Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:27:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I hate dating!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate dating!!  (Read 9581 times)
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: March 15, 2007, 10:50:24 PM »

I need to vent a little bit tonight.  I went out with this guy I met online.  We went out three times and I thought there was some chemistry there.  After our second date he kissed me in his car, and then three days later, we go to a movie, and when he drops me off, he says he "doesn't think this is going to work out."  Then he said something about it was such a shame because we looked so good on paper.  I have no idea what happened between Saturday when he kissed me and said he wanted to see me again and last night when he decided he didn't want to see me anymore.  I'm just so confused.
Comments and bad dating stories are all welcome.  I'm just sick of it.  I don't understand men at all. 
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 10:58:01 PM »

Theres plenty of fish in the sea  ok

I wouldn't worry about it.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 10:58:49 PM »

You know, it actually is better ?this way. At least he was being (semi) honest. It is better than leading you on, just to get you in ?bed and then say, "you know, you're really not my type. Oh, by the ?way, I have herpes."

I don't know how ?old ?you are, but these things happen, especially with internet dating. Don't take ?it personally. If ?it ?was ?meant ?to be ?it would happen. Just be yourself and be honest ?about who you are, and eventually someone ?will love you for who you are. It's hard when you are alone and don't want ?to be, but you have ?to hand in there. Men are ?weird and we ?are wired ?differently. Some have "wires" that seem not to be connected at all.

I also read an article ?the other ?day that indicated ?that men frequent the "free" online dating services more, whereas women are more ?willing to invest ?a ?little and get ?get ?more quality. So it might make sense to pay $40 for eharmony or whatever ?it is called that ?has a 40 point compatibility test to see ?that the people ?you meet ?are intellectually and ?emotionally compatible.
GeraldFord
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 11:00:19 PM »

This past Valentine's Day I went out with my (then) girlfriend. We had wine, a lovely diner, I told her how much I loved her, and before we said good-bye I kissed her goodnight. Walking home I felt like I was on top of the world.

A week later she breaks up with me because she "doesn't have time for anyone" and "can't be a good girlfriend" to me...

I don't know. Maybe some people are just afraid of getting close. Or maybe in your case he didn't get you in the sack fast enough and thought it would take too long to seal the deal.

Better luck next time.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:02:10 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 11:05:36 PM »

We met on match.com, so we were both paying for the service.  I know intellectually it isn't personal, and that it doesn't really have anything to do with me.  I'm just disappointed.  I'm 28 years old, and haven't dated much at all.  I hear all these people talking about being happy even when you're alone, or the best way to meet someone is when you're not looking.  A lot of that Law of Attraction stuff, but it just sucks to be alone.  It really sucks. 
GeraldFord
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 11:06:28 PM »

We met on match.com, so we were both paying for the service.? I know intellectually it isn't personal, and that it doesn't really have anything to do with me.? I'm just disappointed.? I'm 28 years old, and haven't dated much at all.? I hear all these people talking about being happy even when you're alone, or the best way to meet someone is when you're not looking.? A lot of that Law of Attraction stuff, but it just sucks to be alone.? It really sucks.?

I hear ya.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 11:09:20 PM »

We met on match.com, so we were both paying for the service.? I know intellectually it isn't personal, and that it doesn't really have anything to do with me.? I'm just disappointed.? I'm 28 years old, and haven't dated much at all.? I hear all these people talking about being happy even when you're alone, or the best way to meet someone is when you're not looking.? A lot of that Law of Attraction stuff, but it just sucks to be alone.? It really sucks.?

See who else you can find on match.com. i wouldn't give up just because of one bad experience.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 11:10:46 PM »

I don't know how ?old ?you are, but these things happen, especially with internet dating.

Yeah people should stick to meeting people in clubs and bars, those relationships always last.. Roll Eyes

Internet didnt have anything to do with it, they went out 3 times, so therefore it ceases to be internet dating.

Maybe the longer he hung around her, the more he realized they didn't have much in common, maybe she annoyed him, maybe she didnt talk enough or she talked too much.
Dont blame it on "Net Dating"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:04 PM »

You know, it actually is better ?this way. At least he was being (semi) honest. It is better than leading you on, just to get you in ?bed and then say, "you know, you're really not my type. Oh, by the ?way, I have herpes."
You are right about that. ?At least this way I won't be waiting by the phone agonizing over his not calling. ?For the most part I keep it together when I'm single. ?I get used to being alone (even though it sucks and I hate it), but then I meet someone, I get my hopes up over the promise of some companionship, and then when it doesn't materialize I feel so let down.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:45:28 PM by Natasha23 » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:27 PM »

Sounds like an ass, you are better off without him.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 11:11:37 PM »

I need to vent a little bit tonight.  I went out with this guy I met online.  We went out three times and I thought there was some chemistry there.  After our second date he kissed me in his car, and then three days later, we go to a movie, and when he drops me off, he says he "doesn't think this is going to work out."  Then he said something about it was such a shame because we looked so good on paper.  I have no idea what happened between Saturday when he kissed me and said he wanted to see me again and last night when he decided he didn't want to see me anymore.  I'm just so confused.
Comments and bad dating stories are all welcome.  I'm just sick of it.  I don't understand men at all. 

In my experience, dating has little to do with being "good on paper."  The problem with the net is that people who supposedly "match" get together and then are surprised when one (or both) isn't physically attracted to the other.  If he wasn't interested, then it means he's just not attracted to you.  Don't take it personally.  We all have our individual preferences.  That's all there is to it. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »

Maybe she had a booger hanging off her nose on there last date ?

Hemingway
GeraldFord
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 11:13:44 PM »

You are right about that. ?At least this way I won't be waiting by the phone agonizing over his not calling. ?For the most part I keep it together when I'm single. ?I get used to being alone (even though it sucks and I hate it), but then I meet someone, I get my hopes up over the promise of some companionship, and then when it doesn't materialize I feel so let down.
Right now all I want to do is get drunk, stoned off my ass and overeat. ?I'm already stoned so that's probably why I'm being so honest and pathetic. Unfortunately I don't keep booze at my house.

The WORST thing you can do is drink...

Try jogging.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »

Maybe she had a booger hanging off her nose on there last date ?
No I didn't. ?BELIEVE ME, I check those things and make sure I don't sneeze on dates.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 11:14:09 PM »

U get stoned and drink........... Maybe he isnt into that which is why he didnt wanna go out anymore?

If I were with a girl I just met and she let it slip that she gets high and drunk, I wouldn't go out with her either.

Richard is dead on, Nothing beats jogging! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 11:14:39 PM »

Right now all I want to do is get drunk, stoned off my ass and overeat. ?I'm already stoned so that's probably why I'm being so honest and pathetic. Unfortunately I don't keep booze at my house.

The WORST thing you can do is drink...

Try jogging.

Bad knees.
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 11:15:39 PM »

U get stoned and drink........... Maybe he isnt into that which is why he didnt wanna go out anymore?

If I were with a girl I just met and she let it slip that she gets high and drunk, I wouldn't go out with her either.

Richard is dead on, Nothing beats jogging! ok

No, he doesn't know I get high.  And I rarely drink.  I said I WANTED to.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 11:15:57 PM »

I don't know how ?old ?you are, but these things happen, especially with internet dating.

Yeah people should stick to meeting people in clubs and bars, those relationships always last.. Roll Eyes

Internet didnt have anything to do with it, they went out 3 times, so therefore it ceases to be internet dating.

Maybe the longer he hung around her, the more he realized they didn't have much in common, maybe she annoyed him, maybe she didnt talk enough or she talked too much.
Dont blame it on "Net Dating"

I wasn't, and you miss my point 100%.
But whatever, the point is not to argue with you, but to console ?a person who has ?asked ?for advice and support. ?
So let's just drop it and not turn it into something ?else; let's try to help the person ?who asked ?for support. OK?
GeraldFord
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 11:18:16 PM »

I know from experience that it helps (temporarily) to drink. It kills the pain and loneliness and makes you feel nothing...but it doesn't solve anything. I know this is all terribly obvious, but it's true. I'd talk to some friends and or family. I'm sure that there are tons of other decent guys that would like to meet you. Don't let one jerk have this power over you. 
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 11:21:27 PM »

I know from experience that it helps (temporarily) to drink. It kills the pain and loneliness and makes you feel nothing...but it doesn't solve anything. I know this is all terribly obvious, but it's true. I'd talk to some friends and or family. I'm sure that there are tons of other decent guys that would like to meet you. Don't let one jerk have this power over you. 

Damn!  I don't think a guy telling you it won't work out after three dates makes him a jerk.  Hell, there are plenty of guys who'd probably feel that, despite the prospects of the relationship failing, they'd at least laid the ground work for some action.  Given his feelings, sounds to me like he did the decent thing.

That said, it does suck to get your hopes dashed, but it's the nature of the game.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: