Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:37:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120276 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2007, 11:36:12 PM »

Please a fan site is a place where people express your admiration for someone.

Not at all. It is a place to talk about the group/team you are a fan of, not "admire" them. I am a life long Cleveland Browns fan, but because I am frustrated that they are awful every single year does not preclude me from being a fan. Go to any Browns huddle forum and you will see talk of why the team blows and how to make them better among fans. When you win 5 games every year, there is very little "admiring" to be done.

It is no different than the GNR situation. They could be considered a losing franchise right now, and the fans congregate to commiserate with eachother always hopeful that better days lay ahead. This idea that one must be myopic at all times in order to be considered a fan is not healthy.
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »

My thoughts are this: ?Axl Rose is Axl Rose. ?The man doesn't have to say anything to anybody. He doesn't have to "keep the fans posted". ?The bottom line is this: People can say what they will, but when the record is released, anyone who ever said anything negative towards Axl will come crawling back begging him to let them kiss his ass. ?

Do i want the record to release? ?yes. ? Do i think it will be worth the wait? no. ?Do i think it will be one of the greatest records of all time? ?Shit yeah, the man is Axl Rose. ?

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2007, 11:47:21 PM »

Not at all. It is a place to talk about the group/team you are a fan of, not "admire" them. I am a life long Cleveland Browns fan, but because I am frustrated that they are awful every single year does not preclude me from being a fan. Go to any Browns huddle forum and you will see talk of why the team blows and how to make them better among fans. When you win 5 games every year, there is very little "admiring" to be done.

It is no different than the GNR situation. They could be considered a losing franchise right now, and the fans congregate to commiserate with eachother always hopeful that better days lay ahead. This idea that one must be myopic at all times in order to be considered a fan is not healthy.

I think that's a fair enough comparison though, to carry your analogy further, the debate here is between a few groups:

a) those who believe the Browns will pull off a miracle in the upcoming draft
b) those who believe that the Browns should have pulled off the miracle in a previous draft, and are upset because they didn't do so
c) those who believe the Browns should have pulled off the miracle in a previous draft and want to punish them for not doing so
d) those who believe that the Browns will suddenly decide to skip this and all future drafts.
e) those who are more concerned with how to get Jim Brown back on the team

The first two strike me as good fans, with varying levels of patience, and I have no problem with them expressing their hopes and frustrations.  The third annoys me to no end, with all the bitching and moaning and ultimatum after ultimatum.  The fourth just like to stir up trouble.  The fifth are probably on the wrong board.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2007, 11:52:42 PM »

I think that's a fair enough comparison though, to carry your analogy further, the debate here is between a few groups:

a) those who believe the Browns will pull off a miracle in the upcoming draft
b) those who believe that the Browns should have pulled off the miracle in a previous draft, and are upset because they didn't do so
c) those who believe the Browns should have pulled off the miracle in a previous draft and want to punish them for not doing so
d) those who believe that the Browns will suddenly decide to skip this and all future drafts.
e) those who are more concerned with how to get Jim Brown back on the team

The first two strike me as good fans, with varying levels of patience, and I have no problem with them expressing their hopes and frustrations.? The third annoys me to no end, with all the bitching and moaning and ultimatum after ultimatum.? The fourth just like to stir up trouble.? The fifth are probably on the wrong board.

It must suck being a Browns fan. Kellen Winslow Jr.?  hihi Ouch. Sorry, off topic.

clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2007, 11:54:06 PM »

For me it is not healthy that people feel frustrated or upset because an album has not been realesed and yes Naupis ?I know that many people have a sick relationship with his favorite sport team. But I always support people I like and I think that Axl must have many reasons for not reach the date of march 6. I think that he wanted to realese CD in this date but I consider that he does not have to give explanations to the fans.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #305 on: March 07, 2007, 12:00:06 AM »

Ok, look. ?I don't think that Axl HAS to do anything. ?I'm just saying it would be nice if we knew a little more than we knew now. ?There are alot of opinions going on in this thread. ?I've made a few, many others have made a few. ?What it all boils down to is this: we have been told by someone associated with the band that the album is being mixed because all of the recording is done. ?You know what? ?Yes. ?That is a good thing. ?I'm excited about that. ?I think that means that the album is probably really going to come out soon.

But then I realize something. ?There are a helluva lot of scenarios that could transpire that could screw things up at even this phase. ?There seems to be a black cloud hovering over this album's potential release. ?I don't think I am stretching when I say that any of the following are completely possible to happen in the next year or two:

-Axl is not happy with the final mix.
-Axl is not happy with the record company's marketing strategy
-Axl is not happy with the drummer situation...whatever the hell that is
-Axl is not happy with his new management (whoever that ends up being)
-Axl is not happy with the competeting albums coming out on possible release dates
-Axl is not happy with the press he is getting prior to the albums release
-Axl is not happy with the reaction a released single is getting

Any one of these are very real scenarios. ?I normally don't like being a pescamist like this and thinking ahead towards negative scenarios, but at this point...after this much time of not being able to go into a record store to buy a new GNR CD, it's really hard not to. ?Couple that with the fact that these are the only scenarios that could be construed as optimistic:

-The album is released in the next couple of months

Well, there just seems to be a bigger chance at one (or possibly more than one) of the negative scenarios playing through.

I don't know. ?I'm just frustrated. ?I'm not getting any younger. ?None of us are. ?The closer I get to death, the less time I'll have on this earth spending time enjoying Chinese Democracy.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:02:29 AM by Danny » Logged

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #306 on: March 07, 2007, 12:11:14 AM »

Ok, look.  I don't think that Axl HAS to do anything.  I'm just saying it would be nice if we knew a little more than we knew now.  There are alot of opinions going on in this thread.  I've made a few, many others have made a few.  What it all boils down to is this: we have been told by someone associated with the band that the album is being mixed because all of the recording is done.  You know what?  Yes.  That is a good thing.  I'm excited about that.  I think that means that the album is probably really going to come out soon.

But then I realize something.  There are a helluva lot of scenarios that could transpire that could screw things up at even this phase.  There seems to be a black cloud hovering over this album's potential release.  I don't think I am stretching when I say that any of the following are completely possible to happen in the next year or two:

-Axl is not happy with the final mix.
-Axl is not happy with the record company's marketing strategy
-Axl is not happy with the drummer situation...whatever the hell that is
-Axl is not happy with his new management (whoever that ends up being)
-Axl is not happy with the competeting albums coming out on possible release dates
-Axl is not happy with the press he is getting prior to the albums release
-Axl is not happy with the reaction a released single is getting

Any one of these are very real scenarios.  I normally don't like being a pescamist like this and thinking ahead towards negative scenarios, but at this point...after this much time of not being able to go into a record store to buy a new GNR CD, it's really hard not to.  Couple that with the fact that these are the only scenarios that could be construed as optimistic:

-The album is released in the next couple of months

Well, there just seems to be a bigger chance at one (or possibly more than one) of the negative scenarios playing through.

I don't know.  I'm just frustrated.  I'm not getting any younger.  None of us are.  The closer I get to death, the less time I'll have on this earth spending time enjoying Chinese Democracy.

I think of it like this...many of those bad things you mentioned as possibly happening have already happened, at some point in time, during the making of this album.  And, other things have happened as well.  The list goes on. 

But, given all that bullshit, progress still moves forward, and is now, presumably, within months of an ending.   

Some of those things you list could happen (the happiness with the mix striking me as most likely).  Others don't seem as likely.    For example, the marketing strategy, competing release dates, reaction to a single, and general press reaction to the album are all things that occur AFTER he has handed it over, mixed and mastered, and at that point I don't know that Hell or high water could keep it from coming out.         

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #307 on: March 07, 2007, 12:13:07 AM »

Some of those things you list could happen (the happiness with the mix striking me as most likely).  Others don't seem as likely.    For example, the marketing strategy, competing release dates, reaction to a single, and general press reaction to the album are all things that occur AFTER he has handed it over, mixed and mastered, and at that point I don't know that Hell or high water could keep it from coming out.         

Well...Axl's got lawyers, right?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #308 on: March 07, 2007, 12:15:49 AM »

Well, 7th today.. nothing happened

You really know who's Maradona!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #309 on: March 07, 2007, 12:18:05 AM »

Well...Axl's got lawyers, right?

True, though the backlash, both from media and fans, over taking it to the brink and then suing to get it back would be overwhelming. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2007, 12:55:33 AM »

I can't believe how so many continue to love, respect, and support Axl, and believe all his lame excuses, despite all the empty promises and bullshit over the years.    This wasn't just this year that the album was promised.  We were doing the same thing last year, at this time, and in December, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc. 
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2007, 12:56:55 AM »

Responding to all of the Axl Rose is Axl Rose and he'll do whatver he wants talks. ? People admire him (myself included) because he has a certain edge to him and seems to do what ever he feels like doing. ?But at the same time this current situation (the wait for cd), for whatever reason, has gone on way too long. ?The question I pose to all of those people who respond in the aforementioned way in sentence one is: ?If Axl Rose was a fan of Guns N Roses (or anything he liked for that matter) Do you think he would just sit around having blind admiration for the situation OR do you think that he would get a little impatient and say what is on his mind and not give a fuck? ?I'm just curious.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #312 on: March 07, 2007, 01:12:57 AM »

Responding to all of the Axl Rose is Axl Rose and he'll do whatver he wants talks.   People admire him (myself included) because he has a certain edge to him and seems to do what ever he feels like doing.  But at the same time this current situation (the wait for cd), for whatever reason, has gone on way too long.  The question I pose to all of those people who respond in the aforementioned way in sentence one is:  If Axl Rose was a fan of Guns N Roses (or anything he liked for that matter) Do you think he would just sit around having blind admiration for the situation OR do you think that he would get a little impatient and say what is on his mind and not give a fuck?  I'm just curious.

LOL, no question I think he'd be one of the first ones to jump ship. He'd get pretty ticked off I think.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2007, 01:27:54 AM »

What proof do you have of them doing the opposite?

Please tell me what information you have regarding the upcoming shows that we don't have....

Where have they stated the everything will be completed and handed in before they hit the road?

Quote from: younggunner on Yesterday at 07:16:51 PM
People like Beta and others can pm me and say im dead wrong but enough is enough already. If you have any intention of releasing this album then do it. Otherwise just come out and say that your not. If he still wants to tour people will still go. But let the myth of CD and us the blind get off the wagon with some dignity....

Oh boy....

You don't seem to listen when you're being told something important.

Why is that?
??

You're wasting all your energy on the complaining and fail to see what's actually happening.

#1 - The recording is done. 100%. Not 90%....
#2 - Mixing is going on now. That's often done after the recording but before the actual release. You don't want to skip this step just to please a younggunner on a GN'R board who's feeling unhappy.
#3 - Axl will always "shoot himself in the foot" because there's people who will always twist his words to fit their needs. It doesn't matter what he says. Either he's lying or it's not even his

When have I twisted Axls words. All I said was that silence is better than not meeting the deadlines you set. Tenative is tenative but imo it doesnt mean a 3 month delay......it means a month at the most..but i dont even care. im not gonna argue if the album comes out in may or june... thats fine with me. my point has to do more with the whole saying something and then not firmly backing it up. I understand things change but things can also go as planned.....

im not a whiner. Ive defended Axl ever step of the dam way. But theres also a time to take a step back and say you know what enough is enough sometimes. And if thats wrong...o well....I myself feel like the end is finally here. I guess im just reacting to the what ifs.....and if that album isnt out by may or june, then the cycle begins again....and that for me is scary and old

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2007, 01:29:39 AM »

anyone who has read the letter knows that axl covered his ass concerning this date. i think this was just a rough estimate, the point is it should be out soon. and we got our update, the del james thing was fine with me i dont know why people are complaining about that. the band has been active for almost a year now, everyone needs to relax.

lets face it, things were pretty depressing and bleak between when the '02 tour was cancelled and when axl showed up at the korn party last january...... since then we have gotten leaks, live shows, and tons of updates and interaction from the band members.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:31:48 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #315 on: March 07, 2007, 01:37:10 AM »

It comes out when it comes out.

Thank God I have other great bands that release music to keep me busy while waiting on this one.

We've waited this long, what's a few more months?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2007, 01:40:45 AM »

anyone who has read the letter knows that axl covered his ass concerning this date.

Yup. He made that very clear.

Anybody let down should look no further than the bathroom mirror.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2007, 02:29:27 AM »

Take my approach and u will never be disappointed.

My approach is

"Ill believe it when I see it on the shelves;buy it, and then pop it into my CD player and the fuckin thing actually works."

Till then, I don't believe anything said by the GNR camp.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #318 on: March 07, 2007, 02:32:51 AM »

If anxious about an outcome my outlook is often (especially with business deals) that "It won't go through." That way, if it goes through it is a pleasant surprise-but never disappointment. I apply that same line of thought to this album. While certainly not "anxious" about it, I've been excited in the past for it to surface (2001) and it never came to light. Now, I could care less, if it happens then that's just fantastic.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #319 on: March 07, 2007, 02:34:42 AM »

^That also how he deals with E.D. hihi hihi

Seriously, this sounds crazy but I think its gonna be a little sad once the wait is over.

I think half the fun has been all the years of rumor, speculation, anticipation etc etc.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: