Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should there be Moshpits at GNR concerts?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should there be Moshpits at GNR concerts?  (Read 8761 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 05:39:30 PM »

Yes, in pre-designated areas.

If no, then I'd be happy if security would let ya move a little bit.  About 5 rows back in Jersey, security was hassling some of us more energetic concert-goers.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 06:17:52 PM »

No. People have already been trampled to death at GnR concerts, and we don't need to make it worse.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 06:34:38 PM »

People being trampled to death is not a result of moshing alone. What you're saying is when people are squashed at the front it has nothing to do with the hundreds of people pushing further and further forward from behind?

Fact is, if people wanna mosh, then let them get on with it. Anyone who doesn't like it can stay just behind or getting seating elsewhere. Just because there are those of you who don't like moshing, doesn't mean others can't do it. Last time I looked there was a fair bit of space in the arenas GNR play  ok

@#$%Funker
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:37:38 PM by Mutherfunker » Logged
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 06:37:37 PM »

No!! Mosh pits are the gayest thing ever created, although I do like standing at the edge and punching those morons when they come near me.

Yes! yes ok
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »

Yes, in pre-designated areas.

If no, then I'd be happy if security would let ya move a little bit.? About 5 rows back in Jersey, security was hassling some of us more energetic concert-goers.? ?peace

You've gotta remember... Those guys are hired to stop people from getting seriously hurt, to avoid lawsuits and such...

But most of them are unecessary power hungry dicks
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2007, 06:38:42 PM »

"No!! Mosh pits are the gayest thing ever created, although I do like standing at the edge and punching those morons when they come near me."

Right.... And doing that isn't gay? Jeez

@#$%Funker
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »

If people want to mosh, let them. If you don't want to mosh, don't.
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2007, 01:50:51 AM »

fuck no, i was in the front row at the warfield and there was non stop moshing... a bunch of drunk lardass retards messing the show up for everyone else.  i think people should just start stabbing moshers... thats one way to eliminate that shit.

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007, 02:04:47 AM »

i think people should just start stabbing moshers... thats one way to eliminate that shit.

That was a real fucking intelligent and positive thing to say now then, wasn't it?   no     confused

Perhaps I should just stab you right in your fucking eyeball and see how you like that shit, hey fuckhead!!!    rant   
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 03:37:11 AM »

Fact is, if people wanna mosh, then let them get on with it. Anyone who doesn't like it can stay just behind or getting seating elsewhere. Just because there are those of you who don't like moshing, doesn't mean others can't do it.
i don't like people moshing at shows.
i don't like it when i have to watch my back the whole time of the show so a fucking idiot won't run into me full speed.
i don't want to move from my place just because some dudes decided they wanna start a mosh pit right next to me.
i am there to watch the band not worry i might get hurt because some idiots decided to push each other around.

i like to headbang and jump and sing at concerts but i'm not jumping on other people's backs.
and there's always a few 200 pounds idiots that run into small girls with full force and then they just walk away with a smile. i'm sick of those retarded fucks. so don't get pissed if you get into a mosh pit and you'll get a kick in the back.

nobody says you shouldn't enjoy the music but that's not enjoying it.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2007, 06:14:59 AM »

i don't want to move from my place just because some dudes decided they wanna start a mosh pit right next to me.

Like I said before, if you're going to a metal concert, it is to be expected. You should just know better. GNR is of course a bit of a grey area...

i like to headbang and jump and sing at concerts but i'm not jumping on other people's backs.
i'm sick of those retarded fucks.

I agree that there are sometimes idiots at moshpits. But that doesn't mean everyone who attends is an idiot.

The people at the pit should try to avoid the people at the edges, though at drunken festivals etc. that often isn't the case.

so don't get pissed if you get into a mosh pit and you'll get a kick in the back.

We're all tough guys over the internet, aren't we?

Who the fuck are you to say? If one is in the mood, a pit works really well e.g. at a thrash metal gig. And even the artists themselves encourage the pits. Are they in fact telling their fans not to enjoy the music?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:17:07 AM by Skeletor » Logged

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2007, 06:37:45 AM »

Like I said before, if you're going to a metal concert, it is to be expected. You should just know better. GNR is of course a bit of a grey area...
gnr is not metal in it's full meaning. sure there's some songs going towards that genre but not all of them.

i'm sick of those retarded fucks.

I agree that there are sometimes idiots at moshpits. But that doesn't mean everyone who attends is an idiot.

The people at the pit should try to avoid the people at the edges, though at drunken festivals etc. that often isn't the case.
i agree that not everybody in there is an idiot. if i came out like that sorry. but, at most of the shows i've been to there were only drunk fucks that were there just to start trouble or guys trying to be cool and neither of them had anything to do with the band/music that was playing

so don't get pissed if you get into a mosh pit and you'll get a kick in the back.

We're all tough guys over the internet, aren't we?
i'm not tough over the internet. and for the most part i leave the people in the mosh pit alone but when i really want to see the band playing and they're constantly jumping on me and my friends i let it slide once or twice. but if they can't understand nicely when you tell them maybe next time i would like to react to something i don't like? or i should just shut up and move away.

Who the fuck are you to say? If one is in the mood, a pit works really well e.g. at a thrash metal gig. And even the artists themselves encourage the pits. Are they in fact telling their fans not to enjoy the music?
gnr is not trash metal. and i don't think most of the members of this board have attended trash shows??? and i'm talking about the mosh pits happening at the mainstream shows where people go to look good in front of their friends because everybody is going and it's cool to be there. when you go to a trash show you go for the music, at least that's what i observed. and the people seem more polite at those shows, and the mosh pits seem a little more organized (as much as you can say that about a mosh pit hihi).

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2007, 07:37:24 AM »

^True, true... I started talking about moshpits in general, since to me it looked like everyone else was doing it too. As for moshpits specifically at GNR concerts, yeah I can understand some of the angry comments (though not the stabbing one Tongue).

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2007, 07:59:30 AM »

^True, true... I started talking about moshpits in general, since to me it looked like everyone else was doing it too. As for moshpits specifically at GNR concerts, yeah I can understand some of the angry comments (though not the stabbing one Tongue).
i don't agree with the stabbing one either. i think it was meant as a joke, a far fetched one but a joke still. i hope  confused

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »

i don't agree with the stabbing one either. i think it was meant as a joke, a far fetched one but a joke still. i hope  confused

Either way, whether it was intended as a joke or not, it's not a very nice joke and it's not a very intelligent joke.   rant

Some idiots in this world will actually take a joke like this in the literal sense and go out and actually start stabbing people at concerts.    Angry

That will fuck shit up for the rest of all of us the next time we go to a fucking concert.   rant

What's the matter with your head man?    confused

What? Security at concerts isn't lame and tight enough for you after what happened to Dimebag???    Huh

Shit like this will only serve to make things worse for the common human, who just wants to go and see their favourite band in a live setting.    Cry

Smarten the fuck up and think about what you post before you post it please.   rant

Don't be giving anybody any stupid fucking ideas like that again.       no
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2007, 12:32:26 PM »

No, Moshpits are alright at heavy metal shows, but GNR aren't heavy metal-they're rock.I agree at the end of paradise city,you could mosh to that,but i think jumping and headbanging is much better(and more fun),people don't get hurt that way. beer
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2007, 03:50:50 PM »

but i think jumping and headbanging is much better(and more fun),people don't get hurt that way. beer

Agree.

Honestly and I?m not saying this to make som people pissed off but wtf is the point in jumping in to other people? When I see those guys at concerts I laugh at them and think that they must be some kind of strange people and if they jump in to me I would get crazy. Whats the point of those things?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2007, 03:54:42 PM »

I dont really see Guns N' Roses music as music to mosh to. no

Headbanging yeah, but moshing no.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »

Moshing is stoopid, especially at a GnR concert.

I even thought it was dumb back in the day......didn't look like fun to me. I'd rather enjoy the music.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2007, 04:01:35 PM »

never so a reason to  mosh at a show. But If that is how some kats haves  good time at one ,and as long as know body gets hurt then . then Let them at it.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: