Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120570 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 10:01:16 AM »

the recording is already done.  ok

sorry mate, but that has been said before....until its in your hands, don't consider it finished.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:27 AM »

the "free" promotion is nice at some point, but the "Axl bashing" isn't nice at all.

no, it isn't.
Billy Idol took 10 yrs to come up with his album, and i never read anything half as bad about him anywhere.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
wadey
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:55 AM »

all the free hype and attention for a record thats not even finished
yeah.......never said recording wasnt done............said it wasnt finished...ie mixing, editing etc etc..
so guess ill correct you.............!!!!? Grin, learn to read, read what it says not what you think it says
that's pretty clear you said recording wasn't done... and it is done. Anyway, please back on topic, if you want to talk something else you can pm me.
the "free" promotion is nice at some point, but the "Axl bashing" isn't nice at all.

can you please tell me where i said recording isnt done...........it says record not finished fucknuts...go to specsavers ?hihi
if your gonna quote me then quote something ive said, twisting things and making people look fools isnt big and isnt clever.
im not gonna pm you, gonna say all im gonna say right here.

note to mods - please dont give me more neg karma for the insult........sort of pushed into it
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:27:38 AM by wadey9 » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »

Surely after all these years nobody is impressed with media agencies that come out with this stuff??

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 10:28:13 AM »

the recording is already done.  ok

sorry mate, but that has been said before....until its in your hands, don't consider it finished.
the recording is done, but not the mixing and mastering. When it's in my hands I can say that the whole album is done.  For now, the recording is all done.   Wink

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 10:29:33 AM »

I dont think you can blame anyone for slating the band and management for yet another embarasing broken promise.

no promise has been broken whatsoever.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 10:35:49 AM »

What part of...

"With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album."

Do some of you not understand?  Roll Eyes

Yes, the album's not out, and its unfortunate, but he never guaranteed that we would see it today - so get off of his ass.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 10:37:34 AM »

What part of...

"With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album."

Do some of you not understand?  Roll Eyes
lol I was going to quote that right now.
is that too hard to understand? I'll paste that some more times, so they might remember before posting...
this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee
I'll put that on my signature  Roll Eyes

deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2007, 10:39:57 AM »

I have strange feeling. That We'll have a Surprise in couple a days. yes
I know a lot of People kinda piss of right now,Including me.
But AL1978 is right. no promise has been broken.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2007, 10:40:08 AM »

What part of...

Do some of you not understand?? Roll Eyes

Yes, the album's not out, and its unfortunate, but he never guaranteed that we would see it today - so get off of his ass.

conveneintly he left himself an out lol ?peace

he also said

If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

my guess is that a new date will not be given until its concrete...some more patience people i think that we'll hear the official release date shortly....maybe for spring? early summer? anyway thats what i'm hoping for...but being that the Album is apparently mixing is a very good sign IMO

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 10:42:04 AM »

Ok...what about this part?

If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

I know.  I know.  It doesn't really say that we will be notified by March 6th in regards to a new date specifically, but it sort of makes it seem that way.  It would be nice to get a REAL update today for us and for the press.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »

I know.  I know.  It doesn't really say that we will be notified by March 6th in regards to a new date specifically, but it sort of makes it seem that way.  It would be nice to get a REAL update today for us and for the press.
we were notified by Del James and confirmed by bumblefoot.  Roll Eyes

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 10:42:04 AM

we were notified by Del James and confirmed by bumblefoot.

We were?  Really?  So what was the new release date that Del James and Bumblefoot gave us?

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:48 AM »

"There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along.

Take care,
Del James"

You were saying? We received an update, as promised. Just because you didn't like the content of it doesn't mean that it never existed.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 10:48:32 AM »

We were?  Really?  So what was the new release date that Del James and Bumblefoot gave us?

The new release date is that there currently isn't one. Now get the fuck over yourself - alright?

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 10:54:15 AM »

I know.? I know.? It doesn't really say that we will be notified by March 6th in regards to a new date specifically, but it sort of makes it seem that way.? It would be nice to get a REAL update today for us and for the press.

We were?? Really?? So what was the new release date that Del James and Bumblefoot gave us?

im afraid you kinda answered your own question.

but i bet theyre doin all they can to get it done before the tour. when is the first date, as far as we know? am i right in thinkin this leg could be out the way quite quickly?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 10:58:03 AM »

I know. ?I know. ?It doesn't really say that we will be notified by March 6th in regards to a new date specifically, but it sort of makes it seem that way. ?It would be nice to get a REAL update today for us and for the press.

"There is no official release date, as the band is currently mixing, but after some delays and scheduling difficulties, things appear to be moving along.

Take care,
Del James"

You were saying? We received an update, as promised. Just because you don't like what it said doesn't mean that it doesn't count.

No no no. ?My point is, the original Axl letter sort of implies that we will get a new release date if the March 6th date cannot be met. ?I don't know how you can think otherwise. ?He even says the words "new date" in that statement. ?I don't know how you can think that getting a tentative release date in one statement, then NOT getting a new release date in the next statement is a good thing. ?I just don't get it. ?Forget all of that, though. ?My point isn't really about us fans who are going to analys the hell out of Axl's December letter (which we've all already done). ?My point is about the press. ?Don't you think it's sort of alot to ask for somebody reporting on the Chinese Democracy situation who possibly isn't a super-fan to read between the lines and figure out that what Axl meant was we would NOT get a new release date by the 6th of March...but there would be an update without one?

I don't know. ?Putting that March 6th date out there was a really dumb move, in my opinion. ?The smartest thing Axl could have done would have been to put the album out by today. ?Not just because I want the album in my grubby little hands, but because it would have been PROOF that it was Merck who screwed everything up before. ?Now it just confirms to alot of people (journalists...not me) that Axl is the problem.

And it doesn't help that the March 6th date is still on the website and TODAY IS MARCH 6TH! ?Imagine if you were a journalist who isn't a GNR fan and you were told to write an article today on a deadline about the status of Chinese Democracy. ?How confusing would it be to see a letter in December giving a tentative release date and then not seeing an update about a new date?

Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 11:00:52 AM »

The new release date is that there currently isn't one. Now get the fuck over yourself - alright?
they will never be happy... Axl said we would be notified if something wrong happen. We were notified and people still complain. Poor Axl...  Roll Eyes

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »

Quote from: BurningHills on Today at 10:48:32 AM

they will never be happy... Axl said we would be notified if something wrong happen. We were notified and people still complain. Poor Axl...

No.  He said that we would be notified in regards to a new album.

And why am I being told to fuck off?  Just because I see it differently then you?

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »

Its a sad state, but you cant expect journalists to nitpick every word about an article theyre probably given an hour to write. ?Axl's letter is cryptic and many things could be taken many ways. ?There are many weird statements, such as setting a new date and the album being out as shortly as possible. ?Why not just say itll be out on the new concrete date, or theyll set a new date as close to march 6th as possible etc... You have to look at the story, reporters are going to swing all possible facts towards the story they want to tell.

They want to tell a story about Axl being a psycho who lies, msitreats fans, misses every single date. ?They story isnt, Axl missed the tentatitive release date, but the recording is done; 99% of the population couldnt care less about that. ?The story is, "remember that guy Axl Rose from the 80's, that wackjob is still working on his album. ?He even set a release date and of course missed it." ?So unless youre 100% clear, offer nothing that could possibly be miscomprehended, the media will swing anything to what they want to say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: