Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:35:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Should GNR release I.R.S. as first production single?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should GNR release I.R.S. as first production single?  (Read 4500 times)
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 08, 2007, 02:53:14 AM »

I'm a huge fan also and I love all the new songs live and ''Better'' has already took me to some memories and it rocks! But my question is honestly to the public.. I noticed IRS has that old school straight forward rocking vibe just like Welcome To The Jungle, I just want everyones honest opinions if IRS would be the best suited single to bring back that drive and vibe to the mainstream? No doubt Madagascar is gonna be ''HUGE'' and We all love ''BETTER'' here on the radio in Detroit Michigan. Theres just something about IRS that seems to catch the ear like Jungle. Whatever it is I think GNR have so many hits it's unreal. It feels good to have the realest and greatest Rock/Metal band back!!!! Axl is a genius and the greatest frontman ever! but let me know your honest opinion about IRS being the first single?
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 02:56:05 AM »

I have to disagree. Of all the leaks (not counting live), IRS grabbed me the least. Sometimes I'm in the mood, sometimes I'm not, whereas with Better it always grabs my attention and even a song like TWAT, while not my ideal choice for first single, is my favorite new track.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 03:05:47 AM »

I actually think they could do really well with I.R.S.   

It has radio friendly qualities for sure.   
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 03:12:36 AM »

Why should the single be anything we've heard anyway? What if they plan making The General the new single?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 03:16:56 AM »

Why should the single be anything we've heard anyway? What if they plan making The General the new single?

I do think a single that NOBODY has heard yet that would totally blow our minds would be an excellent way to get some attention.

Better or IRS would both make great 1st singles.  Maybe even the title track.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 03:44:01 AM »

Maybe even the title track.

Nah, I don't see that. Chinese Democracy is by far the weakest of the new material. Even amongst the leaks and demos it feels like filler. Maybe a final studio version would be that much of an improvement, though. I dunno.
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 04:20:47 AM »

Maybe even the title track.

Nah, I don't see that. Chinese Democracy is by far the weakest of the new material. Even amongst the leaks and demos it feels like filler. Maybe a final studio version would be that much of an improvement, though. I dunno.

I think Chinese Democracy is a great fuckin song.  It fuckin rocks live and it has all the things a GnR song should have- Killer intro, rythem, solos, different singing styles, climatic ending, and most important- ATTITUDE. Would make a great first single.
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 04:39:55 AM »

I think we should divide the board into teams of the grandiose, Queen-esque Use Your Illusions fans who gravitate towards songs like TWAT and The Blues and then the raw and rowdy Appetite fans who gravitate towards IRS and Chinese Democracy, because GN'R has clearly come to embody two very distinct personalities, and that's aside from just the "new" band hihi beer
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 04:58:01 AM »

IRS would be a killer as a #2 single, but Better is clearly the most catchy song we've heard so from, from the new material.

I think they should go with Better yes , then IRS, then something epic like Madagascar or There Was A Time.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 06:06:52 AM »

I love I.R.S. so i'd have to say "hell yeah" - then again I also love Better and Maddy and Twat...so i'm a lost cause!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 06:11:54 AM »

IRS would be a killer as a #2 single, but Better is clearly the most catchy song we've heard so from, from the new material.

I think they should go with Better yes , then IRS, then something epic like Madagascar or There Was A Time.

please not again. irs is a decent song, but nothing for a single you would wait for 16 years. and it's NOT radio-friendly! first single should be "better", second one something we don't know yet, third or fourth catcher in the rye (which would also be a classic 2nd single)... but there's so much material (is there?) we don't know till now. so we will all wait and see.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:28:02 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 06:33:21 AM »

Finck`s intro and solo brings tears in my eyes - just fantastic. The lirics are idiotic though, but I`m not into lirics that much, so I don`t care.
What I find disturbing is, that the band has completly butchered this song live (as they have also ruined Madagascar and Better) - I don`t know what were they thinking Huh. I hope they`ll improve in this tour!
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 06:42:27 AM »

Finck`s intro and solo brings tears in my eyes - just fantastic. The lirics are idiotic though, but I`m not into lirics that much, so I don`t care.
What I find disturbing is, that the band has completly butchered this song live (as they have also ruined Madagascar and Better) - I don`t know what were they thinking Huh. I hope they`ll improve in this tour!

opposite opinion: i think the studio demo we know has some shitty flanger guitars to it and the electronic stuff doesn't really fit; it doesn't sound consistent with itself, not quite like a rock band. in my opinion it's a bit boring. not much development in the song structure. live - that's true - the song sometimes sounds a bit like a disaster; but when they play it well (and they did, e.g. rock am ring), it's really a cool rocking song. but a song i can live without easily. so trade in irs for something bigger, axl...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 07:18:05 AM »

I think they should release a song that we haven?t heard yet instead of one of the leaks.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Megaguns
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 07:19:51 AM »

no, Try and visualise listening to it through the ears of a 16 year old chick, They are the ones who control whats on the radio, TWAT will work as a single for those reasons.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »

No, I would release about 4 others before this one.  No.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »

I judge by what other people (not necessarily huge GNR fans) that I've played the demos for think. Better seems to grab everyone right away.  IRS, not so much.  However this song would probably grow on people.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 01:51:57 PM »

NO
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 02:00:20 PM »

Why should the single be anything we've heard anyway?

Yeah, I think they should release anything but a leak.

I want to hear something new that I haven't heard yet!!!
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 02:13:11 PM »

I think we should divide the board into teams of the grandiose, Queen-esque Use Your Illusions fans who gravitate towards songs like TWAT and The Blues and then the raw and rowdy Appetite fans who gravitate towards IRS and Chinese Democracy, because GN'R has clearly come to embody two very distinct personalities, and that's aside from just the "new" band hihi beer

But I love both nervous confused Huh Shocked

I'd say I like IRS least of all the new tracks...If we get a single that is one of the leaks..I'd like Better,twat,or catcher.Something new would be awesome though! Cheesy It'll be awesome anyways Smiley

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: