Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:27:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  an overlooked fact... that makes you wonder
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: an overlooked fact... that makes you wonder  (Read 13674 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »

I would love to hear the AFD 2000 recordings.  drool
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2007, 07:26:14 AM »

Big Dady scom is partly re-recorded GNR.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2007, 10:11:21 AM »

I remember the Tommy Stinson interviews. He said that only a few things needed to be done (artwork and booklet, etc)... that was in 2005. We're now in 2007 and the same things are being said. This makes me wonder if A) Chinese Democracy EVEN EXISTS or has the intent of being released and B) if Axl just throws out this new news as a way to keep people interested in GNR and going to the shows to milk the GNR name for all it's worth.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2007, 10:24:13 AM »

This makes me wonder if A) Chinese Democracy EVEN EXISTS
No. The demos we all heard are just fakes made by the same people who wrote My Favourite Pillow. Roll Eyes

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2007, 10:49:23 AM »

how is it possible to have a song sitting on the sheave for years and you do not finish it?!

That hasn't been overlooked, nor does it make me wonder.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2007, 10:55:16 AM »

No. The demos we all heard are just fakes made by the same people who wrote My Favourite Pillow. Roll Eyes

Yep, cause that's exactly what I meant! I mean, he's written a few songs to keep us thinking that he's still working, but in reality, that's all there is.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2007, 10:58:39 AM »

You're hilarious.
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »

Its not like Axl has been working 13 years straight.
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »

Be careful what you say you may forgive. Ask the fans in Philly or vancouver that same question and see if they would forgive h im for not showing up because of his 'love'(some woman that's probably not worth it) ... and his woman woul be extremely shallow or an ultra bitch to make axl fuck over thousands of fans...? I'm sure you would forgive him if you were in either of those 2 cities when he stood them up..?

2001 shows got canceled 2 times. I ended up seeing them only in 2006!

Kurt loder interview:? They rerecorded it.? But I don't think they intended on rereleasing it.

why would they record it if they dont intend on finishing it. it's like throwing money away.

Recording a bunch of stuff isn't quite wasting too much money.. ask all the bands that have recorded a whole bunch of crap and never released it to see if they think it was a waste of money.   And I was one who only got to see them in 06 too..   but canceling a show... is one thing, not showing up when you have 20,000 fans waiting is WAY different.  Ask someone from Philly.  I'm sure if they're still fans they'd tell you how much ASS a RIOT sucks compared to a canceled show. 
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2007, 08:06:03 AM »

Recording a bunch of stuff isn't quite wasting too much money.. ask all the bands that have recorded a whole bunch of crap and never released it to see if they think it was a waste of money.   And I was one who only got to see them in 06 too..   but canceling a show... is one thing, not showing up when you have 20,000 fans waiting is WAY different.  Ask someone from Philly.  I'm sure if they're still fans they'd tell you how much ASS a RIOT sucks compared to a canceled show. 

the album was completely re-recorded. in the interview Axl said that they needed to reherse the songs anyway so they recorded it.
it was reported that he wanted the re-recorded WTTJ on Black hawk soundtrack...

other bands record new material... not 20 year old material. especially if you are at a studio that's 6000$ per day.

and dont think 20 000 people are fans. there's few 100s of fans. other 19000 are casual listeners, and I bet many of them would think twice before they believe GNR into anything.

I was 16 in 01... nearest venue was 1000km away..... I was quite disappointed... twice.

and when it comes to fans... it would be interesting if Jarmo pulled out the statistics of the forum...
how many people who registered the first year this forum opened, are still posting/visiting the site.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Duffio
Rocker

uh oh, they're back...

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2007, 08:08:14 PM »

Recording a bunch of stuff isn't quite wasting too much money.. ask all the bands that have recorded a whole bunch of crap and never released it to see if they think it was a waste of money.? ?And I was one who only got to see them in 06 too..? ?but canceling a show... is one thing, not showing up when you have 20,000 fans waiting is WAY different.? Ask someone from Philly.? I'm sure if they're still fans they'd tell you how much ASS a RIOT sucks compared to a canceled show.?

the album was completely re-recorded. in the interview Axl said that they needed to reherse the songs anyway so they recorded it.
it was reported that he wanted the re-recorded WTTJ on Black hawk soundtrack...

other bands record new material... not 20 year old material. especially if you are at a studio that's 6000$ per day.

and dont think 20 000 people are fans. there's few 100s of fans. other 19000 are casual listeners, and I bet many of them would think twice before they believe GNR into anything.

I was 16 in 01... nearest venue was 1000km away..... I was quite disappointed... twice.

and when it comes to fans... it would be interesting if Jarmo pulled out the statistics of the forum...
how many people who registered the first year this forum opened, are still posting/visiting the site.

Lucky, don't be absurd, you can be a fan without going to a internet forum. Internet forums are more for nerd fans... such as you and I and most people on this board, if you go to see band at a live show and PAY to see them, then chances are you are a fan.  No?  well why would you care about a band that has been gone for 16 years?      anyway, i've wasted too much time with you.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2007, 08:17:40 PM »

Lucky, don't be absurd, you can be a fan without going to a internet forum. Internet forums are more for nerd fans... such as you and I and most people on this board, if you go to see band at a live show and PAY to see them, then chances are you are a fan.  No?  well why would you care about a band that has been gone for 16 years?      anyway, i've wasted too much time with you.

I would say diferently.
a fan in my opinion is someone who knows a thing or two about the band. knows some history, or at least album titles, songs (except for the obvious singles) etc.
a normal person goes to the concert only to have a good time, and enjoy the hits they've heard on the radio.

hence the constant argument on the forum about why the band doesnt play more new songs. "they are casual listeners"... not kids from Iowa.

do you really believe that there are 10000s of GNR fanatics in every town? most likely no. the fans are no more than 10%, other's are regular joes that happen to like the GNR, even bought an album, but they dont find them selfs fans.
just think of the other bands you went to see. you dont consider your self a fan of all those bands... now dont you?

and the wasting time part of your post was a childish remark...  Roll Eyes

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2007, 11:14:57 AM »

I remember the Tommy Stinson interviews. He said that only a few things needed to be done (artwork and booklet, etc)... that was in 2005. We're now in 2007 and the same things are being said. This makes me wonder if A) Chinese Democracy EVEN EXISTS or has the intent of being released and B) if Axl just throws out this new news as a way to keep people interested in GNR and going to the shows to milk the GNR name for all it's worth.

I think a lot of people wonder the same things. How can an album be "almost done" for like 8 years? Hell, there are songs that we've heard from this album that are several years old now. Maybe it's the biggest "F-U" ever to the music industry?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2007, 11:37:44 AM »

I've given up all hope of trying to figure out, reason with, explain or guess as to what is going on in Planet Axl
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2007, 11:44:02 AM »

That would be Coy Clarke and the (now defunct) band, Ghost Town Road.

Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2007, 11:46:45 AM »

I've given up all hope of trying to figure out, reason with, explain or guess as to what is going on in Planet Axl

Best. Post. Ever.

Trying to read axl is like trying to read the newspaper, in the dark, after having glaucoma drops put in your eyes.

All you're likely to accomplish is giving yourself the worlds worst migraine.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2007, 11:50:09 AM »

[witty]not to be a know it all.....but they might try actually FINISHING a song before moving on to the next.[/witty]

Late to the party, I know.

I can speak, a little bit, to the creative process when it comes to music.  There are plenty of artists who start a song, put it away (awaiting inspiration) and return to it later.

Now....the other thing we know is that Axl just doesn't do things the way everyone else does.  So trying to apply the rules, norms, and historical information we have on other bands/acts/songwriters to Axl is pretty much worthless.

And we either accept that, move on, and enjoy whatever product we eventually get or we obsess, speculate, commiserate, try to interpret, and turn out to be wrong 95% of the time.  Or some combination of the 2. Smiley

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2007, 11:57:11 AM »

those are the common myths on the forum:

1)Axl is a wackjob

I'm not sure I'd classify that as a myth...more a matter of differing perspective.

There's no denying he's eccentric.  And there's no denying some of the decisions he's made have been odd, to say the least.  Not having walked a mile in his moccosins, I don't think the "wackjob" title is fair, either.  But I certainly recognize that Axl doesn't seem to do things the way other people do (which is fine), and that makes him unpredictable.  To some, it give the APPEARANCE that he's a "wackjob".

Unless, of course, you meant a LITERAL "wackjob" (as in, should be committed and put in a straight jacket) and then I agree.  Myth.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »

why would they record it if they dont intend on finishing it. it's like throwing money away.

A few reasons:

First, to do what they did with "Big Daddy" and tried to do with "Black Hawk Down":  Only use the material recorded by the NEW band for licensing. Until the lawsuits all got resolved, that seemed to be Axl's "plan".

Second, to get the band recording, and practicing, material they KNEW they were gonna have to play on the road.

Third, to make sure the band gelled in the recording stuidio...as sort of an almost audition process, in the absence of finished CD material.  I doubt they recorded the material in a room together....it would have been tracks laid down by individual artists and then combined.  Then Axl could go about the business of combining tracks just to see if the pieces fit together to his liking.

I'm sure there are other reasons too, but those are the ones that immediately pop into my head.

Together again,
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2007, 12:55:18 PM »

If I remember correctly, Axl said on the Loder interview in '99 that the reason they re-recorded Appetite was for the guys in the band to get the material as tight as they needed in order to play it live and do it justice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: