Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Red Hot Chili Peppers thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Red Hot Chili Peppers thread  (Read 87961 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2006, 09:07:44 PM »

Just to confirm, I AM comparing Frusciante and Finck, I think they really look alike these days.

As for their guitar playing, that's a different story...

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2006, 07:43:43 PM »

Just to confirm, I AM comparing Frusciante and Finck, I think they really look alike these days.

no no no

FINCK COPIED Frusciante's look and is trying to copy Slash's style...........

Is there a bigger poser on the planet than Robin Finck?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
usedtoloverher
Banned
Opening Act

Black at the Core, like a Bullet Hole

« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2006, 07:49:01 PM »

Slash, Matt Sourum, Motley Crue, Zack Wylde, Metallica, The Darkness, Maylin Manson?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 07:51:22 PM by usedtoloverher » Logged

Lest you not forget, the topic which you are talking about is irritably different from the topic which is supposed to be described on this thread.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2006, 01:29:35 AM »

no no no

FINCK COPIED Frusciante's look and is trying to copy Slash's style...........

Calm down D, I didn't say he copied him, just said they look alike. And they both look really fuckn cool too ok

And I don't think he's trying to copy Slash's style at all either.
All the solos I've heard from Finck, it sounds like he's doing everything to NOT sound like Slash.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2006, 11:52:43 AM »

WOWWWWWWWW

Great concert last night.

Where do I begin

First off Anthony sounded absolutely fantastic.... I always thought he wasnt too great of a live singer but last night he nailed everything pretty much dead on.

A lot of people got pissed cause they didnt play Under The Bridge but I didnt care, I wish they would've played "Wet Sand" but other than that I was pretty pleased.

Highlights for me were Snow,C'mon Girl, Readymade, Throw away your Television,By The Way, Californication was absolutely amazing....

The whole show was great, lots of energy from the entire band.

Thing is They did about 20 minutes of solos and just like with GNR I am not a big fan of solos no matter how great the musicianship.

The 20 minutes they spent doing that they could've played Otherside,Under The Bridge,Soul To Squeeze, Wet Sand etc

But it was an amazing concert, I got stuck behind a 13 year old kid that I shit u not was at least? 6 Feet 5 and I had a hard time seeing at times which sucked.

Definitely a great concert, they are amazing live!

The Mars Volta opened. On CD they sound decent but live they sound like a trainwreck on top of a plane crash on top of a nuclear explosion

I invision this is what the end of the world will sound like. Their sound guy should be fired immediately. Sounded like an 18 wheeler Rolling down steps with a saxophone over top of it.

Truly horrible live sound.  I dont blame the band cause I know they are extremely talented but their live sound was horrible.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2006, 07:53:53 PM »

The Mars Volta opened. On CD they sound decent but live they sound like a trainwreck on top of a plane crash on top of a nuclear explosion

I invision this is what the end of the world will sound like. Their sound guy should be fired immediately. Sounded like an 18 wheeler Rolling down steps with a saxophone over top of it.

Truly horrible live sound.  I dont blame the band cause I know they are extremely talented but their live sound was horrible.

Dude, no freaking joke. Mars Volta was.. just.. so gay. 50 billion sounds going off at once.

gnrevolution.com
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2006, 09:29:42 PM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl

That is great, exactly how I felt when I saw RHCP with the mars volta

Fucked up and out of place
The General
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »

Fuck how i hate this shit Red hot is showing on MTV. "No where to go" or something like that. Red hot lost their spirit after the Californiacation album or way before. I admit hearing on By the way on a african beach on summer years ago gave me a couple of moments bet.. The video looks like a old campaign for Benetton or 7up. If they have to do something so really different or have to show this "i dont give a fuck what we play or make video about"-"we dont want to be a hard rock act" why cant they just give up instead.
Hope that Axl can continue making his blasting rock show for ages, that gives me so mutch more than nonsense lyrics about nothing.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »

Fuck how i hate this shit Red hot is showing on MTV. "No where to go" or something like that. Red hot lost their spirit after the Californiacation album or way before. I admit hearing on By the way on a african beach on summer years ago gave me a couple of moments bet.. The video looks like a old campaign for Benetton or 7up. If they have to do something so really different or have to show this "i dont give a fuck what we play or make video about"-"we dont want to be a hard rock act" why cant they just give up instead.
Hope that Axl can continue making his blasting rock show for ages, that gives me so mutch more than nonsense lyrics about nothing.

.....why is this in the gnr section lmao

html sucks
EFISH
« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2006, 07:59:05 PM »

The new album is among my top 3 or 4 albums of 2006.  Smiley
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2006, 07:59:53 PM »

Doesn't mean it's good.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2006, 08:45:40 PM »

Doesn't mean it's good.

damn right, i think the new chilli peppers album is a pile.

html sucks
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2006, 09:13:53 PM »

Snow is the song u are talking about and it features one of the best riffs of this 21st century.

If you cant relate to the lyrics of this song perhaps u dont understand what he's singing about or you just arent deep enough to relate to any kind of lyrics that are challenging and meaningful.

Snow is wiping the slate clean on demons that have haunted u in your past......... "running through the fields where all my tracks will be concealed

that is starting anew, the snow covers all the tracks and is fresh and new for more tracks to be made.

I feel bad for some people today who have been dumbed down by shit music for so long they cant appreciate or comprehend great music when it hits them in the face.

Music is subjective, but I find it hard to believe anyone can think this album sucks.

28 songs written in a year for a hugely successful CD that is critically and commercially acclaimed everywhere.

They are also an amazing live band. Their Guitar player, Bass player and Drummer are better than every instrument player in the NEW GNR combined.  U hope Axl can keep his stuff up for ages? He cant keep it up for more than a few months at a time. So why blast the Chili's to try and make GNR look better?

So I don't understand this SHIT thread at all.

They made a video with all their fans,crew and family in it mixed in with a liveshot.

After their "Otherside' and groundbreaking "californication" video, they are allowed to make a simple video every once in awhile.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:15:28 PM by D » Logged

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2006, 01:54:45 AM »

Blood Sugar Sex Magik was such a funky, innovative, wonderful album.  So, because of what they're CAPABLE of doing, I always give a new RHCP album a spin...and all the new ones tend to suck big balls.  Where did all that style and attitude go?   no

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2006, 01:58:21 AM »

Snow is the song u are talking about and it features one of the best riffs of this 21st century.

i think there a lot of better riffs than that i'm afraid

anyone like Frusciante's new bald look?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2006, 07:43:54 AM »

chilli peppers bass is what makes them worth anything to me.

john fruschante is not better than even the new members of gnr, his solos suck ass.

flea however, is a legend in his own right.

i like mothers milk, and blood sugar of course, after that, uninspiring.

html sucks
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2006, 08:53:25 AM »

Music is subjective, but I find it hard to believe anyone can think this album sucks.

D, you've got such huge problems with dealing with other people's opinions when they differ from yours, I really don't think you should be posting at message boards at all. I mean, everytime there's something that doesn't fit your point of view, you rant and rave about it like a madman, and usually end up repeating yourself several times. Just read the intelligence-thread in The Jungle, or any thread about Bon Jovi or the Red Hot Chili Peppers to see what I mean.

It's painful to read, that's all.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2006, 10:44:48 AM »

mrlee, if you think frusciante sucks as a guitar player sorry but you know NOTHING about guitar playing at all, he's easily  one of the most talented guitar players alive today.

the simple fact that he was considered good enough to play for frank zappa shows this. john decided against it due to zappa having a policy on being sober. oh and steve vai got rejected by zappa. so that shows the standards required to get into his band.

he shaves his head roughly every 2 years.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2006, 11:07:57 AM »

oh and steve vai got rejected by zappa. so that shows the standards required to get into his band.

I'm no expert on Zappa, but it sounds like if Steve Vai was rejected by him, it only shows that pure guitar skill wasn't the only factor he was thinking about, and that there were other aspects involved.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2006, 11:21:55 AM »

mrlee, if you think frusciante sucks as a guitar player sorry but you know NOTHING about guitar playing at all, he's easily  one of the most talented guitar players alive today.

the simple fact that he was considered good enough to play for frank zappa shows this. john decided against it due to zappa having a policy on being sober. oh and steve vai got rejected by zappa. so that shows the standards required to get into his band.

he shaves his head roughly every 2 years.

really?  hihi

thats kind of funny, just as it reaches 12 inches in length he cuts it
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: