Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:29:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  anyone seen Zodiac?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: anyone seen Zodiac?  (Read 3119 times)
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: March 04, 2007, 04:30:45 PM »

I am seeing ittoday and was curious if anyoen else has seen it and what the opinion on it is.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
EstrangedReality
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:00:56 PM »

Can't wait to see it.

It is going to test your patience, though. It's not supposed to be like "Se7en" (another Fincher film). It's more of a character study than a serial killer thriller. Which I think is a good thing.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 06:51:03 PM »

I've seen it. It's great. I actually voted it higher on IMDB than Seven. I gave Seven a 9 and Zodiac a 10. But I am a Zodiac nerd. I've researched quite a bit about the case so the film easily kept my interest. I will say that regardless of whether you are a Zodiac nerd or not, the acting and storytelling are top notch. The crime re-enactments are absolutely chilling although there's only 4 in the film. 
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:11:12 PM »

I saw it and loved it.  As I said in the "last movie you saw" thread, I think it's a better film than Seven.  True, they're both "serial killer" movies, but this one is about meticulously re-contructing a factual, non-fiction case and - rather than tell the story of the killer - it's about the obsession of those trying to find and stop the killer in the midst of miscommunication, procedural errors, and sorely lacking forensic technology.

In spite of very little action and it being a 2hr 40 min movie, I was riveted the whole time.

If you're looking for another Seven, though, Zodiac ain't it.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 07:27:44 PM »

Baz, it's not entirely factual though. It's based on Robert Graysmith's writings on the subject. He makes some huge assumptions about Arthur Leigh Allen and his connection to Darlene Ferrin that a lot of Zodiologists don't support. And the film doesn't ever show the composite, which is misleading. One of the big arguments against Allen being Zodiac other than no DNA match is the fact that he looked nothing like the composite sketch. I've actually stumbled across a suspect that I think has even more circumstantial evidence against him than Allen. It's a guy's step-dad who has all kinds of Zodiac traits INCLUDING looking like the composite sketches. Check it out:

http://thezodiackiller.digitalzones.com/

His handwriting is more similar to Zodiac's than Allen's, he looks more like him, there's explicit proof of him dealing with radians, there's explicit proof of him drawing bomb diagrams similar to Zodiac, he knew morse code, he was in the Navy and had access to the Wing Walker boots, and check out this drawing of his hypnosis symbol:

And look at his idea of fun:

chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 07:53:36 PM »

you all where right it was a long movie but a great film none the less.

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
EstrangedReality
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 08:37:53 PM »

Baz, it's not entirely factual though. It's based on Robert Graysmith's writings on the subject. He makes some huge assumptions about Arthur Leigh Allen and his connection to Darlene Ferrin that a lot of Zodiologists don't support. And the film doesn't ever show the composite, which is misleading. One of the big arguments against Allen being Zodiac other than no DNA match is the fact that he looked nothing like the composite sketch. I've actually stumbled across a suspect that I think has even more circumstantial evidence against him than Allen. It's a guy's step-dad who has all kinds of Zodiac traits INCLUDING looking like the composite sketches. Check it out:

The guy who runs that site is a wacko who spams IMDb with multiple accounts trying to prove to people that his theories on his evil stepfather are true... I'm not saying he's wrong, but he's been disproved a number of times on the forums there and he's also been revealed as a fraud with his dozens of user accounts which he used to back himself up in arguments.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 08:50:17 PM »

One of the claims [is] that because Jack Tarrance was a Ham Radio Operator, he was very skilled in codes and ciphers is completely false and misleading. Amateur Radio operators, also known as "Hams" are not prone to being skilled in codes and ciphers. This misconception may be from the fact that Amateur Radio Operators sometimes use Morse Code, a widely known and worldwide accepted method of sending letters and numbers through a series of short and long pulses.

- Wikipedia
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 09:10:15 PM »

The guy who runs that site is a wacko who spams IMDb with multiple accounts trying to prove to people that his theories on his evil stepfather are true... I'm not saying he's wrong, but he's been disproved a number of times on the forums there and he's also been revealed as a fraud with his dozens of user accounts which he used to back himself up in arguments.

OK thanks for the heads up. I emailed him about his audio recordings. The website owner seems more ENTHUSED than ashamed or angry in the recordings, so I asked him if he was merely baiting the guy trying to get more details from him or if he really was impressed by the guy not getting caught. At any rate, I think there's just as much, if not more circumstantial evidence against Tarrance than Allen, unless of course the step-son forged a bunch of the images on his site.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »

Can't wait to see it.

It is going to test your patience, though. It's not supposed to be like "Se7en" (another Fincher film). It's more of a character study than a serial killer thriller. Which I think is a good thing.

exactly, i was expecting a bit better but it was good. a  little on the long side too.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
novemberrainx89
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 06:03:35 PM »

nope, but i'm reading the book. i'm such a dork  Cool Cool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: