Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 07:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 120907 times)
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2007, 04:14:42 PM »

Just because Axl used the word "tentative" doesn't make it excusable that the cd was delayed AGAIN.

When was the album ever delayed. They had never set a date for the record before, this was the first time. Just because you believed in dates and shit that were made up doesnt mean that it was delayed. The album has never been delayed until now, it just hasnt been finished.

And for the record, Axl said that it wasnt a promise, a lie, or a guarantee. Maybe you should look up the word tentative.

Exactly!!. But you know, some people are never happy if they don?t have anything to bitch and moan.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Jupa
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2007, 04:15:20 PM »

Damn MTV.

Edit: Just noticed you copied and pasted the info from MTV, sorry.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2007, 04:18:18 PM »

Yeah my local station (97.7 htzfm) mentioned something about a week ago or whatever when HMV said Sept 17 and it was reported by blabber mouth. It was on music notes @ 6 and KK said....(its paraphrased i dont recall the exact words)

Blabbermouth.net reports that Axl Rose has issued a new date for the release of Chinese Democracy, the long awaited followup album to Use Your Illisions I & II. ?The new release date is apparently September 17, 2007, mark it on your calenders. Insert own laughter here

i didnt post cuz its just another poke at gnr but since you posted this i thought i'd tell y'all about it. Normally this station is very pro GnR but even they've had it with all the rumored dates and delays. KK is huge axl/gnr fan apparently

ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2007, 04:18:53 PM »

Axl had to expect this, but I think we might see something from GNR.com tonight, perhaps some news overnight (going by European time)

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2007, 04:19:28 PM »

Seriously.....do these people not know the meaning of "tentative" or did they just not see it Roll Eyes

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2007, 04:20:10 PM »

Seriously.....do these people not know the meaning of "tentative" or did they just not see it Roll Eyes

problem was many of the internet outlets who covered the Axl's open letter story left it out

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: March 06, 2007, 04:20:41 PM »

You all give axl too much slack really. This album has been over due since 2000 , its been 7 years since then.  Velvet Revolver just finished mixing in less then a month , and been recording for about 6. Came off a 1 1/2 year tour and a hit single. It really shows who the hard working ones in the band where , Axl is still struggling to give us a track.
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #147 on: March 06, 2007, 04:21:52 PM »

At this stage people dont care, those who seen a tour last year, and know Axl has been on the comeback since the 2002 VMA's just cant understand why NOTHING has come out, and even if Axl released a live CD of the new lineup it would destroy critical abuse by half

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2007, 04:21:58 PM »

He sort of asked for it.

Yeah, he said 'tentative', I'm aware.

But again, he said 'a few minor, and by that I do mean minor additions' which translated into...drum tracks, guitar solos and more mixing. I'm pretty sure he knew full well then that it wouldn't be out today. The press picks up on this sort of thing too - for better or worse, its their job.

Today is probably not a very good day for Axl, but sooner or later things will get better if things are truly moving along.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #149 on: March 06, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »

i think we should read more into tentative i guess.hhmmm makes you wonder if he is selling the broklyn bridge as well. crying

the one an only horsey !
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2007, 04:25:52 PM »

You all give axl too much slack really. This album has been over due since 2000 , its been 7 years since then.  Velvet Revolver just finished mixing in less then a month , and been recording for about 6. Came off a 1 1/2 year tour and a hit single. It really shows who the hard working ones in the band where , Axl is still struggling to give us a track.

I'd rather the album take longer and be of higher quality than Contraband, personally. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2007, 04:25:59 PM »

too much slack?!?!   its not his duty to put out an album, and id rather he took his time than put out a disappointing album like Contraband

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »

well in all fairness to VR...they barely knew each other and Scott was in lockdown when it was recorded, and it was recorded in a relatively small amount of time....

Some members in NewGnR have been in gnr for going on 10 years....is it safe to say they should know each other musically, personally and professionally?

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2007, 04:28:51 PM »

As the crazy diamond usually says... EMPTY VEE Grin

MTV stopped playing good music and being a great tv chanel long ago.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2007, 04:29:35 PM »

I dont blame the media for dissing Guns n roses these days. If it were any other band that we didnt love we would do the same. Axl is asking for it

Edit: And btw MTV sucks!
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2007, 04:30:30 PM »

Who needs Guns N' Roses when there's Korn, the Arcade Fire and even Notorious B.I.G. to fry up the record racks?

Axl and his motley crew were set to deliver their Chinese Democracy Tuesday (March 6), but if you actually bought that notion, shame on you for believing him for the umpteenth time. In lieu of Rose's failed Democracy, we're building a new one that endorses a set of new leaders ? well, for this week, at least ? and designing a newfangled Bill of Rights to boot. Care to vote in this new democracy? Just kindly hand over your ballot ? i.e., money ? to your favorite local record store cashier or online retail outlet.

I wish we here something directly from Axl so we can quite seeing these type of responses.  I still say it has to come out before the tour but I doubt that is possible.

Axl should keep his mouth shut until he has something real to offer  Smiley
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2007, 04:32:49 PM »

Ok...if MTV is getting this wrong, then you know that there is a problem.  I'm sorry, but it's true.  There really should have been more open communication about this shit.  As I was trying to say in a different thread earlier today...the GNR camp NEEDS to be more clear about this stuff for the sake of the press that's reporting on it.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2007, 04:33:13 PM »

cmon. I dont mind the album being late...
they can work for all eternity on it and not release it. it's their right.

but purposely lying to us is something I'm not encuraging.
everybody knew the album wasnt coming out as soon as we read the word "tentative".
and the "not a promise, guarantee or lie" part is ridicules.
if it aint a promise or a lie, than what the fuck is it?! Its nothing. might as well said june 19.2052...
it's as probably as march 6th was.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »

Although...MTV gets a little cash everytime someone buys a copy of the Korn CD...so maybe we should'nt really look at this too seriously.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2007, 04:37:02 PM »

cmon. I dont mind the album being late...
they can work for all eternity on it and not release it. it's their right.

but purposely lying to us is something I'm not encuraging.
everybody knew the album wasnt coming out as soon as we read the word "tentative".
and the "not a promise, guarantee or lie" part is ridicules.
if it aint a promise or a lie, than what the fuck is it?! Its nothing. might as well said june 19.2052...
it's as probably as march 6th was.

that's right, but maybe axl just doesn't have the balls to tell us the truth about CD, and I don't want to hear any more excuses saying "but he doesn't know, he will tell us when he knows" he is the only one that truly knows, and he aint telling no one
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: