Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 119863 times)
EFISH
« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2007, 03:13:12 PM »

I've already said here what i thought about cd studio version drama.
And my last post meant what it meant - "lick lick" was offensive to you, but funny to me. That's all. Really Wink

im lost, how is lick lick offensive ?
Because you can just assume what he is trying to get at.

And also, it adds nothing to the conversation is completely off topic.

On topic: Just wait for the tracks to be finished mixing/mastering and then things will start moving along. They are going to be back on the road again in a month, and I recall 2 weeks ago Bumblefoot saying that in 2 weeks he was going to Cali to start rehearsing. At the latest, the tracks will probably be finished by the time they get back on the road. They will release it when the time is right. The record company is going to want this album out at the exact right time because they need all the proper promotion and sales as possible. They might release it in the coming months, or not until the later half of 2007, but keep in mind this is not in Axl's hands now. He's done his job. We've waited this long, we can wait a little longer. Be happy that GNR are about to go out again and play a whole bunch of more shows, and the "final recording sessions" are done.  Smiley
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #481 on: March 11, 2007, 03:14:27 PM »

And my last post meant what it meant - "lick lick" was offensive to you, but funny to me. That's all. Really Wink

you better ask jarmo
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #482 on: March 11, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »

I'm perdy sure "lick lick" was a reference to the licking of a certain rock star's ass, but hey, I'm not sure. I'm just trying to help you get to the bottom of this Jarmo.. because "lick lick" is a very complicated term, and the author of the comment isn't explaining himself... keep me updated..

It's March 11th, does this thread need to still be opened? Time will pass, it'll be like February 20th and the dissing for March 6th will still be going on.

On the official site it says: "A brief update regarding the status of  "Chinese Democracy" from inside the Guns N' Roses camp."

And that's what we get. The disc never came out so it didn't matter if it was brief or extensive (at least it was something), some fans are gonna be pissed off.

So this thread really is: "Was the brief update good enough for you, or are you gonna bash Axl?"
Should have been a poll.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #483 on: March 11, 2007, 03:23:06 PM »

At the latest, the tracks will probably be finished by the time they get back on the road. They will release it when the time is right. The record company is going to want this album out at the exact right time because they need all the proper promotion and sales as possible. They might release it in the coming months, or not until the later half of 2007, but keep in mind this is not in Axl's hands now. He's done his job. We've waited this long, we can wait a little longer. Be happy that GNR are about to go out again and play a whole bunch of more shows, and the "final recording sessions" are done.  Smiley

I agree with you on this one.    ok   beer

I really, really hope that this album's actually been handed over to the record company by Axl/GNR before they head out on tour again. It truly is time for Axl to just give up the ghost on this thing and let it go. If he goes out on a huge tour again without having done this then we're fucked.

I'll be a lot happier when they start playing lots of tunes that the people want to hear and have so far been denied for whatever reason that is happening. I want to hear the new shit (the real new shit, not the leaks we've all heard before) and I want to hear them do more Illusions stuff. C'mon Axl, you can do it man.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #484 on: March 11, 2007, 03:27:25 PM »

you better ask jarmo

He posts licking comments after my post.

How is that not offensive or insulting?

The coward doesn't even have the guts to say what's on his mind. Instead he hints at it.

Too bad for him, I got the joke.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #485 on: March 11, 2007, 03:29:49 PM »

It wasn't very nice of him to post those "lick lick" comments, I agree. 

If you have to ban him, I understand.  But Christ teaches forgiveness.  Maybe you could turn the other cheek.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #486 on: March 11, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »

Oooh, how witty and funny.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #487 on: March 11, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »

It wasn't very nice of him to post those "lick lick" comments, I agree.?

If you have to ban him, I understand.? But Christ teaches forgiveness.? Maybe you could turn the other cheek.

or he can "lick lick" whats between the cheeks? hihi

im sorry. i had to throw that in.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #488 on: March 11, 2007, 03:39:54 PM »

Oooh, how witty and funny.

/jarmo

Hey jarmo, I think you need a vacation man!!!   yes

Let's start planning a HTGTH get-together NOW for when GNR comes to Toronto again!!!   beer
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #489 on: March 11, 2007, 03:40:46 PM »

Jarmo, you should ban the term "lick lick", this is getting out of control and offensive.

But don't ban any members, even those using the out of control offensive term (the "LL" word) just turn the other cheek.
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #490 on: March 11, 2007, 03:47:05 PM »

The coward doesn't even have the guts to say what's on his mind. Instead he hints at it.

Too bad for him, I got the joke

playing open cards

ok, let's cool off a little bit - it was what it was  - just a (stupid) joke.

Would it be better if he posted something like "what an axl's butt licking fest it was"? I don't think so and i don't think it's fair to call him coward, because the joke was clear enough. Also I don't think that he is necesarry right (i suppose he himself knows that), but the man just couldn't resist to poke fun at you. Was it crude? Of course. But so was One in a million. Or Get in the ring.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:54:43 PM by tad82 » Logged
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #491 on: March 11, 2007, 03:49:30 PM »

It wasn't very nice of him to post those "lick lick" comments, I agree. 

If you have to ban him, I understand.  But Christ teaches forgiveness.  Maybe you could turn the other cheek.

or he can "lick lick" whats between the cheeks  hihi

im sorry. i had to throw that in.

damn that's another classic hihi if i was jarmo i would be boiling now rant
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 03:51:31 PM by tad82 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #492 on: March 11, 2007, 03:55:48 PM »

Too bad for him, I got the joke

playing open cards

ok, let's cool off a little bit - it was what it was  - just a (stupid) joke.

Would it be better if he posted something like "what an axl's butt licking fest it was"? I don't think so and i don't think think it's fair to call him coward, because the joke was clear enough. Also I don't think that he is necesarry right (i suppose he himself knows that), but the man just couldn't resist to poke fun at you. Was it crude? Of course. But so was One in a million. Or Get in the ring.

Inults are against the rules.

I don't normally care if you call me names.

He's not the first one to call me an asskisser.

This guy didn't even dare to say it out loud. He had to hint at it.

Fucking lame.

/jarmo

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #493 on: March 11, 2007, 04:02:46 PM »

Later andypa1,

I mean really...

How well did you think that was going to go over ?    Tongue

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #494 on: March 11, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »

Jarmo didn't you just insult him by calling him lame? "Fucking" lame to be exact, which I'm pretty sure is worse than the just lame. Negative Karma for you?

This has gotten off topic.

Yea.. the album never came out boo hoo.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #495 on: March 11, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »

Jarmo didn't you just insult him by calling him lame? "Fucking" lame to be exact, which I'm pretty sure is worse than the just lame.

Not technically. 

jarmo called his actions lame.  Not him.  There's a difference.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #496 on: March 11, 2007, 04:23:38 PM »

I looked through some the links that Jarmo posted and I don't mean any disrepect at all but most of those links are articles about shows and why some of them were cancelled and how great it was to play...that's really cool and I am glad that we got those as I read them as the tour was going on last year..I think more fans want to hear about CD, that process, the songs and all that thus that is why we are so split and can't agree that we aren't updated as much as we could be. ?

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
EFISH
« Reply #497 on: March 11, 2007, 04:26:15 PM »

I looked through some the links that Jarmo posted and I don't mean any disrepect at all but most of those links are articles about shows and why some of them were cancelled and how great it was to play...that's really cool and I am glad that we got those as I read them as the tour was going on last year..I think more fans want to hear about CD, that process, the songs and all that thus that is why we are so split and can't agree that we aren't updated as much as we could be. 
There's not much to update. They are currently mixing the tracks, and probably about to start rehearsing for the tour. Do you expect them to post on the site, "We just finished mixing track 1, time to work on track 2"..... That's not going to happen. I'm pretty certain we'll be notified when the album is turned into the record company, and that's all that really matters at this point.
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #498 on: March 11, 2007, 04:29:46 PM »

Not technically. 

technically, and i do mean technically, andypa1 didn't insult anybody, didn't use any bad words but he was banned for some reason. For not some technical i guess.

i know no one said that the game we play called life is fair, but...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 04:44:32 PM by tad82 » Logged
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #499 on: March 11, 2007, 04:42:05 PM »

I looked through some the links that Jarmo posted and I don't mean any disrepect at all but most of those links are articles about shows and why some of them were cancelled and how great it was to play...that's really cool and I am glad that we got those as I read them as the tour was going on last year..I think more fans want to hear about CD, that process, the songs and all that thus that is why we are so split and can't agree that we aren't updated as much as we could be.?
There's not much to update. They are currently mixing the tracks, and probably about to start rehearsing for the tour. Do you expect them to post on the site, "We just finished mixing track 1, time to work on track 2"..... That's not going to happen. I'm pretty certain we'll be notified when the album is turned into the record company, and that's all that really matters at this point.

Yeah, lots of bands talk about the mixing/recording process as it's happening.? ?You're right, it's not going to happen.? ?Really that's not all that matters to me, I'd love to hear some of the process especially at this point, what influenced what, how it was recording anything like that I find interesting not just when the record company has the album...but yes I am hoping we will be notified.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: