Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:14:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain or Frank on next leg of tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain or Frank on next leg of tour  (Read 7927 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »

GNR is a band

No, at this point it has reached the status of being a franchise. Pieces and parts are interchangeable as long as Axl Rose is on vocals. I mean we have had 25% line-up turnover in just the last year alone. If someone else left tomorrow they would be summarily replaced and life would move on. Just how a sports franchise is, the faces may change but the name remains the same.

A "band" would be someone like Led Zeppelin, who had 4 indisposable parts that were not replaceable. When Bonham died they shut it down, because it wasn't Led Zeppelin without him. That is the true definition of a band.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's your definition of the word.

Using your logic, GN'R never was a band because they kept going even after Tracii Guns was replaced or when Steven was fired....

Maybe they should've just ended it right after Tracii was gone.  hihi

Must bet the first band in history that's not able to tell it's fans who their drummer is. GNR is a band, not the Lambert family from Step by Step.

Remember how we didn't know Bumblefoot was in the band until the first show back in May?

Until further notice, the GN'R family has two drummers. Why can't you just accept that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »

GNR is a band

No, at this point it has reached the status of being a franchise. Pieces and parts are interchangeable as long as Axl Rose is on vocals. I mean we have had 25% line-up turnover in just the last year alone. If someone else left tomorrow they would be summarily replaced and life would move on. Just how a sports franchise is, the faces may change but the name remains the same.

A "band" would be someone like Led Zeppelin, who had 4 indisposable parts that were not replaceable. When Bonham died they shut it down, because it wasn't Led Zeppelin without him. That is the true definition of a band.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's your definition of the word.

Using your logic, GN'R never was a band because they kept going even after Tracii Guns was replaced or when Steven was fired....

Maybe they should've just ended it right after Tracii was gone.? hihi

Must bet the first band in history that's not able to tell it's fans who their drummer is. GNR is a band, not the Lambert family from Step by Step.

Remember how we didn't know Bumblefoot was in the band until the first show back in May?

Until further notice, the GN'R family has two drummers. Why can't you just accept that?

/jarmo

I think the ONLY reason we currently have "two drummers" is because somebody doesn't want us knowing Brain is gone just yet .    yes

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 07:04:38 PM »

GNR is a band

Who defines what a band is? You?

Some examples:

* AC/DC made his best album, one of the best albums in rock and roll history, inmediatly after replacing the MAIN part of a band: the singer.
* Metallica made one of the best albums of the nineties and, in my opinion, the best of its discography, after replacing the bassist twice (Ron McGovney, Cliff Burton), and its still an active band with a fourth bassist.
* Black Sabbath changed its lineup about 302942035920395 times. Who doubts about its ''band status''?
* The Beatles (the biggest band of all times, all styles) started its career without Ringo Starr. Following your ''band'' definition, they should have terminated the band after it, not including Ringo and never have done albums like ''Let It Be'' or ''Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band''.

Guns N' Roses IS a band. Download one of the many versions of the Rock Am Ring DVD and tell me what do you see onstage. A fucking great band that sounds fucking killer.

Some people started complaing about the changes in the lineup inmediatly AFTER slash gone for good. Do you remember that GNR kept moving after Tracii? then after Adler and after Izzy, one of the two fundamental parts of the band in that moment

And GNR is still moving on.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
EstrangedReality
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 07:31:22 PM »

I like Frank better now purely because he added that kick-ass drums outro on IRS. He seems to genuinely enjoy being in GN'R whereas Brain has made some comments about being in the band that I thought were less than appreciative (e.g. referring to himself as a "hired gun" on one of the hidden pages of his website).
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 07:36:24 PM »

Frank will be the drummer

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
darkmonth
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »

Thanks for your expert opinion.

Was that directed at me?  I wasn't be an ass about it.  I just reckon the drummer left.  I'd be surprised if not, since a stand in drummer doesn't usually go in and record parts on an album...

Just my take.  Don't be such an asshole about it man.  I didn't give you any cause to be so blunt.

Anyways, what's your opinion?
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 09:33:59 PM »

Brain the best the only drummer for guns n' roses
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2007, 09:38:30 PM »

I'd bet on Frank. Both talented drummers though, and either one is good enough for me.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Zerocool2
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2007, 09:47:20 PM »

my vote is frank
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2007, 09:51:06 PM »

I think it will be Frank
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »

Thanks for your expert opinion.

Was that directed at me?? I wasn't be an ass about it.? I just reckon the drummer left.? I'd be surprised if not, since a stand in drummer doesn't usually go in and record parts on an album...

Just my take.? Don't be such an asshole about it man.? I didn't give you any cause to be so blunt.

Anyways, what's your opinion?

here here  ok! some around here, especially some in higher places ifyouseewhatimean, really should just relax a bit, stop power trippin and/or stop bein so defensive - of themselves and the band, especially axl, but i digress.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »

Hopefully neither.    no

Let's just say that my hopes lie w/ someone else.    yes

*bba*

Who Adler...  rofl
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 10:35:06 PM »

Hopefully neither.? ? no

Let's just say that my hopes lie w/ someone else.? ? yes

*bba*

Who Adler...? rofl

I've gotta say, without looking at bba's posts, but seeing him in different threads, everything points to adler...   rofl

he's a joke (adler, in his state of mind)  and is no longer capable of playing for any length of time w/o relapsing or let alone collapsing..I can see it now, as soon  as axl yells "do you know where the fuck you are?"  down goes adler, right off the stool and in steps frank, a former drummer of tool!!!     beer
Death Cube K
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2007, 03:34:44 AM »

Where do I start....

It causes confusion, controversy, unecessary debate over a thing that should be as clear as day and more fans
getting thrown off the wheel because they feel GNR is not clear enough as to who, what, where and when. It doesnt matter if they feel it's the right thing to do and also maybe the only way etc. It adds fuel to fire to do a thing like that and anounce that GNR got two drummers when we all know that won't really work out. If Frank Ferrer is replacing Brain for his leave of absence so to speak, then say it.

You may know better than most fans, we may know better than most fans, but for the casual GNR listener, having two drummers in a rock band looks un-natural, unclear, unessecary and most of all, confusing.

Im completely aware that Bumblefoot wasnt officially anounced as the guitar player before the shows in May. It was just one tiny difference. One guitar spot was open and we all knew that someone would fill that void. This is different. It's not healthy for the band to be this shallow in their descriptions of current band members.
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2007, 05:47:31 AM »

From www.eatmysilkworms.com, 10 questions with Brain:

10. Have you got any plans to jam with Axl and the boys anytime soon??

"We are gonna Rock out in '07"

I hope it's true...

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2007, 07:02:51 AM »

Who gives a shit?? Huh

what an insightful comment. Obviously people do.

Personally I would prefer brain to be drummming for GnR. frank seems a helluva good guy and gets on well the the gang - but the chemistry with brain was just on a different level.? His November rain drums at Download last year blew.me.away.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 07:14:33 AM by babydolls » Logged
serp
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2007, 07:39:26 AM »

why bitch so much about the drummer bit?
Frank was on drums in oslo, he did a fuckin great job.
to be honest i am kinda pleased i didn't get the old boring sorum shite(wich is a part i always skip on the old dvds),
sure Brain is a fucking great drummer....but seriously who gives a flying fuck if he's in or out?
there are no official releases to compare neither of them anyway.......
and until there actually is a record, well.....if axl wants 2 drummers fine by me..........
Death Cube K
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2007, 10:45:23 AM »

if axl wants 2 drummers fine by me..........

So what youre saying is that GNR to you can have two bass players in their family, a couple of extra guitar players as well? Or why not another keyboard player?

Until further notice of course!  hihi
serp
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2007, 10:52:14 AM »

Grin
if this is what axl wants or needs to finish CD then i have no problem with it, so far he has only worked with pure musical geniouses...although some(buckethead) might have been in only to gain fame and fortune for himself.....but that's ok too cause i like bucket.....
but in the end, until axl comes clean with a date, and the who's who of the band.....he could have friggin 7 guitar players 3 bass players, 14 keybordists, 5 drummers and who knows what not else in the band if that helps to finish the record......after all, we have no idea what the final product will be anyway.
only one things for sure, if axl will include all contributors we'll have a year long reading in the thank you notes and member section of the CD booklet  Roll Eyes
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2007, 11:27:37 AM »

Grin
if this is what axl wants or needs to finish CD then i have no problem with it, so far he has only worked with pure musical geniouses...although some(buckethead) might have been in only to gain fame and fortune for himself.....but that's ok too cause i like bucket.....
but in the end, until axl comes clean with a date, and the who's who of the band.....he could have friggin 7 guitar players 3 bass players, 14 keybordists, 5 drummers and who knows what not else in the band if that helps to finish the record......after all, we have no idea what the final product will be anyway.
only one things for sure, if axl will include all contributors we'll have a year long reading in the thank you notes and member section of the CD booklet? Roll Eyes

Just out of curiosity........

Have you been banned from here b4 and are currently using a new alias ?? ? Huh? ?

You seem a little familiar ?? ? ?Roll Eyes

*bba*?

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: