Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:02:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 119943 times)
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #560 on: March 12, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »

Can someone answer this: Did a version of "Bad Apples" leak onto radio before the Illusions came out?

Yes, I remember hearing it on WAAF. I was fired up for the new album when I heard it... Then was disapointed with the album mix (of that song).

Does anyone still have that? ?I've always wanted to hear what a rawer production of those UYI songs would have sounded like. ?

A lot of people hate that song, but I always liked it. ?It sounds like a fun song to play live. ?Lots of good riffs and a good solo too.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #561 on: March 12, 2007, 04:11:49 PM »

And nobody has given interviews to every newspaper or magazine. That's just silly hihi

No. You don't remember the 1990s when Axl basically gave interviews to MTV, Rolling Stone and RIP?

The updates we got in the past were something like "we're probably gonna start recording on..." and "we've done this and that....". Those were in interviews. Often they appeared in magazines probably months after the interview was done. Like the on in RIP in May 1991: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=5 or Q magazine July 1991 http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=8

I admit, I'm only going by my memory, but if you can show me some examples of all the updates on the recording of UYI and AFD that we got in the past, I'd be happy to take a look.

I mean updates like Axl's letter.

/jarmo

I'm only going off memory too, but I remember the time between UYI and AFD and as a kid knowing what was going on with the band and the albums, to the point of seeing a Axl Rose special, to updates on MTV News - 15/15 where I got most of the news. That's not to mention the magazines. There were good updates back then.

My main point is that its even easier to update fans now, but he chooses not to. I am happy to know the record is done, but in this day in age I don't see why it took 2 months for an offical update. It wasn't like the magazine interviews you pointed out. But I am super duper happy about knowing the album is done. Hot damn! -- Have I stressed my appreciation? hihi

I have two interviews on DVD both with Kurt Loder both talking about UYI's.   One is right after the very first show of the UYI tour, before the album came out it was a warm up show in LA, before they played Rock in Rio in 91, Loder did interviews Axl, Dizzy and Slash, Axl talks alot about the albums, why their are 2 cd's, how it goes from Rock in Roll to meeting Hill billy rock [he jokes] but it's true how it went in that direction, etc.    Another I have is with Kurt Loder and Axl is in the blue shirt and they are sitting in his back yard [I am sure most of you have seen that pic of Axl in that shirt, some people have used it as avs] he talks about the recording of UYI's also in 91 and how they werent in the same room ever and all that. 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #562 on: March 12, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »

Can someone answer this: Did a version of "Bad Apples" leak onto radio before the Illusions came out?

Yes, I remember hearing it on WAAF. I was fired up for the new album when I heard it... Then was disapointed with the album mix (of that song).

Does anyone still have that? ?I've always wanted to hear what a rawer production of those UYI songs would have sounded like. ?

A lot of people hate that song, but I always liked it. ?It sounds like a fun song to play live. ?Lots of good riffs and a good solo too.

If its out there, I probaly have it somewhere... I used to collect way back in the day.... If no one posts it, and I do have it... I'll upload it!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #563 on: March 12, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »

I'm only going off memory too, but I remember the time between UYI and AFD and as a kid knowing what was going on with the band and the albums, to the point of seeing a Axl Rose special, to updates on MTV News - 15/15 where I got most of the news. That's not to mention the magazines. There were good updates back then.

My main point is that its even easier to update fans now, but he chooses not to. I am happy to know the record is done, but in this day in age I don't see why it took 2 months for an offical update. It wasn't like the magazine interviews you pointed out. But I am super duper happy about knowing the album is done. Hot damn! -- Have I stressed my appreciation? hihi

I remember watching MTV News back in the day. Daily...

But I don't remember there being a lot of album updates from the band. Seems like all the news started happening when the band went on tour.

I think a lot of it was guessing too. UYI was supposed to be out in the spring 1991, then it was July 1991......

I have two interviews on DVD both with Kurt Loder both talking about UYI's.   One is right after the very first show of the UYI tour, before the album came out it was a warm up show in LA, before they played Rock in Rio in 91, Loder did interviews Axl, Dizzy and Slash, Axl talks alot about the albums, why their are 2 cd's, how it goes from Rock in Roll to meeting Hill billy rock [he jokes] but it's true how it went in that direction, etc.    Another I have is with Kurt Loder and Axl is in the blue shirt and they are sitting in his back yard [I am sure most of you have seen that pic of Axl in that shirt, some people have used it as avs] he talks about the recording of UYI's also in 91 and how they werent in the same room ever and all that. 

I think you mean the Famous Last Words with Axl from 1990 and the interview done in May 1991 when the tour started?

So based on those two TV interviews you'd say we had more album updates in the past?

Axl has said similar things this time around too... Only it wasn't on tv For example: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1529

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:54:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #564 on: March 12, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »

^^ yes that's it, Famous Last Words, it's on my other comp not this one at work.   I was just stating that he had talked about UYI's, these 2 are  just an example of it anyhow.   It's different from then and now, it's not the same, the band can't talk about it and Axl doesn't really talk about it, not like it was back then.  That article was when he resurfaced in 06, he really hasn't said much about CD since then and his band can't say anything.   The fans will always remain split on this subject, have to agree to disagree, it's cool that some fans think it's enough and that Axl doesn't have to say much and others think it would be great if Axl said more.   Can't win on this subject.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #565 on: March 12, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »

i feel on the subject,if you can't say something nice don't.so i stayed away a couple days.so i would not say anything i would regret.yes axl needs to step up to the plate and say something.i really wish he was more imformative but he is not.maybe someday he will get the hint fans need some info once in awhile.till then we have nothing.and i may back away from the computer once again.so i don't say something i really feel in my gut.so then yes axl needs to let us know more.

the one an only horsey !
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #566 on: March 12, 2007, 06:49:00 PM »

^^ yes that's it, Famous Last Words, it's on my other comp not this one at work.   I was just stating that he had talked about UYI's, these 2 are  just an example of it anyhow.   It's different from then and now, it's not the same, the band can't talk about it and Axl doesn't really talk about it, not like it was back then.  That article was when he resurfaced in 06, he really hasn't said much about CD since then and his band can't say anything.   The fans will always remain split on this subject, have to agree to disagree, it's cool that some fans think it's enough and that Axl doesn't have to say much and others think it would be great if Axl said more.   Can't win on this subject.

I know.

But I think the band has made comments here and there.

Dizzy and Tommy both have told fans various things over the years.

It might not be the most obvious things or in the most obvious places. But they have said a few things over the years.

Personally I think knowing background on songs, what inspired them to write those songs etc. is interesting. But I'd rather hear about it after I've heard the finished songs.

Also, if you know all the details about the album months/weeks before the release, then there's less surprises left for when you actually go and pick up the cd.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EstrangedReality
« Reply #567 on: March 12, 2007, 07:08:09 PM »

Dizzy told HRS after the last Hookers N' Blow show that they (i.e. the bandmembers) are not allowed to talk about Guns N' Roses, so that may be why we hear so little about the band from them, and also why Bumblefoot refers people to management when asked about GN'R.

Understandable, given the background of the band, I suppose. Prevents more rumors from starting.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #568 on: March 12, 2007, 08:37:24 PM »

The thing is that after may 1. if there is no more touring, there will be more excuses.
The face is allready lost, so nothing more to be lost.
What do you think, next excuse will be...?
"Record company thought we could do better." ? - allready used in 2002, so no.
"Buckethead" allready gone.
"Manager" gone, going...

Truth is that there just ain?t anything left.
I saw one gig last summer, and I think I was not the only one thinking it wasn?t right.
He just don?t have what it takes to justify his vision.
What do you think?

Justify his version ?

This is axl's band, it always has and it always will be no matter what "verison" you think it is.

He's doing his best.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #569 on: March 13, 2007, 03:57:33 AM »

"He's doing his best."

And we are still waiting...

How long?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #570 on: March 13, 2007, 05:34:45 AM »

I remember watching MTV News back in the day. Daily...

But I don't remember there being a lot of album updates from the band. Seems like all the news started happening when the band went on tour.

I think a lot of it was guessing too. UYI was supposed to be out in the spring 1991, then it was July 1991......

Jarmo, my whole point in this thread was that this is a different Axl now then who he used to be when we first became fans, and why his silence has put us off a little. He did talk, give interviews and gave updates as well as the band. And I remember several Axl/GNR specials where he talked about what the band was up to -- One I remember he talked about Izzy buying a new house and all his neighbors moved out hihi -- to others where he talked about how the new album was going to be completely different than AFD and he wanted to bury AFD.

But I do think this is a no win subject hihi  peace

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #571 on: March 13, 2007, 06:43:51 AM »

If axl doesn?t give updates he must have his reasons,maybe things are not what we think and we are just being unfair blaming and speculating in the wrong direction,who knows?

Also, we can?t say we don?t have news right now, we are getting updates about the next tour. Just because they don?t talk about the record ( Well, remember Del?s update) people consider it as the band being silent.

And about the old days, I think Axl didn?t give that many interviews,yes he gave some but not a lot like some people here mean. I think it was more the band members who used to give interviews instead of Axl. I remember lots of interviews with Slash and co, but very few with Axl and if I remember correctly they were not updates but just interviews about the tour or things about the band, and of course a lot of articles full of bashing and rumours. Or atleast that?s what we got in my country, I can?t say for the rest of the world.

We should stop comparing the old days with the present, we are in 2007.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 06:47:22 AM by November_Rain » Logged

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #572 on: March 13, 2007, 07:13:18 AM »

- bands meet fans at concert
- band members sens email to fans

i think that's pretty good for communication.
i dont think even Marilyn Manson updates his fans that way.

so everything's good.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #573 on: March 13, 2007, 07:54:37 AM »

i've been out of the loop, and i have a question about the process....

they are currently mixing. once that is done, Axl will review and give his approval (IF he likes the mix).

then, it gets turned into the record label. and if all goes smoothly, it takes about 8 more weeks to release (according to Axl's letter).

is all that correct?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #574 on: March 13, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »

i've been out of the loop, and i have a question about the process....

they are currently mixing. once that is done, Axl will review and give his approval (IF he likes the mix).

then, it gets turned into the record label. and if all goes smoothly, it takes about 8 more weeks to release (according to Axl's letter).

is all that correct?

Sort of...after they mix, it has to be mastered.  Though my understanding is that that process is not nearly so long as mixing. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #575 on: March 13, 2007, 01:02:41 PM »

"He's doing his best."

And we are still waiting...

And you will probably continue to wait.

But i am sure you will enjoy the record ok

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #576 on: March 13, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »

"And you will probably continue to wait."

No doupt. I?ve been around since appetite so I have waited now 14 years since uyi.

Thing is that first time since ever I?m seriously thinking that this might not happen after all.

Too many setbacks.

I Was it around 2003, when the website annunced that "news on cd coming soon"

News never came.

Mixing is nothing, because fininishing have been going on last, what?, 4 years?

This has nothing to do with buckedhead or manager or what ever...

We all know the reason.

What if nothing happens this year?

How many of us stick around?

What?s the point anyway?

Waiting...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #577 on: March 13, 2007, 02:06:17 PM »

rckn are you talking to yourself?

Or, I have an answer to your question.

Don't wait till you hear the official date.

Your waiting for something you can't wait doesn't make sense.
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #578 on: March 13, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »

Waiting is so common that it is irrelevant.

There should be atleast a bit of hope...

In this case it just the hope is fading in every setback.

I?ll agree that is good thing that he?s in puplic eye again.

BUT

There was a time to deliver, do you think that there still is a time?
PrimaDonna
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #579 on: March 13, 2007, 06:05:10 PM »

My band just mixed three songs in 3 hours. And we used a lot of tracks on each song.

Anyway, GnR needs perfection in the mix and we don't. (You can download and listen from the "Nice Boys..." section on this board, if you wanna know what 2 hours of mixing can do)

From what I know, 3 weeks should be enough time to mix even the biggest albums out there.

13 songs on CD, say 10 hours a song.

But if they decide to do it all over again, time passes quickly.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: