Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 119873 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #500 on: March 11, 2007, 05:21:06 PM »

I looked through some the links that Jarmo posted and I don't mean any disrepect at all but most of those links are articles about shows and why some of them were cancelled and how great it was to play...that's really cool and I am glad that we got those as I read them as the tour was going on last year..I think more fans want to hear about CD, that process, the songs and all that thus that is why we are so split and can't agree that we aren't updated as much as we could be. 

I'm still waiting for an answer on what exactly it is that you want to hear from them.

Examples please.

I've given examples on why there might not be any updates on the album at this point, but it seems like nobody has cared to take that into account. Instead I get to read "we need more updates" ovr and over and over again.

On the subject of lame insults, people need to understand, that nobody should be afraid to post on this board about how they support the band and get called an asskisser for doing that.

There seems to be a misconception among some, that it's fine to attack the band and insult those who support them. It's supposed to be the "cool" thing to do. That it's "cool" to insult the fans who are supportive and who believe in this band.

Well, not on this fucking board.

We don't need people like that here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #501 on: March 11, 2007, 05:36:48 PM »

Seriously, this thread just needs to be deleted, it has been negative since moment the subject was entered by the OP.

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #502 on: March 11, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »

get em jarmo,i know that's right.stick behind the band not behind there backs.like back stabber's.

the one an only horsey !
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #503 on: March 11, 2007, 05:41:06 PM »

What does everyone expect, The album was meant to be released in 2004 and Axl said that it would be released later 2006 and now it was meant to be March 6th and what happens, it has'nt been released and l don't think it will as it has
been in the works for over a decade, l don't see anything great about the album as most of the songs are shit

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #504 on: March 11, 2007, 05:46:14 PM »

if that is what you would like to believe.then so be it.but me im going to remain a true fan.

the one an only horsey !
EFISH
« Reply #505 on: March 11, 2007, 05:49:17 PM »

What does everyone expect, The album was meant to be released in 2004 and Axl said that it would be released later 2006 and now it was meant to be March 6th and what happens, it has'nt been released and l don't think it will as it has
been in the works for over a decade, l don't see anything great about the album as most of the songs are shit
So then remind me why you're here again?
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #506 on: March 11, 2007, 05:50:27 PM »

I really can't believe how much whining about minor details and over analizing of updates goes on. People just don't read whats in front of their eyes. Axl said there were minor additions to be done and he hoped to get the album out by March 6th. He said it was tentative (therefore not cast in stone) and we would be updated as soon as possible of a new date. Well clearly thats not possible yet. He cancelled shows to finish the work in January, then we've had an update from Del James to say mixing is in progress in Febraury. What else is there to say? We'll get a date when there is one. Thats what he said for christ sake.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #507 on: March 11, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »

Woh.. it seams like every thread made ends up in a personal fight...

now.. Media sucks.. and always will.. dont get news from newspaper and theyr websites, go to real music magazines. But even there people tend to make news out of rumours.. sad but true..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #508 on: March 11, 2007, 06:33:28 PM »

So then remind me why you're here again?

now THAT is a great question.    ok

i mean fuck, i can understand criticism when its warranted, and wishing things were done the way you want, but that attitude right there has no place on a GNR forum in 2007.  If you don't like the songs, you don't like this lineup, what the fuck would still be doing here everyday?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #509 on: March 11, 2007, 06:42:19 PM »

I looked through some the links that Jarmo posted and I don't mean any disrepect at all but most of those links are articles about shows and why some of them were cancelled and how great it was to play...that's really cool and I am glad that we got those as I read them as the tour was going on last year..I think more fans want to hear about CD, that process, the songs and all that thus that is why we are so split and can't agree that we aren't updated as much as we could be.?

I'm still waiting for an answer on what exactly it is that you want to hear from them.

Examples please.

I've given examples on why there might not be any updates on the album at this point, but it seems like nobody has cared to take that into account. Instead I get to read "we need more updates" ovr and over and over again.

/jarmo

Okay, like how NIN updates their fans or another band that I won't mention cuz it will drive people crazy, have you visited some of their sites, it's great how they almost take those fans through the recording process and the fans are extremely happy and satifisfied.  It gives those fans endless, positive things to talk about when an album is about to come out.   If you want me to link examples well here is NIN but their album is finished now, their updating was going on as it was happening, their website constantly changes.   http://www.nin.com/current/index.html 

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #510 on: March 11, 2007, 06:49:27 PM »

I know what NIN has done.

Did you ever consider that the process for GN'R's album hasn't been anything like the one Trent went through?

Hell, we even got to hear several new songs played live before the album was finished.....

On one hand people want to know what's going on. On the other hand, knowing too much isn't good either. For example, some are saying it sucks that they've heard half of the album already....

Axl gave some updates in 2006 and look what happened.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
EFISH
« Reply #511 on: March 11, 2007, 06:49:39 PM »

I looked through some the links that Jarmo posted and I don't mean any disrepect at all but most of those links are articles about shows and why some of them were cancelled and how great it was to play...that's really cool and I am glad that we got those as I read them as the tour was going on last year..I think more fans want to hear about CD, that process, the songs and all that thus that is why we are so split and can't agree that we aren't updated as much as we could be. 

Examples please.

/jarmo

Okay, like how NIN updates their fans or another band that I won't mention cuz it will drive people crazy, have you visited some of their sites, it's great how they almost take those fans through the recording process and the fans are extremely happy and satifisfied.  It gives those fans endless, positive things to talk about when an album is about to come out.   If you want me to link examples well here is NIN but their album is finished now, their updating was going on as it was happening, their website constantly changes.   http://www.nin.com/current/index.html 
This is Guns N' Roses, not Nine Inch Nails or Velvet Revolver or any other band.  Each band does there own thing, and this is how Guns N' Roses are doing it. It's not like this is a surprise... GN'R has been like this FOREVER. If you don't like that, then I'd suggest visiting another bands message board until Chinese Democracy is released.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 06:56:13 PM by EFISH » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #512 on: March 11, 2007, 06:54:24 PM »

I can appreciate what DTJ is saying on how it would be cool if Axl did something similar to what NIN did.. I can agree with a lot of it.   All of us would love it if Axl gave us more of an inside look at some of the processes that goes on, that wuld be great!    However, we can't hold Axl up to any standards like that as he is going to do it how he wants.   Theres a fine line between the complaining and suggesting things you'd like to see, I guess. peace

EFISH
« Reply #513 on: March 11, 2007, 06:55:30 PM »

I can appreciate what DTJ is saying on how it would be cool if Axl did something similar to what NIN did.. I can agree with a lot of it.   All of us would love it if Axl gave us more of an inside look at some of the processes that goes on, that wuld be great!    However, we can't hold Axl up to any standards like that as he is going to do it how he wants.   Theres a fine line between the complaining and suggesting things you'd like to see, I guess. peace

Good point.
DTJ, check your PMs.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 07:03:50 PM by EFISH » Logged
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #514 on: March 11, 2007, 06:58:52 PM »

I looked through some the links that Jarmo posted and I don't mean any disrepect at all but most of those links are articles about shows and why some of them were cancelled and how great it was to play...that's really cool and I am glad that we got those as I read them as the tour was going on last year..I think more fans want to hear about CD, that process, the songs and all that thus that is why we are so split and can't agree that we aren't updated as much as we could be.?

Examples please.

/jarmo

Okay, like how NIN updates their fans or another band that I won't mention cuz it will drive people crazy, have you visited some of their sites, it's great how they almost take those fans through the recording process and the fans are extremely happy and satifisfied.? It gives those fans endless, positive things to talk about when an album is about to come out.? ?If you want me to link examples well here is NIN but their album is finished now, their updating was going on as it was happening, their website constantly changes.? ?http://www.nin.com/current/index.html?
This is Guns N' Roses, not Nine Inch Nails or Velvet Revolver or any other band. For someone who moderates a Guns N' Roses forum, I wouldn't except continuous complaints. Each band does there own thing, and this is how Guns N' Roses are doing it. It's not like this is a surprise... GN'R has been like this FOREVER. If you don't like that, then I'd suggest visiting another bands message board until Chinese Democracy is released.

They haven't been like this forever first off, and second off I was giving Jarmo an example he asked for. ? Granted each band does it's own thing doesn't mean most of us have to like it whether we are fans for not...please Efish I have been on these forums much longer then you talking about the same thing for years and I don't mind people expressing how they feel. ? When this comes out then everyone will be happy...hopefully, I would think then the band members and Axl will talk about the songs, what they are about, some of the recording process and so on. ? ?Then we can finally move on to talking about other things.

check it out!!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #515 on: March 11, 2007, 06:59:33 PM »

I can appreciate what DTJ is saying on how it would be cool if Axl did something similar to what NIN did.. I can agree with a lot of it.? ?All of us would love it if Axl gave us more of an inside look at some of the processes that goes on, that wuld be great!? ? However, we can't hold Axl up to any standards like that as he is going to do it how he wants.? ?Theres a fine line between the complaining and suggesting things you'd like to see, I guess. peace

Thank you JB, this is exactly it!

check it out!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #516 on: March 11, 2007, 07:02:18 PM »

your welcome DTJ Wink

Axl has a right to privacy just as anyone of us.   Thats the thing.   When people start acting like he NEEDS to do something, thats when I scratch my head...

a lot of times its about how you present things, making suggestions and commenting on what you think wuld be cool is one thing, but acting like it needs to be that way is another.

on that note, the official website was updated today.  nothing on the album, but cool comments from the crew involved in the last tour, giving us fans a different perspective of things.   THINGS ARE ACTIVE IN GNR LAND FOLKS.  thats the important thing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #517 on: March 11, 2007, 07:04:05 PM »

Yeah, but you have to take in account the other side of the coin.

All the updates through the years from people in or around the band. When nothing turned out the way it was planned, who were branded liars? Who were told to shut up?

It's very easy to say everything would be great if Axl was blogging on gunsnroses.com.

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #518 on: March 11, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »

Yeah, but you have to take in account the other side of the coin.

All the updates through the years from people in or around the band. When nothing turned out the way it was planned, who were branded liars? Who were told to shut up?

It's very easy to say everything would be great if Axl was blogging on gunsnroses.com.

/jarmo

and thats probably why Axl isn't blogging on gnr.com.   he can say anything, it doesn't matter, someone is going to twist it to suit their agenda.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #519 on: March 11, 2007, 08:14:11 PM »

I can appreciate what DTJ is saying on how it would be cool if Axl did something similar to what NIN did.. I can agree with a lot of it.? ?All of us would love it if Axl gave us more of an inside look at some of the processes that goes on, that wuld be great!? ? However, we can't hold Axl up to any standards like that as he is going to do it how he wants.? ?Theres a fine line between the complaining and suggesting things you'd like to see, I guess. peace

Good point.
DTJ, check your PMs.? Smiley

Checked and responded....all is cool Smiley

check it out!!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: