Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:24:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120389 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #520 on: March 11, 2007, 09:53:26 PM »

I can appreciate what DTJ is saying on how it would be cool if Axl did something similar to what NIN did.. I can agree with a lot of it.? ?All of us would love it if Axl gave us more of an inside look at some of the processes that goes on, that wuld be great!? ? However, we can't hold Axl up to any standards like that as he is going to do it how he wants.? ?Theres a fine line between the complaining and suggesting things you'd like to see, I guess. peace

Yeah, but you have to take in account the other side of the coin.

All the updates through the years from people in or around the band. When nothing turned out the way it was planned, who were branded liars? Who were told to shut up?

It's very easy to say everything would be great if Axl was blogging on gunsnroses.com.

/jarmo

and thats probably why Axl isn't blogging on gnr.com.? ?he can say anything, it doesn't matter, someone is going to twist it to suit their agenda.

yeah all those evil fans out there trying to twist every word of Axl's to suit their own anti-gnr agenda.  Yes you are right every word Axl says will be used against him in some vast global conspiracy...

What the hell are you talking about, our agenda... the fans agenda, is to support GNR and get as much great music out of them as possible.  We give them money they give us music thats how it works.  Fans arent out there like "Oh I hope Axl says something so i can catch him in a lie, then ill really get him."  No fans are like "we want the album, want to know whats going on, we really like Axl and want the best for this band." 

As for the media...this just in its 2007...Axl and GNR have become a circus act to the media.  GNR is only news for arrests, fights, riots, delays and to be the punchline in jokes.   Thats it.  The mainstream media really doesnt care anymore.  Thats not saying theyll never care again, but lead singers of bands, without an original album in 16 years, who are 45 years old, whose tours do mediocre numbers and who are widely listed among a genre deemed irrelevant by the music world, are not the focus of newsmen. 

No one is going to twist all the words if Axl decided to keep us informed.  Fans would at the worst feel more of a connect with this band and more cared about.  All thef fans are pretty much numb of disappointment, the media is already saying Axl is a crazy, over the hill, liar.   I see no possible negatives in little updates.  Look at the crew response today, there is a 10x more detailed response to some lame ass canadian band saying "Axl has rules", than explaining whats going on with the album or about the delay.  Theres no reason for that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #521 on: March 11, 2007, 10:26:03 PM »

No one is going to twist all the words if Axl decided to keep us informed.  Fans would at the worst feel more of a connect with this band and more cared about.  All thef fans are pretty much numb of disappointment, the media is already saying Axl is a crazy, over the hill, liar.   I see no possible negatives in little updates.  Look at the crew response today, there is a 10x more detailed response to some lame ass canadian band saying "Axl has rules", than explaining whats going on with the album or about the delay.  Theres no reason for that.

What's going on with the album..... Here we go again....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #522 on: March 11, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »

Bulshit, Bullshit, Bullshit...

It doesn't take 14 years to make an album.
Fans or no fans.
Record companies or no record companies.
Axl does - what Axl wants.

It ain't like the longer it takes, the better the album will be.
he's just a perfectionist.
And if it takes 20 years, then so be it
(in his mind, he's got all the money and time in the world).

I'm just going to live my life while Axl waits to decide to do
what ever the F**k he's gonna do and when he's gonna' do it!
PEACE!  peace
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #523 on: March 11, 2007, 10:41:28 PM »

I don't know why people complain about the lack of updates, we got a SWEET ASS update today. But noooo it's not good enough for the trolls. Grin
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #524 on: March 12, 2007, 12:40:03 AM »

Jesus, it's like I'm been stuck in a moment five years ago. Everything's the same. The album will be out when it's out. Stop complaining and waiting. It's not out because it's obviously something's not ready...Fuck sake...

"...It don't really matter..."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #525 on: March 12, 2007, 12:45:50 AM »

I don't know why people complain about the lack of updates, we got a SWEET ASS update today. But noooo it's not good enough for the trolls. Grin

Are you referring to the Die Mannequin rebuttal, or did I miss something?  Because I don't really consider the Die Mannequin stuff to be an "update." 

Not that I'm complaining...just don't want to miss something important.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
EstrangedReality
« Reply #526 on: March 12, 2007, 02:01:23 AM »

The same people who call him a liar because a tentative release date didn't happen?

I don't think anyone has called him a liar - it was just a tentative date. Anyone with a simple grasp of English should know what that word means. If not - it's their own fault. If they want to call him a liar - someone should point these people to Dictionary.com.

I never blamed Axl for postponing the album again - it was just tentative and I never thought it would be out by then. I pretty much figured it wouldn't meet the March 6th date by the time Axl spoke to HRS, because HRS was told it had just finished recording, and it hadn't been mixed yet.

I really think it'll be summer, not spring.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:05:17 AM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #527 on: March 12, 2007, 02:55:12 AM »

All the updates through the years from people in or around the band. When nothing turned out the way it was planned, who were branded liars? Who were told to shut up?

It's very easy to say everything would be great if Axl was blogging on gunsnroses.com.

/jarmo

and thats probably why Axl isn't blogging on gnr.com.? ?he can say anything, it doesn't matter, someone is going to twist it to suit their agenda.

yeah all those evil fans out there trying to twist every word of Axl's to suit their own anti-gnr agenda.? Yes you are right every word Axl says will be used against him in some vast global conspiracy...

What the hell are you talking about, our agenda... the fans agenda, is to support GNR and get as much great music out of them as possible.? We give them money they give us music thats how it works.? Fans arent out there like "Oh I hope Axl says something so i can catch him in a lie, then ill really get him."? No fans are like "we want the album, want to know whats going on, we really like Axl and want the best for this band."?

As for the media...this just in its 2007...Axl and GNR have become a circus act to the media.? GNR is only news for arrests, fights, riots, delays and to be the punchline in jokes.? ?Thats it.? The mainstream media really doesnt care anymore.? Thats not saying theyll never care again, but lead singers of bands, without an original album in 16 years, who are 45 years old, whose tours do mediocre numbers and who are widely listed among a genre deemed irrelevant by the music world, are not the focus of newsmen.?

Wow....you mean you do a huge tour overseas in front of over 700,000 fans there and then a US Tour that does pretty solid and its mediocre ?  Damn I pity those who gotta struggle to nail a big tour now.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #528 on: March 12, 2007, 03:18:10 AM »

Axl promised nothing, yet people repeated the date immediately as if it were gospel - on this board and others.

The media often reads the internet and regurgitates it as truth.

The same posters who complain about Axl's unfair treatment, remain oblivious to the fact that they very well may have helped expedite it in the first place.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #529 on: March 12, 2007, 07:15:04 AM »

Axl was never this secretive, silent or vague back in the day, and I think that's what's surprised a lot of original fans. So, I'm not comparing the old guns with the new guns,? just Axl.

And for the record, not updating the fans like he used to is just stupid. Especially seeing how much easier it is now than back then.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1770
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1760
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1744
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1742
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1738
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1736
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1727
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1718
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1707
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1665
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1663
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1655
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1654
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1649
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1636
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1633

Yeah, they don't really update us on what's going on these days.

You guys have no answer to the simple questions asked. You just want updates.

How can you give an update on the release date when there's no final release date?

If Del posts an update on behalf of the band, how is that different from Axl saying the same thing? The news are still there.

/jarmo

Ha ha, nice try, man. Only two of those were real updates, most were about cancelled shows or responding to how great a show was the night before. Not really updates............. Not to mention there were years in-between real official updates before.  hihi

And I do think that, as you yourself pointed out that it is a big deal, that it is big news that the album is finished. But I don't see why it took 2 months, and fan pressure to get the Del James blurb.

And I agree with you that you can't really give an update about the album when there is nothing really to update, ie: an official release date. And my post you quoted had nothing to do with it. I was talking about the big change in Axl from the old days to now and how its taken the fans off guard because that's not the axl we remember.

Roll Eyes And before anyone says it, let me respond: Yes, people do change, and yes, Axl has the right to do whatever he wants, I was just pointing something out.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #530 on: March 12, 2007, 09:47:28 AM »

/jarmo

yeah all those evil fans out there trying to twist every word of Axl's to suit their own anti-gnr agenda.? Yes you are right every word Axl says will be used against him in some vast global conspiracy...

What the hell are you talking about, our agenda... the fans agenda, is to support GNR and get as much great music out of them as possible.? We give them money they give us music thats how it works.? Fans arent out there like "Oh I hope Axl says something so i can catch him in a lie, then ill really get him."? No fans are like "we want the album, want to know whats going on, we really like Axl and want the best for this band."?

As for the media...this just in its 2007...Axl and GNR have become a circus act to the media.? GNR is only news for arrests, fights, riots, delays and to be the punchline in jokes.? ?Thats it.? The mainstream media really doesnt care anymore.? Thats not saying theyll never care again, but lead singers of bands, without an original album in 16 years, who are 45 years old, whose tours do mediocre numbers and who are widely listed among a genre deemed irrelevant by the music world, are not the focus of newsmen.?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Wow....you mean you do a huge tour overseas in front of over 700,000 fans there and then a US Tour that does pretty solid and its mediocre ?? Damn I pity those who gotta struggle to nail a big tour now.

Well they played festivals in Europe.  It sucks to say, but bands like Bon Jovi destroyed, and i mean absolutely destroyed the amount of money GNR made on tour.  GNR cancelled their last few concerts and cancelled a few in between under rumors that they were trying to combine shows cause of weak sales. The reviews i saw were generally mixed and referred more to a nostalgic feeling rather than a "this is something new" thing.  For a band that youre suggesting the media is going to focus on, a U.S. stadium tour where most stadiums are filled to 1/3 capacity is pretty mediocre.

Again I want to know what anti-gnr agenda people have out there. I mean whats the fans "agenda" other than to just hear the music and see the band?  I mean I guess if Axl said like "Chris Pitman's been important" then some of the EMS guys might spin it to "Chris Pitman= GNR" or something like that, but other than that I dont think there are like political organizations bent on the destruction of GNR.  I think there are a bunch of fans who want the music, and some reporters who every now and then like to laugh at how "crazy" Axl is, or marvel at the fact the albums not out.  If Axl or band members posted small updates, 1/2 the length of their recent security update, at the very least GNR would appear like more of a band.  Im not saying Axl owes us anything or has to do this etc...Im just saying that in my opinion something like bi-monthly q&a's or columns written by members of GNR would be cool, interesting and nothing but beneficial.  Whatever happens im buying the album the day its released, ill see Axl at least once every u.s. tour, and will always bring up GNR when referring to greatest bands, im just saying what I think would be good and very easy to do.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #531 on: March 12, 2007, 10:05:12 AM »

Well they played festivals in Europe.  It sucks to say, but bands like Bon Jovi destroyed, and i mean absolutely destroyed the amount of money GNR made on tour.  GNR cancelled their last few concerts and cancelled a few in between under rumors that they were trying to combine shows cause of weak sales. The reviews i saw were generally mixed and referred more to a nostalgic feeling rather than a "this is something new" thing.  For a band that youre suggesting the media is going to focus on, a U.S. stadium tour where most stadiums are filled to 1/3 capacity is pretty mediocre.

Again I want to know what anti-gnr agenda people have out there. I mean whats the fans "agenda" other than to just hear the music and see the band?  I mean I guess if Axl said like "Chris Pitman's been important" then some of the EMS guys might spin it to "Chris Pitman= GNR" or something like that, but other than that I dont think there are like political organizations bent on the destruction of GNR.  I think there are a bunch of fans who want the music, and some reporters who every now and then like to laugh at how "crazy" Axl is, or marvel at the fact the albums not out.  If Axl or band members posted small updates, 1/2 the length of their recent security update, at the very least GNR would appear like more of a band.  Im not saying Axl owes us anything or has to do this etc...Im just saying that in my opinion something like bi-monthly q&a's or columns written by members of GNR would be cool, interesting and nothing but beneficial.  Whatever happens im buying the album the day its released, ill see Axl at least once every u.s. tour, and will always bring up GNR when referring to greatest bands, im just saying what I think would be good and very easy to do.
is that hard for your fucking little brain to understand that BON JOVI is a fucking pop/pop rock singer now? Britney and Justin can make more money than bon jovi and more than rock bands. Britney's 2002 tour had all tickets sold-out and she got more money that Bon Jovi got. I saw in a BON JOVI board that more than half of 2006 shows weren't sold-out, he is releasing cd's and he's in the media. No one was promoting GN'R in 2006 as far as I know and they are away from the media since 2002. People aren't hearing much of GN'R and they won't release shits like "have a nice day". Stop being like a retard comparing pop singers that make music just to sell albums and stay in the media to ROCK STARS.
You're lying btw. Rock in Rio was full of people watching GN'R, Rock am Ring and some other shows were pretty full of people. I couldn't see stadiums filled with 1/3 of their capacity. Please show me proofs?
700.000 people in 32 shows mean 21.875 people in each show.
I guess your brain is out of use.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #532 on: March 12, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »

http://personales.ya.com/crushmagazine/mp3/lost/lost3.mp3
this is a new music from bon jovi. Right click and save as... just 1 minute. what a good song, what a rock song.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #533 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:19 AM »

THIS IS NOT A BON JOVI WEB SITE ,GET IT !

the one an only horsey !
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #534 on: March 12, 2007, 11:41:12 AM »

is that hard for your fucking little brain to understand that BON JOVI is a fucking pop/pop rock singer now?

Listen to that new version of Better and try and tell me that Axl hasn't moved in the pop rock direction from where he used to be. There is decidedly less of an edge in the new music we have heard thus far, and that indicates we will here more Bon Jovi/Nickelback sounding rock than we will old Guns/ACDC style rock.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #535 on: March 12, 2007, 11:47:32 AM »

better is still heavier than any other gnr tune imo...that middle part is insane

anyway why are we still talking about march 6th...get over it we knew it wasnt gonna happen a while ago

KOK
Headliner

« Reply #536 on: March 12, 2007, 12:17:56 PM »

is that hard for your fucking little brain to understand that BON JOVI is a fucking pop/pop rock singer now?

Listen to that new version of Better and try and tell me that Axl hasn't moved in the pop rock direction from where he used to be. There is decidedly less of an edge in the new music we have heard thus far, and that indicates we will here more Bon Jovi/Nickelback sounding rock than we will old Guns/ACDC style rock.

What a load of crap. How can someone compare Better to Bon Jovi or Nickelback. Better is one of the heaviest GNR songs ever, but like all GnR songs it is still very melodical. This is what GNR was always known for and is also the reason of their enormous success.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #537 on: March 12, 2007, 12:19:18 PM »

better is a rock song as far as I know. It has industrial influences (cause of Finck), but I when I listen to it I remember Guns N' Roses, not nickelback or justin.
listening to this last bon jovi song I remeber justin musics.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #538 on: March 12, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »

Ha ha, nice try, man. Only two of those were real updates, most were about cancelled shows or responding to how great a show was the night before. Not really updates............. Not to mention there were years in-between real official updates before.  hihi

You complained about no updates and I showed you that there's been updates when there's been something that needed to be set straight.

I'm sure people with tickets to rescheduled or cancelled shows were glad to get the update about it, even though it's not a "real update" for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #539 on: March 12, 2007, 12:47:42 PM »

Ungrateful people.? You say there are no updates and that the band's not being respectful of the fans....

But as Jarmo pointed out, whenever they cancel a show at the last minute, fail to deliver the album, or bail on a tour early, there's ALWAYS an explanation.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: