Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:28:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The Often Forgotten Song, Lets Talk About 'My World'
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Often Forgotten Song, Lets Talk About 'My World'  (Read 8546 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 12:16:43 AM »

At a mere running time of one minute and twenty-three seconds, it's easily my favorite part of the overrated, piece of shit known as Use Your Illusion II.

Roll Eyes
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 05:35:37 AM »

It is like this because the song HAD to be in a different direction. The song is bad because it HAD to presented as bad...

"...It don't really matter..."
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 06:31:05 AM »

At a mere running time of one minute and twenty-three seconds, it's easily my favorite part of the overrated, piece of shit known as Use Your Illusion II.

Thats gotta be a joke man, right? I mean, are you telling me that nothing else on that album is any good? Can you seriously tell me why you like Guns N' Roses if you dont like that album (even a little bit)?!

What about Breakdown, So Fine, Yesterdays, Locomotive, Estranged, You Could Be Mine?

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 10:35:12 AM »

Thats gotta be a joke man, right? I mean, are you telling me that nothing else on that album is any good? Can you seriously tell me why you like Guns N' Roses if you dont like that album (even a little bit)?!

What about Breakdown, So Fine, Yesterdays, Locomotive, Estranged, You Could Be Mine?

What about Civil War, Knockin' On Heaven's Doors, Pretty Tied Up, 14 Years???

The song I dislike most of this album is Shotgun Blues... I consider My World as an outro... they also used like an outro of the videos of the illusions n' at the end of the shows... btw I think Breakdown is one of the most brillant Gn'R composition, the most underrated Gn'R song... by far
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 10:58:30 AM »

What about Civil War, Knockin' On Heaven's Doors, Pretty Tied Up, 14 Years???

The song I dislike most of this album is Shotgun Blues... I consider My World as an outro... they also used like an outro of the videos of the illusions n' at the end of the shows... btw I think Breakdown is one of the most brillant Gn'R composition, the most underrated Gn'R song... by far

Use your Illusion II has some amazing songs on it, and some stinkers too. I think I'm just about the only person in the world that thinks Breakdown is a piece of shit....! Its terrible...

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »

All fine songs. I just cant believe somebody whose a Guns N' Roses fan would dislike these songs personally

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 12:23:17 PM »

You don't like shotgun blues?  I love that song!  I agree that Breakdown is very underrated.

So Fine never did much for me, though. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
alejoyp
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 04:49:36 PM »

You don't like shotgun blues?? I love that song!? I agree that Breakdown is very underrated.

So Fine never did much for me, though.?

I don't want to say that I "Don't like" just is the most I like minus  Smiley
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 02:43:25 PM »

Its just a really bad song..
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 08:57:26 PM »

My world never happened. It's something I repressed a long time ago. UYI2 has 13 songs on it, just like my ipod says.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2007, 10:09:49 PM »

I think it is  meant as a joke, and I personally love it. Just the idea, the lyrics, and as an insight into the  creative genius/madness that we know as Axl Rose. Listen to it LOUD.
Smokey
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 12:55:27 PM »

My world never happened. It's something I repressed a long time ago. UYI2 has 13 songs on it, just like my ipod says.

I absolutely agree with that...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2007, 10:05:59 PM »

The first time I heard this song, I started laughing hysterically.  I continue to laugh when I hear it, too.  I love this song, it's so maniacal  yes

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I think it's a great thing  ok A small little work of strange art  hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Misya Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 02:09:41 PM »

It's weird but I like it. It's an Axl's song, not a GNR's song.

GNR Milan, Gods Of Metal 4th June '06
VR Milan, Gods Of Metal 2nd June '07
Oral Rose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:15 AM »

i remember reading an interview n axl was saying that he was jus messin about in the studio wiv someone n they jus decided to try sumthing different. they were high on 'shrooms and thats the result. i personally think its a funny song, weak and pathetic compared to wot axl can produce but wotever man, if thats wot hes into.......
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:13 AM »

i had a dream last night about it.. but it was like 3 minutes long and it was totally kick ass.. like the last part was among the best ever from gnr.. don't remember anything about how it went or anything though Undecided
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: