Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:35:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl or Bust?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl or Bust?  (Read 8568 times)
Neemo
Legend

« on: March 05, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »

Why, to certain people, does it always have to be Axl and what we perceive to be Axl's View that dictates their thinking? I've noticed it alot lately and it kinda bugs me quite frankly. This is more than likely gonna be moved to dead horse but i posted in here cuz its kinda reared its ugly head within the last couple weeks

But seriously we have no idea how axl feels about certain issues (or people), we go by what happened in the past, but do we really know his current feelings?

Axl and NewGnR or Slash and VR?....why is it neccessary that we can only like one or the other? And its usually the Axl fans that Hate Slash and VR not VR fans that hate Axl and NewGnR....although I'm sure there are exceptions on both sides.

and Why cant GnR fans like Kurt Cobain or Nirvana? Cuz of an MTV incident from 100 years ago? or cuz Axl burned a nirvana hat in 91? For real.

ANd Axl Vs Vince Neil...if motley crue is ever mentioned this incident from like 89 follows immediately.

And the guys mentioned in GITR....Mick Wall is a prime example.

the list goes on and on.....In short...is it really neccesary to hate someone jsut cuz axl was mad at them once upon a time?

Anyway its been especially bad between Axl and Slash debates lately....cant we, as GnR fans, just be glad that we got 2 bands to enjoy instead of one (or none)  Undecided

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:35:19 PM »

I like Nirvana, I like Slash and I like 'some' of the tracks from Axl's new band  ok
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 02:40:58 PM »

I love GN'R, personally I like Nirvana better. Why? Cause I think Kurt had more thought provoking lyrics, does that cheapen my love for GN'R, no. Civil War was genius, but Kurt never wrote My World, Shotgun Blues, Pretty Tied Up, etc. That is why I'll always relate to Cobain more and Nevermind still sounds fresh, UYI frankly sound dated. I think only some of the fans feel you have to follow Axl like cannon. I do not.

For the record, I know personally I would have hated Kurt, I may actually get along with Axl. He is a much more stable and considerate human. Kurt was a jerk, what he said to Axl was simply being a complete asshole.

My big attrection to GN'R is that they can still make new music, Nirvana is over.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:42:32 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »

but sometimes people are dicks, its a simple fact....i'm sure axl has had his share of moments of saying the wrong thing about he wrong people Undecided fuck, i know i've done it myself many times

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 02:46:44 PM »

but sometimes people are dicks, its a simple fact....i'm sure axl has had his share of moments of saying the wrong thing about he wrong people Undecided fuck, i know i've done it myself many times

Very true, though I think Kurt was pretentious. If you were a millionaire you were a sellout in his eyes. When Nevermind was huge he was a self loathing junkie afraid he had sold out himself.

I though we may have had something in common until I read his journal, I realized that he really should have been medicated a little heavier.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 02:46:59 PM »

I love GN'R, personally I like Nirvana better. Why? Cause I think Kurt had more thought provoking lyrics, does that cheapen my love for GN'R, no. Civil War was genius, but Kurt never wrote My World, Shotgun Blues, Pretty Tied Up, etc. That is why I'll always relate to Cobain more and Nevermind still sounds fresh, UYI frankly sound dated. I think only some of the fans feel you have to follow Axl like cannon. I do not.

For the record, I know personally I would have hated Kurt, I may actually get along with Axl. He is a much more stable and considerate human. Kurt was a jerk, what he said to Axl was simply being a complete asshole.

My big attrection to GN'R is that they can still make new music, Nirvana is over.
Nevermind sounds extremely dated. Roll Eyes

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 02:47:11 PM »

"Can" being the key word there. "Will?" would be a better question.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 02:48:24 PM »

I like Nirvana, I like Slash and I like 'some' of the tracks from Axl's new band  ok
there is no axl's new band..
there is Guns N Roses...
if you dont like them you should start a investigation to make a time machine and go to 1992

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 02:49:15 PM »

We are all intitled to our opinion. I respect yours. Also, I can't spell I am an engineer. So please forgive the 34 spelling mistakes throughout my posts.

Justis
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 02:50:28 PM »

Oh too funny the flashback from this title to what it said on the back of my Truck pulling into LA in 1992?

W.A.R. your replacement is here?

Worth the broken window in hindsight Age?  rant

Of course much more sympathy for Ax now? the strange things we all say to and about him?don?t mean nothing?

must be a strange view for him.. not very grounded in reality..

P?ce
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 02:53:32 PM »

Nevermind still sounds as great as ever. I like Gn'R for AFD, and rarely play the UYI albums. When I do play the UYI albums, I have a habit of skipping many of the tracks to the all too few good tracks. UYI should have been released as a single CD containing 10 tracks max.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 02:54:30 PM »

there is Guns N Roses...
if you dont like them you should start a investigation to make a time machine and go to 1992

I do like the new band  Smiley
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 02:55:06 PM »

I like Nirvana, I like Slash and I like 'some' of the tracks from Axl's new band? ok
there is Guns N Roses...

and thats a common response to defending NewGnR....i'm just saying why cant some people like orig GnR? its ther preference....why cant i like Nrivana nad talk about it without poeple saying

like WTF does that mean? it doesnt sound dated....listen to Micheal Jackson's thriller..that sounds dated

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 03:01:56 PM »

Axl and NewGnR or Slash and VR?....why is it neccessary that we can only like one or the other? And its usually the Axl fans that Hate Slash and VR not VR fans that hate Axl and NewGnR....although I'm sure there are exceptions on both sides.

I love (old) GNR, and like what I've heard from (new) GNR.  I like VR, but wasn't terribly impressed.  I like Slash, and am interested in whatever he's involved in (except some of his guest spots).  But I know what you mean.  Some people on here have so much animosity toward Axl or Slash, like it's a competition.  Hell, I want them both to put out great music, because both are capable of better than what MTV is spoon feeding the brain dead masses.

and Why cant GnR fans like Kurt Cobain or Nirvana? Cuz of an MTV incident from 100 years ago? or cuz Axl burned a nirvana hat in 91? For real.

I don't like Nirvana because I think their popularity is based on image and an almost iconic death, rather than music.  Their music isn't bad, and I don't hate grunge.  But I prefer both Pearl Jam and (especially) Alice in Chains.  I also dislike that the music writers will, without a thought, throw Nirvana to the top of any list...it gets annoying.

ANd Axl Vs Vince Neil...if motley crue is ever mentioned this incident from like 89 follows immediately.

I thought the whole "fight" thing was pretty silly, really.  Two rich as fuck rock stars talking shit over MTV.  rofl
And I love the Crue, too.  I'd like to see them tour together, and do a mock fight, with a ring and boxing gloves, every night on tour. 

And the guys mentioned in GITR....Mick Wall is a prime example.

I don't care about Mick Wall or anyone else in that song, mainly because I think music mags (except Classic Rock!) have gone to shit, and are generally for trend whores, these days. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 03:03:32 PM »

Nevermind still sounds as great as ever. I like Gn'R for AFD, and rarely play the UYI albums. When I do play the UYI albums, I have a habit of skipping many of the tracks to the all too few good tracks. UYI should have been released as a single CD containing 10 tracks max.

Why, so we could have less material to listen to? Roll Eyes
The Illusions are better than Appetite.
Dont get me wrong, I love AFD, but it seems its like a bandwagon.

Everyone says the Illusions are overproduced and what not. I dont see how they can be overproduced. Only the artist can say its overproduced, they are the ones who created it. It sounds the way it does because thats the way they wanted it to sound. People always talk about overproduced, tell me what defines it. And how can any album be overproduced. It obviously is the way it is because thats how the artist wanted it.

Tell me, do you think Queen albums are overproduced?

Sorry for the little rant but I'm sick of hearing about the Illusions are overproduced and should of only been one album and all that shit. It's like, who are you to say something is overproduced. Were you a part of its creation, most likely not, so you really have no way.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 03:06:40 PM »

I don't like Nirvana because I think their popularity is based on image and an almost iconic death, rather than music.? Their music isn't bad, and I don't hate grunge.? But I prefer both Pearl Jam and (especially) Alice in Chains.? I also dislike that the music writers will, without a thought, throw Nirvana to the top of any list...it gets annoying.

see thats fair its an opinion...but a few people hate nirvana cuz Axl and Kurt had a little tiff 15 years ago...jsut silly....

for me i liked Nirvana over PJ even back in 1991/92...i remember them and was a fan way before Cobain killed himself.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 03:09:20 PM »

I don't like Nirvana because I think their popularity is based on image and an almost iconic death, rather than music.  Their music isn't bad, and I don't hate grunge.  But I prefer both Pearl Jam and (especially) Alice in Chains.  I also dislike that the music writers will, without a thought, throw Nirvana to the top of any list...it gets annoying.

see thats fair its an opinion...but a few people hate nirvana cuz Axl and Kurt had a little tiff 15 years ago...jsut silly....

for me i liked Nirvana over PJ even back in 1991/92...i remember them and was a fan way before Cobain killed himself.

I liked Nirvana a long time ago, but I liked a lot of things a long time ago, because I was a kid, and it was popular, and kids are stupid, so they like what's popular (usually...bravo to anyone who didn't!).  The things I TRULY loved (in spite of their popularity) stuck with me (GNR, for example, was also very popular). 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 03:20:15 PM »

Axl's opinions don't really influence mine.  I think you can admire and respect someone as an artist without having to have all their same opinions.  hihi

I've always liked Nirvana.   I like some Motley.   Not a VR fan, but thats not because Axl probably isn't.   

Although Neemo I have to disagree on one point, I think you see more Slash fans hating on Axl than the other way around.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 03:27:36 PM »

Axl's opinions don't really influence mine.? I think you can admire and respect someone as an artist without having to have all their same opinions.? hihi

I've always liked Nirvana.? ?I like some Motley.? ?Not a VR fan, but thats not because Axl probably isn't.? ?

Although Neemo I have to disagree on one point, I think you see more Slash fans hating on Axl than the other way around.

they jsut want axl and slash back together....i dont think its the same thing but i know waht you mean...besides if we travel down that path it'll turn to Slash Vs Robin then you know where that leads hihi We've seen that debate way to many times rofl

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 03:35:59 PM »

they jsut want axl and slash back together....i dont think its the same thing but i know waht you mean...besides if we travel down that path it'll turn to Slash Vs Robin then you know where that leads hihi We've seen that debate way to many times rofl

I think its the same thing...   yea you can say they just want him back with Axl, but the majority of them blame axl for anything and everything that went wrong in the original band and don't even respect the fact that the guys they are whining for to come back, are seemingly happy doing what they are doing now.     Its just a slap in the face to Axl and to the rest of the band, who are doing their thing now and it looks like we may finally see an album. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: