Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  When do you expect the album to leak?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When do you expect the album to leak?  (Read 2594 times)
EstrangedReality
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:57:39 PM »

I'm assuming Contraband leaked early.

If not, that was a few years ago, and it's gotten worse now. Major bands like the Chili Peppers and Fall Out Boy have had leaked albums. Almost every single album - even by indie groups - leaks early nowadays. Usually about a month before.

Dinosaur Jr.'s album leaked last month and it's not out for another 2 - 3 months, so I'm thinking VR's might leak within the next two months.

I won't lie - if it leaks I'll probably download it. I'll still buy it when it comes out, but I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 12:14:50 AM »

The VR camp did a good job of preventing a leak last time; I can hardly recall one, and if there was I doubt it was more than a week-and-half.  The live tracks were what most on here were listening to.  Then there was the MTV/VH1 stream about a week or two before release.

The new album will probably be leaked 2-3 weeks in advance.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »

hopefully before they play Boston so I know all the songs..

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 03:11:59 PM »

I won't lie - if it leaks I'll probably download it. I'll still buy it when it comes out, but I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation.

exactly what he said, word for word
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »

soon hopefully, id like to hear it for free before i buy it and it turn out something i dislike.

html sucks
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 04:15:31 PM »

soon hopefully, id like to hear it for free before i buy it and it turn out something i dislike.

yeah, I bought contraband  Undecided

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 02:15:15 AM »

The VR camp did a good job of preventing a leak last time; I can hardly recall one, and if there was I doubt it was more than a week-and-half. The live tracks were what most on here were listening to. Then there was the MTV/VH1 stream about a week or two before release.

The new album will probably be leaked 2-3 weeks in advance.

There was a leak quite awhile before the release for Contraband... I remember a radio station in South America played 8-9 songs from the album and we were all able to download the songs that someone recorded off the radio.  It was a fair bit before the CD I think... a month?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 10:26:09 PM »

Oasis and U2's last albums leaked at least 3 months before release. Oasis' was slated for late summer release with the single in June. I downloaded the entire album in June...there was no anticipation for that record because everyone had it, and so the buzz was over before the record came out. U2's leak was simular.

Trent Rezner was ticked that "with teeth" leaked early but i cant remember how long before the release date it was out.

VR's record company did a good job preventing leaks the last time I think the MTV-VH1stream was actually the weeend before it came out in stores. People only knew of Slither before that. I?tried hard to find VR leaks but couldnt find any. A station in Chile played Contraband a week or two before release but people on forums who had the tape guarded it closely.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:30:03 PM by jabba2 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: