Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:10:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Better - the facts (Read now to avoid confusion)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better - the facts (Read now to avoid confusion)  (Read 16001 times)
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 10:05:41 PM »

Here are the facts about the Better track you might have heard on the radio:

• It is a work in progress demo. It's not a finished version.
  • It is not an official release and was not meant to be heard.
  • It was not put out by the band to get feedback on the song.

If somebody says otherwise, it's simply not true.

/jarmo

That pretty much sums up the leaks from last year!? I wish everybody would understand that.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 10:07:22 PM »

Thanks Jarmo. I'm glad you cleared this up. This is not an official version, and for that I am thankful. Because it sounds like shit.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2007, 12:10:48 AM »

Here are the facts about the Better track you might have heard on the radio:

• It is a work in progress demo. It's not a finished version.
  • It is not an official release and was not meant to be heard.
  • It was not put out by the band to get feedback on the song.

If somebody says otherwise, it's simply not true.

/jarmo

Is this your opinion or does it come from GNR management? It would  be nice  to know.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2007, 12:26:34 AM »

Those are correct facts about the track.

From a reliable source.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 01:12:57 AM »

From a reliable source.

/jarmo

So is the source ( or label) gonna take steps to stop the leak and issue cease & desist letters  ? Because as of right now the things getting mainstream attention as more and more stations play it.
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 04:02:09 AM »

Thanks jarmo appreciated!  ok
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 09:10:23 AM »

From a reliable source.

/jarmo
No one is questioning, that this is not what you have been told.  However, there are several reasons why that is incorrect spin.

These are major stations playing the song, they got it from a CD, the programming directors carefully pick each song on the playlist, DJs now a days get no freedom to play what they want.  All program directors are afraid of getting sued, and would only play authorized songs.  I used to work in radio, and still have many contacts at WAAF in Boston.  A rogue DJ could get away with playing "Better" once or twice, but if it was truely wrong to do so, he would get slapped with a cease and desist order so fast.  The IRS leak on Trunk's show was not supposed to happen, and look how fast management worked to hide that, if they really wanted the new version to dissapear, it would happen.  Again, I understand your job, and apreciate the special information and presales that you provide, but these are the facts.

slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 09:56:42 AM »

Thanks Jarmo. ok

Thats why most GNR fans visit this site, to find out whats really happening.

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 01:05:32 PM »

These are major stations playing the song, they got it from a CD, the programming directors carefully pick each song on the playlist, DJs now a days get no freedom to play what they want. 

So you'd rather believe what a few DJs playing the track are saying rather than the actual facts?

Just like I've said in the past. Some people won't believe anything from the band's side.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 02:50:49 PM »

Glad I still haven't heard this leak. The honeymoon period for these demo's has worn off for me. Looking forward to the real shit soon! Smiley

a.
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2007, 03:13:05 PM »

These are major stations playing the song, they got it from a CD, the programming directors carefully pick each song on the playlist, DJs now a days get no freedom to play what they want. 

So you'd rather believe what a few DJs playing the track are saying rather than the actual facts?

Just like I've said in the past. Some people won't believe anything from the band's side.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

You missed my point.  The DJs don't choose what they play it is the station program and music directors that pick the songs.  And it is not just a few rogue DJs but directors across the county, enough directors to make a dent in the billboard charts.

I am sure that someone close to the band told you your information, but that doesn't mean that they are telling you the truth 100%.  Just as GNR was able to wipe the songs off the radio the first time the leaks popped out, they could do it again if they wanted to, but they are in fact choosing not to, and letting it play out.

If I could produce a picture of the album that the stations received, would you believe me then?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 04:00:58 PM »

There is no finished album.

The unfinished song leaked.

Why is that hard to understand?

/jarmo

Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 04:41:15 PM »

Jesus!  I think I need a break from the board.  It just seems like alot of people are going to great lengths just to argue with Jarmo.  Come on people, its his fuckin board!  If he tells us something, we should take it as fact, and if he quotes his "source" then we should all just shut up and agree.  Hell he's been running this board for ten years, has he every knowingly lied to ANY of us before?  Some people just need to grow up and put this whole GnR album in perspective.  rant

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »

Radio stations are starting to receive cease and desist letters.

I can't say which ones out of confidentiality and my job - but I confirmed with Jarmo that they are starting to arrive.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:23:54 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2007, 05:46:23 PM »

When this "version" leaked last month, it was thought that this was the actual single...that leaked.  Non-GNR message boards and non-GNR websites announced shortly after that "the first single leaked, etc. etc.".  Then a few days later, GNR's official site announced that the "recording for the album has been completed....as the band is currently mixing".  So we know this is NOT the official single since it isn't finished yet.  But a lot of radio stations DON'T know that and they started playing it anyways.  The problem is that there are so many stations playing the song that it hasn't reached the attention of GNR's legal people....yet.  It's impossible to police the whole Country of radio stations at once which is why some stations haven't gotten their CAD order yet. 
PeruvianGorillaGen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2007, 05:50:42 PM »

How on earth can these be "raw demos" when Axl has been touching them up for over 12 years? More like they're putting out feelers to find out if the songs are gonna catch fire or be received like a big steaming "Oh My God."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »

More like they're putting out feelers to find out if the songs are gonna catch fire or be received like a big steaming "Oh My God."

Another one who can't read.

/jarmo

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »

Radio stations are starting to receive cease and desist letters.

I can't say which ones out of confidentiality and my job - but I confirmed with Jarmo that they are starting to arrive.

I'll quote myself for those that didn't read it the first time around.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 06:22:26 PM by BurningHills » Logged

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2007, 06:27:36 PM »

There is no finished album.

The unfinished song leaked.

Why is that hard to understand?

/jarmo

Didn't Del James say it was finished? Or did you mean no completely mixed and mastered album?

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »

Didn't Del James say it was finished? Or did you mean no completely mixed and mastered album?

"The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed."

/Del James
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: