Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:22:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120028 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »

I notice that Jarmo mentions that people will still call Axl a liar even if there were more updates.  That may be the case, but I dont see the problem with updates.  I dont see how updates would do anything harmful for the band.  They dont even need to be from Axl.  How hard would it be to put the BBF Q&A's on the official website and maybe let him talk a little more than he is.  Something like that at the very worst generates buzz and makes some fans feel appreciated.  Sure people may still call Axl a liar and may still question everything he does, but thats what they are doing now anyways.  So at the very worst all that would happen is the people who are upset would have one less thing to be upset about. 

The possible positives range from generating some prerelease buzz, having happier fans, and maybe give the band a little more wiggle room.  The problem is when theres one announcement a month or 6 months people scrutinize every word and analyze ever statement so meticulously that it becomes gospel.  In the recent events, it is clear the band must have known the album would not be out March 6th, way back in mid january (8 weeks from time its turned in).  At the very worst that sinking feeling like "here it goes again" and that feeling of disappointment that clearly many fans felt would be weathered.  Also media outlets would have no excuse to jump on this "missed" date, if back on January 15th BBF posted, today i finished recording my parts we will start mixing soon, March 6th may not be likely but soon is definitely the word. I dont see any negative in a statement like that an only positives.

That being said if Axl doesnt want those types of updates so be it, its his decision, his life, and his band.  I just think it would be positive if they did something.  Maybe even have 1 band member a week post something on the website, that would be like a paragraph every 2 months, not that much, and it would really keep fans interested so when the album is released the fans will push the album to everyone they know, not feel disgruntled, and do as much as they can to promote it.  Loyal fans like Jarmo and everyone else who runs these websites are better than any promotional device money can buy, might as well keep as many fans happy as possible imo.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2007, 05:56:26 PM »

I think Ron has answered why he can't say too much regarding GN'R.

Things change and if he mentioned things that didn't happen, people would be disappointed.

Same thing goes for the album's release date I guess. I personally don't think there's a need for an update guessing when the mixing might be done.

What Del said is good enough for me. They're mixing the album.

Once that's done, there's some things that need to be done (for example mastering) and then the album will probably be out as soon as possible.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2007, 06:00:36 PM »

Correct me if I?m wrong but this has always been this way,even in the UYI days. Gnr have never been this kind of bands that give updates very frequently. Some years ago, internet was not so handy as it is today, and the updates were done through MTV or something like that.And they only gave updates when they had something important to say and people were not complaining all the time like you do right now.

All this bashing is useless, you are not going to get CD sooner just because you complain more. Also, if I was Axl I would tell even less,because no matter what he does or says it all is twisted,overanalyzed and taken out of its context. You are never happy unless you have something to bitch and moan. Roll Eyes

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2007, 06:03:44 PM »

Correct me if I?m wrong but this has always been this way,even in the UYI days. Gnr have never been this kind of bands that give updates very frequently. Some years ago, internet was not so handy as it is today, and the updates were done through MTV or something like that.And they only gave updates when they had something important to say and people were not complaining all the time like you do right now.

All this bashing is useless, you are not going to get CD sooner just because you complain more. Also, if I was Axl I would tell even less,because no matter what he does or says it all is twisted,overanalyzed and taken out of its context. You are never happy unless you have something to bitch and moan. Roll Eyes

completely agree with that.    I wouldn't be saying much either if the majority of my hardcore fanbase treated me like I owed them something jus cuz they liked my music.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2007, 06:20:56 PM »

Im not saying Axl owes anyone anything nor am I telling him what to do.  Im just saying that in my opinion it is nothing but beneficial for the band members to talk to the fans.  I think that if every 2 weeks a different band member did a q&a or posted something on the message board it would do many positives and no negatives.  It would keep fans interested, give the masses another reason to embrace the new GNR, it would provide a lot to discuss, it would shut up one topic of argument, it would stop some false reporting, and it would make everything seem like a band.  I dont see any downsides, and I dont see why suggesting something like that is wrong.

I waited most of my life for Jarmusch's Coffee and Ciggarettes and I can tell you people complain when they are forced to wait and dont understand why.  Doesnt matter what it is, whether its a movie or CD or opening of a theme park.  People complained on boards about Jarmusch even though he was releasing other movies during that time.  People will complain you cant help it, im just suggesting something that the band could do while people wait to start the PR and promotion moving.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »

Im not saying Axl owes anyone anything nor am I telling him what to do.  Im just saying that in my opinion it is nothing but beneficial for the band members to talk to the fans.  I think that if every 2 weeks a different band member did a q&a or posted something on the message board it would do many positives and no negatives.  It would keep fans interested, give the masses another reason to embrace the new GNR, it would provide a lot to discuss, it would shut up one topic of argument, it would stop some false reporting, and it would make everything seem like a band.  I dont see any downsides, and I dont see why suggesting something like that is wrong.

Completely logical.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Ernie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2007, 08:56:22 PM »

For God's sake, it's been about thirteen years in the making. It ain't gonna happen. Get over it! ;
EstrangedReality
« Reply #407 on: March 10, 2007, 12:27:41 AM »

Funny until the last may the negatives would go on about as how 'the band members didn't know a shit'. and now what? they are on at jarmo about as how he and some others 'know the details'.

Axl said he'd try as hard as possible to have it out by March 6th, and that if "unforeseen difficulties" delayed it, we would be kept up to date constantly.

Again,
Axl NEVER said that. sorry but if anything the level of your reading comprehension is astonishingly bad for a native English speaker. You shouldn't take others words the way you like and complain about them.

The update by del was just an extra, nice of him and the camp. it was not what they were obliged to do.

Don't claim my comprehension is "astonishingly bad" when you ignore the very basics of the language in your posts.

Axl Rose:

Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled... We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date.... Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date.
[/b]

How was an update on the status of the album "a nice thing to do" when it was something we were promised we would receive?
EstrangedReality
« Reply #408 on: March 10, 2007, 12:40:37 AM »

Well, as I said, if you choose to ignore all these updates, then there really isn't any communication from the band at all.

Which updates would those be, Jarmo?

These two?

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:EdmXQBuTDY0J:web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp%3Fymd%3D20061214%26content_id%3Da1%26vkey%3Dnews%26fext%3D.jsp+guns+n%27+roses+open+letter+axl&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070222&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

I wasn't ignoring them.

I was very ecstatic when Axl posted his open letter. Maybe, if you don't believe me, I can link you to some of my old posts.

I was discussing the lack of communication after this... we heard nothing until the week before the album was tentatively scheduled to be released. They would have known eight weeks prior to March 6th whether it was a feasible date. Surely if they wanted to keep us informed - as Axl said in his open letter - they wouldn't have waited until the very, very last moment to tell us it wasn't ready yet.

Speaking of Axl's letter - telling people a couple weeks before the end of the year that the album isn't coming out (when you've been telling people up through early September that it was) is considered great communication? The saving grace of his open letter was its promise to fans and his apology and respect for his fans.

Nice to see the Pitman fan site guys share the same view on the band.

I'm not judging the band. I think it's interesting that you choose to ignore the core of my issue and try to lump me together with MGL whose own complaints bear no similarities to mine.

The band? I'm not complaining about the band. PR has nothing to do with the band itself. It does, however, affect their image and their relations with fans. And certainly publications such as Rolling Stone - who are exclusive to the music industry and therefore deal with bands' management on a daily basis - wouldn't chastise GN'R for their lack of PR for no reason.

I think the band needs to hire someone who can spin things to better effect, take care of negative rumors before they start (e.g. Merck's misinterpreted statements last year which he intended as humor and which RS inferred as factual), communicate with fans on a consistent basis and so on and so forth. It's the digital age and most bands have blogs and interactive websites. You look to someone like Trent Reznor who understands the appeal the Internet has with promotion and compare it to GN'R - Trent has hyped up Year Zero to the point where it's gaining the interest of non-NIN fans and he interacts with his fans through his website. Axl wanted to make music like Trent - maybe he should spend a little time picking up some of his knack for self-promotion and fan communication, also.

Just a simple spokesperson for the band on the Internet - through GunsNRoses.com and MySpace.com - could help get rid of rumors and bullshit news stories (remember the thing about Axl having a roast before going out on stage, which Tommy said was BS but was reported as true because no one refuted it at the time?).

Please don't try to purposely distort or misinterpret what I'm saying. I never took issue with GN'R over this, I'm just taking issue with these aspects of their communication that will help themselves just as much as it would their fans.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #409 on: March 10, 2007, 12:53:14 AM »

All of this obsession over a process we cannot control! And  that is completely pointless in the broader scheme of things. Oh, by the way, Iran is developing nuclear weapons. Global warming is real and will affect your life in fundamental  ways. Half  the world  lives on less  than $2 a  day. These  types  of things are  real  and imporant. When  GNR releases  their album is not important. People need  to get  focus on  what  is significant  and what  is not. All this bickering about something so trivial  and  frankly, stupid,  is  driving me  crazy. If  people devoted half  as much attention to the  real  issues facing the world, we all would be better  off.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #410 on: March 10, 2007, 02:22:51 AM »

what the fuck are you going on about you fucking pyscho! IS IT YOUR FUCKING BAD WEEK!!!

my post wasn't aimed at anyone, im not negative, i said axl's human, when we get it we get it!

its people like you who jump on the defensive and attack people for having opinion that you dont share that drives other fans to frustration, you fuckin stupid bitch, open your eyes, your ears fuckling wake up! i didnt say anything to anyone, i just staed my opinion you fuck!

do your fuckin research before coming on and spewing you shit all over the keyboard with you misinformed/ misguided, head in the sand, bullshit!
I seriously want you to get in some trouble after this post.  Roll Eyes
or at least I'm hoping you away from these forums for around 1 year. You shouldn't be banned from the forums, God should ban you from the earth.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #411 on: March 10, 2007, 05:00:20 AM »

Funny until the last may the negatives would go on about as how 'the band members didn't know a shit'. and now what? they are on at jarmo about as how he and some others 'know the details'.

Axl said he'd try as hard as possible to have it out by March 6th, and that if "unforeseen difficulties" delayed it, we would be kept up to date constantly.

Again,
Axl NEVER said that. sorry but if anything the level of your reading comprehension is astonishingly bad for a native English speaker. You shouldn't take others words the way you like and complain about them.

The update by del was just an extra, nice of him and the camp. it was not what they were obliged to do.

Don't claim my comprehension is "astonishingly bad" when you ignore the very basics of the language in your posts.

Axl Rose:

Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled... We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date.... Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date.
[/b]

How was an update on the status of the album "a nice thing to do" when it was something we were promised we would receive?

You still don't read?
what were promised there are
1) that they try their best.
2) update in regard to the release date.
therefore
No new date = no notification
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #412 on: March 10, 2007, 07:11:06 AM »

Is this album ever going to come out.. I mean if this was any other group wouldn't you be ragging on them left and right for milking the fans who see tours with leaks and no signs of an album..   it's kind of lame and boring already... It's like release the fucking album already.. This album could come and go and no one would even know,,... Like the boy who cried wolf..
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #413 on: March 10, 2007, 09:07:09 AM »

i think it will be this year, although i dont think axl should have said even a tentaive date, because people get their hopes up and who can blame them?

fact is this album is long over due, people can argue all they want but at the end of the day, thats a fact.

axl has said in the past that it would be out this yaer, and "soon" and all that stuff and nothing was delivered, i undertand the guy is human, but he's has done this on a few occasions.

the sheer fact that i think we've had 3 chinese democracy world tours shows a lack of organisation ?or cohesion in the GnR camp, world tour to me should equal album or no world tour should begin untio the album is 80-90% done.

all the floks defending axl and pointong to the word tentative and over analysing what the guy said are, in my mind, just as sad as those who spit the dummy out and say they wont wait any longer.

may be you'll do better next time........punk!

who the fuck are you to compare those of us who defend axl with the bullshitters?
stop using gnr quotes to attack people, it's lame as hell.
beta has already said the band doesn't need "fans" who refuse to believe the truth and who insist on being negative and who wants to blame everything on axl and i couldn't agree with her more. the band will do just fine without you. what the fuck do you know about how the band/management is organized? do you know axl or anyone associated with the band?

what the fuck are you going on about you fucking pyscho! IS IT YOUR FUCKING BAD WEEK!!!
my post wasn't aimed at anyone, im not negative, i said axl's human, when we get it we get it!

its people like you who jump on the defensive and attack people for having opinion that you dont share that drives other fans to frustration, you fuckin stupid bitch, open your eyes, your ears fuckling wake up! i didnt say anything to anyone, i just staed my opinion you fuck!

do your fuckin research before coming on and spewing you shit all over the keyboard with you misinformed/ misguided, head in the sand, bullshit!

if this post doesn't quality for bad karma, i don't know what does... chill the fuck out, it's only the internet... can't you handle people confronting your posts without going all looney on me?

as you can probably tell from my previous posts, i have never been like that on this board...EVER!

what you got was what was coming...i responded to an attack on one of my posts, my opinions by you. i didnt attack anyone personally with my first post yet you saw fit to attack me with yours...get a life.

and as foo the "boo hooo you'll get bad karma!"....do you honestly think i care, did you think im going to apologize?

hell no, i'll take the -1, cause i meant every word!

I seriously want you to get in some trouble after this post. Roll Eyes
or at least I'm hoping you away from these forums for around 1 year. You shouldn't be banned from the forums, God should ban you from the earth.

less of the tattle tale BS! i stated an opinion, i believe you said in a different posty thatmy opiniojn didnt matter, well if thats the case why do have a board at all if no ones opinions matter.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #414 on: March 10, 2007, 09:40:57 AM »

What he should or shouldn't is not just up to you.
Although I'm not the one who's been waited for long, I really appreciate the sincerity in his letter. I always do.

the letter says
"For much of the time, various legal issues have arisen, demanding that the best way to deal with these things publicly, quite frankly, was to keep our mouths shut in an attempt to ensure the best outcome-- especially one that wouldn't jeopardize the band or the album."

Even under such tough conditions, he tried to be as open to the fans as possible.
Read the letter again, It's no way a scribble like some article in this newspaper or in the likes of kerrang. Sad most of the recipients are too busy taking it as they want and not as it is.
Yes he gives a shit about the fans.
He's been very careful about what he writes. Obviously he doesn't want to mislead the fans. but the problem is people aren't careful about what they read.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 09:42:31 AM by ppbebe » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #415 on: March 10, 2007, 10:02:15 AM »

For God's sake, it's been about thirteen years in the making. It ain't gonna happen. Get over it! ;

Lol I think you are the only rational guy out here...
sadly for us, we still got hope that someday  it will eventually be out and till then... well... all we can do is wait and wait and wait and start discussions like this one Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #416 on: March 10, 2007, 10:15:35 AM »

I wouldn't call an assertion that anyone would give up their 13 years work when it's done rational. confused
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2007, 10:19:54 AM »

I wouldn't call an assertion that anyone would give up their 13 years work when it's done rational. confused

It's not done though. That's the problem. Who knows if it ever will be?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2007, 10:22:31 AM »

well the recording is done. long over the hump.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #419 on: March 10, 2007, 10:29:07 AM »

then if its done.. what are we waiting for? Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: