Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:13:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 121052 times)
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »

I think Axl should have said nothing.

Fuck em! Take your sweet time and release it whenever you want.

Trying to give fans some encouragement/info/etc is a waste of time.

I'll be happy whenever it comes out. No skin off my nose. Hell delay it another 6 months just to piss people off. I'd find that hilarious.

@#$%Funker

I aggree. ?I would'nt be nearly as dissappointed if he never gave us a tentative date...or a statement at all. ?Let's say that he said nothing in December. ?Let's say that we found out from Merck that he was no longer managing the band and that was it. ?No message from Axl, and maybe even no message from Del James. ?We would all have assumed (correctly) that it was Merck who screwed everything up and now it's going to take some time to get over that and release the album properly. ?Then we hear about new dates being scheduled. ?We would all be getting excited about that and we would all be assuming that the prior albums are probably going to be solved soon and we may know about the album soon. ?That statement was a bad, bad idea and the fact that Axl isn't owning up to it doesn't say much for his character. ?It makes it look like he doesn't care.

Look dude.... "I would'nt be nearly as dissappointed...."

Are you telling me that you expected something? I didn't expect shit. Thats why I'm not bothered that March 6th has come and gone.

The statement was a bad idea......... ?because people hang on every word and expect something when they know full well it's not gonna happen even when he says 'no guarantees', and 'tentative'.

It was good for me...... because it let me know that they were getting close to having it done, hopefully for March 6th. If not March 6th, then not long after. And that was the point of the stament, a point that still rings true.

@#$%Funker
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »

Axl gave us a tentative release date. He was wrong. Axl was quiet before the tentative release date. He also was wrong. Let's say that Axl will release the album on may 7th. He is wrong again because he should release 11h may. The truth is that you all bitching will keep bitching whatever that happens. That's sad. Really sad.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »

why not say something like....

"today was pretty eventful. we finished finally finished mixing better (it took us a week to do it though) and then we started on IRS....however Mixing this track is going even slower ....i'll let you know next week where we stand."

just an update like that would show a bit of good faith to us fans and make us feel apreciated....at least i'd really enjoy reading updates like that and it took me about 20 seconds to type Tongue i think that this is what many people that complain are after too...not a exact date given...just a progress report...anyway its all well wishing...axl has never and i doubt he will ever keep us up to date in this fashion...but like i said I'd enjoy reading them emensly and i'm sure evereybody else would too.

hell one of my favorite authors is sick with a potentially fatal desease and he updates once a month...the guy is bearely strong enough to stand and take a piss yet he lets his fans know his progress in fighting the illness..i mean c'mon

cb11214
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2007, 12:06:09 PM »

Is anyone able to translate this article?
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2007, 12:06:42 PM »

Your memory is quite bad. You don't seem to remember the "demands" for an update regarding the album's 2006 release....

/jarmo

I do remember them. ?But if the situation that I spelled out occured instead of Axl releasing the statement, I personally (along with a bunch of other people, probably) would have ASSUMED that Merck was the problem with 2006. ?Hell, I beleived that Merck was the problem up untill a couple of weeks ago.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »

Imagine this: You work on something, everything's going great, you think you'll be finished in time for a deadline you have set for yourself, you expect others to have things done in time because that's the plan. Then one day you find out that things aren't done. The things you thought were gonna be ready in time for your deadline can't get done because of various issues.

So all this time you've felt positive, optimistic and confident that you'd be able to make the deadline. Then one day you find out it's not gonna happen and it's not because of you. You could work 20 hours per day but it wouldn't make a difference because the rest of the work won't be done in time.

Then people would blame you for the delay.

How would you feel?

/jarmo

Well....
If your making real world comparisons
Well in the real world it doesn?t matter, you set a deadline you missed it. Nobody cares why its not done or who?s fault it is they are just pissed because you told them a date and you didn't hit it, you are responsible. its no ones fault but your own, you own up to the heat alot of time the reality is your peers and support lines loose confidence in you. Most likely.............your fired. That?s the real world.
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2007, 12:14:38 PM »

All the answers are in Axl's letter and Del's update. All you need to do is read.

They just don't specify what exactly they mean with scheduling conflicts and delays because that's really not important.

They're only important to self-appointed judges who think it's up to them to decide is it's a valid reason for a delay or not.

I aggree.? I would'nt be nearly as dissappointed if he never gave us a tentative date...or a statement at all.? Let's say that he said nothing in December.? Let's say that we found out from Merck that he was no longer managing the band and that was it.? No message from Axl, and maybe even no message from Del James.? We would all have assumed (correctly) that it was Merck who screwed everything up and now it's going to take some time to get over that and release the album properly.? Then we hear about new dates being scheduled.? We would all be getting excited about that and we would all be assuming that the prior albums are probably going to be solved soon and we may know about the album soon.? That statement was a bad, bad idea and the fact that Axl isn't owning up to it doesn't say much for his character.? It makes it look like he doesn't care.

Your memory is quite bad. You don't seem to remember the "demands" for an update regarding the album's 2006 release....

I knew that Axl would fucking lose anyway he handled it.

On one hand we'd have those who'd take the date as set in stone and would attack him if it didn't come out on the 6th.

If he didn't say anything, we would've had people complaining about how he can't give updates.

/jarmo

AGREED!

Does ANYFUCKINGBODY know the word TenTative......If not, go find dictionary and beat some sense in your head!!

Kudos Jarmo.......

WARCHILD

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2007, 12:15:36 PM »

"today was pretty eventful. we finished finally finished mixing better (it took us a week to do it though) and then we started on IRS....however Mixing this track is going even slower ....i'll let you know next week where we stand."

just an update like that would show a bit of good faith to us fans and make us feel apreciated....at least i'd really enjoy reading updates like that and it took me about 20 seconds to type Tongue i think that this is what many people that complain are after too...not a exact date given...just a progress report...anyway its all well wishing...axl has never and i doubt he will ever keep us up to date in this fashion...but like i said I'd enjoy reading them emensly and i'm sure evereybody else would too.

Here's a progress report: The band is currently mixing the album.  Cheesy

Your updates have one big flaw: Everything would be over-analyzed.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »

Here's a progress report: The band is currently mixing the album. 

/jarmo

I aggree.  They shouldn't have "updated" us in December or two weeks ago.

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2007, 12:19:40 PM »

All the answers are in Axl's letter and Del's update. All you need to do is read.

They just don't specify what exactly they mean with scheduling conflicts and delays because that's really not important.

They're only important to self-appointed judges who think it's up to them to decide is it's a valid reason for a delay or not.

I aggree.? I would'nt be nearly as dissappointed if he never gave us a tentative date...or a statement at all.? Let's say that he said nothing in December.? Let's say that we found out from Merck that he was no longer managing the band and that was it.? No message from Axl, and maybe even no message from Del James.? We would all have assumed (correctly) that it was Merck who screwed everything up and now it's going to take some time to get over that and release the album properly.? Then we hear about new dates being scheduled.? We would all be getting excited about that and we would all be assuming that the prior albums are probably going to be solved soon and we may know about the album soon.? That statement was a bad, bad idea and the fact that Axl isn't owning up to it doesn't say much for his character.? It makes it look like he doesn't care.

On one hand we'd have those who'd take the date as set in stone and would attack him if it didn't come out on the 6th.

If he didn't say anything, we would've had people complaining about how he can't give updates.

/jarmo

How about kill all the tentitive talk and just release the damn album......is 13 years not long enough to do so ....thats long enough for a 6 year old kid to grow up learn how to play the guitar write an album release it, film a video and do a tour. But not long enough to stop all this bullshit and just release an album for a vetern rock star.....I say ...confront you fear, face your demons and stand up for yourself and put it out once and for all.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »

Imagine this: You work on something, everything's going great, you think you'll be finished in time for a deadline you have set for yourself, you expect others to have things done in time because that's the plan. Then one day you find out that things aren't done. The things you thought were gonna be ready in time for your deadline can't get done because of various issues.

So all this time you've felt positive, optimistic and confident that you'd be able to make the deadline. Then one day you find out it's not gonna happen and it's not because of you. You could work 20 hours per day but it wouldn't make a difference because the rest of the work won't be done in time.

How would you feel?

/jarmo

its a very sympathetic picture you paint. unfortunately it is one that ignores the fact that many have read the OTHER statement - despite your best efforts - and that statement has the ring of truth to it.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2007, 12:21:09 PM »

How would you feel?

/jarmo

Well....
If your making real world comparisons
Well in the real world it doesn?t matter, you set a deadline you missed it. Nobody cares why its not done or who?s fault it is they are just pissed because you told them a date and you didn't hit it, you are responsible. its no ones fault but your own, you own up to the heat alot of time the reality is your peers and support lines loose confidence in you. Most likely.............your fired. That?s the real world.

I totally agree, if you miss a delay because one of your subordinates messed up, and then have your friend who doesnt work for the company or on your project call your boss and tell him "there were some unexpected problems, but thinks apparently are moving along." You would not only be fired, depending on the project youre probably going to get sued.

You cant use real world examples. ?Fact is Axl doesnt owe anyone a deadline, but when he sets one, no matter how Tentative, it means something to fans.

All you people saying "it was just tentative it didnt mean anything." ?Axl did a lot in that message to show how much it means. ?He tells how the band has never done this before and gives people hope that this was true. ?It was built up, no matter how much you want to downplay it now. ?He shouldnt have said anything, once he did I just feel like he committed himself to at least make another statement explaining what happened. ?Why does it have to be so cryptic.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »

How about kill all the tentitive talk and just release the damn album......is 13 years not long enough to do so ....thats long enough for a 6 year old kid to grow up learn how to play the guitar write an album release it, film a video and do a tour. But not long enough to stop all this bullshit and just release an album for a vetern rock star.....I say ...confront you fear, face your demons and stand up for yourself and put it out once and for all.

Well, you don't understand. ?There are mysterious legal and scheduling issues that nobody knows anything about and probably never will.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2007, 12:21:58 PM »

tentative ?
 ?

Main Entry: ten?ta?tive ?
Pronunciation: \ˈten-tə-tiv\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Medieval Latin tentativus, from Latin tentatus, past participle of tentare, temptare to feel, try
Date: 1626
1 : not fully worked out or developed <tentative plans>
2 : hesitant, uncertain <a tentative smile>
? tentative noun
? ten?ta?tive?ly adverb
? ten?ta?tive?ness noun

there so we should have known that the date was never gonna work out Tongue

Here's a progress report: The band is currently mixing the album. Cheesy

/jarmo

its not really a flaw though cuz each week or 2 we get a new one so we know where things stand...besides overanalyzing real statements beats the hell outta 500 HMV dates and axl vs slash debates....or maybe its just me

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2007, 12:23:33 PM »

its not really a flaw though cuz each week or 2 we get a new one so we know where things stand...

We do?  That's news to me.  I've only seen two updates in the last 3 months.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2007, 12:24:24 PM »

its not really a flaw though cuz each week or 2 we get a new one so we know where things stand...

We do?? That's news to me.? I've only seen two updates in the last 3 months.

haha no sorry in my hypothetical fan update scenario Tongue

MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2007, 12:25:13 PM »

Jesus Christ... Everybody should just go listen to the Replicants album. ?It'll hold you over until Chinese Democracy starts.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2007, 12:25:18 PM »

/jarmo

some people will like it some will hate it who cares........finish what was started and be proud of the fact that you did what you said you would do.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2007, 12:26:37 PM »

Yeah, fans who think they are constantly being lied to by the band.

Why do they even stick around?

Everything about GN'R is so horrible: No album, the shows start late, they don't play the songs you want to hear, they don't post blogs about what they did today and everytime they say something we can be sure that it's just lies. Horrible!

Roll Eyes

Well, you don't understand.  There are mysterious legal and scheduling issues that nobody knows anything about and probably never will.

Maybe you got a fax with the explanation already?

The album has been recoded, mixing and mastering is left before they can set a release date and you're all crying because it's not out today (the tentative release date).

What a bunch of crybabies.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2007, 12:34:28 PM »

Yeah, fans who think they are constantly being lied to by the band.

Why do they even stick around?

Everything about GN'R is so horrible: No album, the shows start late, they don't play the songs you want to hear, they don't post blogs about what they did today and everytime they say something we can be sure that it's just lies. Horrible!

Roll Eyes

cuz we love the music Axl makes and dont understand why this thing is always pushed back time and time again

anyway i'm not complaining...i just was saying IF he did update us on a more regular basis that the negativity wouldnt be nearly as bad....but i also said

its all well wishing...axl has never and i doubt he will ever keep us up to date in this fashion...

not much to talk about gnr these days anyway....today is the big day alot of people expected an update....it's to be expected that a shitstorm would ensue peace i'm outta this thread now...nothing good can comeout...big deal march 6th has come with no gnr news. get over it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: