Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120313 times)
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2007, 09:34:37 PM »

Yea, times change. With todays technology its actually a lot easier to make an album, videos, and set up a tour.

I guess quality doesn't mean anything for you, as long as you have an album to download.

Technology doesn't create the art itself.

/jarmo

quality means a lot,but don't go saying thath the beatles didn't have to do the things that bands today have to do so they had it easier somehow to make an album, the beatles had it much harder and did it much better than most of todays bands, and in less time.

Bullshit... they got to ride on their fame from being the biggest band in the world in their early days - promotion didn't even need to happen, they had the name. They stopped TOURING - man, that's so hard to do, NOT. If you want to point out someone who did it well and quickly, look at Creedence - 3 brilliant albums in the one year.

But not everyone works that way.

they Huh?

this is a band made up of new members in 2007 with the old members of 1985, this band hasnt did shit compared to " THEY"
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2007, 09:38:07 PM »

well, I guess it's just getting more and more difficult for jarmo and others to defend the lack of a CD release date by now.

? ?it's not up to him to do it...he's provided a forum for people to discuss GNR-related issues...he's not the punching bag of GNR. Let Del James handle that role since he strives for the PR role so much...

? ?MotherGoose said it perfectly earlier on, that GNR has the worst communication with the fans...nobody would bitch and complain as much as they do now if there would be some sharing of information...
 ? ?what, GNR is mysterious? leave that adjective to discuss Buckethead, not Axl who's been parading the public scene for the past year in broad daylight.

? ?Has anybody woken up to the reality of the situation? I've stopped posting here mainly because there's NOTHING to talk about, except pointless and childish speculations, only to get into the most innane internet arguments that lead nowhere
...soon enough we'll discuss what BBF has for breakfast right?

? ?Most of the people who had something to say have either left the forum, or have stopped posting...does anyone wonder why that is? Look at the number of people who visit the forum at least...it has dropped significantly.

? ?I've kept quiet for a while in regards to arguing about what GNR needs to do, why it's absurd that you can't say anything negative about GNR and have 50 newbies jump on you for attacking their newfound love for the band...

? ?So let's not place blames on US anymore and look at the general situation...no album...no updates (because they're either too busy, it's a cool marketing strategy to keep us in suspense, etc)...no sign of Axl being that open-hearted romantic who posted that letter back in december...

and some of us get upset when the MEDIA (of all 'people') make cracks about his/GNR's credibility? this whole situation's laughable

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2007, 09:38:27 PM »

Yea, times change. With todays technology its actually a lot easier to make an album, videos, and set up a tour.

I guess quality doesn't mean anything for you, as long as you have an album to download.

Technology doesn't create the art itself.

/jarmo

quality means a lot,but don't go saying thath the beatles didn't have to do the things that bands today have to do so they had it easier somehow to make an album, the beatles had it much harder and did it much better than most of todays bands, and in less time.

Bullshit... they got to ride on their fame from being the biggest band in the world in their early days - promotion didn't even need to happen, they had the name. They stopped TOURING - man, that's so hard to do, NOT. If you want to point out someone who did it well and quickly, look at Creedence - 3 brilliant albums in the one year.

But not everyone works that way.

they Huh?

this is a band made up of new members in 2007 with the old members of 1985, this band hasnt did shit compared to " THEY"

Creedence is cool but I'll take Led Zeppelin I and II being released in 1969 despite the band actually touring. Two unbelievably great albums in the same year while touring...pretty darn good!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 09:40:35 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2007, 09:39:26 PM »

oh man! you are the kind of person politicians love. You get shit on repeatedly and still follow blindly. The truth is that the artist-fan relationship is a two way street, and for gnr it has been one way for over a decade.

I dont feel shortchanged in any way.   I saw the band 4 times last yaer, I am happy as fuck.   I love all the music Axl has already given us over the years, and while I look forward to more, it in no way changes the great things he's already done and for that he has my respect.   
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #244 on: March 06, 2007, 09:41:10 PM »

I'm not gonna get into an argument with Jarmo, I've been down that road before and it's a no-win. But, I can see why people want to question things. Blindly following something or someone without thinking for yourself is basically a cult, but GNR communicated to us what's going on this time. Sure, you may think it should be out by now, but it's supposedly being finished. And that's progress, people.

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2007, 09:43:15 PM »

oh man! you are the kind of person politicians love. You get shit on repeatedly and still follow blindly. The truth is that the artist-fan relationship is a two way street, and for gnr it has been one way for over a decade.

I dont feel shortchanged in any way.? ?I saw the band 4 times last yaer, I am happy as fuck.? ?I love all the music Axl has already given us over the years, and while I look forward to more, it in no way changes the great things he's already done and for that he has my respect.? ?

Well put. These mother fuckers feel Axl Rose owes them something, that's all. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2007, 09:46:09 PM »

Gn'R has become a very fan un-friendly band...I mean if you look at VR's website they put updates on there all the time and even show video of the rehearsing....VR fans aren't kept in the dark...and that's the attitude of alot of musicians these days is to keep in touch with the fans via the internet...we put food on their table, it's the least they can do. ?Now when I say that GN'R is fan un-friendly I don't mean the individual members...I mean the organization as a whole...let Bumblefoot handle PR...then we'd feel "in-touch" ?Axl needs to lose the mystery mystique of the 80's Rock Star...it doesn't exist anymore!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2007, 09:48:03 PM »

well, I guess it's just getting more and more difficult for jarmo and others to defend the lack of a CD release date by now.

? ?it's not up to him to do it...he's provided a forum for people to discuss GNR-related issues...he's not the punching bag of GNR. Let Del James handle that role since he strives for the PR role so much...

? ?MotherGoose said it perfectly earlier on, that GNR has the worst communication with the fans...nobody would bitch and complain as much as they do now if there would be some sharing of information...
 ? ?what, GNR is mysterious? leave that adjective to discuss Buckethead, not Axl who's been parading the public scene for the past year in broad daylight.

? ?Has anybody woken up to the reality of the situation? I've stopped posting here mainly because there's NOTHING to talk about, except pointless and childish speculations, only to get into the most innane internet arguments that lead nowhere

? ?Most of the people who had something to say have either left the forum, or have stopped posting...does anyone wonder why that is? Look at the number of people who visit the forum at least...it has dropped significantly.

? ?I've kept quiet for a while in regards to arguing about what GNR needs to do, why it's absurd that you can't say anything negative about GNR and have 50 newbies jump on you for attacking their newfound love for the band...

? ?So let's not place blames on US anymore and look at the general situation...no album...no updates (because they're either too busy, it's a cool marketing strategy to keep us in suspense, etc)...no sign of Axl being that open-hearted romantic who posted that letter back in december...

and some of us get upset when the MEDIA (of all 'people') make cracks about his/GNR's credibility? this whole situation's laughable

That is a great post.

Ileave for weeks at a time, come back and there is still nothing to talk about.

And the newbs part of your post is right on.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2007, 09:48:17 PM »

I dont feel shortchanged in any way.   I saw the band 4 times last yaer, I am happy as fuck.   I love all the music Axl has already given us over the years, and while I look forward to more, it in no way changes the great things he's already done and for that he has my respect.   

Well put. These mother fuckers feel Axl Rose owes them something, that's all. smoking

Exactly.  The only people from what I can see that Axl owes anything to, is Universal.   The folks there can bitch all they want as its their money that is wrapped up in it, I haven't paid a dime for CD and the money I paid for the shows was money well spent and worth every penny.  smoking

Gn'R has become a very fan un-friendly band...I mean if you look at VR's website they put updates on there all the time and even show video of the rehearsing....VR fans aren't kept in the dark...and that's the attitude of alot of musicians these days is to keep in touch with the fans via the internet...we put food on their table, it's the least they can do.  Now when I say that GN'R is fan un-friendly I don't mean the individual members...I mean the organization as a whole...let Bumblefoot handle PR...then we'd feel "in-touch"  Axl needs to lose the mystery mystique of the 80's Rock Star...it doesn't exist anymore!

Ugh.  Gn'R is not fucking Velvet Revolver (and thank god).  I'm glad VR is your ideal band that does things just the way you like it.     Actually no I don't fucking care, try the VR section.
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55:37 PM »

I dont feel shortchanged in any way. I saw the band 4 times last yaer, I am happy as fuck. I love all the music Axl has already given us over the years, and while I look forward to more, it in no way changes the great things he's already done and for that he has my respect.

Exactly. The only people from what I can see that Axl owes anything to, is Universal. The folks there can bitch all they want as its their money that is wrapped up in it, I haven't paid a dime for CD and the money I paid for the shows was money well spent and worth every penny. smoking

Gn'R has become a very fan un-friendly band...I mean if you look at VR's website they put updates on there all the time and even show video of the rehearsing....VR fans aren't kept in the dark...and that's the attitude of alot of musicians these days is to keep in touch with the fans via the internet...we put food on their table, it's the least they can do. Now when I say that GN'R is fan un-friendly I don't mean the individual members...I mean the organization as a whole...let Bumblefoot handle PR...then we'd feel "in-touch" Axl needs to lose the mystery mystique of the 80's Rock Star...it doesn't exist anymore!

Ugh. Gn'R is not fucking Velvet Revolver (and thank god). I'm glad VR is your ideal band that does things just the way you like it. Actually no I don't fucking care, try the VR section.

Gee Mr. Bob, no where in my post did I say I was a fan of VR...I just like how they keep their fans informed...and I just used them for example! 

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #250 on: March 06, 2007, 09:56:12 PM »

That is a great post.

Ileave for weeks at a time, come back and there is still nothing to talk about.

And the newbs part of your post is right on.

very well put, I have nothing more to add to that
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: March 06, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »

To bring it back to the point of this thread, it's very difficult to be objective when it comes to a band like Guns N' Roses.  So many of us have been following this band for so long that it's tough to retain any perspective.  Journalists, on the other hand, have nothing invested in this band, and hence you'll get articles that provoked this thread.  It's an easy story, a band that has produced no studio material in over 15 years has once again delayed its album.  If you were a journalist and your editor asked you to write about the new album from the Bangles that's delayed once again, is anyone on here going to give it the proper respect its due?  You might say, well, the Bangles aren't Guns N' Roses and you wouldn't get an argument from me on that.  But to many part-time journalists, that's not the case.

As this applies to this forum and the GNR community, the lesson is this: It's great being a fan, but a little objectivity never hurt anyone.  If Axl or the band fucks up, I'll objectively say so, but my disapproval does not reflect my fondness for the band and its music.  I choose to be a fan of this band, but I also choose to express my skepticism or disappointment when I feel the band has not acted in a fair manner to me as a fan.  You may disagree or you might agree.  And isn't that the purpose of a place like this?

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #252 on: March 06, 2007, 09:57:27 PM »

I'm not gonna get into an argument with Jarmo, I've been down that road before and it's a no-win. But, I can see why people want to question things. Blindly following something or someone without thinking for yourself is basically a cult, but GNR communicated to us what's going on this time. Sure, you may think it should be out by now, but it's supposedly being finished. And that's progress, people.

To bring it back to the point of this thread, it's very difficult to be objective when it comes to a band like Guns N' Roses. So many of us have been following this band for so long that it's tough to retain any perspective. Journalists, on the other hand, have nothing invested in this band, and hence you'll get articles that provoked this thread. It's an easy story, a band that has produced no studio material in over 15 years has once again delayed its album. If you were a journalist and your editor asked you to write about the new album from the Bangles that's delayed once again, is anyone on here going to give it the proper respect its due? You might say, well, the Bangles aren't Guns N' Roses and you wouldn't get an argument from me on that. But to many part-time journalists, that's not the case.

As this applies to this forum and the GNR community, the lesson is this: It's great being a fan, but a little objectivity never hurt anyone. If Axl or the band fucks up, I'll objectively say so, but my disapproval does not reflect my fondness for the band and its music. I choose to be a fan of this band, but I also choose to express my skepticism or disappointment when I feel the band has not acted in a fair manner to me as a fan. You may disagree or you might agree. And isn't that the purpose of a place like this?

Cheers,

Andrew

Well said!!!!!! peace ok beer
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:00:55 PM by AL1978 » Logged

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #253 on: March 06, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »

Blindly following something or someone without thinking for yourself is basically a cult, but GNR communicated to us what's going on this time.
I agree, but I dont see any of that here.   I wouldn't blindly follow anything Axl did.   If I dont like something, I'll say it.   

Sure, you may think it should be out by now, but it's supposedly being finished. And that's progress, people.
and this what people aren't getting.   we got an update a few days ago from Del saying the album is done, but its not good enough.  Undecided   They want Axl to post blogs and film what he's doing in the studio, when thats just never been his style.   He's a man of mystery and likes to keep what he's doing under wraps, and thats his decision.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #254 on: March 06, 2007, 10:03:27 PM »

So Chinese Democracy isn't out yet ....

I look at it as more time to jam out to Adler's Appetite !!

Democracy will OWN someday. ? yes

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #255 on: March 06, 2007, 10:06:07 PM »

Blindly following something or someone without thinking for yourself is basically a cult, but GNR communicated to us what's going on this time.
I agree, but I dont see any of that here.? ?I wouldn't blindly follow anything Axl did.? ?If I dont like something, I'll say it.? ?

theres a lot of that happenning here, you just dont ant to name the sheep involved. neither do i  hihi

I would'nt do that if I were you.
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: March 06, 2007, 10:14:35 PM »

Hey, Axl may still come through....If  I read his letter correctly he said March 6th, 20??.  There is still time!
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #257 on: March 06, 2007, 10:18:49 PM »

I really think today might have been it for people except the super-utla-mega hardcore fans. People read the press release "from" Axl, but the masses do not follow Guns N' Roses news like we do. Therefore to actually hear a date from Axl, regardless if it is tentative or not, meant that they expected the album today.

Axl hasn't given us an official date, I know this. But I can't help but lose faith in him after today. Yes yes I've heard the arguments before that he doesn't owe me anything, and you would be right, he doesn't. But the time has come and past for the everyday fan (not today, in general). I will be excited if and when CD comes out, but I too feel burned out on the new Guns N' Roses. It is going to be so easy for anyone to say, "We've waited over 10 years for this?". Yes, from his attitude and action it seems that "Axl doesn't give a shit what people think," but I find it hard to imagine after putting in years of works that someone could just say, "Eh, whatever."

I had my hopes up this time, I really did. To be honest with you, I really can't defend the new band or Axl Rose anymore. "Good, Axl doesn't care!" I know, he never did. I will always love Guns N' Roses but even for someone who has loved them since they heard Slash's delay on WTTJ, it's just getting a little old to keep waiting, and waiting.....and waiting.
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #258 on: March 06, 2007, 10:29:53 PM »

and waiting and waiting and waiting hihi

I havnt been here to long..I've been a gn'r fan for about 3 years..so I don't know shit as to what the waits like...but!that doesnt make me anyless of a fan and I can't wait till the album comes out Grin big deal..he didnt meet a tentative date.

the albums done!!we're in the mixing stage Smiley

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #259 on: March 06, 2007, 10:35:05 PM »

Actually its very simple.  YOU choose to be a fan of this band, and if you respect Axl and the band, allow him whatever time he wishes to release this album.   No one is making you go to any shows on any tour.   No one is making you wait for an album.   No one is making you do anything.  Likewise,  no one can make Axl do anything.   Axl is an artist and I've always loved and respected him as such, and that will never change regardless of when/if the album even ever comes out.    We do not have the authority to make Axl's management decisions, we aren't music industry marketing professionals, and the bitching is absolutely pointless.  Like you can change anything?

I've been a fan as long as I can remember, and I stick by my band in the good times and the bad.  And frankly, seeing them 4 times in 2006 was not bad at all!   Being a fan of this band does take patience, but surely if you've been here this long, you know this already, right?

Great post. Completely agree.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: