Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:18:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120372 times)
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2007, 04:40:36 PM »

Seriously.....do these people not know the meaning of "tentative" or did they just not see it Roll Eyes

You guys gotta stop with the tentative shit.. obviously if your not a fan like us, and dont go on this site, you will have no idea it was 'tentative' none of my friends knew it was tentative until i told them, and a lot of people had no idea the CD was even given the march 6th tentative release date. Stop saying that these people are stupid and shit... they are just stating the obvious, love him or hate him, Axl has taken a damn long time to release this album, and some people are pissed rightfully so, im choosing to be patient and wait, but i respect those who cant be patient, cuz this many years is a long wait for something which has been promised long before 2007.

It was obvious they were gonna bitch.. and they are.. obviously some people are like eric cartman and cannot wait till its released.. like the nintendo Wii for example, and may freeze themselves (you gotta see south park to appreciate this one.. lol).. but hey.. whatever it takes to get CD.. right?

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2007, 04:42:03 PM »

Some members in NewGnR have been in gnr for going on 10 years....is it safe to say they should know each other musically, personally and professionally?

That's another reason I'm optimistic about CD.  If it weren't likely to ever happen, I can't imagine these great musicians sticking around, just for the Hell of it. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2007, 04:42:25 PM »

cmon. I dont mind the album being late...
they can work for all eternity on it and not release it. it's their right.

but purposely lying to us is something I'm not encuraging.
everybody knew the album wasnt coming out as soon as we read the word "tentative".
and the "not a promise, guarantee or lie" part is ridicules.
if it aint a promise or a lie, than what the fuck is it?! Its nothing. might as well said june 19.2052...
it's as probably as march 6th was.

I don?t think we?ve been lied on purpose. What I think is that maybe Axl gave us the March 6 date because he/the band thought that it could be released in that date and used the word "Tentative" just in case something could happen that could provoke a delay.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2007, 04:43:39 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Neemo on Today at 04:28:37 PM
Some members in NewGnR have been in gnr for going on 10 years....is it safe to say they should know each other musically, personally and professionally?

That's another reason I'm optimistic about CD.  If it weren't likely to ever happen, I can't imagine these great musicians sticking around, just for the Hell of it. 

I've got one thing to say to that:

$$$

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2007, 04:46:46 PM »

Hmmmm.  So, apparently MTV did not report on today being the (tentative) release date.  Odd.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2007, 05:03:06 PM »

The clusterfuck really began last year when they didn't tell us in September last year when they knew the album was not coming out in 2006 but avoided telling us until the last second in late December to save the U.S. tour from failing.

That left Axl in a shitty spot because he went out of his way twice to let the world know the album was coming out last year, and failing to deliver given his history was obviously not going to go over well.

Telling us before the tour that the album wasn't coming out would have significantly deflated ticket sales as there was a lot of optimism and positive buzz among fans and the general public that 06 really was the year. That was not a viable option.

So he was left having to keep the facade up that things were still going as scheduled, all the while knowing that CD was a no go. When it came time to release the letter confirming no CD, had he not offered some glimmer of hope ( a release date) even the staunchest HTGTH supporters might have felt significantly betrayed. By giving people the "tenative" date of March 06, he took the sting away from not getting CD for Christmas because March was only 3 months away.

He probably knew that date was overly optimistic, but had he said June or no date at all he would have lost what little good will be gained by at least making it seem just on the horizon.

So he basically was in a no win position that was not entirely of his creation, but that he was going to be the one to take the fall for. Much like "The boy who cried wolf" tale, people may be a little more understanding of his situation now that was somewhat beyond his control had he handled previous situations a little better. He needed to goto the goodwill resevior last winter when he was in a real pickel, but had used it all up.....to which he ultimately has no one but himself to blame.

Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »

well where is axl's letter to tell us why the album is not out, until he starts telling some truth 2 things are gonna stick to axl rose
1. he's a liar
2. he can't make an album without slash n duff!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2007, 05:05:56 PM »

I have no idea how having no album out affects ticket sales. I mean most fans are going to guns n roses to hear the classics anyways .. on top of that , the band plays 6 or more songs from democracy at almost every show.

Bleh!

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2007, 05:09:25 PM »

I have no idea how having no album out affects ticket sales. I mean most fans are going to guns n roses to hear the classics anyways .. on top of that , the band plays 6 or more songs from democracy at almost every show.

Bleh!

If it was called the Chinese Democracy Tour.

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »

I don?t think we?ve been lied on purpose. What I think is that maybe Axl gave us the March 6 date because he/the band thought that it could be released in that date and used the word "Tentative" just in case something could happen that could provoke a delay

I don't think we've been lied to at all. ?

The evidence says that its was a tentitive date and the recent comments on the offical site have stated the recording has been done, but due to a number of issues has caused a delay. ?They haven't stated another date, because the whole thing would be stupid if another tentive date was announced, the next statement about the status will be a definate release date, lessons have been learned.

The shit that goes down every time something doesn't go to plan, ?the more fed up people get and start bitchin. ?The bitchin starts because the tooth fairy hasn't come up with the prize, well get this there ain't a tooth fairy, only human beings and some are punctual and others not. ?

Guns n' Roses are carrying forward their work ethic that they put into playing live, they want it to be right, they want to do a job well, and thats a quality worthy of respect. ?When its done, its done, and life will continue in the same way as before its release, excepting there will be new tunes on my ipod...

In concert speak, the albums at the sound checks point just before the show, anticipation is growing and its lights down very soon me thinks.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2007, 05:18:02 PM »

Bleh!

Hello? They could've called it the "Escape From The Studio - part two" tour and people would've bought tickets based on the fact that it's GN'R.

It's not like GN'R is the only band touring before their new album is in the shops.

Metallica seems to do it every summer.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2007, 05:20:56 PM »

I think it's been mentioned previously, but why is the recent update coming from Del James? ?I mean I refuse to believe that this is the right way to handle these situations. ?I would like to think that Axl is smart enough to come up with that kind of update (pretty simple) on his own and sign it, but then again maybe not? Also I remember reading all of these things on how Axl wanted to modernize the band,etc. So why don't they communicate with fans on myspace and other things like that, like pretty much all bands who want to be successful these days. ?

I really hope that Chinese Democracy is great and I'm willing to wait for it, But it's (and has been for a long time) getting a little out of hand. ?I firmly believe that a person with some balls could get Axl in the studio and he could make a great record in 6 months. ?It all just seems like such a waste of TIME when you really think about it. ?Remember Axl's Rant before WTTJ in Chicago 1992, "SEEMS TO ME LIKE YOU"RE WASTING YOUR OWN GOD DAMN TIME THOUGH, AND THAT's ANOTHER PROBLEM, WE ALL THINK WE GOT SO MUCH FUCKING TIME, WE AIN'T GOT NO GOD DAMN TIME, WE AIN'T GOT NO TIME TO WASTE AT ALL"

He Should Take His Own GOD DAMN Advice!!!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2007, 05:21:47 PM »

It's not like GN'R is the only band touring before their new album is in the shops.

It is pretty safe to say that GNR's situation is drastically different from that of other bands doing the same thing.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »

It is pretty safe to say that GNR's situation is drastically different from that of other bands doing the same thing.

how can it be different from doing the same thing?? Huh

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2007, 05:25:13 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 05:09:25 PM

Bleh!

Hello? They could've called it the "Escape From The Studio - part two" tour and people would've bought tickets based on the fact that it's GN'R.

Metallica seems to do it every summer.

/jarmo

Well, that would be true if they hadn't gone on a Chinese Democracy Tour a couple of years prior.

I don't know. ?I probably would have gone either way. ?I had a great time last year AND in 2002 (more so last year, though). ?Although, I can see SOME people going to the shows thinking this was a show to promote an album that was coming out very soon. ?You know, normal people who don't spend countless hours trolling fansites about the band.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:29:39 PM by Danny » Logged

KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2007, 05:33:45 PM »

If your going to say 'this is a tentative date but if anything changes you'll know about it'... it's hardly an effort to do so. Nobody really thought the 6th was ever going to happen... but how hard is it to say 'yeah we're mixing' or 'sorry folks I've decided this is going to take another 10 years'? I completly support the idea of this being Axl's project and it's soley up to him if/or when he releases it... but I don't understand why he'd say one thing then do another. The man just insists on leaving himself open for a kick in the balls at every opportunity. And of course, they'll be the usual line of people waiting to do so.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2007, 05:35:05 PM »

cmon. I dont mind the album being late...
they can work for all eternity on it and not release it. it's their right.

but purposely lying to us is something I'm not encuraging.
everybody knew the album wasnt coming out as soon as we read the word "tentative".
and the "not a promise, guarantee or lie" part is ridicules.
if it aint a promise or a lie, than what the fuck is it?! Its nothing. might as well said june 19.2052...
it's as probably as march 6th was.

I don?t think we?ve been lied on purpose. What I think is that maybe Axl gave us the March 6 date because he/the band thought that it could be released in that date and used the word "Tentative" just in case something could happen that could provoke a delay.

I agree with that too. ?I don't think Axl lied. ?I think he's been trying very hard to get this album out -- as much for himself as for the fans. ?

The point is, his management (?) does an awful job of articulating things to their fans. ? Axl obviously put a lot into his "Open letter." ?Because of that, the fans rallied. ?We kept our spirits up. ?Then March 6th rolls around, and what do we get... a couple of sentences from Axl's "writer" buddy? ?

I had the good fortune of getting to talk to Axl for a while a few weeks ago. ?Because of that, I feel like I have some kind of understanding of how difficult this process has been for him. ?Unfortunately, because he chooses to run the GnR name with such poor PR, 99.99999999999 percent of his fans will never get that chance to see that side of Axl.  Instead, they just feel they've been lied to and dicked over again.

There's such a massive and COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY communication problem between Guns N' Roses and their fans. ?It's really unfortuante. ?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:36:58 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2007, 05:38:27 PM »

how can it be different from doing the same thing?

Well, if we are to believe that this incarnation of GNR is anything more than a glorified cover band they need to release an album of their own material and get out there and build a brand.

When established acts tour in support of nothing it is a nostalgia show where they are playing the bands greatest hits.

When GNR does it with no new album out in stores for going on 15 years now with only 1 remaining member of the band it is a glorified cover show. Really no different than Roger Waters playing his rendition of Darkside of the Moon last year.

The difference in these scenarios is that GNR is claiming not to be a cover act or nostalgia band, yet not doing anything proactive to build their own brand. The public looks at it for what it is, and without any new material or album to advertise it is not doing anything productive for the band given their situation and the negative perception they have to overcome.

Had GNR made it clear to the public that the Chinese Democracy Part II world tour was an AFD tribute and not related to the new album, then I would buy the argument that it is no different than Metallica. But when Metallica went on the St. Anger world tour, it was to promote an album. When they headline a generic festival, it is a nostalgia show, that works only because 75% of the line-up was present for the creation for most of the songs they are playing.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2007, 05:43:25 PM »

[quoteI had the good fortune of getting to talk to Axl for a while a few weeks ago.  Because of that, I feel like I have some kind of understanding of how difficult this process has been for him.  Unfortunately, because he chooses to run the GnR name with such poor PR, 99.99999999999 percent of his fans will never get that chance to see that side of Axl.  Instead, they just feel they've been lied to and dicked over again.

There's such a massive and COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY communication problem between Guns N' Roses and their fans.  It's really unfortuante.  ]

You hit the nail 100% on the head. He gets the poor press he does because he does nothing to stop it. It's like the litte kid who keeps putting his hand on the stove and complaing about getting burned when you've told him repeatedly that he wouldn't get burned anymore if he stopped putting his hand on the stove. There comes a certain point that you no longer feel bad for someone who seems to purposely sabatoge their life when there is a clear alternative that would alleviate all the stress and suffering.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2007, 05:43:59 PM »

the bands been together long enough to be established, but you got a point......
maybe im a bit pissed at the band and im being negative for the sake of it.......... ?Sad

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: