Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:29:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 129117 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2007, 12:35:21 PM »

im not to worried about it smoking

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2007, 12:37:12 PM »

im not to worried about it smoking

nor am i really....like jarmo said the album is mixing and there is still mastering to be done afterwards..we got a few months of waiting still at least....

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »

I bet all the people who started threads "how many weeks/days/hours to March 6" feel silly now.
As for me, the only reason that March 6 is important is ?because it is the anniversary of my dad's death.
Other than that, it is just another day.
Some people seriously need to get a life beyond waiting for CD to be released.
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »

tentative ?
 ?

Main Entry: ten?ta?tive ?
Pronunciation: \ˈten-tə-tiv\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Medieval Latin tentativus, from Latin tentatus, past participle of tentare, temptare to feel, try
Date: 1626
1 : not fully worked out or developed <tentative plans>
2 : hesitant, uncertain <a tentative smile>
? tentative noun
? ten?ta?tive?ly adverb
? ten?ta?tive?ness noun

there so we should have known that the date was never gonna work out Tongue

why not say something like....

"today was pretty eventful. we finished finally finished mixing better (it took us a week to do it though) and then we started on IRS....however Mixing this track is going even slower ....i'll let you know next week where we stand."

just an update like that would show a bit of good faith to us fans and make us feel apreciated....at least i'd really enjoy reading updates like that and it took me about 20 seconds to type Tongue i think that this is what many people that complain are after too...not a exact date given...just a progress report...anyway its all well wishing...axl has never and i doubt he will ever keep us up to date in this fashion...but like i said I'd enjoy reading them emensly and i'm sure evereybody else would too.

Here's a progress report: The band is currently mixing the album. Cheesy

Your updates have one big flaw: Everything would be over-analyzed.

/jarmo

its not really a flaw though cuz each week or 2 we get a new one so we know where things stand...besides overanalyzing real statements beats the hell outta 500 HMV dates and axl vs slash debates....or maybe its just me

Why Thanx Neemo......that was faster than a rabbit on roller skates!!!! Apparently many people aren't aquainted with the word......!!!!!

OK RATIONALLY PEOPLE............No, Album is NOT out, we have established that, but did you die? ? NO

did your dog start foaming at the mouth or humping your leg nonstop? ?NO

Get a fucking GRIP on the situation...good things are worth waiting for.............

It will cause you NO bodily harm that the recording isn't out yet and we HAVE gotten updates........so stop fucking whining!!!

EVERTHING IN THE WORLD WILL NOT TURN OUT YOUR WAY!!!!!!! FACT!

and quite frankly I am sick and tired of all the belleyaching and whining going on here.....If you want it YOUR way go to FKN McDonalds.......

Life is a bitch ain't it?

WARCHILD

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2007, 12:41:55 PM »

Yeah, fans who think they are constantly being lied to by the band.

Why do they even stick around?

Everything about GN'R is so horrible: No album, the shows start late, they don't play the songs you want to hear, they don't post blogs about what they did today and everytime they say something we can be sure that it's just lies. Horrible!

Roll Eyes

Well, you don't understand.? There are mysterious legal and scheduling issues that nobody knows anything about and probably never will.

Maybe you got a fax with the explanation already?

The album has been recoded, mixing and mastering is left before they can set a release date and you're all crying because it's not out today (the tentative release date).

What a bunch of crybabies.

/jarmo

Guns is my favorite band of all time ?..I stuck by Axl and  the new band when almost everyone I know called it a joke, I talked it up I knew it was still amazing because of Axl and his vision. I got put down and laughed at by these people I argued for ever about how good this band is how the album is going to be incredible and how it will actually come out, I swayed these people to come see the new band and I got somewhere everyone was blown away ?.but they all want a new record I kept bragging that it will come out and Axl would finally prove them wrong and prove  what I had said top be true ?.time after time I was left with egg on my face?.it is frustrating we all know that if you don?t think so then you aren?t much of a fan. Im still defending because I still believe the album will be amazing and yes I want to hear it for myself. I?m saying prove me right prove yourself right and put it out.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2007, 12:45:50 PM »

One thing that we can ALL agree on (or you should) is that this whole thing has become a F'ing joke! ?I honestly don't give a fuck what things are going on behind the scenes, after this much time, this album should be out or out of respect for the fans we should have been told what the F' the hold up is (That's a 7 year hold up, considering a lot of the demos we've heard have been around since 1999). And for those people who are saying that this is "Axl's album he can release it whenever he wants", you're actually wrong. ?When a record label spends as much as they have on an album, as is the case with Chinese Democracy, you can bet that they own the majority of the royalties (or will). ?The people (public) gave Axl his whole life of fame and wealth, then we allowed him years to get his shit together, now it's time he starts giving again!!! IMO
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2007, 12:46:18 PM »

Yeah, fans who think they are constantly being lied to by the band.

Why do they even stick around?

Everything about GN'R is so horrible: No album, the shows start late, they don't play the songs you want to hear, they don't post blogs about what they did today and everytime they say something we can be sure that it's just lies. Horrible!

Quote from: Danny on Today at 12:21:19 PM
Well, you don't understand. ?There are mysterious legal and scheduling issues that nobody knows anything about and probably never will.

Maybe you got a fax with the explanation already?

The album has been recoded, mixing and mastering is left before they can set a release date and you're all crying because it's not out today (the tentative release date).

What a bunch of crybabies.

/jarmo

Dude, you are making a really big, ugly assumtion here. ?You are assuming that there are two types of people around here: people who complain about everything Axl and this band does and people who love everything Axl and this band does. ?That's just not the case and it's sad that you would be so prejudiced in thinking that it is. ?For example, I LOVED the shows...I attended one last year and thought it was the best concert I ever attended. ?I even thought the setlist kicked a whole lot of ass.

And we stick around (or at least I do) because the music has had some sort of connection with us in the past. ?We are hoping and praying that this connection is made again, but we are getting frustrated at the fact that it's been 14 years of waiting to make that connection. ?When I first listened to TSI, not only did I love it, but I was also excited at the anticipation of more to come. ?That was 14 years ago. ?That can't be ignored. ?It just can't.

And for the record, I'm not crying that the album isn't out today. ?I'm crying because it's not out today and we have no clue whatsoever as to WHY it's out today. ?All I can do is speculate. ?I'm really trying to put the best face on this as humanly possible because I do love the band and the music so much, but they sure as hell make it tough. ?You can't seriously tell me that it's not entirely possible or even LIKELY that we'll be having this same conversation a year from now. ?You just can't.

Now that I've said all that, I would like to give my own theory about what the "problem" is. ?I've thought about this for some time now, but this is the first time I've ever said. ?I think the problem is with Axl's mental health. ?Now, before everyone spazzes out at me please understand that I am in no way insulting the man here. ?It's not his fault...it's some "condition" that he has. ?It has been wel documented in the past that Axl has had mental issues. ?He may be suffering from some sort of weird depression/compulsive liar hybrid that causes him to not only not complete this album, but to not have the mental stability to blame himself for anything. ?When was the last time that he took 100% of the blame for anything? ?Ever? ?I don't think so. ?I just don't think he can do it. ?I don't think he has the ability to do it. ?Just like I'm wondering if he has the ability to complete something that's basically his project and his project alone. ?It's not his fault. ?He can't help the mental state he's in. ?I may be at a point right now where I pity him more than anything else. ?Not because so many people are coming down on him, but because he just isn't stable enough to function like a normal person. ?It's sad, really. ?I have a friend that I have known since high school. ?When we were kids he worked ?paper routes AND went to school and was a good, functioning member of society. ?At one point after graduating, he suffered from bouts of depression and mental illness. ?For the last decade, he hasn't worked and has basically become a ward of the state. ? He's always talking about going out and getting a job and big plans that he has, but he never follows through with any of them. ?Basically, because he doesn't have to (he is a big time welfare recipient) and because he just doesn't have the mental ability to take that big leap. ?I think Axl is like that in alot of ways. ?I think he can't do it because he's got a butt-load of money that gives him the ability to basically not do anything, and because he has a mental condition that he may or may not be aware of that just doesn't give him the proper drive. ?It probably doesn't help that he's surrounded by yes-men with their hands out letting him do whatever he wants.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2007, 12:50:40 PM »

I don't understand the need to bitch about March 6th. Axl never said it was going to be out that day. He said it was a tentative date.

Key word is tentative. 

People need to really pay attention when Axl speaks and not try and interpret what he says to their own liking.

I think everyone should just chill and it'll be out when it's ready. peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2007, 12:50:47 PM »

I'm not a true fan because I refuse to let other peoples' opinion about me actually affect me?

Right...

Unlike you, who only gets laughed at by your friends, I even get laughed at Internet tough guys who happen to be fellow GN'R fans.  peace

If Axl says the album is coming, I believe it's coming. If he says March 6th is a tentative date, I believe him.

I guess that's the difference. I don't take everything so seriously and start pointing fingers if things get pushed back from a tentative release date.

GN'R fans get laughed at by other people. But who cares?

There's people who are happy to listen to crap that the record companies and MTV force feed them. That's their choice. I guess it's more important to be accepted, and listen to the right "cool" bands, instead of listening to what you actually like and believe in.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2007, 12:51:35 PM »

When Del released that brief note, it seemed a foregone conclusion that the album wouldn't be released today, so I'm not clear on why the Axl haters are doing their war dance now. 

I would like to see more frequent updates from the GNR camp, but getting them doesn't make the album come about any quicker.  I do hope no more "tentative" dates are announced, as people want to crucify the band when there are delays.   

As for me, the only reason that March 6 is important is  because it is the anniversary of my dad's death.
Other than that, it is just another day.

I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope it isn't too difficult a day for you.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2007, 12:54:50 PM »

When Del released that brief note, it seemed a foregone conclusion that the album wouldn't be released today, so I'm not clear on why the Axl haters are doing their war dance now.?

i agree 100%...

I would like to see more frequent updates from the GNR camp, but getting them doesn't make the album come about any quicker.

it would just give us real info about our fav band to discuss instead of speculating all the bloddy time

I do hope no more "tentative" dates are announced, as people want to crucify the band when there are delays.   

i agree 100%....he should never have made the mar 6th date anyway IMO....I dont think it was ever going to be reached

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2007, 12:55:16 PM »

Here's a progress report: The band is currently mixing the album.?

Your updates have one big flaw: Everything would be over-analyzed.

/jarmo

I aggree.? They shouldn't have "updated" us in December or two weeks ago.

how ungrateful can you get?
you people should be ashamed of yourselves
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2007, 12:57:34 PM »

And for the record, I'm not crying that the album isn't out today.  I'm crying because it's not out today and we have no clue whatsoever as to WHY it's out today. 

Because it's not mixed yet!

Axl said he was gonna do some minor work on it and cancelled the January shows in order to take care of that.

What some of you seem to fail to realize is that Axl did exactly what he said he was gonna do. They did the recording.

Now, in a project like this there's a bunch of people who are involved. You need to get studios booked, you need to get the right people into the studio etc etc.

All it takes is for one of the pieces to fall out and the project is halted.

It's not all about Axl.

Why can't you see that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2007, 12:58:13 PM »

Jarmo --

You shouldn't start name calling. ?You may be perfectly happy to wait forever for CD and accept any excuse (or no excuse at all), but it's really not fair for you to expect every single person on the face of this Earth to mimic you're feelings on the matter.

If they want to get pissed off about it, let 'em. ?It's their right. ?But calling them "crybabies?" ?Seriously?

Even Axl himself said he can understand why people would be pissed off. ?In the open letter, he said if it got people worked up, they should take a little break from GnR and get back into it when the album comes out. ?Don't go all Del James on people just because they've been mislead and disappointed yet again.

If they're like me, they've spent their adult lives defending an artist who makes no art and exhibits contempt for his fans (either intentionally or unintentionally). ?Even if you're personally okay with that, I think it's perfectly understandable why others wouldn't be.

Just say you love Axl and you have no problem waiting. ?But I really don't think it's necessary for you to start mocking your forum regulars as "crybabies" for not feeling the same way you do about everything.

Be positive!!! ?

In the mean time, there's a lot of great work by the individual members of this band that we can all enjoy. ?I've gotten into Pitman. ?I can listen to Zaum, Replicants, and Lusk. ?Between those bands, I've found plenty of good music to hold me over until CD finally starts. ?

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2007, 01:01:35 PM »

Jarmo --

You shouldn't start name calling.  You may be perfectly happy to wait forever for CD and accept any excuse (or no excuse at all), but it's really not fair for you to expect every single person on the face of this Earth to mimic you're feelings on the matter.

If they want to get pissed off about it, let 'em.  It's their right.  But calling them "crybabies?"  Seriously?

It's because I see a bunch of people constantly whining about something. It might not be the same persons, but there's always something to complain about.

We all know it's being worked on. We all know it's gonna be out as soon as possible.

Still, that's not good enough....

Glad you could work in a Chris reference into this thread.  ok

/jarmo

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2007, 01:04:38 PM »

No one needs to speculate.

Universal are the ones who are going to set the release date. The only way they will do that is if they have a fully mixed, fully mastered, Artwork copy of Chinese Democracy sitting on their execs desks. Once they have it in that form they will open up discussions about a release date, get their people on it and release money for marketing and promo.

The track record of this project and Axl's on off relationship with the record company have got us to where we are today. Universal have had too many promised release dates come and go for them to just set Axl a target and hope he meets it, no matter how optimistic it is. They know that Axl is a wildcard and they arent about to play another round of the game they have been playing since 96. When they cut him off financially that was the end of Universal having any confidence in Axl's ability to deliver. They are not going to do ANYTHING until they know that it is COMPLETLY done!

That is why you dont have a release date, and why we wont have a release date until everything is finished. Its being mixed, we know that, when Mixing is done we will probably get another update informing us that it is now in the hands of the record company and when they set a date Guns n Roses will tell us.

That is how it will happen

Jonx
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2007, 01:08:17 PM »

Jarmo --

You shouldn't start name calling.? You may be perfectly happy to wait forever for CD and accept any excuse (or no excuse at all), but it's really not fair for you to expect every single person on the face of this Earth to mimic you're feelings on the matter.

If they want to get pissed off about it, let 'em.? It's their right.? But calling them "crybabies?"? Seriously?

It's because I see a bunch of people constantly whining about something. It might not be the same persons, but there's always something to complain about.

We all know it's being worked on. We all know it's gonna be out as soon as possible.

Still, that's not good enough....

Glad you could work in a Chris reference into this thread.? ok

/jarmo

if you look carefully jarmo, i think many have moved away from one dimensional bitchin bout this not bein the day, coz theyre not stupid - they new it was highly unlikely.

a lot of the discussion is bout whether axl has said exactly the right things at the right times. it has, im afraid, become obvious to me that he has not. i refer you back to the argument by one or 2 folks who say he now looks inconsistent with the 2006 promises, and that these could have been prevented by him.

despite your assertion, im afraid it really is all about axl in my eyes. but then thats coz im prepared to take on board the word of some people other than axl - that other statemnent i refered to earlier- and im aware of his form over the years - even before he began work on CD, back in the days of other incarnations of the band.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2007, 01:08:21 PM »

If Axl's mental state is so far gone, how the hell did he manage to complete a European and an American tour?

The reason that the album isn't out yet isn't because Axl can't do it, it's because Axl is under enormous pressure to make a good record.  Since most of the band has left, the entire media world will judge him on whether he made the right choice to continue to make records under the GNR moniker.  If it's just an average album then the world will throw tomatoes at him.  He needs it to be better than good.  That is why it has taken years of trying numerous ideas.  Many of the new band members (who have since left) had a hard time with this, this is the reason they ended up leaving.  But once they left, that meant Axl had to go back and re-record their parts.  No, he didn't have to do it.  But if he released a record with Buckethead being the lead guitarist even though BH wasn't in the band that would have looked bad,too.  (well, not to us but to the media)

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2007, 01:08:41 PM »

im just happy the recording is actually done, thats half the battle. a release date in the coming weeks is inevitable.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2007, 01:09:50 PM »

I thought it was mixed in 2002 or something like that...

Oh well, heres to 2008.  beer

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: