Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120371 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2007, 03:06:09 PM »

I understand your point Freedom78, as it was never stated as THE date, but then it again it wasn't "anybody can post a blog claiming they know something" unless you consider Axl anybody?

Fair enough.  I wasn't referring to the source (Axl) as much as to the basic idea that certain things get twisted very easily, and it went from a "tentative" date, which Axl said wasn't a promise, to "THE" date, according to over-excitable news outlets (at first) and GNR hating news outlets, who want to bash the band for not living up to the release date (more recently). 

For example, look at that story from the Houston Chronicle, talked about on here the other day:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=43912.0

It doesn't note that the band was shooting for that date, or that it was tentative...only that it was a release date.  It also neglects to mention any news, such as recording being finished.  I don't know the author's work, nor his biases, but I DO know that he quickly discards the word "tentative" or the idea that the tentative date was not a promise, for his own purposes, which appear to be the presentation of a bunch of other new music, being released on March 6th.

If Axl came out tomorrow and announced a new release date, "plus or minus a week," some would latch onto the date, and ignore the "plus or minus" part, because it suits their purposes to:

a) report the news, despite possible inaccuracies, as quickly as possible
b) to have an excuse to criticize those on whom they report

After this long, another month or two means little, really, except to those who make their living off of others' perceived failures.  They're fucking vultures looking for a carcass, and the fact that they haven't found one doesn't prevent them from acting as if they have.     
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:08:11 PM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrpukie500
Opening Act

Fernando is a lucky SOB...

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2007, 03:11:57 PM »

I understand your point Freedom78, as it was never stated as THE date, but then it again it wasn't "anybody can post a blog claiming they know something" unless you consider Axl anybody?

Fair enough. I wasn't referring to the source (Axl) as much as to the basic idea that certain things get twisted very easily, and it went from a "tentative" date, which Axl said wasn't a promise, to "THE" date, according to over-excitable news outlets (at first) and GNR hating news outlets, who want to bash the band for not living up to the release date (more recently).

For example, look at that story from the Houston Chronicle, talked about on here the other day:

It doesn't note that the band was shooting for that date, or that it was tentative...only that it was a release date. It also neglects to mention any news, such as recording being finished. I don't know the author's work, nor his biases, but I DO know that he quickly discards the word "tentative" or the idea that the tentative date was not a promise, for his own purposes, which appear to be the presentation of a bunch of other new music, being released on March 6th.

If Axl came out tomorrow and announced a new release date, "plus or minus a week," some would latch onto the date, and ignore the "plus or minus" part, because it suits their purposes to:

After this long, another month or two means little, really, except to those who make their living off of others' perceived failures. They're fucking vultures looking for a carcass, and the fact that they haven't found one doesn't prevent them from acting as if they have.

I couldn't agree more; although I believe that sensationalism in the news far exceeds the world of Axl Rose.  Stories like this are the norm in journalism today and not the exception, regardless of the topic.  People want to read everything in black and white, stories in grey are unexciting and don't sell, and thus don't get written.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2007, 03:13:47 PM »

Fair enough.  I wasn't referring to the source (Axl) as much as to the basic idea that certain things get twisted very easily, and it went from a "tentative" date, which Axl said wasn't a promise, to "THE" date, according to over-excitable news outlets (at first) and GNR hating news outlets, who want to bash the band for not living up to the release date (more recently). 

It doesn't note that the band was shooting for that date, or that it was tentative...only that it was a release date.  It also neglects to mention any news, such as recording being finished.  I don't know the author's work, nor his biases, but I DO know that he quickly discards the word "tentative" or the idea that the tentative date was not a promise, for his own purposes, which appear to be the presentation of a bunch of other new music, being released on March 6th.

After this long, another month or two means little, really, except to those who make their living off of others' perceived failures.  They're fucking vultures looking for a carcass, and the fact that they haven't found one doesn't prevent them from acting as if they have.     

Agreed. I guess its just the popular thing to do to bash Axl and write stories with no truth or merit to back them up. It's sad really.

But like Merck once said, Axl will have the last laugh.
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2007, 03:19:09 PM »

Can anybody say the boy who cried wolf? hihi

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2007, 03:21:57 PM »

Why? Its not like they didnt tell us it wasnt coming out today. If they just let March 6th come without an update or the album coming out, then maybe. But we were fully aware of the fact that the record was not going to be out today.
JimMorrison4
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »

Just because Axl used the word "tentative" doesn't make it excusable that the cd was delayed AGAIN.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2007, 03:24:20 PM »

Just because Axl used the word "tentative" doesn't make it excusable that the cd was delayed AGAIN.

Sure it does...that's what tentative means!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2007, 03:24:59 PM »

Why? Its not like they didnt tell us it wasnt coming out today. If they just let March 6th come without an update or the album coming out, then maybe. But we were fully aware of the fact that the record was not going to be out today.

Haha yeah man I know.I knew the album wouldn't be out today..I'm fine with that.Life goes on.I'll still be happy when its out.
 I'm just saying..doesn't this whole thing almost/kind of remind you of that story hihi

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2007, 03:26:18 PM »

'Chinese Democracy'

The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed. Drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal integrated themselves into the recordings seamlessly and will have their presence felt.

There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along.

Take care,
Del James

You Understand, Truth?

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2007, 03:27:24 PM »

When was the album ever delayed. They had never set a date for the record before, this was the first time. Just because you believed in dates and shit that were made up doesnt mean that it was delayed. The album has never been delayed until now, it just hasnt been finished.

And for the record, Axl said that it wasnt a promise, a lie, or a guarantee. Maybe you should look up the word tentative.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:30:39 PM by tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2007, 03:28:45 PM »

this thread is going in circles hihi

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2007, 03:35:02 PM »

this thread is going in circles hihi

What?  In his letter, Axl said that the controversy over the tentative release date would be discussed in a thread, tentatively set to go in ovals!  Circles?!?!  I'm so fuckin' pissed...

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2007, 03:39:59 PM »

haha technically an oval is a circle..sorta..its just squished a bit...

regardless that part of his staement wasnt very clear it could be interpretted in many ways. Besides the structure of the thread was tentative....you should look up the definition so you know what it means rofl

TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2007, 03:44:43 PM »

Sure it does...that's what tentative means!

So Axl announced this date for shits and giggles? Don't think so.

Axl will not be using the word tentative again when it comes to a release date for CD. This is a garauntee.  ok
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2007, 03:49:19 PM »

haha technically an oval is a circle..sorta..its just squished a bit...

Circle - "A plane curve everywhere equidistant from a given fixed point, the center."

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2007, 03:50:29 PM »

Bottom line is this:

Axl said March 6th is a tentative release date which is no promise or guarantee of the album.

To us that means: We're well on our way to finishing, we're aiming for March 6th, but it may take a little bit longer.

Since then we had an update telling us the album is being mixed and therefore, obviously, we knew it wouldn't be out March 6th, and it will take a little bit longer.

What have GNR done wrong?

Remember, this thread is about the whole March 6th thing. Since that open letter, GNR have kept us informed of what's going on and haven't broken any promise or mislead anyone.

Soooo..... WHAT'S THE MOANING ABOUT?

People moaning about how long they've had to wait for the record etc is fine, but the point Jarmo was probably making is we don't have to have all this moaning and complaining in every thread. We've had years to moan about how long the album's taken, and yet the recent updates we've had which have been fair and accurate and informative seem to give people another reason to whine on about the same thing again. What's the point?

@#$%Funker

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2007, 04:00:27 PM »

Soooo..... WHAT'S THE MOANING ABOUT?

to make us frustrated?

What's really frustrating here is the bitchy empty knowitalls importunating thread after thread with their never-ending complaints.

How many of these whingers and constant axl bashers went to a gnr show last year, I wonder.

Frustration about cd should be posted in that thread.
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2007, 04:04:37 PM »

people need to be more patient, the album is soooooooo close to being out from what we know

people moaning that theyve been duped have been incredibly naive, Axl said it was a tentative release date, and with the setbacks and all the BS thats dogged this album's release its hardly surprising that its been put back again

the recording is finished, the album is being/has been mixed, and the band has been touring extensively to raise their profile.  Chill out and just wait a little bit longer!

peace

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2007, 04:05:41 PM »

Isn't it obvious? People are dying to hear Chinese Democracy...  ok

i don't think so.
they've been picking on Axl when he had a handful of releases circulating around, and when he was topping the charts too....
the media just love to rip this guy.....i'm not so sure as to why...
Because he's a redneck from Indiana?

Wait...the media slams him because he's from Indiana?

Or...he's from Indiana, therefore a redneck, and therefore worthy of contempt?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »

Who needs Guns N' Roses when there's Korn, the Arcade Fire and even Notorious B.I.G. to fry up the record racks?

Axl and his motley crew were set to deliver their Chinese Democracy Tuesday (March 6), but if you actually bought that notion, shame on you for believing him for the umpteenth time. In lieu of Rose's failed Democracy, we're building a new one that endorses a set of new leaders ? well, for this week, at least ? and designing a newfangled Bill of Rights to boot. Care to vote in this new democracy? Just kindly hand over your ballot ? i.e., money ? to your favorite local record store cashier or online retail outlet.

I wish we here something directly from Axl so we can quite seeing these type of responses.? I still say it has to come out before the tour but I doubt that is possible.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: