Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I hate dating!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate dating!!  (Read 9544 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »

I need to vent a little bit tonight.? I went out with this guy I met online.? We went out three times and I thought there was some chemistry there.? After our second date he kissed me in his car, and then three days later, we go to a movie, and when he drops me off, he says he "doesn't think this is going to work out."? Then he said something about it was such a shame because we looked so good on paper.? I have no idea what happened between Saturday when he kissed me and said he wanted to see me again and last night when he decided he didn't want to see me anymore.? I'm just so confused.
Comments and bad dating stories are all welcome.? I'm just sick of it.? I don't understand men at all.?

a real asshole would have had sex with you first then broke it off...sounds like he just wasnt that into it...seems like he did an admirable thing...even though it pissed you off...which you have every right to be pissed...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2007, 01:40:58 AM »

not if u run! ok

Oh, fuck off!? How would you know!? ?hihi

25 to 30 miles a week, thats how! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2007, 07:01:10 AM »

I understand why your pissed off, i'm 30 now and as much as in the text book its nice to "be happy within yourself" and not need a relationship to be happy, the fact is tbat we're as socialble species and we're pretty much hardwired to want relationships with others...
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 10:48:07 AM »

I'm kind of amazed how so many people posting to this thread think that I think this guy is an asshole.  I don't.  I never said he was an asshole or a jerk.  I just said I was bummed about the situation. 
I could have asked him why, but I didn't.  I knew I didn't need to hear that from him because it wouldn't have benefited me at all. 
Also, I never took it personally.  Whatever's going on in his head, I know it has nothing to do with me. 
My point is -- being single sucks (in my opinion).

Gordon Gekko
Banned
Headliner

Blue Horseshoe loves GnR

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2007, 03:24:48 PM »

I must disagree. Being single is the best.

monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2007, 04:55:42 PM »

I must disagree. Being single is the best.

Really? Have you done it for long periods? I find its fun for a bit then gets VERY old...but maybe i'm just sappy....
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2007, 11:02:36 PM »

Being single is not a bad thing necessarily. ( I'm married so I look fondly back at my single days!)

When things are right and it was meant to be, things work  out for a reason.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2007, 11:09:45 PM »

Being single is not a bad thing necessarily. ( I'm married so I look fondly back at my single days!)

When things are right and it was meant to be, things work? out for a reason.

It's not about being single, it's about being alone, because those are two very different things.  And I guess we all want what we don't have. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2007, 12:14:04 AM »

When things are right and it was meant to be, things work? out for a reason.

It's not about being single, it's about being alone, because those are two very different things.? And I guess we all want what we don't have.?

whats your match.com profile?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2007, 07:18:29 AM »

I hate that i have been "on/off" in love with my best girlfriend for like 3 or 4 years now and that her boyfriend is a cheating player rant no
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2007, 03:17:36 AM »

So it might make sense to pay $40 for eharmony or whatever  it is called that  has a 40 point compatibility test to see  that the people  you meet  are intellectually and  emotionally compatible.

I dunno know about anyone else, but I think all these compatibility test are useless. I couldn't care less if a chick has 100% or 5% the same interests as me. If she don't I'll just change her (like now I'm trying to teach my gf to be my cleaning slave around the house. I think I getting there, she fetch beer all ready  ok)

Now if the girls smoking hot and knows how to treat me we're getting along fine.
I'll even throw her a few extra points if she's not a complete tool.

Never drink and get high. Losers get drunk and high cause they cant deal with disappointment.
D, are still upset when you had a few too many at my place and we stick your cellphone up your ass and called it, you made funny noises with the vibration on. Oh, and we took some dirty pictures, too before urinating on you.

There's nothing wrong with drinking D.

I know from experience that it helps (temporarily) to drink. It kills the pain and loneliness and makes you feel nothing...but it doesn't solve anything. I know this is all terribly obvious, but it's true. I'd talk to some friends and or family. I'm sure that there are tons of other decent guys that would like to meet you. Don't let one jerk have this power over you. 

Damn!  I don't think a guy telling you it won't work out after three dates makes him a jerk.  Hell, there are plenty of guys who'd probably feel that, despite the prospects of the relationship failing, they'd at least laid the ground work for some action.  Given his feelings, sounds to me like he did the decent thing.

That said, it does suck to get your hopes dashed, but it's the nature of the game.

It does sound like he kind of led her on though...

Why kiss her on the second date and then want to go out again?

It's just a kiss. For christs sake; I've given a girl a kiss before I told them goodbye.

I tried online dating a couple of times and some things puzzle me. Why do a profile without a pic?
My conclusions; The person is
a) hideous
b) D
c) your mom
or
d) some 50 years old fat trucker who's having some fun with ya.

Now even if it would be option a) is the hideous girls gameplan to seduce me with her inner beauty so I wouldn't run off or make her wear a bag over her head?

And no, I haven't waken up next to some fat single mom even at my worst drunken nights.

Then again I don't know how the girls have felt when I've woken up at their place, nor do I care, as long as they make me coffee and give me a re-run if I feel like it.

Btw, if you're tired or out of money to score a chick from the bar, try internet dating-lotto

The rules are simple; place a bet with your friend an the one who scores first win!

Oh, and no fat chicks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 04:36:41 AM by Sin Cut » Logged

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2007, 11:05:20 AM »

The whole thing was just very weird -- acting interested one day and then being weird the next.? On our second date he kissed me in his car, and we weren't even having a romantic moment.? He just leaned in and kissed me, and completely caught me off guard.? Then 3 days later he calls me 2 hours before he wants to take me to a movie.? We go to the movie and he has his arms crossed the entire time, in a real hostile way.?
Like I said before, I don't take responsibility for what's going on in his head, and I don't think he's a jerk because of it.? It just seems odd to me.?
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2007, 12:05:21 PM »

How about being friends with fat chicks?  Wink

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2007, 06:04:34 PM »

The whole thing was just very weird -- acting interested one day and then being weird the next.  On our second date he kissed me in his car, and we weren't even having a romantic moment.  He just leaned in and kissed me, and completely caught me off guard.  Then 3 days later he calls me 2 hours before he wants to take me to a movie.  We go to the movie and he has his arms crossed the entire time, in a real hostile way. 
Like I said before, I don't take responsibility for what's going on in his head, and I don't think he's a jerk because of it.  It just seems odd to me. 

That does sound wierd...i wonder if he had another girl he is interested in and was seeing you to try and convince himself he was over her or something like that, hense going through the motions but with some reluctance..
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »

The whole thing was just very weird -- acting interested one day and then being weird the next.? On our second date he kissed me in his car, and we weren't even having a romantic moment.? He just leaned in and kissed me, and completely caught me off guard.? Then 3 days later he calls me 2 hours before he wants to take me to a movie.? We go to the movie and he has his arms crossed the entire time, in a real hostile way.?
Like I said before, I don't take responsibility for what's going on in his head, and I don't think he's a jerk because of it.? It just seems odd to me.?

That does sound wierd...i wonder if he had another girl he is interested in and was seeing you to try and convince himself he was over her or something like that, hense going through the motions but with some reluctance..

That could be the case... I don't know.  Looking back on it, he definitely didn't take the chance to really find out anything about me - I would ask him a question, and he'd answer, but then nothing.  Usually, the other person will ask you the same, but he didn't do that.  He liked to show off his knowledge about obscure films and books and artists, which was sort of interesting but I felt like he was leaving me out of the conversation, and it was only the two of us talking.  Talking AT me, not TO me. 
monkeychow
VIP

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »

yeah doesnt sound like you guys were really clicking so to speak, so your probably not missing all that much in his case. But i know what u mean about being alone...its old...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: