Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dissing for the March 6th date has begun!  (Read 129086 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2007, 01:10:30 PM »

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=168895

This is from a Norwegian News paper.

It starts like this: " Today, March 6th, the arrival of the new Guns N Roses album, Chinese Democracy, is finaly here. Yeah Right! "
and from there is alot of bashing and attacks on Axl and the new GnR album. There are lies, and stupid speculations and twistings..? rant
They said Merch left the the band, because of fights..
That Axl made bandmember wait in the recordingstudio, and he never showed up.
The story about Axl drove over a bag with lots of Producers CD`s..
ETC ETC

Anyway, a plain negative article about GnR and Axl..

well, the guy who wrote this is the same man who gave Tool - Lateralus the dise 2? hihi So that says alot..

what do you expect...Axl should ?have never given a release date...even though they said it was TENTATIVE everyone chooses to ignore that word and then they get pissed when the album doesnt come out....from now on Axl should treat everyone like children...when they ask "are we there yet?" he should just say "almost"

what did i expect ? Did i say i expected anything.. im just delivering a what i read..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Axl&Baz07
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2007, 01:13:48 PM »

And for the record, I'm not crying that the album isn't out today.? I'm crying because it's not out today and we have no clue whatsoever as to WHY it's out today.?

Because it's not mixed yet!

Axl said he was gonna do some minor work on it and cancelled the January shows in order to take care of that.

What some of you seem to fail to realize is that Axl did exactly what he said he was gonna do. They did the recording.

Now, in a project like this there's a bunch of people who are involved. You need to get studios booked, you need to get the right people into the studio etc etc.

All it takes is for one of the pieces to fall out and the project is halted.

It's not all about Axl.

Why can't you see that?

/jarmo

i haven't posted in a while, but came to check on any updates. i read the Del James update, a week or so ago, and that was good enough for me.

i get it.  after all, it was a 'tenative' release date for today.  no big deal to me. i am just happy that mixing and mastering is being done now. progress is good!  beer
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:15:58 PM by Axl&Baz07 » Logged

"Some People got a chip on their shoulder, an some would say it was Me..."
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2007, 01:14:22 PM »

I'm not a true fan because I refuse to let other peoples' opinion about me actually affect me?

Right...

Unlike you, who only gets laughed at by your friends, I even get laughed at Internet tough guys who happen to be fellow GN'R fans.? peace

If Axl says the album is coming, I believe it's coming. If he says March 6th is a tentative date, I believe him.

I guess that's the difference. I don't take everything so seriously and start pointing fingers if things get pushed back from a tentative release date.

GN'R fans get laughed at by other people. But who cares?

There's people who are happy to listen to crap that the record companies and MTV force feed them. That's their choice. I guess it's more important to be accepted, and listen to the right "cool" bands, instead of listening to what you actually like and believe in.

/jarmo

And I believe too...with every synapse of my chemically-impared brain! I am firmly with Jarmo on this one...........Don't be fed the regurgitated shit that eMTVee pedals down your throat..............

Sure, I have Favorite bands, Pink, Zep, ACDC, Dream Theater, J.A., ?and more....but more important is the way you fucking guys

are acting...like a crucial air supply had been cut off.......holy fucking shit.....the date was TENTATIVE.........not set in stone!!!

So have ANOTHER day to look forward to....EASY..........without all the whining and bitching that goes on here from people that probably have never BEEN to a GNR gig!!

I Truly Believe IT IS COMING........so jump on that bandwagon, or go the fuck home and whine (which won't do you a BIT of good!)

NOT A MEMBER OF THE WHINERS, GROANERS, BITCHERS, AND MOANERS.. crying....!!!!! ?are you? Hmmmmmmmmmm?

WARCHILD

special note" mothergooselvr,aka HRH....aka might wanna leave Jarmo the fuck alone !

WARCHILD

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2007, 01:14:58 PM »

im just happy the recording is actually done, thats half the battle. a release date in the coming weeks is inevitable.

These are the sorts of posts that people should be upset about.  They create false hope.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2007, 01:19:05 PM »

No one needs to speculate.

Universal are the ones who are going to set the release date. The only way they will do that is if they have a fully mixed, fully mastered, Artwork copy of Chinese Democracy sitting on their execs desks. Once they have it in that form they will open up discussions about a release date, get their people on it and release money for marketing and promo.

The track record of this project and Axl's on off relationship with the record company have got us to where we are today. Universal have had too many promised release dates come and go for them to just set Axl a target and hope he meets it, no matter how optimistic it is. They know that Axl is a wildcard and they arent about to play another round of the game they have been playing since 96. When they cut him off financially that was the end of Universal having any confidence in Axl's ability to deliver. They are not going to do ANYTHING until they know that it is COMPLETLY done!

That is why you dont have a release date, and why we wont have a release date until everything is finished. Its being mixed, we know that, when Mixing is done we will probably get another update informing us that it is now in the hands of the record company and when they set a date Guns n Roses will tell us.

That is how it will happen

Jonx

um...yeah. its kinda hard to argue with that, despite what i just said bout how its axls fault. tho a lot o the reason its taken so damn long is his fault.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2007, 01:24:15 PM »

Well...here's what I worry about now.  I can complete see a scenario where the album is turned over to the record copmany and we still don't get a date.  I can see a miscommunication with Axl and the label.  I can see one side saying "you never gave it to us" and the other side saying "yeah I did" and some big weird legal battle delaying the album's release once again.  I don't know.  I'm probably just being paranoid.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2007, 01:26:52 PM »

Well...here's what I worry about now.  I can complete see a scenario where the album is turned over to the record copmany and we still don't get a date.  I can see a miscommunication with Axl and the label.  I can see one side saying "you never gave it to us" and the other side saying "yeah I did" and some big weird legal battle delaying the album's release once again.  I don't know.  I'm probably just being paranoid.

Yeah that wont happen, theres no chance. Guns were with Geffen, they couldnt deal with him so Interscope the parent company attempted to deal with him, now its Universal who are dealing with Axl, theres too much money at stake. Only the very best people Universal have are going to be dealing with Axl.

Jonx
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2007, 01:28:17 PM »

Jarmo --

You shouldn't start name calling.? You may be perfectly happy to wait forever for CD and accept any excuse (or no excuse at all), but it's really not fair for you to expect every single person on the face of this Earth to mimic you're feelings on the matter.

If they want to get pissed off about it, let 'em.? It's their right.? But calling them "crybabies?"? Seriously?

It's because I see a bunch of people constantly whining about something. It might not be the same persons, but there's always something to complain about.

We all know it's being worked on. We all know it's gonna be out as soon as possible.

Still, that's not good enough....

Glad you could work in a Chris reference into this thread.? ok

/jarmo

Jarmo --

You know why there are delays. ?I know why there are delays. ?Though Axl might not specifically be to blame at this exact instance, he does deserve a lot of blame for why it got to this point.

What I'm saying is that people have a right to be frustrated. ?It's perfectly normal. ?Even Axl said that. ?Probably the lone instance in the last few years that I think Axl's been completely honest and forthright with his fans was in the open letter when he acknowledged this frustration and took responsiblity for it.

He said that if you're pissed and sore about the latest round of broken promises, it would just be healthier for you to forget about GnR for a little while. ?Just put CD out of your mind. ?When it does come out, you can come back to GnR with fresh ears and less ill-will.

Instead of telling people that they're somehow stupid or wrong for being pissed off, it might be nicer to acknowledge that their feelings are coming from a very real place, and then try to help them feel better about it. ?Don't just tell people their feelings aren't valid. ?Even Axl doesn't attempt to do that.

I suggested listening to solo stuff. ?I listen to Pitman because I think he's the most interesting guy in the band. ?But Tommy Stinson's awesome too. ?One could use this GnR downtime to get into The Replacements. ?It'll be a very rewarding experience.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 01:29:51 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2007, 01:42:38 PM »

People can be frustrated if they want to.

That doesn't mean I have to put up with reading the same complaints week after week.

You're right, if being a GN'R fan is so frustrating, maybe you need something else to occupy your time for a while?

Like Chris Pitman's solo career......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2007, 01:46:00 PM »

That doesn't mean I have to put up with reading the same complaints week after week.

You're right, if being a GN'R fan is so frustrating, maybe you need something else to occupy your time for a while?

/jarmo

Or you can go pay attention to the most recent Van Halen debacle if you want something even more frustrating!  Roll Eyes

(GN'R and Van Halen have been my two favorite hard rock bands since 1996 when I was 12 - after all these years, disappointment from these bands is about as certain and normal as rush hour traffic...)

Cheer up everyone, go buy South Park Season Nine its out today!  love

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Re-animator
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2007, 01:48:46 PM »

It's perfectly normal for people to be upset. ?But, I don't see the point in coming here to bitch about things. ?Do you find it cathartic?
I've for the most part put CD out of my mind, I come here from time to time to see what's up but it's usually just you guys arguing with each other over the most pointless shit. ?Yeah, you all work in the music industry and understand exactly how the process works. I get it.
If CD (ever) comes out, cool. ?I'll be first in line to buy it that morning. ?If not, life goes on. ?Go for a walk, fly a kite, or check out some of the millions of other bands out there. ?Some of them are actually pretty good.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »

/jarmo

we all have to read the same stuff.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2007, 01:53:16 PM »

You can read a lot of crap on the Internet.

Anybody can post a blog claiming they know something.

Then it ends up in a printed paper and people think it's the truth.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »

why not say something like....

"today was pretty eventful. we finished finally finished mixing better (it took us a week to do it though) and then we started on IRS....however Mixing this track is going even slower ....i'll let you know next week where we stand."

just an update like that would show a bit of good faith to us fans and make us feel apreciated....at least i'd really enjoy reading updates like that and it took me about 20 seconds to type Tongue i think that this is what many people that complain are after too...not a exact date given...just a progress report...anyway its all well wishing...axl has never and i doubt he will ever keep us up to date in this fashion...but like i said I'd enjoy reading them emensly and i'm sure evereybody else would too.

I would much rather see an update like this...

Press release from Axl: ?The album was totally finished but I couldn't turn it in to the release peoples cause my dog ate the artwork. ?Barring constipation, we are awaiting my dog to "release it" back to us "soon".

Update from Del: ?'Soon' isn't the word ... the dog's dead.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2007, 01:58:06 PM »

You can read a lot of crap on the Internet.

Anybody can post a blog claiming they know something.

Then it ends up in a printed paper and people think it's the truth.

/jarmo

Ain't that the truth!  How many media outlets did stories citing March 6th as THE release date, whether positively or, in their projections that it wouldn't be met, negatively?  Too many for me to remember, for certain.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2007, 02:15:41 PM »

It's perfectly normal for people to be upset. ?But, I don't see the point in coming here to bitch about things. ?Do you find it cathartic?

Yes, that's exactly it.? Talking about their feelings is one way in which people cope.? In the case of a huge GnR fan who's invested lots of money, time and emotion into supporting a band through some very dark days, another missed release date can be very frustrating.? Discussing those feelings with other fans seems like a perfectly normal, healthy outlet for that frustration.?

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2007, 02:30:09 PM »

About two weeks ago here in Finland two tv-channels had in the text-channel the same kind of bullshit, the other channel had written something like the band had made a holy promise to release the album in the 6th, at this point I couldn't take it anymore so I wrote them about what was really promised and the next day the news was gone. While being frustrated I also wrote the other channel.

If they had done their own research and written the article based on truth, I would have been ok with it, but instead they copy-translate-paste from reuteurs or something and end up hurting the band and the fans that don't know about Axl's letter.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
mrpukie500
Opening Act

Fernando is a lucky SOB...

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2007, 02:47:06 PM »

I understand your point Freedom78, as it was never stated as THE date, but then it again it wasn't "anybody can post a blog claiming they know something" unless you consider Axl anybody?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »

Only thing about believing Axl when he says it's coming is, he has been saying it's coming for years and years. ? I guess it will come sometime while we are alive...LOL

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2007, 03:02:38 PM »

Only thing about believing Axl when he says it's coming is, he has been saying it's coming for years and years. ? I guess it will come sometime while we are alive...LOL

Your right, I guess it has to come one day.....

I reckon though that I doubt that to even be the case!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: