Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Paul Stenning Working On SLASH Biography
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Stenning Working On SLASH Biography  (Read 2746 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: March 13, 2007, 10:48:57 PM »

Paul Stenning ? author of the GUNS N' ROSES book "The Band That Time Forgot", the AC/DC book "Two Sides to Every Glory", and the recently released 130,000-word biography on IRON MAIDEN, entitled "30 Years of the Beast - The Complete Biography 1976-2006" ? is putting the finishing touches on his biography on former GUNS N' ROSES and current VELVET REVOLVER guitarist Slash. The book is expected to be released in a few months. More details will be made available soon.

Matthew Flamm of Crain's New York Business reported last month that Slash sold his autobiography to HarperCollins. The British born, California-raised axeman will work with writer Anthony Bozza, who helped M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee pen his memoir, "Tommyland". The manuscript is due to be delivered in the fall.

A HarperCollins spokeswoman confirmed Slash's deal, according to Crain's New York Business.

Slash, born Saul Hudson, left GUNS N' ROSES in 1996 following a rift with frontman Axl Rose. He went on to form the band VELVET REVOLVER with fellow ex-GN'R members Duff McKagan (bass) and Matt Sorum (drums).

Also in the works is "W.A.R.: The Unauthorized Biography of W. Axl Rose", by British rock writer Mick Wall. The book is due out in Britain in the fall and is currently making the rounds of New York publishers.

"[GUNS N' ROSES] is a great story, and it's not finished yet,'' says Wall's U.S. agent, Barbara Zitwer, referring to the unfinished album, entitled "Chinese Democracy", that Rose has been working on for years.

Slash is not the first member of VELVET REVOLVER to land a publishing deal for his memoir. A year ago, it was announced that the group's lead singer, Scott Weiland (ex-STONE TEMPLE PILOTS) had inked a deal with Scribner to release his autobiography, which will include stories about his rise to rock stardom, his battles with drugs, and his life now that he's sober.

Source: Blabbermouth.net

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 11:50:35 PM »

don't buy anything by Paul Stenning, his book on GNR was AWFUL

AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 03:09:30 PM »

Awwww man, Paul Stenning is making it? His biographies are horrible. I read Two Sides to Every Glory and The Band That Time Forgot. Basically just a repeat of everything I already know. He is a BAD writer.

We need someone better. Like whoever published The Dirt, or Walk This Way. Those were good.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »

Awwww man, Paul Stenning is making it? His biographies are horrible. I read Two Sides to Every Glory and The Band That Time Forgot. Basically just a repeat of everything I already know. He is a BAD writer.

We need someone better. Like whoever published The Dirt, or Walk This Way. Those were good.

Yeah he's also writing a biography but it's not gonna be the official one...

Matthew Flamm of Crain's New York Business reported last month that Slash sold his autobiography to HarperCollins. The British born, California-raised axeman will work with writer Anthony Bozza, who helped M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee pen his memoir, "Tommyland". The manuscript is due to be delivered in the fall.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »

The Band That Time Forgot is an awful book. It is basically an amatuers view on Axl's mental state and full of poor breakdowns of GN'Rs lyrics and why Axl wrote them. One of the best moments is about the lyrical content of 14 Years and how it is Axl expressing his anger and fears of his childhood. Interesting how it was written by Izzy. The constant spelling mistakes and generally bad punctuation is also a wind up. Its also a complete suck up to Axl, which isn't neccessarily bad, but when I'm reading a book about a band I dont want to constantly hear why one member is great I wanna read about the bands history.

I'll wait for the Slash autobiography
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »

i loved the band that time forgot! i learned a bunch of stuff i never knew before so im looking forward to axls, slashs and scotts and stevens books. we just need duff to write one and  all five members will have books

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 10:57:05 PM »

i loved the band that time forgot! i learned a bunch of stuff i never knew before so im looking forward to axls, slashs and scotts and stevens books. we just need duff to write one and all five members will have books
Do yourself a favor and read "Over the Top" by Mark Putterford.
And please donate your copy of "The Band that time Forgot" to your worst enemy.
anythinggoes
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »

This book is already out i got it on Monday it was reduced to ?5 in my local Hmv i checked the print date its 2007 at a glance i noticed they missed Come on come in from the discography not really had a chance to read it yet though
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 04:36:46 PM »

the slash bio is out?Huh

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 04:42:31 PM »

the slash bio is out?Huh

No not the official one...
anythinggoes
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 05:50:37 PM »

this is the one i got
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 09:01:39 AM »

I just got given a copy of this a minute ago.  I'll have a quick read and post my thoughts soon.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: