Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  an overlooked fact... that makes you wonder
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: an overlooked fact... that makes you wonder  (Read 13705 times)
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 10:41:46 AM »

Almost finished can mean anything.

It needed background vocals, needed to be mixed, a guitar solo etc etc.

Also, if there's something stopping the release of the album,, you might wanna deal with that before finishing the album....

For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome-- especially one that wouldn?t jeopardize the band or the album.

/jarmo

ahh, i think it would be the other way around. 

You would want to finish the album before you start dealing with something that may stop it from being released. 
maynard
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 10:55:30 AM »

They should at least confirm the tour dates on their site, this lack of neews is one of the dumbest things they have done. They finnished a great tour, the press was very positive. 2007 could start with GNR all over the place, but no, they decided to stay quiet, some updates (that I prefer call excuses) and that's all.

I wouldn't be surprised if all this turns into a new 2003-2005 period.

A new greatests hits tour before releasing the album is another dumb decision. Axl can do whatever he wants, he's a millionaire, but he SHOULDN'T do this, we don't deserve it.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »

You don't deserve it?

Oh grow up.

Axl and Guns N' Roses don't owe you anything.

Adding to the fact that I didn't realise you were such an expert on what's going on in GN'R and the music industry in general.

Thanks for your well informed opinion.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 10:59:41 AM »

no disrespect intended, but your premise is that no songs were finished til now. we simply dont no that thts true.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 11:07:39 AM »

A new greatests hits tour before releasing the album is another dumb decision.

Wow!  You have a time-machine?  You know that this is going to be "another greatest hits tour"?  Let's wait untill they get a couple of shows under their belts and see what the setlists are before we make this blanket statement, OK?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 11:10:09 AM »

"Madagascar since 1993"? WTF?
Source?

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »

I don't think there's a source since it's a bunch of speculation.

There might be lots of finished tracks, but none were finished the way they wanted them to be.

You know, you can record a song, and it could seem finished to you and me, but the artist might think it's not. So you put it aside and come back to it later to finish it.

For example, take the Don't Cry demo found on the Don't Cry single. It sounds great, but it's just a demo version. It's not finished......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2007, 11:38:57 AM »

It seems GNR have started mxing some of the songs a few years ago.? Stinson said in 2003 the album is being mixed "as we speak".? He also stated about a year or two later that he heard some finished "mixed" versions of some of the songs before he went on tour with VGH.? Didn't Axl say something last year that they have completed around 26 of 32 tracks?? Maybe they only have to mix a few songs...or they are starting from scratch again because Axl didn't like the results from the original mixing of these tracks?? Who the fuck knows.? At least we know recording is done on all of CD tracks.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 11:40:17 AM »

It seems GNR have started mxing some of the songs a few years ago.? Stinson said in 2003 the album is being mixed "as we speak".? He also stated about a year or two later that he heard some finished "mixed" versions of some of the songs before he went on tour with VGH.? Didn't Axl say something last year that they have completed around 26 of 32 tracks?? Maybe they only have to mix a few songs...or they are starting from scratch again because Axl didn't like the results from the original mixing of these tracks?? Who the fuck knows.? At least we know recording is done on all of CD tracks.

they were working on 32 songs...26 were nearly complete 13 were gonna be on the album

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 12:08:09 PM »

Source?
false
madagascar dates from 1999-2000

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »

you're assuming you know when the songs were finished

that one woman that visited axl...i cant recall her name, anyway when she went to visit Madagascar was in its infancy stages

http://axl_rose_shrine.tripod.com/trip1.html/index.html

whenever this happened i think that the woman who took the pics said axl played madagascar for her right when he started writing it..not sure the time frame though Undecided

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »

that one woman that visited axl...i cant recall her name, anyway when she went to visit Madagascar was in its infancy stages

whenever this happened i think that the woman who took the pics said axl played madagascar for her right when he started writing it..not sure the time frame though Undecided

Good God! and what a liberty and all that kinda stuff! just how did this lady get such access to our great leaders home?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2007, 12:42:29 PM »

Good God! and what a liberty and all that kinda stuff! just how did this lady get such access to our great leaders home?

Axl invited her.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2007, 01:00:41 PM »

You're assuming that in those 13 years they had being recording the final version.

It is likely that they had finished numerous demos of each of the songs to test had out different versions but had only lately begun recording the final versions at that point. One you begin recording finalised versions, you don't necessarily do one song after another but you would work on them simultaneously, so Brain might record the drums for a few songs, then Stinson can do his bass parts, etc. Or maybe Axl's voice wasn't in proper order when they were beginning to record the finalised versions so he was practising to get it back to its best before laying down the vocals. So maybe 26 of the songs contained finished instrumentals with no vocals yet, maybe some had lead vocals but he hadn't started backing vocals from the other members yet, and then the other 6 which weren't nearly finished, neither the solos nor the vocals had been recorded yet. Perhaps.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2007, 01:55:01 PM »

You don't deserve it?

Oh grow up.

Axl and Guns N' Roses don't owe you anything.

I agree. GNR doesnt owe us anything.

no disrespect intended, but your premise is that no songs were finished til now. we simply dont no that thts true.
my premise was based on Axl's statement in jan 06... and all my toughts were based on songs not being finished in jan 06.

Source?

I heard it from someone on this forum. I guess it's bullshit. Sorry.

I don't think there's a source since it's a bunch of speculation.

Madagascar thing was an honest mistake... not me trying to fuck with people. what would I possibly gain by tricking people into believing it was written in '93.
other things were not based on speculation, but on Axl's jan. statement. other dates are correct I assume.

There might be lots of finished tracks, but none were finished the way they wanted them to be.

You know, you can record a song, and it could seem finished to you and me, but the artist might think it's not. So you put it aside and come back to it later to finish it.

For example, take the Don't Cry demo found on the Don't Cry single. It sounds great, but it's just a demo version. It's not finished......

that's not the issue.
I dont mind songs being written for years... some of the best GNR songs came from years of hard work. but some also were a spur(spl?) of the moment kinda thing.
and what suprises me that since 93, 96, 99, or even 01, not one song was completed. that's all.  Back to madagascar (that's been written whenever)... not much has changed.
even with possible legal issues (about the quotes...), they could have finished it. since nothing has changed in it's live performance (I imagine/speculate...) same could be applied to the studio.

in the end... I think I came across the answer on my own.

I remembered some tommy or dizzy interview, from 01-03 period (sorry, I cant be more precise). there was mentioned that they are/were working on 70+ tracks. and that they have some 48 tracks completed.
an explanation might be that the songs were done, but eventually started being re-recorded, re worked....
then again I could be wrong,... but it's a good assumption.

I guess this might be  a start of another thread:)) "What happened to the 70+ songs worked in the past" - "are we ever gonna hear them?"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 01:57:03 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 01:57:16 PM »

and what suprises me that since 93, 96, 99, or even 01, not one song was completed. that's all. 

No, you mean released. Not finished.

Since we really don't know what state the material has been in.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 02:05:36 PM »

No, you mean released. Not finished.

Since we really don't know what state the material has been in.

nope... not the release part. I think there's enough of those threads:)
I was just (over)analyzing the 06 statement.

and I guess the songs have been finished over the years.
some might have gotten scraped, some might have been re-recorded with the newest lineup(s).

but even if they got re-recorded, I'm a little taken back that not one was (re)finished back then.

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1529

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 02:08:53 PM »

"This is not meant as a direct assault at you my man, but dont you think for the love of god that the band and their background people know exactly what they are doing?"

What, in the last 10 years, has led you to believe that this band has a master plan?
rubinho.ma
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 03:16:27 PM »

...but dont you think for the love of god that the band and their background people know exactly what they are doing?

Surely they DON'T. If they do, then why so many wrong hints and infos on the CD release date? I know they've set only ONE date with month/day/year on it but, before that, there's a huge collection of those well-know-in-the-fan-forums official "It's this year!" interviews. Not to mention the 2002 tour plans... ?confused
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 03:30:05 PM »

sorry dude. I wasnt trying to lash out on you.
I was talking to the entire forum.

that has gone long enough.

those are the common myths on the forum:

1)Axl is a wackjob
2)All songs Axl writes have something to do with Stephanie.

Axl's not a 16 year old teen. He has probably had some other love in his life other then erin and steph... especially in the past 15 years.
what do you guys think? he's been in a celibate since '93?!

I'd like to believe that the reason for CD taking so long is that he had some fine woman next to him, and that he just didnt give a fuck about anything/anybody else beer hihi

if so, he'd get bigger in my eyes...
and all the canceled shows would be forgiven. ok
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 03:32:23 PM by Lucky » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: