Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:20:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120380 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #260 on: March 06, 2007, 10:39:08 PM »

And you're the kind of person who loves to point out how others are fools and you're the enlightened one?

/jarmo

jarmo, aren't you slightly off-topic?

why do you have to contribute absolutely nothing to these conversations but off-topic snarky remarks about this person/that person?

i'm sorry, but for the past two weeks, this site has become nothing more than a battle ground for the most tiresome debates of who's a fan/non-fan, and whether any of us have a right to complain...and instead of helping you just antagonize and fuel the fire...

Off topic? The guy was attacking somebody because he had a different opinion.

How lame is that?

And where the hell do you people get the "no updates" crap from?

I'll repeat it again:

December: Axl says they need to do some minor work on album.
January: That work is being done
February: It's announced on the band's official site that the recording is done and mixing is under way, but that since the album isn't ready for release there's no release date for it.

Until the album is mixed and mastered, there's no way they're gonna set a release date to keep you guys happy. It would make no sense.

What is the real problem? I'm confused.

Seriously, you can't be upset because the album wasn't released on its tentative release date.

Even the UYI albums were pushed back a while. Remember? One guy mixed it and they weren't happy with the result so Bill Price was hired to mix it.

Lack of communication? There's no news on the album, it's being mixed. Do you need to be re-assured every other week that the mixing is still going on?

Question: What kind of fucking updates do you want at this point?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sahasastar
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #261 on: March 06, 2007, 10:39:32 PM »

Yeah, it's the straw that broke the camels back for me. Everyone has a breaking point where blind faith takes a backseat to clarity and reality and sees people/ a situation for who/what they really are.

Been a big fan since the beginning but shall no longer visit in protest.

I doubt that Axl can pull it off, writing good music without the old boys, that is why album is constantly delayed.
If he wasn't a petulant angry little bottle thrower and a real man who can see the world from other peoples point of view they might still be around and the greatest rock band would still exist today.

The greatest band with the greatest music led by the greatest washed up has-been who lost the passion to write
'great' rock music well over a decade ago.

I'll just play Appetite and Illusions and reminisce about the good old days...
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2007, 10:44:19 PM »

And you're the kind of person who loves to point out how others are fools and you're the enlightened one?

/jarmo

why do you have to contribute absolutely nothing to these conversations but off-topic snarky remarks about this person/that person?

i'm sorry, but for the past two weeks, this site has become nothing more than a battle ground for the most tiresome debates of who's a fan/non-fan, and whether any of us have a right to complain...and instead of helping you just antagonize and fuel the fire...

How lame is that?

I'll repeat it again:

February: It's announced on the band's official site that the recording is done and mixing is under way, but that since the album isn't ready for release there's no release date for it.

Until the album is mixed and mastered, there's no way they're gonna set a release date to keep you guys happy. It would make no sense.

Seriously, you can't be upset because the album wasn't released on its tentative release date.

Even the UYI albums were pushed back a while. Remember? One guy mixed it and they weren't happy with the result so Bill Price was hired to mix it.

Lack of communication? There's no news on the album, it's being mixed. Do you need to be re-assured every other week that the mixing is still going on?

/jarmo

Jarmo, it's laughable that you would compare the Chinese Democracy situation with any album that came out in a reasonably timely fashion (UYI did, especially considering it was 2 albums). This thing has taken at least 10 years, so continuing to delay it isn't exactly a minor thing to most people. It's just a continuation of the "cycle" in many folks' eyes. Just my 2 cents on the situation. The only thing you can compare this to is Brian Wilson's "Smile," except hopefully it doesn't take another 20+ years. "Smile" took well over 30 years to be released if I remember right.
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2007, 10:44:43 PM »

How is so much emotion being poured out on a date we knew was a no-go weeks ago?

age 37....volume always at 10
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:08 PM »

Yeah, it's the straw that broke the camels back for me. Everyone has a breaking point where blind faith takes a backseat to clarity and reality and sees people/ a situation for who/what they really are.

I doubt that Axl can pull it off, writing good music without the old boys, that is why album is constantly delayed.
If he wasn't a petulant angry little bottle thrower and a real man who can see the world from other peoples point of view they might still be around and the greatest rock band would still exist today.

The greatest band with the greatest music led by the greatest washed up has-been who lost the passion to write

dude...wtf Huh maybe you lost your hearing years ago hihi

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:20 PM »

Nothing wrong with the good ol days bro ! ? ?ok

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:35 PM »

/jarmo

? i'm sorry, but for the past two weeks, this site has become nothing more than a battle ground for the most tiresome debates of who's a fan/non-fan, and whether any of us have a right to complain...and instead of helping you just antagonize and fuel the fire...

How lame is that?

I'll repeat it again:

/jarmo

it may not happen that often, but i happen to agree. heres hopin the mixing and mastering move quickly and all concerned are happy with the results.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:51 PM »

How is so much emotion being poured out on a date we knew was a no-go weeks ago?

LOL that's a damn good question!
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:51 PM »

Whatever you say, from what I've heard it sounds like Axl has lost nothing. Cant say the same for Slash and Duff.
Anyways, go have fun.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2007, 10:47:56 PM »

Jarmo, it's laughable that you would compare the Chinese Democracy situation with any album that came out in a reasonably timely fashion (UYI did, especially considering it was 2 albums).

Yeah, I know. Trying to explain something and asking a simple question is laughable but comparing GN'R to Beatles by saying they released multiple albums, in a whole different era, in just a few years is quite all right....

I see.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2007, 10:49:19 PM »

It's just funny how everyone says the waiting sucks, or it's hard or whatever.  I'm just wondering why?  Are you paying a certain amount of money a day till it comes out?  Do you have a sickness or an illness, some sort of disease maybe where CD is the cure, and you are in consent pain until you hear it?  I don't get it.  Yes, I have been a fan since I was 6 yrs old, 1987, from the start (minus the LA days where they owned the strip) and like many of you, have been waiting since UYI and SI for a new album. But I still don't get how it's so hard.  I wake up every day and go about my business like usual, and do what I have to do. Sometimes, yea, I wish I had CD playing in my car when I'm driving, but I don't get all upset and pissed off at Axl. Right now it's his baby, he said (Since a lot of people like to analyze the shit out of his words) that he recorded it for himself and if he releases it and people get something out of it, that's great. And with all of this bitching about "Axl should do this, Axl should do that", it's like going up to a kid at recess and tell him what he should do or not do so he could be cool and have lots of friends. The fact that Axl has this many fans "waiting" (which is so f'n hard, I can't stand it!!!  Angry    Roll Eyes ), tells me that he does know what he is doing. And going off the "Axl owes us", why?  He put out good music, we paid for it. They put out shirts and stuff, and if we got it, we probably paid for it. He plays shows, if we go, most likely we paid for our ticket. (Sorry to the person who posted this above, I'm kinda stealing your idea), but it seems like to me that it's been all give and take. It's equal, he puts out a product, and we buy it. Now, I can't speak for all of you, but maybe some people sent him money or something and are still waiting for CD, if so, then I'm wrong. But what does he actually owe you? Now, A LOT of people on here have downloaded the leaks and the bootleg versions of songs played at concerts over the past six years.  Here is an example of us owing Axl.  He put out this music, wrote it, recorded it, performed it, and we got it, yet no one really paid for it.  And if you did pay for it, I'm pretty sure you didn't pay Axl or anyone in GNR. So if anything, we owe to Axl to just let him do his thing, and wait until he feels (which he already has, the ball is not in his court anymore) it's ready to come out. Then when the album, that possibly we already heard about half, comes out, we can go back to the equal exchange (unless some people download it and not pay for it...) that it has been.

Sorry to waste your time
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2007, 10:49:37 PM »

Jarmo, it's laughable that you would compare the Chinese Democracy situation with any album that came out in a reasonably timely fashion (UYI did, especially considering it was 2 albums).

Yeah, I know. Trying to explain something and asking a simple question is laughable but comparing GN'R to Beatles by saying they released multiple albums, in a whole different era, in just a few years is quite all right....

I see.

/jarmo

When did I do that?Huh

I didn't. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying that Chinese Democracy is far different than UYI or most of the albums out there in terms of the timeline. It's just an observation. It's to the point where a lot of people EXPECT delays rather than an actual release. That's different than most albums.
EFISH
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2007, 10:51:39 PM »

This conversation is so old. If you feel like complaining and putting Axl down, just leave the forum for a while and wait until something happens. The album is actually done being recorded. It's out of Axl's hands now. I get frusterated alot of times too, but like Jim Bob said.... you chose to be a fan of the band and support Axl, so let him do his thing and put it out when he wants. And guess what, they want it to come out as soon as possible. Once the tracks are all set and ready to go, the ball will start rolling again. If you're just here to complain, then go get a hobby or something and come back when the album is gonna come out.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #273 on: March 06, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »

EFISH, you talking to me? Cuz I'm not complaining at all. I'm merely pointing out the other side of things in a logical fashion. I personally don't really care one way or another at this point. When it comes out, it comes out. End of story.
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #274 on: March 06, 2007, 10:54:35 PM »

/jarmo

?quick question: what would've happened (by March 6th) if you or Mysteron (or whoever sent that request) didn't ask Del/Beta/Axl for an update? ?

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
EFISH
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »

EFISH, you talking to me? Cuz I'm not complaining at all. I'm merely pointing out the other side of things in a logical fashion. I personally don't really care one way or another at this point. When it comes out, it comes out. End of story.
Not at all. I was just talking to everyone in this thread in general who was complaining about the record not being out, Axl being scared to release it, etc...
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2007, 10:56:19 PM »

Not at all. I was just talking to everyone in this thread in general who was complaining about the record not being out, Axl being scared to release it, etc...

OK, cool. This thread is pretty pointless overall. As someone said before, we knew weeks ago that it wasn't coming out today, so why is there a thread about it? LOL.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2007, 10:57:02 PM »

/jarmo

quick question: what would've happened (by March 6th) if you or Mysteron (or whoever sent that request) didn't ask Del/Beta/Axl for an update? 

What the fuck are you talking about? Jarmo had nothing to do with the update.  Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »

I didn't. Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying that Chinese Democracy is far different than UYI or most of the albums out there in terms of the timeline. It's just an observation. It's to the point where a lot of people EXPECT delays rather than an actual release. That's different than most albums.

If people expected the tentative release date to be tentative and not final, we wouldn't have all these upset fan posting in this thread would we?

But the fact is, people do love to compare it to other albums and compare GN'R to other bands.

quick question: what would've happened (by March 6th) if you or Mysteron (or whoever sent that request) didn't ask Del/Beta/Axl for an update? 

Judging by the letter, I think they would've given an update as soon as they had a firm release date or maybe when March 6th wasn't a possibility.

As it was pointed out in this thread, I had nothing to do with Del's update.

/jarmo

muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2007, 10:58:10 PM »

If you're just here to complain, then go get a hobby or something and come back when the album is gonna come out.

? ?*sigh*...aaand we're back to our regularly scheduled program... ok

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: