Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:46:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120295 times)
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2007, 09:01:33 PM »

But if they go on tour without any further news or a single on the radio or maybe an ad campaign started, then I think we'll have real reason to worry and bitch. Just my 2 cents.

well get ready to worry and bitch because it looks like the next CD tour without CD is coming soon. As someone else posted, it is real simple, the band posted that recording is done and some of us don't believe it. You know why? Because axl, merk, and the band have said all kinds of shit similar to that statement for the last 6 years and they have all been bullshit. Its time to put up or shut up.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 09:03:26 PM by hpantazo » Logged
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2007, 09:02:46 PM »

As I'm reading this, I'm listening to Help!, Rubber Soul, Sgt Pepper, The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abby Road, and Let It Be.? All of these albums came out within 5 years of each other.

Are they all 80 minute cds?

Did they make multiple videos for each album and tour?

Just saying, times change..... A bit!

/jarmo

Yea, times change. With todays technology its actually a lot easier to make an album, videos, and set up a tour.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2007, 09:06:22 PM »

Actually its very simple.  YOU choose to be a fan of this band, and if you respect Axl and the band, allow him whatever time he wishes to release this album.   No one is making you go to any shows on any tour.   No one is making you wait for an album.   No one is making you do anything.  Likewise,  no one can make Axl do anything.   Axl is an artist and I've always loved and respected him as such, and that will never change regardless of when/if the album even ever comes out.    We do not have the authority to make Axl's management decisions, we aren't music industry marketing professionals, and the bitching is absolutely pointless.  Like you can change anything?

I've been a fan as long as I can remember, and I stick by my band in the good times and the bad.  And frankly, seeing them 4 times in 2006 was not bad at all!   Being a fan of this band does take patience, but surely if you've been here this long, you know this already, right?
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2007, 09:08:17 PM »

Today's technology makes things easier in some ways and more complicated in others. There are a lot more choices and options available nowadays in regards to sound production on one hand. On the other, a simple plugin will do what the beatles had to do to create the right room reverb for example.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2007, 09:08:52 PM »

Yea, times change. With todays technology its actually a lot easier to make an album, videos, and set up a tour.

And that could be a reason why todays music and videos are nothing but complete garbage. If more bands would take their time and do quality material maybe people wouldn't bash todays music like they do.  Stop being so damn negative about GnR hell over the last year we have been given a gift, and this year things will be even better. You have to realize we went a very very long time without nothing at all. Now we are getting tours, and a album this year and your going to miss out on it because your to busy complaining that 3-6-2007 was not the day.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2007, 09:09:51 PM »

I guess quality doesn't mean anything for you, as long as you have an album to download.

Technology doesn't create the art itself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2007, 09:10:38 PM »

Actually its very simple.? YOU choose to be a fan of this band, and if you respect Axl and the band, allow him whatever time he wishes to release this album.? ?No one is making you go to any shows on any tour.? ?No one is making you wait for an album.? ?No one is making you do anything.? Likewise,? no one can make Axl do anything.? ?Axl is an artist and I've always loved and respected him as such, and that will never change regardless of when/if the album even ever comes out.? ? We do not have the authority to make Axl's management decisions, we aren't music industry marketing professionals, and the bitching is absolutely pointless.? Like you can change anything?

I've been a fan as long as I can remember, and I stick by my band in the good times and the bad.? And frankly, seeing them 4 times in 2006 was not bad at all!? ?Being a fan of this band does take patience, but surely if you've been here this long, you know this already, right?

oh man! you are the kind of person politicians love. You get shit on repeatedly and still follow blindly. The truth is that the artist-fan relationship is a two way street, and for gnr it has been one way for over a decade.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »

People should know how Axl Rose works by now. ?If he says tentative, then it means its NOT coming. ?When he says this is IT, then thats when we'll know the release date is for sure. ?Why can't other people understand this?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2007, 09:12:16 PM »

Actually its very simple.  YOU choose to be a fan of this band, and if you respect Axl and the band, allow him whatever time he wishes to release this album.   No one is making you go to any shows on any tour.   No one is making you wait for an album.   No one is making you do anything.  Likewise,  no one can make Axl do anything.   Axl is an artist and I've always loved and respected him as such, and that will never change regardless of when/if the album even ever comes out.    We do not have the authority to make Axl's management decisions, we aren't music industry marketing professionals, and the bitching is absolutely pointless.  Like you can change anything?

I've been a fan as long as I can remember, and I stick by my band in the good times and the bad.  And frankly, seeing them 4 times in 2006 was not bad at all!   Being a fan of this band does take patience, but surely if you've been here this long, you know this already, right?

oh man! you are the kind of person politicians love. You get shit on repeatedly and still follow blindly. The truth is that the artist-fan relationship is a two way street, and for gnr it has been one way for over a decade.

And you're the kind of person who loves to point out how others are fools and you're the enlightened one?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

I guess quality doesn't mean anything for you, as long as you have an album to download.

/jarmo

quality means a lot,but don't go saying thath the beatles didn't have to do the things that bands today have to do so they had it easier somehow to make an album, the beatles had it much harder and did it much better than most of todays bands, and in less time.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »

And it's been delayed about 2 times a year, every year, since then.

Roll Eyes

And Use Your Illusion was delayed about ten years because the first songs were started on then.....? Roll Eyes

Some people are obviously not playing attention. Have you ever heard about how artists can write songs for an album and even record them, only to decide it's not what they want to do and start all over again?

Just because the album's title was Chinese Democracy in 1999 doesn't automatically mean the tracks that appear on the album are the same ones they wrote and have been recording since 1999.

/jarmo

Totally different situation. Axl and co. hadn't been giving "tentative" release dates for 10 years before the Use Your Illusion albums came out. Plus they released two albums (three if you count Live Like A Suicide), one being one of the greatest ever, and a few singles during that time period.

I didn't say anything about Axl's indecisive self rewriting, re-recording, or whatever else to the songs they had written in 1999. I remember hearing about most of the songs we know now back then anyway.
 I just quoted the man himself saying the album would be out the following year.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2007, 09:16:18 PM »

I'm kind of burned out on the new GNR. Trust me, I'll be real excited when the album finally comes out, but I've just waited too long to be as excited about this band as I was.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »

And you're the kind of person who loves to point out how others are fools and you're the enlightened one?

/jarmo

jarmo, aren't you slightly off-topic?

why do you have to contribute absolutely nothing to these conversations but off-topic snarky remarks about this person/that person?

?i'm sorry, but for the past two weeks, this site has become nothing more than a battle ground for the most tiresome debates of who's a fan/non-fan, and whether any of us have a right to complain...and instead of helping you just antagonize and fuel the fire...

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2007, 09:18:49 PM »

part of the problem is that axl pissed off the record label so much that they cut off funding for the album long ago so he had to go on tour twice for CD just to have money to continue recording, and he has tried hard to cover that up for a long time. If he was up front with that, many of us including myself would have been cool with it. Another part of the problem seems to be that he now has to re-negotiate the record deal that he screwed up with all of the delyas, and that may take a while, and he isn't telling us much about that either.
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2007, 09:23:22 PM »

/jarmo

jarmo, aren't you slightly off-topic?

why do you have to contribute absolutely nothing to these conversations but off-topic snarky remarks about this person/that person?

?i'm sorry, but for the past two weeks, this site has become nothing more than a battle ground for the most tiresome debates of who's a fan/non-fan, and whether any of us have a right to complain...and instead of helping you just antagonize and fuel the fire...

well, I guess it's just getting more and more difficult for jarmo and others to defend the lack of a CD release date by now.
DethRose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2007, 09:23:31 PM »

I love GNR and cant wait for the new album (if it does get released), but they deserve the bad press. ?They totally leave all their fans in the dark. No other bands are like this. If they couldnt get it out by the 6th thats fine but if they announce this big tentative release date they could at least give an update when the deadline starts to get close, not let it pass by with no one knowing what the hell is going on. They especially need to keep people informed because their reputation is so bad as it is for being full of shit, now they are just providing more fuel for the fire.

Just my opinion but already today i heard alot of people making fun of GNR at school, as well as the local radio station.
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2007, 09:25:21 PM »

this is really getting old

hard to stick up for Axl and the gunners if he keeps this up

turning into a joke

like the boy who cried wolf

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #237 on: March 06, 2007, 09:26:49 PM »

I mean if you knew the album was not going to come out or felt ?it wasn't whats the point of bitching now, so you can say I told you so?

It was tentative release date...

Yes maybe Axl should have informed us instead of Del but you still got informed did ya not?

The Fuck you Axl side and the Fuck yeah Axl side, WAR is getting annoying.

Why can't we just agree to disagree. Instead of going on and on how one side is right and the other is full of fornication shit...

Why don't we just stop making the same posts over and over and debate about other shit....

Fuck All Y'all
LanceLazer
Opening Act

Beers, Boobs n Rock & Roll!

« Reply #238 on: March 06, 2007, 09:28:50 PM »

/jarmo

quality means a lot,but don't go saying thath the beatles didn't have to do the things that bands today have to do so they had it easier somehow to make an album, the beatles had it much harder and did it much better than most of todays bands, and in less time.

Bullshit... they got to ride on their fame from being the biggest band in the world in their early days - promotion didn't even need to happen, they had the name. They stopped TOURING - man, that's so hard to do, NOT. If you want to point out someone who did it well and quickly, look at Creedence - 3 brilliant albums in the one year.

But not everyone works that way.

http://www.myspace.com/lancelazer

...God have mercy on the man
Who doubts what he's sure of...
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2007, 09:32:12 PM »

the Tuesday game was funner than the Tentative Release Date.
at least the Tuesday Game had the thrilling conclusion of Merck getting fired.
no thrilling conclusion here.

I hope next we get to play the "guess-a-decade" game.
Or maybe the "how many o's are in the word 'soon'" game.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: