Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  China bans new internet cafes for a year
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: China bans new internet cafes for a year  (Read 2742 times)
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« on: March 06, 2007, 11:47:39 AM »

China bans new internet cafes for a year link

Last Updated: Tuesday, March 6, 2007 | 10:31 AM ET
CBC News

China won't allow new internet cafes to open this year in an effort to crack down on internet addiction, state media reported Tuesday.

The Xinhua News Agency said 14 government departments issued a notice saying "in 2007, local governments must not sanction the opening of new internet bars."

Internet users surf web sites at an Internet cafe on Tuesday March 6, 2007, in Shanghai, China. China will not allow any new Internet cafes to open this year, state media reported on Tuesday.
(Associated Press) Cafes that have already been given approval must be completed by June.

Xinhua said the new restrictions are designed to curb what it sees as rising problems of internet addiction and online gambling.

In 2004 the government shut down 8,600 unlicensed internet cafes after two middle school pupils fell asleep on a railway line and were run over following a 48-hour internet session.

A similar crackdown occurred in 2002 after a fire broke out in a Beijing internet cafe in 2002, killing 24 people.

In January, President Hu Jintao ordered Chinese internet regulators to promote a "healthy online culture."

The government encourages internet use for business and education but has been criticized for censoring content and websites it deems offensive or subversive.

There are an estimated 113,000 internet cafes in China, Xinhua said, citing the Ministry of Information Industry.

The country's online population grew by 23.4 per cent last year to 137 million people, about 10 per cent of its 1.3 billion population, according to a report by the China Internet Network Information Centre released in January.

China is expected to overtake the United States in the next two years as the nation with the most internet users, the report said.

With files from the Associated Press

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »

also, typepad blogs have been blocked in china recently

but it"s all about internet addiction, so i can understand

Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »

yes but man..... its retarded... 48h sesions...... ive done some dosey gaming sessions....... but no where near 48h....lol.... crazy asians

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »

yes but man..... its retarded... 48h sesions...... ive done some dosey gaming sessions....... but no where near 48h....lol.... crazy asians

yeah
http://chinesegoldfarmers.com/

they even have established companies that will level up your guy ! professionaly Smiley

Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »

now thats grabbing a market niche.... wish i thought of it... lol

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 12:38:13 PM »

yeah, you were too busy reaching level 60 Smiley

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 12:52:18 PM »

China won't allow new internet cafes to open this year in an effort to crack down on internet addiction, state media reported Tuesday.

To crack down on internet addiction....? Is that a euphamism for censorship these days

Cowards are so gutless thy cant even own up to what they are doing - c'mon China rise up and having your leader hanging from lamp-posts

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Prometheus
VIP

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »

lol only mmo i have ever played (for more the 20 mins)  was RYL (risk your life) not bad over all but i got to 65..... that was about 6 days hard going..... and i got bored
lol

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: