Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:31:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I hate dating!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate dating!!  (Read 9589 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 11:21:44 PM »

Never drink and get high. Losers get drunk and high cause they cant deal with disappointment.

U will be better off in the long run by dealing with stuff naturally, experiencing all the emotions in life make u a better and stronger person.

The way I always looked at dating was:

The more wrong ones u find, the closer u are to the Right one.

It will happen but it takes time and perseverance plus not settling for good enough.

I met my fiancee Via Internet this forum actually and we never argue or fight and we've been together almost 3 years.

So love does exist, u just have to be strong enough to get through the bad ones to find it.

Dont become Jaded or dependent on Alcohol and drugs everytime life gets u down. U will find yourself stuck in the same rut never to get out of it.

U have to learn to rid yourself of unnecessary baggage so u dont drag it into other relationships or miss a great opportunity by feeling sorry for yourself with drugs and drink.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »

This whole TV notion is that you go out with ?someone and fall in love is bs. The reality is that dating does suck, and you may find the ratio is 1:15. 1:25 or even 1:50 before you find the person who is ?right for you. But when you do, all the bad ?experiences ?go away and it ?is ?sooooo worth it. So just ?hang in there. Something good will happen if you don't take it ?personally and don't get down on yourself ?(which is easier said than done).
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 11:26:48 PM »

Never drink and get high. Losers get drunk and high cause they cant deal with disappointment.

U will be better off in the long run by dealing with stuff naturally, experiencing all the emotions in life make u a better and stronger person.

The way I always looked at dating was:

The more wrong ones u find, the closer u are to the Right one.

It will happen but it takes time and perseverance plus not settling for good enough.

I met my fiancee Via Internet this forum actually and we never argue or fight and we've been together almost 3 years.

So love does exist, u just have to be strong enough to get through the bad ones to find it.

Dont become Jaded or dependent on Alcohol and drugs everytime life gets u down. U will find yourself stuck in the same rut never to get out of it.

U have to learn to rid yourself of unnecessary baggage so u dont drag it into other relationships or miss a great opportunity by feeling sorry for yourself with drugs and drink.

first of all, i'm not some junkie drunk just because i said i wanted to do it.  and i smoke weed primarily for my severe nerve damage.  and if i drink 3 times a year, that's a lot for me.  i was saying how i felt.
GeraldFord
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 11:27:30 PM »

I know from experience that it helps (temporarily) to drink. It kills the pain and loneliness and makes you feel nothing...but it doesn't solve anything. I know this is all terribly obvious, but it's true. I'd talk to some friends and or family. I'm sure that there are tons of other decent guys that would like to meet you. Don't let one jerk have this power over you.?

Damn!? I don't think a guy telling you it won't work out after three dates makes him a jerk.? Hell, there are plenty of guys who'd probably feel that, despite the prospects of the relationship failing, they'd at least laid the ground work for some action.? Given his feelings, sounds to me like he did the decent thing.

That said, it does suck to get your hopes dashed, but it's the nature of the game.

It does sound like he kind of led her on though...

Why kiss her on the second date and then want to go out again?
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 11:28:51 PM »

I know from experience that it helps (temporarily) to drink. It kills the pain and loneliness and makes you feel nothing...but it doesn't solve anything. I know this is all terribly obvious, but it's true. I'd talk to some friends and or family. I'm sure that there are tons of other decent guys that would like to meet you. Don't let one jerk have this power over you.?

Damn!? I don't think a guy telling you it won't work out after three dates makes him a jerk.? Hell, there are plenty of guys who'd probably feel that, despite the prospects of the relationship failing, they'd at least laid the ground work for some action.? Given his feelings, sounds to me like he did the decent thing.

That said, it does suck to get your hopes dashed, but it's the nature of the game.

I don't think he's a jerk.  I think he's a genuinely nice guy.  I wish he WAS a jerk, then I'd be lucky to be rid of him.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 11:31:54 PM »

I know from experience that it helps (temporarily) to drink. It kills the pain and loneliness and makes you feel nothing...but it doesn't solve anything. I know this is all terribly obvious, but it's true. I'd talk to some friends and or family. I'm sure that there are tons of other decent guys that would like to meet you. Don't let one jerk have this power over you. 

Damn!  I don't think a guy telling you it won't work out after three dates makes him a jerk.  Hell, there are plenty of guys who'd probably feel that, despite the prospects of the relationship failing, they'd at least laid the ground work for some action.  Given his feelings, sounds to me like he did the decent thing.

It does sound like he kind of led her on though...

Why kiss her on the second date and then want to go out again?

Who knows?  Maybe there just wasn't anything in that kiss, for him?  Maybe something else happened, and he couldn't get involved at that time?  I don't think three dates is leading someone on.  Certainly more than one bad date, but I'm going to assume that she's a cool and interesting enough person that it took him longer to realize it wasn't a good fit. 

I don't think he's a jerk.  I think he's a genuinely nice guy.  I wish he WAS a jerk, then I'd be lucky to be rid of him.

Yeah, it's always easier when it feels like you're better off without someone. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 11:32:19 PM »

I do realize I only went out with this guy three times. ?I'm not upset, like it was a relationship that broke up. ?Like I said, I'm just disappointed. ?I'm not sad over the loss of HIM. ?I'm sad about being alone. ?I don't like getting my hopes up. ?And I'm not mad at this guy... I'm just confused.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 11:33:36 PM »

I think RichardNixon and Natasha23 should get together and go bowling. ?ok

GeraldFord
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 11:34:33 PM »

I do realize I only went out with this guy three times. ?I'm not upset, like it was a relationship that broke up. ?Like I said, I'm just disappointed. ?I'm not sad over the loss of HIM. ?I'm sad about being alone. ?I don't like getting my hopes up. ?And I'm not mad at this guy... I'm just confused.

Go listen to some Beatles. Always makes me feel a little less blue.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 11:34:41 PM »

I could tell you stories....Unbelievable ?stuff.

The point is, it happens in life. Disappointment happens. You move on. Don't over-analyze or over-criticize yourself.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 11:39:03 PM »

I could tell you stories....Unbelievable ?stuff.

The point is, it happens in life. Disappointment happens. You move on. Don't over-analyze or over-criticize yourself.

I actually don't over-analyse myself.  I over-analyze the other person. 
I know I'll move on.  In my last relationship when my boyfriend left me to go into the military, I couldn't believe the amount of pain I was in.  I felt like I couldn't breathe it hurt so badly.  But eventually I moved on and I get used to being single. 
You know what I think it is... I think it's the disruption in my routine.  I like knowing what to expect and when something changes that (for good or for bad) I get rattled and thrown off course.  I don't like feeling out of control.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 11:39:19 PM »

I do realize I only went out with this guy three times.  I'm not upset, like it was a relationship that broke up.  Like I said, I'm just disappointed.  I'm not sad over the loss of HIM.  I'm sad about being alone.  I don't like getting my hopes up.  And I'm not mad at this guy... I'm just confused.

Well, don't take it personally.  Hey, maybe he's ultra picky?  Ya never know.

I'm not sure what the "best" way is to meet people.  It certainly isn't a bar, most of the time.  A good way to meet people you'll click with would be to pursue your own interests, and meet the guys doing those things too.  If you like to ski, look for a guy on the slopes.  If you like to read, go to a reading or book signing or something.  I'd also say that you can't wait back for it to happen.  Approach people, talk to them...if you're doing something you both find interesting, and you find him physically attractive, then that's a good start!  And don't get depressed by failure.  Better to fail early (after a few dates) than late (after, say, 5 years), right?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 11:44:22 PM »

I do realize I only went out with this guy three times.? I'm not upset, like it was a relationship that broke up.? Like I said, I'm just disappointed.? I'm not sad over the loss of HIM.? I'm sad about being alone.? I don't like getting my hopes up.? And I'm not mad at this guy... I'm just confused.

Well, don't take it personally.? Hey, maybe he's ultra picky?? Ya never know.

I'm not sure what the "best" way is to meet people.? It certainly isn't a bar, most of the time.? A good way to meet people you'll click with would be to pursue your own interests, and meet the guys doing those things too.? If you like to ski, look for a guy on the slopes.? If you like to read, go to a reading or book signing or something.? I'd also say that you can't wait back for it to happen.? Approach people, talk to them...if you're doing something you both find interesting, and you find him physically attractive, then that's a good start!? And don't get depressed by failure.? Better to fail early (after a few dates) than late (after, say, 5 years), right?

You're right.  Intellectually I know the best way to meet people is to really get excited and into your own life, and what you're doing.

Like I said, this guy was a nice guy.  I'm confused because I misread the signals and I felt blindsided. 
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 11:46:21 PM »

I do realize I only went out with this guy three times.  I'm not upset, like it was a relationship that broke up.  Like I said, I'm just disappointed.  I'm not sad over the loss of HIM.  I'm sad about being alone.  I don't like getting my hopes up.  And I'm not mad at this guy... I'm just confused.

Well, don't take it personally.  Hey, maybe he's ultra picky?  Ya never know.

I'm not sure what the "best" way is to meet people.  It certainly isn't a bar, most of the time.  A good way to meet people you'll click with would be to pursue your own interests, and meet the guys doing those things too.  If you like to ski, look for a guy on the slopes.  If you like to read, go to a reading or book signing or something.  I'd also say that you can't wait back for it to happen.  Approach people, talk to them...if you're doing something you both find interesting, and you find him physically attractive, then that's a good start!  And don't get depressed by failure.  Better to fail early (after a few dates) than late (after, say, 5 years), right?

You're right.  Intellectually I know the best way to meet people is to really get excited and into your own life, and what you're doing.

Like I said, this guy was a nice guy.  I'm confused because I misread the signals and I felt blindsided. 

Sometimes people use signals in ways we don't expect.  While him kissing you might have indicated to you that he was really attracted, to him it might have been a way to find out if he was really attracted.  Let's face it...men and women are different beasts, more often that not, and they just approach things in different ways. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 11:48:16 PM »

I do realize I only went out with this guy three times.? I'm not upset, like it was a relationship that broke up.? Like I said, I'm just disappointed.? I'm not sad over the loss of HIM.? I'm sad about being alone.? I don't like getting my hopes up.? And I'm not mad at this guy... I'm just confused.

Well, don't take it personally.? Hey, maybe he's ultra picky?? Ya never know.

I'm not sure what the "best" way is to meet people.? It certainly isn't a bar, most of the time.? A good way to meet people you'll click with would be to pursue your own interests, and meet the guys doing those things too.? If you like to ski, look for a guy on the slopes.? If you like to read, go to a reading or book signing or something.? I'd also say that you can't wait back for it to happen.? Approach people, talk to them...if you're doing something you both find interesting, and you find him physically attractive, then that's a good start!? And don't get depressed by failure.? Better to fail early (after a few dates) than late (after, say, 5 years), right?

You're right.? Intellectually I know the best way to meet people is to really get excited and into your own life, and what you're doing.

Like I said, this guy was a nice guy.? I'm confused because I misread the signals and I felt blindsided.?

Sometimes people use signals in ways we don't expect.? While him kissing you might have indicated to you that he was really attracted, to him it might have been a way to find out if he was really attracted.? Let's face it...men and women are different beasts, more often that not, and they just approach things in different ways.?

He caught me off guard when he kissed me.  He just leaned it and did it.  I didn't get a chance to bring my A-Game.   Wink
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2007, 12:35:46 AM »

PLENTY of chicks do the same thing.  In my single days I'd have amazing first dates/second dates and then get totally blown off.  I've done the same to my share of girls too.  It works both ways.  I doubt anyone is ever the dumper 100% of the time.

One big drawback to online dating through dating sites is that you can't honestly expect someone to JUST be talking to you, there are way to many people on those sites.  Thats why its a good idea to talk to a lot of different people and don't put all your eggs in one basket.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 12:40:46 AM »

PLENTY of chicks do the same thing.? In my single days I'd have amazing first dates/second dates and then get totally blown off.? I've done the same to my share of girls too.? It works both ways.? I doubt anyone is ever the dumper 100% of the time.

One big drawback to online dating through dating sites is that you can't honestly expect someone to JUST be talking to you, there are way to many people on those sites.? Thats why its a good idea to talk to a lot of different people and don't put all your eggs in one basket.

BINGO Hanna

I think he hit it on the head.

This guy probably saw some more profiles and was talkin to a couple other chicks and decided to try another one out.

Dont everyone hate on men though. I give the guy respect for at least being honest to u in person.

He couldve met another chick and tried to see u both at the same time.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 12:53:37 AM »

Never drink

I feel sorry for people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning it is as good as they are going to feel all day.

- Frank Sinatra

Tongue
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 01:00:03 AM »

not if u run! ok

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend