Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:19:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120580 times)
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 11:17:48 AM »

I dont think you can blame anyone for slating the band and management for yet another embarasing broken promise.

no promise has been broken whatsoever.

How about the fact that Axl said on numerous occasions that the album would be out in 2006?

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »

Quote from: AL1978 on Today at 10:29:33 AM
Quote from: kriss_boy on Today at 09:50:25 AM
I dont think you can blame anyone for slating the band and management for yet another embarasing broken promise.

How about the fact that Axl said on numerous occasions that the album would be out in 2006?

Exactly my point.  If Axl would have really wanted to, he could have released the album by a date that he stated in 2007...March 6th or any other date he wanted to give.  If he did that (which would have been the smartest thing to do) he would easily been able to blame the 2006 thing on Merck 100%.  But he didn't.  He gave a date and he didn't live up to it (tentative or not--new release date or not) and it just makes him look like a liar.  He was given a great chance to place the past blame on Merck...and he blew it.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 11:23:03 AM »

The other night on Night's With Alice Cooper he said that the biggest prank in history on the Rock and Roll Industry would be if Axl were to come out and say that there was no Chinese Democracy. ?It's funny but it's beginning to feel oh-so-real!

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 11:26:08 AM »

The other night on Night's With Alice Cooper he said that the biggest prank in history on the Rock and Roll Industry would be if Axl were to come out and say that there was no Chinese Democracy.  It's funny but it's beginning to feel oh-so-real!

You know...there's something to be said for that theory.  Really.

If I was told when the last GNR studio album came out that I still would'nt hear another one by the time I reach the age that Axl was when he released his last album, I wouldn't have beleived it.  I would have guessed that Axl either died or was in prison.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »

Quote from: AL1978 on Today at 10:29:33 AM
Quote from: kriss_boy on Today at 09:50:25 AM

Exactly my point.? If Axl would have really wanted to, he could have released the album by a date that he stated in 2007...March 6th or any other date he wanted to give.? If he did that (which would have been the smartest thing to do) he would easily been able to blame the 2006 thing on Merck 100%.? But he didn't.? He gave a date and he didn't live up to it (tentative or not--new release date or not) and it just makes him look like a liar.? He was given a great chance to place the past blame on Merck...and he blew it.

i agree, he handled last year badly. if you take this years happenings together with axls statement tho, he has done no wrong this year.

but its perfectly right that last year he shoulda exposed merck earlier, and said 2006 wasnt the year earlier too.

he does look v guilty now, but in our heart o hearts i think we know that. this isnt the only album hes worked on where theres been "issues". and sooner or later you have to realise that the only consistent factor in all these probs is ...well...one man.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2007, 11:35:04 AM »

Imagine this: You work on something, everything's going great, you think you'll be finished in time for a deadline you have set for yourself, you expect others to have things done in time because that's the plan. Then one day you find out that things aren't done. The things you thought were gonna be ready in time for your deadline can't get done because of various issues.

So all this time you've felt positive, optimistic and confident that you'd be able to make the deadline. Then one day you find out it's not gonna happen and it's not because of you. You could work 20 hours per day but it wouldn't make a difference because the rest of the work won't be done in time.

Then people would blame you for the delay.

How would you feel?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2007, 11:36:39 AM »

Oh, yeah, I've been waiting for this a long time:

March 6th, yo mama so fat, men have to roll over twice to get off her! 

March 6th, yo mama so ugly, when she sits on the beach cats try to bury her.

Take that, March 6th! You been dissed!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2007, 11:37:11 AM »

*sigh*

and people wonder why axl doesnt say much?!

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2007, 11:47:15 AM »

The other night on Night's With Alice Cooper he said that the biggest prank in history on the Rock and Roll Industry would be if Axl were to come out and say that there was no Chinese Democracy.  It's funny but it's beginning to feel oh-so-real!

After the 2000 Rio performance we were made to believe that Chinese Dmocracy was almost finished. I'm now thinking they had fuck all, other than The Blues and Madagascar. Even The Blues is still being worked on. I wonder what the latest mix holds?  Grin

Casey Shelton
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:03 AM »

Imagine this: You work on something, everything's going great, you think you'll be finished in time for a deadline you have set for yourself, you expect others to have things done in time because that's the plan. Then one day you find out that things aren't done. The things you thought were gonna be ready in time for your deadline can't get done because of various issues.

So all this time you've felt positive, optimistic and confident that you'd be able to make the deadline. Then one day you find out it's not gonna happen and it's not because of you. You could work 20 hours per day but it wouldn't make a difference because the rest of the work won't be done in time.

How would you feel?

/jarmo

I'm sure people would understand if Axl popped in a gave details of delays. Mixing, mastering.....record company wants more time to plan advirtising stragedies.

Axl opened the can of worms when he released a statement. Follow-up should be done IMO. Updates from anybody other than Axl are not taken as gold by the fans. It's Axl's ship.

I don't see many people here blaming Axl for the delay that pushed it to a later release than he had stated. He spoke, we listened. He can speak again.

How does Axl feel?
And how do we feel? His ship will only go as far as we push it. In alot of people's minds Axl & GNR are has beens. We are the ones who are gonna be pushing his ship and letting people know its coming.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:14 AM »

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=168895

This is from a Norwegian News paper.

It starts like this: " Today, March 6th, the arrival of the new Guns N Roses album, Chinese Democracy, is finaly here. Yeah Right! "
and from there is alot of bashing and attacks on Axl and the new GnR album. There are lies, and stupid speculations and twistings..? rant
They said Merch left the the band, because of fights..
That Axl made bandmember wait in the recordingstudio, and he never showed up.
The story about Axl drove over a bag with lots of Producers CD`s..
ETC ETC

Anyway, a plain negative article about GnR and Axl..

well, the guy who wrote this is the same man who gave Tool - Lateralus the dise 2? hihi So that says alot..

what do you expect...Axl should ?have never given a release date...even though they said it was TENTATIVE everyone chooses to ignore that word and then they get pissed when the album doesnt come out....from now on Axl should treat everyone like children...when they ask "are we there yet?" he should just say "almost"
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:22 AM »

How would you feel?

/jarmo

How would I feel? ?Well, I would feel like telling people what that delay is and why it's happening. ?Even if it's not really my fault, I would like it's my responsability to let people know what's going on and tell them I personally will do my best to make this right. ?That statement two weeks ago from a friend of the band just doesn't cut it. ?And I don't mean for me...I mean for journalists who would go to the bands website looking for info. ?This is ALL about 2006, really. ?Look at everything in Axl's December letter about Merck. ?It leads you to think that Merck was the problem. ?Then when the same sort of silence and mysterious delays happen when Merck is out of the picture, you can't help but wonder if he really wasn't the problem.

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2007, 11:51:54 AM »

I think Axl should have said nothing.

Fuck em! Take your sweet time and release it whenever you want.

Trying to give fans some encouragement/info/etc is a waste of time.

I'll be happy whenever it comes out. No skin off my nose. Hell, delay it another 6 months just to piss people off. I'd find that hilarious.

@#$%Funker
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »

*sigh*

If he did then maybe he wouldn't get such a bad reaction all the time. Some info other than 'there is no official release date' would be nice.

Bands release albums, most of them consistently. Its what they do. Shouldn't be too much to ask. Some even manage to write and release one in the same century.

We were told that the 'tentative' date was March 6th. If that date wasn't met then we would have been given the new date soon thereafter. The update we got (not from Axl of course) was that 'there is no official release date'. If he'd said 'Oops, I meant to say that BBF and Frank had to go and record loads of parts and we still had to mix the record - heres the new realistic release date, May...' Then everyone would be happy. Well until that date came and nothing happened...

So, where are we? Still no release date, no word about anything. We may as well be in 1999 again.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
maynard
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2007, 11:56:27 AM »

How would you feel?

/jarmo

How would I feel? Well, I'd be very sad, even more sad because I know there are millions of people waiting for this work to be done. The minor delays shouldn't take too long so I would try to please people until everything is done, a single, would be more than enough. Then I would begin some promotion until everything is done, doing these would save more time and work for when the album is ready.

seriously, in november some people still will be saying "axl didn't promise anything". this is bullshit.
The album is being mixed? Good. Will it take too long? No, it's only 13 tracks not a fuckin double or triple album (sadly). Are the fans happy? Only the idiots ones. Does Axl really cares about his fans? Trent Reznor cares about his fans.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2007, 11:58:41 AM »

I think Axl should have said nothing.

Fuck em! Take your sweet time and release it whenever you want.

Trying to give fans some encouragement/info/etc is a waste of time.

I'll be happy whenever it comes out. No skin off my nose. Hell delay it another 6 months just to piss people off. I'd find that hilarious.

@#$%Funker

I aggree. ?I would'nt be nearly as dissappointed if he never gave us a tentative date...or a statement at all. ?Let's say that he said nothing in December. ?Let's say that we found out from Merck that he was no longer managing the band and that was it. ?No message from Axl, and maybe even no message from Del James. ?We would all have assumed (correctly) that it was Merck who screwed everything up and now it's going to take some time to get over that and release the album properly. ?Then we hear about new dates being scheduled. ?We would all be getting excited about that and we would all be assuming that the prior albums are probably going to be solved soon and we may know about the album soon. ?That statement was a bad, bad idea and the fact that Axl isn't owning up to it doesn't say much for his character. ?It makes it look like he doesn't care.

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007, 11:58:56 AM »

How would you feel?

/jarmo
sometimes I prefer not hearing anything from Axl. When he says that he'll try to release the album on a certain date, people blame him. When he doesn't say nothing people blame him. So why should he write something if everyone will use what he wrote against him, if things don't happen exactly how people want things to happen?
if he says "the mixing will be done in 1 week, according to the mixing guy, if everything goes as planned" and the mixing isn't done in 1 week, everyone will say that Axl is a liar and that he shouldn't say that.
He is definatly right. He probably won't say nothing 'till a final date is set. At least people won't come to a message board to keep bitching about what he said.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2007, 12:01:04 PM »

All the answers are in Axl's letter and Del's update. All you need to do is read.

They just don't specify what exactly they mean with scheduling conflicts and delays because that's really not important.

They're only important to self-appointed judges who think it's up to them to decide is it's a valid reason for a delay or not.

I aggree.  I would'nt be nearly as dissappointed if he never gave us a tentative date...or a statement at all.  Let's say that he said nothing in December.  Let's say that we found out from Merck that he was no longer managing the band and that was it.  No message from Axl, and maybe even no message from Del James.  We would all have assumed (correctly) that it was Merck who screwed everything up and now it's going to take some time to get over that and release the album properly.  Then we hear about new dates being scheduled.  We would all be getting excited about that and we would all be assuming that the prior albums are probably going to be solved soon and we may know about the album soon.  That statement was a bad, bad idea and the fact that Axl isn't owning up to it doesn't say much for his character.  It makes it look like he doesn't care.

Your memory is quite bad. You don't seem to remember the "demands" for an update regarding the album's 2006 release....

I knew that Axl would fucking lose anyway he handled it.

On one hand we'd have those who'd take the date as set in stone and would attack him if it didn't come out on the 6th.

If he didn't say anything, we would've had people complaining about how he can't give updates.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:10:02 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »

They just don't specify what exactly they mean with scheduling conflicts and delays because that's really not important.

Is it that it's really not important, or that it's vague so nobody can call them on it?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2007, 12:04:35 PM »

whether he should have or not, I greatly appreciated his letter/his saying something.

I'm sure people would understand if Axl popped in a gave details of delays. Mixing, mastering.....record company wants more time to plan advirtising stragedies.

did you read people's comments in this thread?
I'm sure some people wouldn't.

*sigh*

co sigh n
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: