Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 02:14:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should there be Moshpits at GNR concerts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should there be Moshpits at GNR concerts?  (Read 8760 times)
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 12, 2007, 05:32:36 AM »

I as a fan was just thinking, to me GNR has alot more drive,intensity,and more enrgy and heart in the lyrics and guitars than alot of Mettalica or Hatebreed songs. Some GNR songs just get me pumped and I feel like moving and bouncing around. I noticed at The Palace of Auburn Hills Michigan on Nov. 25th 2006 The finale of Paradise City had a moshpit on the main floor. But there was a few other songs just as driving if not more and people just stood there, personally I was running bouncing and moving to a few,so my Question is if Nirvana and Mettallica have moshpits why not GNR? I think Axls lyrics touch some nerves and GNR rock alot harder than Nirvana. I noticed back in 1988-At the Ritz and Donnington fans felt the energy naturally and everyone was surfing and bouncing and some moshpits. I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to let everyone express thier love and energy for a kick ass band by bouncing around a little more?
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:42:40 AM »

NO
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 05:47:15 AM »

No. It hurts.  Angry

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 05:58:57 AM »

Moshpits are lame.
DCReed
Headliner

lorem ipsum

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 06:00:35 AM »

No!!!
Moshpits are fine for small punk-shows.
At a GN'R-show i?d like to enjoy the show.

Rapidshare SUCKS!!!!
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:19:33 AM »

If by moshpit you mean people having a good ol' jump around, then of course!
But if you mean when a big circle opens up and people running at each other then maybe.
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 06:27:59 AM »

GNR is the kind of gig where i wanna stand there and take in the music, maybe jump around a bit and sing n stuff.  Its not the kinda gig i wanna go nuts at

i dont mind people pitting at the show, but i wont be doing it

thats why i got on the barrier for the Birmingham show, i could just enjoy the band; and get some photos

GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 06:48:55 AM »

Myself I love to ''SING''along and soak it in and dance but also mix it up like at the end of Paradise City just seems to be the perfect feel for everyone to go nuts and moshpit a little Axl gets pretty wild and has in the past jumped in the crowd and got crazy and had fun on that song Ritz-1988 plus more. I love to sing and soak in the emotion of Sweet Child, Blues Maddy and etc' but Jungle,It's so easy and etc has that bouncing or moshpit feel and I don't see no problem with everyone paying attention to'' Axl my favorite'' and the band because Axl is more entertaining than being in a moshpit just listening to his incredible range and voices and energy but  a few songs a night are cool for a pit or two and Axl is the kind of singer if the energy is right he will jump down and join. Maybe then if one of us is lucky he may allow a fan to sing a sentence or two. I* was just saying GNR has that kind of feel and energy to me I love to enjoy the spectacular and phenomenon of most the show but a little rowdyness isnt bad. Alot safer to mosh than a classic scary GNR riot. Now that is intense from what I heard. That woulnt be fun because I like hearing GNR play for 2-3 hours full they have so much good Live music to offer.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 06:51:56 AM »

There was a pretty big surge and mosh pit at Wembley last summer, which was pretty cool - my view is as its a rock concert jumping around and having fun is all part and parcel of the event...  and I think the band would be concerned if they look out and see rows of faces just standing there staring back at them, not getting involved at all...  (in fact just like the Japanese crowd in the Tokyo 91 videos...)
anythinggoes
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 07:30:22 AM »

With a mosh pit i presume you mean the circle with people running at each other and bouncin off each other, i personaly dont see the fun in it, all it does is piss off people tryin to watch and enjoy the show, i aint go a problem with jumping dancing singing or crowd surfing but moshers just seem to be obnoxious people who dont give a fuck for the welfare of others around them     
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 07:50:11 AM »

I don't think so.  At a GNR concert floor seats are the most expensive, there fore by paying a high price for a ticket, I'd want to enjoy the show with out having people running at me or hitting me, which happens anyway in a crowded standing area accidently.  I was at the Hammerstein show on May 15th, and alot of people in the crowd were getting thrown out of the place.  I'm like way would you spend 80 bucks and be thrown out during BFMV ?

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 07:56:16 AM »

moshers just seem to be obnoxious people who dont give a fuck for the welfare of others around them? ? ?

That totally depends on the type of band that's performing. If you're going to see Sigur R?s and people start a moshpit, then yeah, I'd say they fit your description. But if someone at a Fear Factory gig starts whining about the moshpit, he/she's just an idiot. The moshpits (at least over here, I haven't been to many gigs outside Finland) always form in the same place, maybe 10 meters from the center front of the stage, and if you're going to a gig where moshing is expected, you should perhaps try to avoid that area.

As for GNR, no, I don't think moshing fits the music.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:57:53 AM by Skeletor » Logged

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 08:01:20 AM »

If your not watching the band, take it to the back.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 08:01:23 AM »

No!!! First of all I am too old for moshpits and second  I actually want to see, hear and enjoy the band without worrying that some moron might run me over! Anyone who has ever been caught in a moshpit knows how hard it is to leave it! I also have the impression that moshpits got way harder over the years: Like 10 years ago everyone would help a person who fell on the ground, these days I see fat fucks jumping on tiny girls laying on the ground....I have been in a giant moshpit a couple of years ago during a rage against the machine show and I thought I would die, because there was no way out and it went on for all the show! And these days it is even more agressive.

Moshpits are for concerts that do not really request a lot of attention, like punk rock and all this new hardcore shit. GnR music has become quite complex (with 3 guitars and 2 synths..), so if you want to actually listen to the concert you can`t be in a moshpit.

Jumping up and down, dancing and singing along is fine, crowdsurfing also (when it is limited) since it is a rock concert, but a moshpit is really unfair for everyone who gets caught in there and who actually just wants to enjoy the show! People can loose their agressions somewhere else!
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 08:24:52 AM »

No!! Mosh pits are the gayest thing ever created, although I do like standing at the edge and punching those morons when they come near me.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 09:02:47 AM »

The minute there are no moshpits at a GNR show (of which there are plenty at the moment), it will be time for GNR to pack up and go home.

If you are older, or want to just watch the show, you get seating further back.

GNR has some of the most danceable/mosheable songs on hard rock - to have no moshing at a GNR gig would be a huge travesty.

@#$%Funker
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 09:09:14 AM »

No, I think moshing is dumb.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »

I don't know about moshpits but at least I went totally nuts when the opening riffs of WTTJ kicked in. That ecstasy lasted until the end of PC and that's it. Then again I was in the front row in GA..

And I think you should enjoy the music but also bounce, jump or do whatever you want.. just fuckin' enjoy it.

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 10:06:50 AM »

moshing is fine as long as the get run in to the innocent.

hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »

No, moshpits are for the mentally challenged and don't belong at a gnr show. People who mosh generally have no idea what the hell the band is playing or even who is playing, they are just there to kick the shit out of each other. They may as well put on a cd in a parking lot and go at it, it would save them a lot of money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: