Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:23:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnRsource.com interview with Richard Fortus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnRsource.com interview with Richard Fortus  (Read 16842 times)
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2007, 01:38:24 PM »

Pitman's role differs to dizzys.

enough is enough. Or are you trying to alienate the fans and the members from each other?

Funny that Pitman was in the band longer than Fortus.

length is less important than quality.? Huh

Quality?

The newest leak of Better had WAY more Pitman.  Meanwhile, Finck was kinda buried in the mix.

Believe me, Axl knows a thing or two about "quality."

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2007, 01:57:10 PM »

Like I said, each plays a different role in the band. They are all important. Or they wouldn't be in.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2007, 02:15:51 PM »

Quality?

The newest leak of Better had WAY more Pitman. Meanwhile, Finck was kinda buried in the mix.

Believe me, Axl knows a thing or two about "quality."
What's your point here? This is clearly not the final version. The H-D ad had Better way closer to the final version and had Robin all over the place. The mix will put everything loud enough for the better sound, not just to show some member for the sake of it.

Also, I bet you would be surprise how much of those so called "Pitman sounds" in this new demo are Dizzy's job too. Or you think he's playing bongo in this song? Tongue

MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2007, 02:17:22 PM »

Dizzy's amazing on the bongos.? I'm sure his work is great too.

I was just responding to someone who who implied that Finck was more important than Pitman, just because he plays a guitar.?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2007, 02:18:58 PM »

Pitman this, Pitman that.

This is about the Richard interview.

I don't think Richard, or the rest of the band, are the right guys to answer questions about the business side of the band.

To be honest, I don't even understand why Chris was brought into the interview.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2007, 02:24:15 PM »

Dizzy's amazing on the bongos.  I'm sure his work is great too.
Yeah, but he plays synth too in Better, not bongos. So, some of the sounds may be Dizzy, not Pitman.

I was just responding to someone who who implied that Finck was more important than Pitman, just because he plays a guitar. 
In a guitar driven band, he's has the biggest role in the leads. That says a lot.

I guess the question (and the answer) was more like a joke. Like jazjme said, Richard seems like having a dark sense of humor.

BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2007, 02:27:08 PM »

But Pitman is the future.

seriously, you are doing pitman a disfavor. i used to be on mygnr.com, defending pitman and wishing for him to get the respect that he deserves, but people like you who take it so over the top (every day) just makes people tired of it. it's not funny, it's not helping pitman, it's just a very, very, un-funny annoyance.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »

I don't think Richard, or the rest of the band, are the right guys to answer questions about the business side of the band.

/jarmo

He's got a lot of fans. ?People are interested in Pitman. ?

The only reason it seems like an issue is because this is the third time that Fortus has dodged his chance to say ANYTHING about Pitman. ?The other guys in the band have no problem just saying something cool about Pitman. ?I've spoken to Dizzy and Axl about him. ?BBF said a bunch of sweet stuff about Pitman in his last online chat. ?Brain and Baz had no problem saying nice things about Pitman.

I understand being all secretive about Chinese Democracy... but when he won't even say if Pitman's a member of their band. ?WTF? ?And not knowing how to spell his name after all the work we've done to try and solve that mystery? ?It's just baffling.

But you're right. ?Back on topic.

I'm glad Fortus gave long, detailed answers. ?Jan did a great job of asking questions that gave him a chance to elaborate. ?I'm really glad Fortus put some thought into (most of) his answers.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »

But Pitman is the future.

seriously, you are doing pitman a disfavor. i used to be on mygnr.com, defending pitman and wishing for him to get the respect that he deserves, but people like you who take it so over the top (every day) just makes people tired of it. it's not funny, it's not helping pitman, it's just a very, very, un-funny annoyance.

and they wont stop when you continue to tell them that they are doing it wrong or whatever, if we all just let them be and not care about that they bring pitman up in every thread they might get tired of it in like 2 weeks, but your posts telling them to stop it don't help Wink

I think pitman is great but this is a fortus thread and what fortus said i take like a joke as we all probably should ok
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »

and they wont stop when you continue to tell them that they are doing it wrong or whatever, if we all just let them be and not care about that they bring pitman up in every thread they might get tired of it in like 2 weeks, but your posts telling them to stop it don't help Wink

no, god forbid i express my opinion on a message board.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2007, 02:53:16 PM »

axlgurl, I guess SeriousYou'n is saying that we better not to feed the attention seeker with what they are after.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »

Don't put so much into this... these aren't answers he dwelled that much on, and people here seems to twist words. I don't know if the jealousy comment about Fortus/Pitman are anything but a joke, but if it's serious, come on... This doesn't mean 1% of what people gather from it. I feel unpleasant that an interview I'm behind causes this much discussion about an issue that is probably insignificant.

The interview was a pleasure to read.

Fortus is a professional and a purist when it comes to music and I believe the questions you asked highlight this.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:02:17 PM by Mysteron » Logged
src
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2007, 03:07:43 PM »

/jarmo

I'll give you the reason: I asked questions about Richard's relation with Frank because we know very little about Frank. Maybe I didn't get a whole lot more, but I think Richard gave a cool answer. It's the exact same thing with Pitman: He has fans, and I believe he's more important than what many fans seems to think. Thus, like a previous post said, he's interesting too and for that reason, I asked about him. I didn't think a whole lot about it, and I thought I'd get a "yes, he is" answer, just to get it confirmed. Had all the questions been answered, I think it would've made more sense, because it would've been in more of a CD/GnR context. The question now seems lost, and I somewhat wish it had not been asked, because to me it's by far the least interesting answer in this interview. It could even be a joke, like others are suggesting... that it gets this much attenton now, just sucks.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:10:33 PM by jan_gnrsource » Logged
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2007, 03:54:07 PM »

Yeah, unfortunately a very good interview gets an strange attention that it doesn't deserve.
Especially because people keep talking about one single line.

We should talk about the other answers that are way more interesting.
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2007, 03:55:43 PM »

/jarmo

I'll give you the reason: I asked questions about Richard's relation with Frank because we know very little about Frank. Maybe I didn't get a whole lot more, but I think Richard gave a cool answer. It's the exact same thing with Pitman: He has fans, and I believe he's more important than what many fans seems to think. Thus, like a previous post said, he's interesting too and for that reason, I asked about him. I didn't think a whole lot about it, and I thought I'd get a "yes, he is" answer, just to get it confirmed. Had all the questions been answered, I think it would've made more sense, because it would've been in more of a CD/GnR context. The question now seems lost, and I somewhat wish it had not been asked, because to me it's by far the least interesting answer in this interview. It could even be a joke, like others are suggesting... that it gets this much attenton now, just sucks.

Jan, don't feel bad about a thing.  That was a great interview, and the fans should be kissing your ass for landing it doing such a great job.

Yes, for all the slower members of the forum, the Fortus/Pitman jealousy thing was a joke.  Jesus Christ.  Lighten up.  You guys are as serious as Chinese Democracy. 

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2007, 04:03:39 PM »

I think richard found the pitman question dumb and because of that gave it a "dumb" an ironic answer back as a joke or something maybe..

axlgurl, I guess SeriousYou'n is saying that we better not to feed the attention seeker with what they are after.

Yes ppbebe that was exactly what i meant thank you, but AG always seems to want to misunderstand and fight with me for some reason Huh
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2007, 05:01:28 PM »

/jarmo

He's got a lot of fans.  People are interested in Pitman. 

I understood the Frank question because he's the latest addition to the band and all. I just didn't understand why anybody would doubt Chris' involvement with the band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2007, 05:40:08 PM »

I believe it was done as a kind of hommage to all of the fans of Chris and because it is obvious that some people do not see what involvement Chris may have on GN'R music.
And to show the ones who are still talking shit about this or that member that Chris is in the band.
Unfortunately it ended with a uncertain answer. To me he is a member, no doubt about it, but maybe there is a difference (GN'R member and GN'R musical employee) as far as contracts are concerned or whatever. I don't know.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2007, 07:19:59 PM »

I was just responding to someone who who implied that Finck was more important than Pitman, just because he plays a guitar.?

Well you do know that GNR is a guitar driven band right?? They always will be... No matter how much synth comes about, the guitar will be the most important instrument in this band...

The Dizzy Reed comment was said just because you guys know only a fraction of what Pitman has actually done... Like someone already said, Dizzy may have done everthing you've given Pitman credit for...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »

Wow cool interview? ok

Could you confirm that Chris Pitman is an official member?

Richard: I honestly don't know.

HUH? Huh

Yeah, the Pitman question is pretty weird. I don't know why did he answer that he isn't 100% sure about it.

maybe because Pittman is the SECOND key board player...most bands dont even have one keyboard player...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: