Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  UFO science key to halting climate change: former Canadian defense minister
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: UFO science key to halting climate change: former Canadian defense minister  (Read 6257 times)
SLCPUNK
« on: March 02, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »

OTTAWA (AFP) - A former Canadian defense minister is demanding governments worldwide disclose and use secret alien technologies obtained in alleged UFO crashes to stem climate change, a local paper said Wednesday.

"I would like to see what (alien) technology there might be that could eliminate the burning of fossil fuels within a generation ... that could be a way to save our planet," Paul Hellyer, 83, told the Ottawa Citizen.

Alien spacecrafts would have traveled vast distances to reach Earth, and so must be equipped with advanced propulsion systems or used exceptional fuels, he told the newspaper.

Such alien technologies could offer humanity alternatives to fossil fuels, he said, pointing to the enigmatic 1947 incident in Roswell, New Mexico -- which has become a shrine for UFO believers -- as an example of alien contact.

"We need to persuade governments to come clean on what they know. Some of us suspect they know quite a lot, and it might be enough to save our planet if applied quickly enough," he said.

Hellyer became defense minister in former prime minister Lester Pearson's cabinet in 1963, and oversaw the controversial integration and unification of Canada's army, air force and navy into the Canadian Forces.

He shocked Canadians in September 2005 by announcing he once saw a UFO.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 02:55:13 PM »

I've always wondered why they're witholding technology that could help the human race. The likely answer isn't very good news for us.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:02:03 PM »

We almost got another UFO...unfortunately, Harry Whittington's face got in the way of Dick Cheney's attempt to bring it down with birdshot.  rofl

Is there anything on the UFO to alleviate old men of "the crazies"?

And, in all seriousness, is this an attempt to hatch a scheme so ridiculous that it makes conservatives take another look at Al Gore's positions?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »

I've always wondered why they're witholding technology that could help the human race. The likely answer isn't very good news for us.

ever thought they maybe...just maybe...dont have ''alien technology''

Aliens have never visited this planet - its impossible to cover those distances - light speed is not an attainable velocity, and would be inadequate anyway....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:07:51 PM »

Aliens have never visited this planet - its impossible to cover those distances - light speed is not an attainable velocity, and would be inadequate anyway....

I'm undecided on the question. My logic says no, but hearing ministers, millitary officers, scientists and researchers claiming it to be true has made me a little ambivelent.

And to say it's impossible to cover those distanses is ridiculous. Nothing is impossible in science, history should have thought us that much.

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »

Even if technology like that exists the reason for it not being out there is simple......Money

Let's say some brilliant mind has invented a car that could run on tap water, how do you think Big multinationals like shell would react? They would probably kill the guy before he could share his invention with the world...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 03:13:46 PM »

Even if technology like that exists the reason for it not being out there is simple......Money

Let's say some brilliant mind has invented a car that could run on tap water, how do you think Big multinationals like shell would react? They would probably kill the guy before he could share his invention with the world...

My thoughts exactly, and it means very bad news for our race.

Gordon Gekko
Banned
Headliner

Blue Horseshoe loves GnR

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 03:39:49 PM »

If you take my cat's hat off, he will be in communication and will tell you the answers. Yesterday he told me the answer was to kill each and everyone of you.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 04:07:29 PM »

If you take my cat's hat off, he will be in communication and will tell you the answers. Yesterday he told me the answer was to kill each and everyone of you.

Please ask your cat if my life may be spared because (1) I personally never suggested the theft of its home planet technology and (2) I am fairly certain that I'm not human.  In other news, it looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 04:09:41 PM »

No really I do! Cheesy
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 04:19:50 PM »

Please ask your cat if my life may be spared because (1) I personally never suggested the theft of its home planet technology and (2) I am fairly certain that I'm not human.  In other news, it looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

I think jarmo should institute a +karma rule for good use of an Airplane! quote.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

Dementia is very sad.  If he has family, I feel very sorry for them.  Cry

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 07:12:17 PM »

Light-speed is very attainable, light achieves it all the time.
And light-speed is only the speed at which light travels through space, and while it may be impossible to travel through space faster than light it is worth remembering that space itself is not a finite entity. "Space" is only an idea, the word describes not a single place or force but the sum of the energies contained in and forces acting on the emptiness that all the planets and stars are floating in.  The question is not whether you can travel through space faster than light-speed but whether you can manipulate space itself to create a method of traversing it which suits your needs.

Why any alien species advanced enough to traverse space at faster-than-light speeds would go to all the effort and expense of building magic spaceships and then spend all of their time playing hide-and-seek with hillbilly earthlings, well, that is something we each have to figure out for ourselves. Personally, I think that the only thing you would find at a secret military base is "secret" failed aircraft prototypes, and other weapons that don't work.   
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 07:16:21 PM »

They would not kill him. They would do what they always do; buy the design, waste millions on "refining" it, then call it a failure and lock it in a vault somewhere. 

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 05:06:16 AM »

"those distances"? Is it because you know the technology they have and where they live, or because you know how long they live and how the universe functions? Even if lightspeed was not attainable (as it seems at the moment), why would it be inadequate?

Of course it's not propable but to state something like that as a fact is a gutsy move.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 08:47:13 AM »

Superior beings with incredibly advanced intellects and means of transportation travelled thousands of light years, came on Earth, and CRASHED !! Give me a fucking break! If John Travolta can keep it in the air, so can the little green men, therefore, there are no little green men, at least not anywere near us.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 09:36:34 AM »

Has that hypocrite Al Gore announced a big Green welcome to all space aliens yet? Roll Eyes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Gordon Gekko
Banned
Headliner

Blue Horseshoe loves GnR

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »

Has that hypocrite Al Gore announced a big Green welcome to all space aliens yet? Roll Eyes

You seem to have missed Gore's message entirely. It is not "go back to the days of no energy consuming appliances and cars" it is "do what you will with an eye on your impact on the environment, and make intelligent, thought out choices."

Gore and his wife have their work offices inside the 10,000 square foot home, and they provide living quarters and offices for the security detail they have as former Vice President of the United States. Gore's energy usage measured in Watt-hours per square foot meets the average for households in his county. Gore buys the maximum number of Watt-hours from more expensive "green" sources as allowed by his power utility. Gore minimizes his use of automobiles by using his home office, and, because he does not need to maintain another place of work, avoids the entire energy costs of rental office spaces.

Gore is a wealthy man. A 10,000 square foot home, with spaces for his office, his wife's office and the security detail's offices, along with an office assistant and possibly other support, is just not ostentatous or flagrantly over consuming, regardless of how you would like to portray it. And, by buying the maximum number of monthly Watt-hours of energy from "green" sources his local utility will allow, Gore is literally doing what he can to reduce his contribution to greenhouse gasses and global warming.

But of course, you already knew that.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 12:51:49 PM »

Gore minimizes his use of automobiles

What about all that jet fuel he burns flying all over the world in his private jet? And those limousines he uses?

He is a hypocrite. I'm sure his 3 or 4 mansions that he has burns more energy in one month than I do in one year or even more. I don't need to be lectured by such a hypocrite. Just because is a rich spoiled fat ass brat doesn't give him the right to lecture the world about their enrgy overuse and how they should minimize there energy levels.  That's the same as a fat kid telling a skinny kid that he eats too much.

Did you know that?

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 07:07:06 AM »

He is a hypocrite. I'm sure his 3 or 4 mansions that he has burns more energy in one month than I do in one year or even more. I don't need to be lectured by such a hypocrite. Just because is a rich spoiled fat ass brat doesn't give him the right to lecture the world about their enrgy overuse and how they should minimize there energy levels. 

If you don't want to be lectured by Al Gore, don't go to his lectures. You see, the clue is in there somewhere. If something is taking place in a lecture hall, it's probably a lecture (or really horrible college-kid performance art).

Now, if you happen to hear him outside of a lecture hall he's probably trying to inform you of his views. That's not quite the same thing as being lectured, it's a different thing called being informed. You don't have to listen to his information nor agree with the substance of it, in fact he's probably just on the television -  you can possibly change the station or hit the mute button on your remote. It's the one with "mute" written near it, or a picture of a speaker with a line through it. See that? That was me informing you.

I'm not sure why you feel so threatened by Al Gore that you mistake him disseminating information as him lecturing you, I'm even less sure why it upsets you so much that you had to whine about it like a dog whose master went walkies without him. The constant use of the words private jet, limousines and mansions followed by a comparison to yourself really makes it seem like you're quite jealous, which is a weak corner to fight out of.

Here's the thing; People who do more than you consume more energy than you. It's one of the basic tenets of physics, the law of the conservation of energy. And thanks to that law of physics, you understand that to do things we need to use energy and that to use energy we have to convert it from its existing form into a form we can use. And converting energy leaves us with by-products which pollute our atmosphere, turn our living space into a poison pit, and keep Al Gore in work. But let's back-track a little; People who do more than you consume more energy than you. Insisting that Al Gore is a hypocrite for using more energy than you only makes sense if you do as many energy-burning things as Al Gore. If you're doing less than he is then a comparison of your energy uses isn't valid, you see? So, when you have a number of mansions and private jets and limousines carrying you from lecture to lecture, a security detail living in your home, researchers, writers, and god knows who else working with you AND you're using less energy than Al Gore, then you can tell us all what a big hypocrite he is for not following your energy conserving lead. That was me lecturing you. You're welcome. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: