Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:06:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony  (Read 58621 times)
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2007, 07:23:48 AM »

Axl was a Stone Temple Pilots fan, don't forget for anyone who's questioning Scott-at least Scott admits GNR were an influence

libertad
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2007, 07:39:49 AM »

Axl was a Stone Temple Pilots fan, don't forget for anyone who's questioning Scott-at least Scott admits GNR were an influence

So because Axl allegedly was a Stone Temple Pilot fan Axl fans are supposed to like Scott and vice versa?
Hahaha, that's an argument you might succeed with in kindergarten.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2007, 08:55:32 AM »

maybe this should be moved to GnR where is cool to slam Weiland....

Maybe at your board it would, not here.

This isn't really a VR forum, or a GN'R and VR board. It's GN'R board with a VR section.

Get used to Weiland not getting all the? love he gets at other boards.

Asking the majprity of GN'R fans to worship Weiland is like expecting GN'R fans to say nice things about Kurt Cobain.

/jarmo

Actually I try to not let bashing continue unabated at my board for any member of GnR or VR....hard to curtail axl critisism though...alot of people are fed up, just cuz Scott makes a joke that a million other peopel have made, people decide to run their mouth like its the biggest travesty to happen to GnR ever, and i still say it wasnt his fault, the dumb interviewer brought it up in the first place and Scott is hardly the type to say "no comment" though he prolly woulda been better off to do just that....

anyway, for all you others, EazyDuzIt comes to mind since he seems the biggest antagoanist that i've seen in here, just cuz axl has a problem with somebody doesnt mean his fans have to too, stop being a sheep...(Nirvana was great, STP was Great and VR is great) if you guys dont like scott then thats cool i guess nothing i can say about it, its just we dont have to get all riled up when then jab comes close to truth....or did i miss somethign and CD seems closer to release then last i checked.

Not every band can have axl as a singer....and thank god for that, we'd never get any new music.

all i can think of when i see this thread is the terrible debacle that the other weiland thread, from last year, became...what was it 90 some pages of "scott is a junkie" or some lame bullshit? i mean c'mon...i guess though it takes pressure of the negativity surrounding GnR at the moment peace

anyway i'm sick of defending scott here so this is my last post in this thread...and i dont wanna argue over it anymore especially not with you Jarmo....you got a cool board and i learned alot from how you guys do things, and it helped me learn how to admin my board...anyway no hard feelings jarmo, i hope, i dont wanna leave here, you got the best gnr board goin Wink

This isn't really a VR forum, or a GN'R and VR board. It's GN'R board with a VR section.

Get used to Weiland not getting all the  love he gets at other boards.

actually not to many people know too much about STP or Scott around GnR forums, which is a shame cuz they are missing out, but i understand where the main interest lies in this forum, it just sucks to constantly here the VS arguement over and over and fucking over...and you said it yourself last week or something, the orig intent of the VR sect was to have fans that support both bands come and post...well from this thread you can see that orig vision didnt come to fruition hihi peace anyway have fun bashing folks ok

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2007, 09:09:50 AM »

maybe this should be moved to GnR where is cool to slam Weiland....

Maybe at your board it would, not here.

but i'm sorry, the remark i made was out of line...i apologize, no offense was intended to you or HTGTH peace

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2007, 09:30:33 AM »

People need to realize that this is mainly a GN'R board.

Which basically means the majority of the posters come here because of GN'R. Some of them like STP, some can't stand them....

You can't accept everybody to like the singer in STP.

But I do expect people who come to a GN'R board to understand that bashing the band's singer, meaning the band this board is about, is pointless.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »

Jarmo, can I be a fan of Axl, yet still get frustrated and bash him every now and then on a poor decision?  Or, as an Axl fan, should I blindly shut my mouth and only say nice things.  I am a huge fan of VR.  Right now, I am a fan of weiland, but not a crazy fan of Weilands.  He has faults.  I just hope he keeps trying hard to be the best front man he can be.  Everyone makes mistakes.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »

And what's up with Matt laughing?? I thought they were friends again.

Because he's a DTJ. Always have, always will be. He was also making fun of GN'R in a video interview a few wekks ago.

No he wasn't, you shouldn't make pointless claims like that...
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »

Since you brought my name up Neemo, I just want you to know that I am not one to be a follower, I support Axl but I still think Scott sucks for my own reasons. ok
For you to try to stigmatize people who criticize Scott's comments as sheep, well, that says more about who is the real sheep here than you probably realize.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »

Since you brought my name up Neemo, I just want you to know that I am not one to be a follower, I support Axl but I still think Scott sucks for my own reasons. ok
For you to try to stigmatize people who criticize Scott's comments as sheep, well, that says more about who is the real sheep here than you probably realize.

oh yeah i know you hate him for your own reasons, you already posted your supreme insight here if you forgot....such wonderful ideas and original comments you brought to the thread.

What a sad loser this stupid, talentless clown is no
slash and duff should be fucking embarrased to be in a band with this stupid, insecure poser fuck

No, it's better off in the VR section where it's cool to slam Axl

Yeah he is a no talent junkie....
I agree.

Axl is a people magnet and VR is a bore. hihi

Why, because it makes Weiland look like the idiot that he is?

Scott "I wish I was Axl" Weiland.

So because Axl allegedly was a Stone Temple Pilot fan Axl fans are supposed to like Scott and vice versa?
Hahaha, that's an argument you might succeed with in kindergarten.

Looks to me like you are jealous that Slash is Playing guitar with Scott instead of Axl...pretty simple to see. You should really accept the fact that GnR has new members now ok
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 02:13:46 PM by Neemo » Logged

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2007, 02:17:18 PM »

Hahaha! That actually made me laugh. I'll keep this short, and then leave this lame thread alone.
First off, you have way too much time on your hands. Second, I couldn't be more happy about the new band and I think Slash not being part of it is for the better. For the record, I have supported this new band from the beginning.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 02:19:02 PM by EazyDuzIt » Logged

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2007, 03:35:09 PM »

Hahaha! That actually made me laugh. I'll keep this short, and then leave this lame thread alone.
First off, you have way too much time on your hands. Second, I couldn't be more happy about the new band and I think Slash not being part of it is for the better. For the record, I have supported this new band from the beginning.

its lame thread but you replied in it like 15 times in the last 4 pages...ok then whatever you say...the only reason its lame is cuz of the lame contributions you made to it. If you support the new gnr band then go support them in the GnR section instead of trolling in the VR section.

and FYI it doesnt take to long to compile quotes when they are basically posted one after the other Tongue

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »

I never understand why some people feel that to like the new GNR line up you have to hate scott and slash etc...am i the only person around here who likes both?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »

I never understand why some people feel that to like the new GNR line up you have to hate scott and slash etc...am i the only person around here who likes both?

No you're not peace, the problem with the people who feel you can only like one band is that they seem like they're omnipresent because they always feel the need to bash/flame a certain band.

but rest assured there are many people on this board who are more than capable of liking both bands...
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2007, 06:33:31 PM »

No you're not peace, the problem with the people who feel you can only like one band is that they seem like they're omnipresent because they always feel the need to bash/flame a certain band.

but rest assured there are many people on this board who are more than capable of liking both bands...

like me Smiley peace

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2007, 06:39:32 PM »

yes its cool to like GNR and VR, but you can't expect all GNR fans to be VR fans.   If you want a crowd that will be mostly sympathetic to Weiland, try a VR board.   Obviously on a GNR board not everyone is going to be a fan of him.

I think its really fucking sad that I have to defend Axl Rose to Scott Weiland on a Guns N' Roses board.  no

from some of the posts I've seen (most of them not at this board) in the last few days on this subject, I seriously wonder if some of these people actually like Scott more.  Undecided
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2007, 08:33:46 AM »

I like both bands too

yes its cool to like GNR and VR, but you can't expect all GNR fans to be VR fans.? ?If you want a crowd that will be mostly sympathetic to Weiland, try a VR board.? ?Obviously on a GNR board not everyone is going to be a fan of him.

I think its really fucking sad that I have to defend Axl Rose to Scott Weiland on a Guns N' Roses board.? no

from some of the posts I've seen (most of them not at this board) in the last few days on this subject, I seriously wonder if some of these people actually like Scott more.? Undecided

You know me as a member of GnR sites JB....i'm not saying you cant get a retaliation in but to repeatedly dig at it is pointless. IMO yeah ok we get it you arent happy at scotts comments...but what does his past drug history have to do with the comment he made about Axl? hes been clean for 2 years...and hes hardly talentless...his resume speaks volumes for itself....he has awards that even axl has never acheived...yet hes talentless..ok then whatever.

Persoanlly i could care less about the feud, its when people belittle him, that i have a problem peace

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »

I guess I am the only one that thought SCott sounded damn good at the HOF...........

No, I thought the whole thing was great..  Aside from Slash's intro..

J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2007, 12:20:43 AM »

Yeah, I mean sure, I might get pissy that we get no updates.

But Scott Weiland bashing Axl, well I won't accept that.

I mean buddy you sound like you are fucked on something, and you aren't funny at all.

Get some class and you know instead of looking like an asshole, fucking ignore the question or say "No comment"

Fuck All Y'all
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2007, 01:06:38 AM »

That link aint working for me its saying it cant be viewed in my area. Could someone please upload it for me?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2007, 05:30:46 AM »

And what's up with Matt laughing?? I thought they were friends again.

Because he's a DTJ. Always have, always will be. He was also making fun of GN'R in a video interview a few wekks ago.
No he wasn't, you shouldn't make pointless claims like that...

Sure he did. Do I need to go and look for the link ?

he was interviewed in a street, and being asked about GN'R. He was asked if he saw any GN'R show last year and went on with 'funny' comments. The journalist even had to shut him down.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: