Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:40:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should there be Moshpits at GNR concerts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should there be Moshpits at GNR concerts?  (Read 8813 times)
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 10:22:45 AM »

thats why i got on the barrier for the Birmingham show, i could just enjoy the band; and get some photos

You were on the front barrier for a GNR show?!

That's risky man, you may end up dead.

I've been on the front barrier before at festivals and when the crowd surge forward it's pretty scary and suffocating.

I avoid it now. I like to stand well back where I can get a good view without getting some fat dude land on my head (thats happened to me a few times).
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 10:33:15 AM »

That totally depends on the type of band that's performing. If you're going to see Sigur R?s and people start a moshpit, then yeah, I'd say they fit your description. But if someone at a Fear Factory gig starts whining about the moshpit, he/she's just an idiot. The moshpits (at least over here, I haven't been to many gigs outside Finland) always form in the same place, maybe 10 meters from the center front of the stage, and if you're going to a gig where moshing is expected, you should perhaps try to avoid that area.

As for GNR, no, I don't think moshing fits the music.

Well, I was in the first/second row throughout the July 5th show in Helsinki, basically center front. There was a lot of moshing all around me during the rockers. All I can say is, while I personally had lots of fun, I also noticed several other people nearby (particularly the ladies) were quite uncomfortable with the arms and elbows swinging back and forth.

I do agree with you on the fact that I've hardly ever seen the moshing reach the the fence here in Finland at that level. Guess GNR hyped folks up a bit.  smoking

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
DirtySanchez
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 10:33:52 AM »

i would think pits should be ok BUT people really need to use their best judgement about when and where they're ok. gnr definatly has some songs that get me charged up to wanna mosh (jungle, end of paradice city, etc) and there's obviously some songs during the show where they crowd should just chill out a bit, but if you're in the front row of a rock concert don't get too mad or suprised if people around you get a little crazy.
more importantly i think many people dont know what a mosh pit is about and there are a lot of drunk macho types that think you're supposed to go in there to get violent and run into each other head on, etc. the pit is just a way to let out the energy that the music gives you, a "real" pit at an old school punk type show basically is just a bunch of people skipping or running in a circle. sure there's gonna be some bumping and pushing but nobody should be out to hurt someone else, it's supposed to be fun.
finally i will say that pits are nowhere near as bad as crowd surfers. if a pit opens up it's not too hard to move away from it and you only really have to be a part of it if you choose so. crowd surfers, for some reason, think it's okay to kick and land on peoples heads and pretty much force people to participate. it's really not fun for the people trying to look at the stage and getting someone dropped on their head from behind.
it's a hard call really. half the people probably need to be a little more considerate and respectful of the people around them and half the people need to loosen up a bit and realize if you wanna get near the stage the crowd is gonna push and bump into you.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 10:34:50 AM »

i seriously hate moshpits at gnr shows. i mean it`s cool during jungle and paradise city, but it`s annoying during the rest of the show, at least if you want to actually watch the show and hear the music. at one gig i went to, there were 4 idiots moshing all the time, while people around them tried to enjoy the show. i was one of those people and had to leave that area....

i just want to stand there, singing along and having fun, not having some idiots hitting me in the back rant

but as i said... during some songs it`s essential, like junge and paradise city. i wouldn`t call it moshing.... let?s say rocking..

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 10:39:17 AM »

Moshpits suck.

A bunch of clowns who don't give a fuck about the other people enjoying the show, they run and jump into people until someone gets carried away, a fight breaks out, and then someone gets kicked out of the show.   Then they start again.

Have a good time at the show, jump around, bang your head on the ground or whatever.  Just have some respect for your superiors (the humans that made it into the crowd) and don't piss everyone off.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 10:42:06 AM »

Moshpits suck.

Just have some respect for your superiors (the humans that made it into the crowd)

rofl
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 11:06:21 AM »

A bunch of clowns who don't give a fuck about the other people enjoying the show, they run and jump into people until someone gets carried away, a fight breaks out, and then someone gets kicked out of the show.

I'm under the impression that it's more common in the US for that to happen. I've been to and seen plenty of moshpits, and not once has a fight erupted. I think the behavior in US pits might just be more brutal, for some reason.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 01:49:24 PM »

I hate mosh pits.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 01:54:08 PM »

I remember at Hammersmith Apollo in June, some people started moshing when they played Metallica over the P.A. before GN'R went on.....

That's when I decided to move away from those people and enjoy the show....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 02:02:37 PM »

depends on the crowd really...i'd say yeah just to be current with the rock concert scene

I thought it was odd in 02 when they didnt have one Undecided

badobessionwithaxl
Headliner

Live and let die.

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 02:17:17 PM »

Definitely not.

Can't stop thinkin bout doin it one more time..
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 02:19:47 PM »

I think moshpit is fun sometimes.. but at a gnr show.. well.. like some people already said during more aggressive songs like lald I like to have so much fun I can and I do mosh  Grin but I don't think that a really big pit is part of a gnr show.. however if that happens it doesn't bother me at all  beer as long as you don't be a fool and try to hurt someone! I hate that kind of assholes..  rant love

EDIT: and i much prefer people going crazy than just standing around like it's a fckn funeral or something  Angry
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:22:00 PM by kualema » Logged

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 02:44:48 PM »

Yeah, mosh it up and when they go into The Blues or NR, everyone can wrap arms around each other and just kind of ....sway back and forth no
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 02:57:14 PM »

not so very long ago, i liked moshing too. but now i'm over it, it started to get too extreme and people got hurt. i'm only interested in a good music show right now and i don't have to be front row anymore. i want to enjoy the show my way. so, no more moshing please. better learn to dance to gn'r music.
i'm getting soft  Tongue
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »

If people wanna mosh, thats fine by me. It's not really my cup of tea and as long as I don't get beaten up or get a broken nose or whatever, then people can mosh all they like.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 05:01:33 PM »

No!! Frankly I don't have a problem with them at certain shows. I get why people get into it. GNr is isn't the right band for that shit!
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »

Well, it doesn't get TOO crazy at GN'R gigs, it's not like people are out to hurt each other.

Like WARose said, it's not moshing, it's more like rocking out.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »

define "moshpit"

if your talking circle pits where idiots just kick the shit out of each other then no.

if you're talking people jumping about in a manner which isn't going to knock someone out then go for it.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 05:15:21 PM »

That totally depends on the type of band that's performing. If you're going to see Sigur R?s and people start a moshpit, then yeah, I'd say they fit your description. But if someone at a Fear Factory gig starts whining about the moshpit, he/she's just an idiot. The moshpits (at least over here, I haven't been to many gigs outside Finland) always form in the same place, maybe 10 meters from the center front of the stage, and if you're going to a gig where moshing is expected, you should perhaps try to avoid that area.

As for GNR, no, I don't think moshing fits the music.

Well, I was in the first/second row throughout the July 5th show in Helsinki, basically center front. There was a lot of moshing all around me during the rockers. All I can say is, while I personally had lots of fun, I also noticed several other people nearby (particularly the ladies) were quite uncomfortable with the arms and elbows swinging back and forth.

I do agree with you on the fact that I've hardly ever seen the moshing reach the the fence here in Finland at that level. Guess GNR hyped folks up a bit.  smoking
Heh yeah I was on the front row (2nd person on field) and it was fuckin' crazy but I at the same time it was like ecstasy!  Cheesy

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 05:36:29 PM »

I have been to alot of great rock n metal concerts, and the thing IS. On concerts like Guns N Roses, there is a constant pressure in the crowd. And you have to be carefull be on your feet all the time.. In alot of Metal acts, there is moshpits, and you can decide if you want to be in it or not. Outside the Mosh and longer behind it, there is not that much pressure as in a GnR concert or some other big bands..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: