Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER To Perform For And Induct VAN HALEN Into ROCK HALL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER To Perform For And Induct VAN HALEN Into ROCK HALL  (Read 43800 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2007, 08:30:30 PM »

And if they're playing two VH songs, it may give us some cool b-sides to the singles they release ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »

I want to hear slash's take on runaround , if he'll tap or not lol good choices for songs though can't wait to see this.

I'm more interested in hearing Scott trying to sing Sammy Hagar song, their voices couldn't further apart...

hahah Scott compared to DLR is a giant difference!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2007, 10:41:07 PM »

I want to hear slash's take on runaround , if he'll tap or not lol good choices for songs though can't wait to see this.

I'm more interested in hearing Scott trying to sing Sammy Hagar song, their voices couldn't further apart...

hahah Scott compared to DLR is a giant difference!

Yeah, true, but Ain't Talkin 'bout Love is better suited to Scott's voice than any Sammy Hagar VH song.

It'll definitely be interesting, that's for sure. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2007, 07:03:14 AM »

fucking sucks about vh, dlr, eddie with rehab alex not going to be loyal to his brother..

VELVET REVOLVER just finished recording their new album, titled "Libertad". It should be out this summer, and the band has South American dates with AEROSMITH in April and a possible U.S. tour in May.

at least that is all good..
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:54:05 PM by Falcon » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2007, 07:05:22 AM »

Halen fans must be pissed.

think about Kiss ,ace was not even playing with them while some imposter acted like he was a Kiss Guitarist.. Sucks when huge known groups ride the gracy train with new nobodies..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2007, 05:23:07 PM »

I couldn't be happier with the two VH songs VR is playing. 

They must have read this thread where I stated "Ain't Talkin Bout Love" would suit Slash's skills.
GeraldFord
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2007, 05:36:15 PM »

It's a shame Dave wont be there. The idiots running the show wouldn't let Dave play with VR so he backed-down. Can't say I blame him. They are supposed to be honoring a band of which he was part of, and then they wont let him perform. Would have been sweet to see Dave up there with Weiland and Slash.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2007, 06:23:03 PM »

It's a shame Dave wont be there. The idiots running the show wouldn't let Dave play with VR so he backed-down. Can't say I blame him. They are supposed to be honoring a band of which he was part of, and then they wont let him perform. Would have been sweet to see Dave up there with Weiland and Slash.

that would be amazing!!!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 07:22:54 PM by Falcon » Logged

html sucks
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2007, 05:36:46 AM »

runaround and atbl are 2 amazing songs and to hear VR's take on them will be exciting. Who knows they might get thrown in the mix for future shows

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
shaxon
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2007, 12:31:12 PM »

think about Kiss ,ace was not even playing with them while some imposter acted like he was a Kiss Guitarist.. Sucks when huge known groups ride the gracy train with new nobodies..
Indeed....? hihi

It seems that DLR wanted to play "Jump" but VR refused.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68554

« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 12:34:07 PM by shaxon » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2007, 12:41:59 PM »

Indeed....? hihi

It seems that DLR wanted to play "Jump" but VR refused.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68554

god damn, VR can't play "you really got me" when they are supposed to honor VH it's a mofo kinks song, cover a cover song? no fucking way,

play aint talking 'bout love damn it
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2007, 03:11:27 PM »

I personally think they should play all DLR VH songs.. Here's why...? If Van Halen ended after Roth, they would still make the HOF.. If Van Halen started with Sammy they would not have ever even came close...

But they are celebrating Van Halen's entire career.? ?Thats stupid.

Ok then they should play a Gary Cherone song too?  Metallica didn't play and Dio or Gillan era Sabbath songs last year..

sandman
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »

ATBL has some of the greatest guitar work of all time. i can't wait to hear slash play it!

that's gonna kick ass!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2007, 01:39:04 PM »

Slash can tap, chooses not to.  Tapping is not that hard.  Legato is much easier than being an alternate picker in my book.  He won't be awesome at it, but he will do enough to get by.  He did good on the beat it solo with MJ, which was originally recorded by EVH.  I expect him to play his BC Rich. 

I hope they do "Ain't Talkin Bout Love".

EVH did a lot of stuff that influenced people but his guitar style really isn't that hard. I mean if you don't know how to do the things then yeah it'd be a little difficult but after you figure out how he's doing what he's doing it's a lot easier.

I honestly think they should have Primus induct them. Not a lot of VH influence but Ler could totally kill anything EVH has ever played or dreamed of playing.

If Dime were still alive I could see him and Vinnie Paul doing it. Dime was a huge VH fan.
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2007, 01:54:07 PM »

They should've gotten some players like Vai and Satriani to play tribute, seeing as they've taken the style of EVH and pushed it further.

Satch has been doing that shit before EVH ever made it big, he was studying music theory and jazz with Billy Bauer and Lenny Tristano and he used to do the two hand tapping playing along with Tristano.

Some of the players he taught to play (he was a teacher) are:

Ler
Hammett
Skolnick from Testament
Steve Vai
Charlie Hunter

So I see it as a burn on Satch to even put him in the "took EVH's style further". Satch was doing that stuff in the early 70's when he was still living on the east coast. Satch's influences were more Hendrix and Jeff Beck. And all EVH has done is make a career of ripping off Jeff Beck and Allan holdsworth, JB was doing taps and shit like that back in the late 60's he was just not as popular.

And I like EVH and I would rather watch him play because when he's on he's great. But he's not the second coming of Jesus on guitar like people make him out to be.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 01:59:22 PM by Juanjay » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2007, 02:27:38 PM »

They should've gotten some players like Vai and Satriani to play tribute, seeing as they've taken the style of EVH and pushed it further.

Satch has been doing that shit before EVH ever made it big, he was studying music theory and jazz with Billy Bauer and Lenny Tristano and he used to do the two hand tapping playing along with Tristano.

Some of the players he taught to play (he was a teacher) are:

Ler
Hammett
Skolnick from Testament
Steve Vai
Charlie Hunter

So I see it as a burn on Satch to even put him in the "took EVH's style further". Satch was doing that stuff in the early 70's when he was still living on the east coast. Satch's influences were more Hendrix and Jeff Beck. And all EVH has done is make a career of ripping off Jeff Beck and Allan holdsworth, JB was doing taps and shit like that back in the late 60's he was just not as popular.

And I like EVH and I would rather watch him play because when he's on he's great. But he's not the second coming of Jesus on guitar like people make him out to be.

I agree 100%.

He, eddie, does have the go for it attitude.  It either magic, or train wreck, but when he is on, he is awesome!
Fretzo
Headliner

Ground control to Major Tom

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2007, 03:36:08 PM »

According to this USA Today article the show is being broadcast live on the internet tonight.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2007-03-11-rock-hall-main_N.htm

To view the show on AOL follow this link.
http://spinner.aol.com/rockhall

Also on the AOL page are lots of past speeches and performances including Axl and Bruce.  Just click on the Rock Hall Highlights in the menu on the left side to get to all the highlights.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2007, 03:43:27 PM »

how many hours left?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2007, 03:48:44 PM »

how many hours left?

I'm guessing there's about 4 hours  left...
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2007, 03:54:39 PM »

how many hours left?

I'm guessing there's about 4 hours? left...

then i can probably watch it (if it's broadcasted on internet) even though i have work tomorrow, kick ass headbanger i hope i don't forget hihi
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: