: February 23, 2006, 08:55:17 PM »

Wow, I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I love it. It's only a demo(as far as anyone knows) but I really love it.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
McClane
Headliner

« Reply #1104 on: February 23, 2006, 08:55:37 PM »

wich difference between both ?

Living taking chances
Isn't all that it's meant to be
Dying with your face on
A t-shirt isn't all that original
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #1105 on: February 23, 2006, 08:57:29 PM »

What if these are all the reject songs that aren't making it on the album, and they're like, "Fine, here, take these shitty songs."

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #1106 on: February 23, 2006, 09:04:26 PM »

Better is one of the best songs I've heard in recent years. I'm in love with it.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #1107 on: February 23, 2006, 09:05:36 PM »

Let's not forget that all requests for songs/pm's for songs will be deleted. ? So don't post them! ? no
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #1108 on: February 23, 2006, 09:08:31 PM »

Better is one of the best songs I've heard in recent years. I'm in love with it.

The past couple of weeks i have heard 3 songs that are amazing! I can only imagine what the rest of CD will sound like!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
BrokenGlass
Headliner

Gonna call...

« Reply #1109 on: February 23, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »

Oooh snaps I take it back. After giving it a bunch of listens it's really growing on me now.  yes

"That was called 'Fucking off.' ...in G."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1110 on: February 23, 2006, 09:10:44 PM »

What if these are all the reject songs that aren't making it on the album, and they're like, "Fine, here, take these shitty songs."

Then I think the finished CD is going to literally blow my socks off.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #1111 on: February 23, 2006, 09:15:32 PM »

the part at 4:18 and up is kinda cool and differnt but still hate the robot noise at 3:16 and the "hardcore"  shit Axls a real good singer and shouldnt waste his voice on that shit

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1112 on: February 23, 2006, 09:17:02 PM »

The second needs some work and a much smoother transition.

Dare I say it but Robin Finck's solo is totally appetizing and completely satisfying, loved it. The Bucket section needs to go, as well as the metal vocals. 

Aside from that, the vocal melodies and lyrics are as good as any song that guns have ever written. Smooth it out, make it flow, and we will make it a classic.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1113 on: February 23, 2006, 09:19:07 PM »

Let's not forget that all requests for songs/pm's for songs will be deleted.   So don't post them!   no

this is kinda like Sony music suing people for Downloading but yet selling and manufacturing CD Burners.

I mean we got threads to discuss the songs so naturally people are gonna want to hear them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1114 on: February 23, 2006, 09:30:05 PM »

the part at 4:18 and up is kinda cool and differnt but still hate the robot noise at 3:16 and the "hardcore"? shit Axls a real good singer and shouldnt waste his voice on that shit

I'm sorry, but THAT ain't hardcore singing, it's no different to Axl's aggressive vocals on songs like Perfect Crime and alike, and I f**Kin love it! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1115 on: February 23, 2006, 09:34:58 PM »

the part at 4:18 and up is kinda cool and differnt but still hate the robot noise at 3:16 and the "hardcore"  shit Axls a real good singer and shouldnt waste his voice on that shit

I'm sorry, but THAT ain't hardcore singing, it's no different to Axl's aggressive vocals on songs like Perfect Crime and alike, and I f**Kin love it! ok

Totally agree. Some people are calling that "metal"??.....uh, go listen to Slayer.  That is metal.  The middle of BETTER is called "Hard Rock".  It was a popular form of music back in the mid 80s to very early 90s.   hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1116 on: February 23, 2006, 09:35:08 PM »

madagas...werent you the one the other day saying who cares what the press and haters have to say?
You guys are pathetic-seriously. Have more confidence in yourself and don't worry about what other people think ALL THE TIME. Thread after thread is about what other people think. Who cares? This is absolutely no different than 1987. You either Love Axl or you hate him. It was the exact same thing back in the day. Mike said it above. Why don't you let Axl worry about his record sales and popularity-it is NOT your job. People like what the fuck they want. Axl has a very "unique" voice which can really grate on people's nerves. I can hardly make it through all of AFD because of it. Your either with him or against him. However, he still has alot of people with him and will garner alot of new fans once the record is released. It will all work out...and if it doesn't, hopefully you got a few songs that made YOU feel good. I use to do the same thing and waste a lot of energy defending Gnr back in the day. I went to UGA in Athens-the epicenter of alternative rock in the mid to late eighties. Believe me, I got in some dust ups. But, history proved me ultimately right as Gnr has held up and overall has as good a rep as REM, The Replacements, etc. Trust me, let Axl fight his own battles. You can request the songs on radio and promote that way. But running around message boards arguing about it to people who don't give a shit is a waste of your time. Just a little perspective from an older original Gunner.

why the change...its cool if you dont like the song but who cares what other peopel think. If they cnat handle the different gnr sound...o well...theres VR for ya and the old stuff....

At first I didnt like the full version at all but now I cant stop listening. Im impressed. It took a few spins to get into it and feel it. Now Im going gago...it needs some fine tuning and I am expecting the final cut to make this a gem...as well as the others we have heard....

We all need to realize we have not heard 1 final studio cut from this album. Even though we have heard half the album, we have not heard 1 final produced version. And with the proper production most of these songs can be masterpieces.....Release day will be Judgment day

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1117 on: February 23, 2006, 09:38:41 PM »

Take out 3:19 to 3:23 and I'm happy as hell.  My exact words were, "R2D2." 

Maybe this song was planned as a soundtrack addition to Star Wars III, Revenge of the Sith, and the world premiere video was going to feature R2D2!  Anyone with me on this!   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1118 on: February 23, 2006, 09:43:23 PM »

agree w/killer there, but i think buckets solo is umm differnt, not sure it fits the song and yes at that 3+ min mark what happened(sorry just got on lin e at home and lazy to read al eholr threadt at this [pont)
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #1119 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48:39 PM »

the part at 4:18 and up is kinda cool and differnt but still hate the robot noise at 3:16 and the "hardcore"? shit Axls a real good singer and shouldnt waste his voice on that shit

It is different its alot more aggresive and rough than anything else It will probabley sound better on Chinese democracy,and I hate using that word when Im talking about the song

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 138 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: