Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120392 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #540 on: March 12, 2007, 12:50:32 PM »

Ungrateful people.  You say there are no updates and that the band's not being respectful of the fans....

But as Jarmo pointed out, whenever they cancel a show at the last minute, fail to deliver the album, or bail on a tour early, there's ALWAYS an explanation.

Yeah!  What's wrong with you people!  Especially you that live in Philly!

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #541 on: March 12, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »

Ha ha, nice try, man. Only two of those were real updates, most were about cancelled shows or responding to how great a show was the night before. Not really updates............. Not to mention there were years in-between real official updates before.? hihi

You complained about no updates and I showed you that there's been updates when there's been something that needed to be set straight.

I'm sure people with tickets to rescheduled or cancelled shows were glad to get the update about it, even though it's not a "real update" for you.

/jarmo

No, besides the 2, those were not "real" updates. They're called statements, and they "had" to release them to let people knnow not to show up at an arena. The others were just complimenting themselves on selling out a show or what a good performance they did. That's what I call an update!

And I didn't complain, I pointed out Axl used to keep people informed all the time, and it is strange that with how much easier it is now then back then that he chooses not to. We get our up dates like second hand news.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #542 on: March 12, 2007, 02:25:53 PM »

And I didn't complain, I pointed out Axl used to keep people informed all the time, and it is strange that with how much easier it is now then back then that he chooses not to. We get our up dates like second hand news.

Tell that to the people in Philadelphia.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #543 on: March 12, 2007, 02:27:54 PM »

[quoteQuote from: misterID on Today at 02:22:14 PM

/jarmo]

Wait a second here.  Is the Philly incedent considered "old school" now?  That was a different era?  I'm confused here.  I wish somebody would work out a timeline explaining what and when the different eras of this band are.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #544 on: March 12, 2007, 02:32:28 PM »

That was a different era?? I'm confused here.? I wish somebody would work out a timeline explaining what and when the different eras of this band are.

SIMPLY? hihi I dont think its possible but i'll try

'87-'89 AFD/Lies GnR - Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven
'90 UYI GnR - Axl, Slash Duff, Izzy, Matt, Dizzy
'92-94 UYI/TSI GnR - Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby, Matt, Dizzy
'01/'02 GnR - Axl, BH, Robin, Tobias, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Pitman
'06/07 GnR - Axl, BBF, Robin, Fortus, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy, Pitman

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #545 on: March 12, 2007, 02:34:21 PM »

/jarmo

You really must not read my posts because I've posted that I was talking about old school era Axl from the late 80's early 90's at least THREE TIMES.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #546 on: March 12, 2007, 02:41:57 PM »

You really must not read my posts because I've posted that I was talking about old school era Axl from the late 80's early 90's at least THREE TIMES.

Funny because as far as I can tell, there's always been a certain kind of mystery around the band.

Axl didn't give interviews to every newspaper, magazine etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #547 on: March 12, 2007, 02:44:19 PM »

Quote from: misterID on Today at 02:34:21 PM

Funny because as far as I can tell, there's always been a certain kind of mystery around the band.

/jarmo

Ok Jarms...so you dissaggree with this statement then, right:
But as Jarmo pointed out, whenever they cancel a show at the last minute, fail to deliver the album, or bail on a tour early, there's ALWAYS an explanation.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #548 on: March 12, 2007, 02:51:17 PM »

/jarmo

It was more a mystery meaning what are they going to do next... Will there be a riot? Will someone in the band OD? Will the band break up? What will they say next? Is Axl crazy?

It had nothing to do with Axl not wanting to give an interview, he loved to talk. Matter of fact, a lot of that mystery came from Axl's interviews.

And nobody has given interviews to every newspaper or magazine. That's just silly hihi

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #549 on: March 12, 2007, 03:06:29 PM »

Do I disagree with his sarcasm?

I don't know what you're talking about.

I pointed out that there's always been a certain kind of mystery around the band and that Axl didn't give that many interviews back in the day.

Now people are saying we were informed a lot more back in the day than we are today.

When I point out that GN'R do update us when there's something to be updated about, then I get some sarcastic remarks.

It's no surprise to me that the ones who have issues with this "lack of information" are the group of people who've had all kinds of issues with the band in the past.

And nobody has given interviews to every newspaper or magazine. That's just silly hihi

No. You don't remember the 1990s when Axl basically gave interviews to MTV, Rolling Stone and RIP?

The updates we got in the past were something like "we're probably gonna start recording on..." and "we've done this and that....". Those were in interviews. Often they appeared in magazines probably months after the interview was done. Like the on in RIP in May 1991: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=5 or Q magazine July 1991 http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=8

I admit, I'm only going by my memory, but if you can show me some examples of all the updates on the recording of UYI and AFD that we got in the past, I'd be happy to take a look.

I mean updates like Axl's letter.

/jarmo

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #550 on: March 12, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »

Can someone answer this: Did a version of "Bad Apples" leak onto radio before the Illusions came out?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #551 on: March 12, 2007, 03:14:49 PM »

What was the topic of this thread? Huh

The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!

well actually I don't see the dissing anymore. after the date, only here in this thread.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #552 on: March 12, 2007, 03:15:10 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 02:44:19 PM

Do I disagree with his sarcasm?

I don't know what you're talking about.

I pointed out that there's always been a certain kind of mystery around the band and that Axl didn't give that many interviews back in the day.

Now people are saying we were informed a lot more back in the day than we are today.

When I point out that GN'R do update us when there's something to be updated about, then I get some sarcastic remarks.

You know what? ?I didn't realize he was being sarcastic. ?I'm sorry. ?My bad. ?You'd think an admitted smart-ass would be able to recognize that, huh?

Sorry.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #553 on: March 12, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »

i don?t think we should compare the updates from now with the updates from the nineties/eighties....

how about comparing gnr?s updates to other band`s updates? VR is probably the closest we can get , if we want to compare gnr to another band... not that i want to start a comparison. it`s just not really convincing to say: be happy about the updates regarding the album, it wasn`t better in the past.

this discussion isn`t really fruitful anyways...   if someone isn`t happy about the updates we get, it`s his or her problem ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #554 on: March 12, 2007, 03:20:49 PM »

Whether or not Axl liked giving interviews in the 80's and 90's isn't the point.

The point is he needs to do something now to salvage his reputation among fans.  If that means biting the bullet and forcing himself to give a real press release or a real interview, then so be it. 

It's not 1991.  Axl's not the king of pop culture anymore. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #555 on: March 12, 2007, 03:24:22 PM »

Can someone answer this: Did a version of "Bad Apples" leak onto radio before the Illusions came out?

Yes, I remember hearing it on WAAF. I was fired up for the new album when I heard it... Then was disapointed with the album mix (of that song).

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #556 on: March 12, 2007, 03:35:46 PM »

The point is he needs to do something now

the world Tour starts now. ok

if someone isn`t happy about the updates we get, it`s his or her problem

true. Remember how we were flooded with updates before the last year.  yes
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #557 on: March 12, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »

No. You don't remember the 1990s when Axl basically gave interviews to MTV, Rolling Stone and RIP?

The updates we got in the past were something like "we're probably gonna start recording on..." and "we've done this and that....". Those were in interviews. Often they appeared in magazines probably months after the interview was done. Like the on in RIP in May 1991: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=5 or Q magazine July 1991 http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=8

I admit, I'm only going by my memory, but if you can show me some examples of all the updates on the recording of UYI and AFD that we got in the past, I'd be happy to take a look.

I mean updates like Axl's letter.

/jarmo

I'm only going off memory too, but I remember the time between UYI and AFD and as a kid knowing what was going on with the band and the albums, to the point of seeing a Axl Rose special, to updates on MTV News - 15/15 where I got most of the news. That's not to mention the magazines. There were good updates back then.

My main point is that its even easier to update fans now, but he chooses not to. I am happy to know the record is done, but in this day in age I don't see why it took 2 months for an offical update. It wasn't like the magazine interviews you pointed out. But I am super duper happy about knowing the album is done. Hot damn! -- Have I stressed my appreciation? hihi

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #558 on: March 12, 2007, 03:41:54 PM »

all i know is that i want this album and this uncertainty is killing me crying

rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #559 on: March 12, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »

The thing is that after may 1. if there is no more touring, there will be more excuses.
The face is allready lost, so nothing more to be lost.
What do you think, next excuse will be...?
"Record company thought we could do better." ? - allready used in 2002, so no.
"Buckethead" allready gone.
"Manager" gone, going...

Truth is that there just ain?t anything left.
I saw one gig last summer, and I think I was not the only one thinking it wasn?t right.
He just don?t have what it takes to justify his vision.
What do you think?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: