Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Forrest Gump II. What. the. fuck.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Forrest Gump II. What. the. fuck.  (Read 9734 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« on: March 08, 2007, 11:49:24 PM »

A possible subtitle for the upcoming Forrest Gump sequel: When Forrest Met Tom. Paramount reportedly is finally ready to move ahead with a long-planned sequel to the Oscar-winning 1994 Tom Hanks dramedy Forrest Gump, with a script that would include a scene where Forrest meets the real Tom Hanks. Eric Roth, who won an Oscar for adapting Winston Groom's novel for the first Gump movie, also has written the follow-up, which is based on Groom's sequel novel Gump & Co. and finds Our Hero in need of a big dose of his trademark dumb luck ? as the single father left unemployed after the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. flops. Hanks hasn't yet agreed to star, though both he and Gary Sinise, Oscar-nominated for his role as Lt. Dan, are on producers' wish list ? Meanwhile, Oscar winner Matt Damon, set to star in his own sequels with Ocean's Thirteen and The Bourne Ultimatum, may also be signing on for a remake. Damon is reportedly in talks for Brothers, originally a Danish drama about two siblings, one who is sent to war in Afghanistan and one who stays behind and becomes a little too close to his sibling's wife.

www.movies.go.com

Forrest Gump is one of my all time favorite flicks. but a sequel ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:52:52 PM »

As brilliant as Tom Hanks is, you just don't mess with a perfect film like Forrest Gump.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:54:26 PM »

As brilliant as Tom Hanks is, you just don't mess with a perfect film like Forrest Gump.

can you imagine hanks with his fucked up hair and huge blow fish neck revising the role as gump ? Fuck That

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
tbizzle
Banned
Rocker

"I've got a message for youuuuuuuuuuu"

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 11:56:30 PM »

Don't mess with FG. its too damn great!!!

I'd still want to see it though if they make it.

la la  la la
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 12:11:51 AM »

It sucks, because Tom is 50 now. He looks fine for a 50 year old, with the exception of his chin,  Sad

Why not get his younger brother Jim to play the role?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 02:06:04 AM »

I heard the second book is just downright awful.  this would definitely taint the original movie (which is one of my faves).   What are they going to do next, make a sequel to shawshank redemption or something?  I crapped myself in horror when i heard they were making a prequel to Dumb and Dumber...that was just wrong.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 02:26:51 AM »

Is this for real?

I absolutely loved that movie, one of my favorites, please don't ruin it with a crappy sequel.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 02:38:15 AM »

can you imagine hanks with his fucked up hair and huge blow fish neck revising the role as gump ? Fuck That

hihi

So true.

Good one Hollywood, thanks for all your new ideas! Useless moneygrabbing, uninspired scum.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 05:41:40 AM »

forrest gump is a movie that can't have a sequel, i can't even imagine how to make something good or anything out of it, what the fuck no
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 05:55:11 AM »

man the first one was already crap, dont make us suffer more.
please.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 07:10:55 AM »

damn... I tought this was gonna be another "George Bush is a retard" thread....

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 07:42:37 AM »

excellent film, really moving - but a sequal is just...wrong. Its not needed and would diminish the original

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 08:24:17 AM »

Sequal wouldn't be cool...

There's a joke sequel in the movie "Cecil B. Demented" where it stars Kevin Nealon as Forrest Gump, it's pretty funny...  hihi

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 08:58:36 AM »

the last couple years they've been remaking a bunch of old movies...house of wax,freaky friday...all them stupid crappy remakes(*cough no more original ideas cough*)...and now this?I mean seriously...

its probably gunna suck hihi

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 09:08:09 AM »

god no. this is justing milking the cash cow.

although to be fair, the movie is a great adaptation of an average book, who's to say any re-write of the sequel would be awful??

me. thats who.
VIP

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 10:20:41 AM »

hell no!

this is just like if there would be a new Rocky mov....

damn just wrong. One of the best movies ever shall not have a sequel. Because the sequel wont be worthy.

There arent a Waynes World 3, right?
Elrothiel
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 10:36:46 AM »

the last couple years they've been remaking a bunch of old movies...house of wax,freaky friday...all them stupid crappy remakes(*cough no more original ideas cough*)...and now this?I mean seriously...

Actually House of Wax was amazing!! You get to see Paris Hilton die horrifically! (and even without that I would have rather liked it....)

But yes, this Forrest Gump sequel thing sounds really weird...

As for the way Tom Hanks looks nowadays, they could do what they did in Click with Henry Winkler and CG him to look younger...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 10:39:00 AM by SkynyrdGirl » Logged
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 10:48:38 AM »

Actually House of Wax was amazing!! You get to see Paris Hilton die horrifically! (and even without that I would have rather liked it....)

But yes, this Forrest Gump sequel thing sounds really weird...

As for the way Tom Hanks looks nowadays, they could do what they did in Click with Henry Winkler and CG him to look younger...

i dont necesarily think they need to make him look "younger". he looks good for 50 years old and they can write the story around his age. he'll just need to do what he did for cast away, lose all that weight and get back into shape.

Hemingway
Chief
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 12:34:51 PM »

lame!

i would not see this!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 12:57:48 PM »

A possible subtitle for the upcoming Forrest Gump sequel: When Forrest Met Tom. Paramount reportedly is finally ready to move ahead with a long-planned sequel to the Oscar-winning 1994 Tom Hanks dramedy Forrest Gump, with a script that would include a scene where Forrest meets the real Tom Hanks. Eric Roth, who won an Oscar for adapting Winston Groom's novel for the first Gump movie, also has written the follow-up, which is based on Groom's sequel novel Gump & Co. and finds Our Hero in need of a big dose of his trademark dumb luck ? as the single father left unemployed after the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. flops. Hanks hasn't yet agreed to star, though both he and Gary Sinise, Oscar-nominated for his role as Lt. Dan, are on producers' wish list ? Meanwhile, Oscar winner Matt Damon, set to star in his own sequels with Ocean's Thirteen and The Bourne Ultimatum, may also be signing on for a remake. Damon is reportedly in talks for Brothers, originally a Danish drama about two siblings, one who is sent to war in Afghanistan and one who stays behind and becomes a little too close to his sibling's wife.

www.movies.go.com

Forrest Gump is one of my all time favorite flicks. but a sequel ?

shoot whoever came up with this idea...

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: