Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnRsource.com interview with Richard Fortus
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnRsource.com interview with Richard Fortus  (Read 16824 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2007, 08:52:58 PM »

Pittman is the SYNTH MASTER !

yes

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2007, 09:29:05 PM »

Why do people label Chris as the 2nd keyboard player?

Do the guitarists wear numbers?
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2007, 09:30:38 PM »

Well sort of, when people were speculating who'd replace Buckethead they always asked, 'Who will be the third guitarist?'

I don't think it implies that Pitman is lesser to Dizzy.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2007, 09:33:44 PM »

Why do people bitch about having two keysmen, when there was also two on the UYI tour.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2007, 09:34:06 PM »

no the guitarists dont wear numbers...but here is a number for you...Dizzy Reed has been in the band for 17 years!!! thus making Chris Pittman the SECOND keyboard player...anyone want to disagree with that?
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2007, 09:44:34 PM »

Yeah I disagree, it's pretty stupid to number-rank the keyboardists based on length or involvement, I think Dizzy and Chris have very different roles in the band and shouldn't be compared as greater and lesser.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2007, 10:05:12 PM »

Why do people bitch about having two keysmen, when there was also two on the UYI tour.

I dont have a problem with two... There was only 1 in the illusion days.. Zig Zag toured only... Never listed as a member...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2007, 10:14:21 PM »

People jock Pitman here more than I jock Buckethead, and that's saying something.  hihi Your persistence is admirable, if not annoying.

Nice Fortus read. I like him.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2007, 10:21:07 PM »

People jock Pitman here more than I jock Buckethead, and that's saying something.? hihi Your persistence is admirable, if not annoying.

Some of us only do it because certian people have to mention him everytime they post  rofl
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2007, 10:59:41 PM »

Well he relates to everything GNR.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2007, 11:08:18 PM »

People jock Pitman here more than I jock Buckethead, and that's saying something.? hihi Your persistence is admirable, if not annoying.

people just do it because they think its cool or different to do so....like if their favorite member is Pittman they are some cool fan who is into the obscure members....I only say this because Pittman has not done ANYTHING that we are aware of for Guns N Roses...yes i know he is going to be on CD, however we still have no idea what he has done on it...and dont go saying "oh you can hear his influence on the leaks" because none of you know who did what on any of the leaks yet...its all speculation....
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2007, 11:35:35 PM »

people just do it because they think its cool or different to do so....like if their favorite member is Pittman they are some cool fan who is into the obscure members....I only say this because Pittman has not done ANYTHING that we are aware of for Guns N Roses...yes i know he is going to be on CD, however we still have no idea what he has done on it...and dont go saying "oh you can hear his influence on the leaks" because none of you know who did what on any of the leaks yet...its all speculation....

Just when I think i'm the only one who thinks like this... John comes along  ok
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2007, 11:59:00 PM »

They all do what Axl tells em to anyway most likely, so what's the difference, right?

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2007, 12:12:41 AM »

This thread is surreal.  I'm so used to seeing the new and old GNR advocates at each others' throats, but now all the new GNR advocates are fighting about ranking the importance of the band's members.   rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2007, 02:40:34 AM »

Jeez, I think Richard gave his answer in a jokingly manner, mocking the whole thing about Pitman. I really, really doubt that he doesn't know if Chris is in the band or not ( Roll Eyes) Cool interview...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Death Cube K
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2007, 03:36:52 AM »

Yes, for all the slower members of the forum, the Fortus/Pitman jealousy thing was a joke.  Jesus Christ.  Lighten up.  You guys are as serious as Chinese Democracy.

It's their religion  ok

I take it serious too but I know how to take a joke about it also.
TheMole
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2007, 04:25:04 AM »

Dizzy's great in an early 90's kinda way.  But Pitman is the future.

Yes, you are right, synths are the future. I just love how it's sounds all spacey and sci-fi like and stuff.
Get a grip boy, A-Ha and OMD called from the 80's, they want their sound back...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2007, 04:47:42 PM »

Dizzy's great in an early 90's kinda way.? But Pitman is the future.

Yes, you are right, synths are the future. I just love how it's sounds all spacey and sci-fi like and stuff.
Get a grip boy, A-Ha and OMD called from the 80's, they want their sound back...

lol nice one.....dont forget that we have heard NOTHING from Chris Pittman...yet people call him the future......if it turns out he did alot on CD and its good...ill give him all the credit in the world...i just dont understand this obsession with the back up keyboard player...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2007, 05:08:28 PM »

Chuck Berry called from the 50's! He wants his sound back too.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2007, 05:31:43 PM »

confused Haha, what an awesome thread.
Maybe Richard just likes messing with Pitman fans kinda like Trent Reznor likes messing with GNR fans.

Seriously though, a really good interview. I think it's cool how highly he speaks of Izzy, although it surprised me a little. When he said he could see where 90% of appetites riffs came from, it made me wonder about if they tried to incorporate any of that old sound into CD (GNR always melts sounds and styles into itself, so it's interesting to think of their own sound as being now an influence on them!)

Also, he's writing AND recording with Puddle of Mudd?? They're not exactly an unknown band, i wonder how commited to that project he is with Chinese Democracy looming so 'soon.'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: