Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:51:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Better - the facts (Read now to avoid confusion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Better - the facts (Read now to avoid confusion)  (Read 15918 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: March 09, 2007, 08:05:12 PM »

Here are the facts about the Better track you might have heard on the radio:

• It is a work in progress demo. It's not a finished version.
  • It is not an official release and was not meant to be heard.
  • It was not put out by the band to get feedback on the song.

If somebody says otherwise, it's simply not true.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 08:27:31 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:09:03 PM »

Thank you!!! People are more apt to stop with the goofy theories if this comes from you!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:10:30 PM »

I don't think theyll put out a single until the mixing/mastering is 100% completed, and the record company gives the album a thumbs up to be released. As soon as that happens, a single will probably be announced along with a release date.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 08:14:37 PM »

Just like the leaks from last year. Roll Eyes
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 08:16:15 PM »

Thanks for this, jarmo.

It shouldn't need something like this to see the facts. But anyways, always good to have someone to clarify.

Edward Rose
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 08:17:30 PM »

Yeah, sorry if you think we can all wake up one day (2/21) and dozens of National DJ's all conspired at once on the same day to break the law.... and no CAD orders were sent out... and the song is still being played on dozens of stations. But it's your bb and you're the boss.   ok

I only presented a theory, but this obviously disturbs some posters who think Axl will hold their hand through every part of the album release process.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 08:20:09 PM by Edward Rose » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »

Honestly... In my 20 year history as an avid Guns N' Roses fan, I don't think I've ever been as "on the fence" about a situation/debate as this.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 08:19:59 PM »

Yeah, sorry if you think we can all wake up one day (2/21) and dozens of National DJ's all conspired at once on the same day to break the law.... and no CAD orders were sent out... and the song is still being played on dozens of stations. But it's your bb and you're the boss.? ?ok

I like your passion. ?You're starting to remind me of the Dave guy who just wouldn't stop about the fire marshall security guard Portland cancelation theories.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
EFISH
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 08:21:04 PM »

Honestly... In my 20 year history as an avid Guns N' Roses fan, I don't think I've ever been as "on the fence" about a situation/debate as this.
Then we need someone to call that station and tell them to play it, and then someone will record the stream. I can record it if I know when it will be played.
Edward Rose
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 08:21:38 PM »

Yeah, sorry if you think we can all wake up one day (2/21) and dozens of National DJ's all conspired at once on the same day to break the law.... and no CAD orders were sent out... and the song is still being played on dozens of stations. But it's your bb and you're the boss.   ok

I like your passion.  You're starting to remind me of the Dave guy who just wouldn't stop about the fire marshall security guard Portland cancelation theories.

I don't know who he was, but if he thought The City of Portland was intent on deliberately causing civil unrest, I would agree. hihi
Edward Rose
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 08:23:22 PM »

Then we need someone to call that station and tell them to play it, and then someone will record the stream. I can record it if I know when it will be played.

A stream recording would only cause bitching. It needs to be a recording from a "Stereo" FM radio with great reception.
EFISH
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 08:24:45 PM »

A stream recording would only cause bitching. It needs to be a recording from a "Stereo" FM radio with great reception.
Well then an email to the DJ asking for an MP3 is the way to go. I think that if your theory is right, we will have a good mp3 of it within days at the most.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »

I only presented a theory, but this obviously disturbs some posters who think Axl will hold their hand through every part of the album release process.

They all went online and got the leak. Did you ever think about that?

You are spreading lies.

Either you stop, or I'll make you stop. Simple as that.

There's no conspiracy here.

For those of you thinking about requesting the illegal leak, you're going against what the band wants.

This was not meant to be heard because it's not a finished version of the song. It's a work in progress demo. Simple as that,

Well then an email to the DJ asking for an MP3 is the way to go. I think that if your theory is right, we will have a good mp3 of it within days at the most.

His theory is wrong!

Why would his theory be right when you have the facts posted at the top of the page?

For fuck's sake.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 08:28:49 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Edward Rose
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 08:30:47 PM »

They all went online and got the leak. Did you ever think about that?

You are spreading lies.

Either you stop, or I'll make you stop. Simple as that.

There's no conspiracy here.

For those of you thinking about requesting the illegal leak, you're going against what the band wants.

This was not meant to be heard because it's not a finished version of the song. It's a work in progress demo. Simple as that,

His theory is wrong!

Why would his theory be right when you have the facts posted at the top of the page?

For fuck's sake.

/jarmo

It's not a lie, it's a theory. And a fact at the top of the page would look better if we were all hearing that Cease and Desists were being sent out. As far as I know, that's not happening. I'm simply trying to express the oppinion of many posters on many bb's that something isn't right. If your info came from the band, than say so. That would clear up allot.

Sincerely,
ER
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 08:32:27 PM »

I wouldn't call them facts if I made them up.

And I'd make sure the facts were correct before posting them.

/jarmo

EFISH
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 08:33:31 PM »

His theory is wrong!

For fuck's sake.

/jarmo
As I stated in my first post in this thread, I believe that the single is not out yet.... but in the post you quoted I simply said that the only way we will know if his theory is right or not is to hear the actual song. Anyway, I know of one radio station (that was playing the leaked version) that got a cease and desist letter today.

Well, moving on.....

Edit: And if you say these are the facts, then I will take your word for it.  Smiley
Edward Rose
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 08:35:35 PM »

I wouldn't call them facts if I made them up.

And I'd make sure the facts were correct before posting them.

/jarmo

Thank you.  ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 08:37:19 PM »

Any theory about this leak, that says the otherwise, than what's in the first post in this thread are wrong.

/jarmo

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 09:34:34 PM »

At least we now know it is an actual version of the song from the band and not a "fanmade version". Thanks!

UMM could this be a collectors item then?  Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »

This damn album is reaching JFK type conspiracy theory status.

GEEZ

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: