Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:51:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weiland disses Axl at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony  (Read 58617 times)
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »

Axl has never dissed anyone-I forgot-it's ok to call James Hetfield a racist, dis your opening band on tour (Eagles of Death Metal), or say that Slash prevented your from making your album (1999-not sure what the holdup has been since then)-I'm just making a point-get off Scott's case for making a joke

Axl has been known to bitch about (diss as you put it) people while on stage.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:28:09 PM by redx » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2007, 03:33:30 PM »

Scott is a fucking pussy and a waste of space.    I dont even know why we are discussing his stupid ass on a GNR forum.  smoking 
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2007, 04:05:45 PM »

"Scott Weiland can su*k my di*k, stupid junkie loser."

I'm no fan of Scott, although I find remarks like the one above stupid. If Axl took drugs, you wouln't be calling him a 'junkie loser', you'd be thinking of good things to write, such as, how drugs helped Axl write certain songs, and without the drugs the song woudln't exist  hihi
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »

if you think axl hasn't done alot of drugs in his time then you are sorely mistaken....GnR was the definition of Sex Drugs and Rock'n'Roll back in the day, you never knew if youd wake up to hear that one of them was dead...in fact it did happen a couple times lol

SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2007, 04:51:29 PM »

Scott is a fucking pussy and a waste of space.? ? I dont even know why we are discussing his stupid ass on a GNR forum.? smoking?

Erm, you are aware that this is the VR section mate?  hihi

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2007, 06:47:11 PM »

maybe this should be moved to GnR where is cool to slam Weiland....

Maybe at your board it would, not here.

This isn't really a VR forum, or a GN'R and VR board. It's GN'R board with a VR section.

Get used to Weiland not getting all the  love he gets at other boards.

Asking the majprity of GN'R fans to worship Weiland is like expecting GN'R fans to say nice things about Kurt Cobain.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2007, 06:52:33 PM »

Scott is a fucking pussy and a waste of space.    I dont even know why we are discussing his stupid ass on a GNR forum.  smoking 

Erm, you are aware that this is the VR section mate?  hihi

I know it is, and really I don't visit this section all that much because I'm not much of a VR fan and I don't really care about them.   But I couldn't resist this thread.
creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2007, 08:41:53 PM »

^^ same here.  honestly, say what you will about stone temple pilots, but scott weiland made a retarded comment coming off a performance that was seriously craptacular.  every time i'm like, "sweet, i could go for some slash right now, i'll give vr a chance," weiland comes out and shouts/talks some gnr covers and unbelievably boring originals and gyrates around like a flamboyant monkey and ruins everything.  the hof performance was a perfect example (not that the rest of the band played that well either).  ultimately its just a little jab, and i don't have a big moral issue with his comment, i'm just making my own comment.  which is, he sucks.  balls.

any chance of an upload?

poor guy!  sorry man its streaming through their special video player i have no idea how one would go about ripping that shit.
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2007, 10:11:03 PM »

Scott "I wish I was Axl" Weiland.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2007, 10:40:47 PM »

Scott was obviously drunk in the video. i dont think its a big deal maybe Scott is still angry about the fraud comment.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2007, 11:10:46 PM »

Scott was obviously drunk in the video. i dont think its a big deal maybe Scott is still angry about the fraud comment.

Axl's not the one who called him a fruad.  he was simply repeating what was said.   Weilands attacks were all below the belt and childish.
GeraldFord
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2007, 11:14:07 PM »

For God's sake, Weiland didn't even say anything that bad...

It all up to Axl to prove him wrong....
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »

I love Scott as a front man but wish he wouldn't have said that.  He didn't need to. And what's up with Matt laughing?  I thought they were friends again.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2007, 01:24:17 AM »

Axl's not the one who called him a fruad. he was simply repeating what was said. Weilands attacks were all below the belt and childish.

In Scott's opinion it was Axl calling him a fraud, so he has a dislike for the guy.

I love Scott as a front man but wish he wouldn't have said that. He didn't need to. And what's up with Matt laughing? I thought they were friends again.

Because it's a laid back interview and they're joking around?!  The poster above is right, Scott didn't say anything that bad and Axl is the one that needs to prove him wrong.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2007, 01:32:03 AM »

Matt was more of a nervous laugh, not a I agree with u HAHAHAHA laugh but a "Why the fuck are u sayin that" nervous laugh.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GeraldFord
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2007, 02:39:11 AM »

Even if Weiland didn't technically replace Axl in a band, in some ways, he sort of did. A lot of people see Velvet Revolver as GN'R version 2.0. Even though Weiland is an established artist with an impressive resume and is responsible for some of rock's best singles for the last 15 years, he still has to live in Axl's shadow. In every interview, people are going to bring up GN'R and Axl Rose. Like any rock star, Weiland has a huge ego and is probably just a little tired of having to live it down and made a snide remark. Who gives a fuck.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2007, 06:24:45 AM »

but it really sucks to see people talk shit about someone they know nothing about

It's funny, that's what happens with Axl all the time.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2007, 06:38:16 AM »

Fine if you dont like Weiland for any of the reasons given - and yes, I agree he's wandered over the line on a few points recently. His comments on axl last year were overly spiteful.

But I'm taking his current achievements as my benchmark so to speak. I loved STP back in the day and I was SO excited to hear that Scott was gonna be singing with slash, duff, matt - though the combination was truely a super-group in terms of talent and sound.

I have seen VR twice live and was blown away - i personally rate them really high as a live band and I like nearly all of their own material.

Just dont think its fair to call scott a junkie when he isnt.  its weird as sometimes when you dislike a musician for personal reasons - it can cloud your opinion on the whole picture.  For example - I cant bear Billy Corgan for a number of reasons - but I really like the Pumpkins music and can enjoy their records. 
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2007, 06:48:25 AM »

And what's up with Matt laughing?? I thought they were friends again.

Because he's a DTJ. Always have, always will be. He was also making fun of GN'R in a video interview a few wekks ago.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2007, 07:21:14 AM »

what a great topic  hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: