Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:08:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER To Perform For And Induct VAN HALEN Into ROCK HALL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER To Perform For And Induct VAN HALEN Into ROCK HALL  (Read 43798 times)
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2007, 05:16:29 PM »

he should borrow one of Eddie's trademark guitars

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2007, 06:38:51 PM »

That's an awesome photo! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
GeraldFord
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2007, 07:02:24 PM »

Plus, if he messes up, everyone's gonna be like, "Slash needs to go back to rehab!" etc etc....

Slash had to play VH before, when he played "Beat It" with Michael Jackson. He changed the solo to suit him. Slash was never from the Vai/VH school of tapping.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2007, 08:57:51 PM »

I personally think they should play all DLR VH songs.. Here's why...  If Van Halen ended after Roth, they would still make the HOF.. If Van Halen started with Sammy they would not have ever even came close...

But they are celebrating Van Halen's entire career.   Thats stupid.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2007, 09:54:37 PM »

Plus, if he messes up, everyone's gonna be like, "Slash needs to go back to rehab!" etc etc....

Slash had to play VH before, when he played "Beat It" with Michael Jackson. He changed the solo to suit him. Slash was never from the Vai/VH school of tapping.

Beat it and VH are very different styles lol , he changed it to suit him. But this is in honor of the band , and well EVH reputation is T-A-P lol. Exactly Slash is a dirty blues guy not anywhere near the Vai/VH school , so why him to honor EVH ? Ehh we will see.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »

They should've gotten some players like Vai and Satriani to play tribute, seeing as they've taken the style of EVH and pushed it further.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2007, 10:11:28 PM »

Metallex, I think Slash will Suprise us! 

I think he will put forth the effort and nail a killer solo.  Hope he goes with ATBL, that song suits him great!
IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2007, 10:55:18 PM »

All I know is,

I'm sneaking in ok

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2007, 05:45:27 PM »

DAVID LEE ROTH Says He Is Not Allowed To Perform At ROCK HALL Induction - Mar. 8, 2007

Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times reports that David Lee Roth, VAN HALEN's frontman for the band's first decade, said Thursday (March Cool he will not attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony because event officials have turned down his repeated overtures to perform.

"I don't make speeches for a living; I sing and dance for my dinner," Roth said, adding that the decision to skip the event "rips my heart out."

The Hall of Fame's event organizers plan for VELVET REVOLVER to perform some VAN HALEN classics, much as METALLICA stood in last year to play BLACK SABBATH songs while that band's members watched from the audience. "So it appears this is a television producer's decision," Roth said.

The choice of VELVET REVOLVER was in response to a sticky situation as far as what lineup of VAN HALEN could take the stage to perform with Roth. VAN HALEN's revered guitar hero, Eddie Van Halen, and his brother, drummer Alex, had already sent signals that they would not be in New York. The Van Halens have been in lock-down mode since their plans for a summer reunion tour with Roth collapsed last month. Roth said he last spoke to Eddie Van Halen's camp a week ago, and he said he could not determine the truth about reports that the guitarist is seeking help for alcohol problems.

"Ed is indisposed and working toward a better future here," Roth said. "If Ed ever dries up, this is going to be a stadium act, man.... What's happening here with this [New York event] is part and parcel of the same spiral that screwed up the tour."

"It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band ? who are only performing because they have some new record coming out ? do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver ? I'm not familiar with their music ? but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."

Read the entire article at the Los Angeles Times:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-vanhalen9mar09,0,1661766.story?coll=la-home-entertainment

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »

Here's hoping that our boys take a page from the VH book of fucking up and fucking over the fans....and NOT fuck each other over, the Hall of Fame, and the fans.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2007, 03:11:33 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER To Perform ROTH And HAGAR Tunes At ROCK HALL - Mar. 9, 2007

Launch Radio Networks reports: VELVET REVOLVER has lined up two songs to perform for VAN HALEN at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Monday (March 12). The band will honor both David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar by playing a song from their respective eras ? for Roth, VELVET REVOLVER will play 1978's "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", and for Hagar they'll play "Runaround" from 1991.

In addition to the performance at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City, VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland and lead guitarist Slash will induct VAN HALEN into the Rock Hall.

Hagar and original VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony will be at the ceremony, but it's unknown whether they will join VELVET REVOLVER on stage for the songs.

Roth says he backed out of the event after he was told he couldn't perform with VELVET REVOLVER. Guitarist Eddie Van Halen announced yesterday (Thursday, March Cool that he's going into rehab, and drummer Alex Van Halen will stay close to home to offer his brother whatever help he can.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which will also feature R.E.M., PATTI SMITH, THE RONETTES, and GRANDMASTER FLASH & THE FURIOUS FIVE, will air live on VH1 Classic beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

since it's going to be aired, someone will probably rip the audio right? drool
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 05:27:35 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2007, 05:25:31 PM »

since it's aired, someone will probably rip the audio right? drool

Wait did this air already?....
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »

No, it will air live this coming Tuesday.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2007, 05:27:06 PM »

naah, i'm just kinda bad at english grammar and a lazy typer, i meant "since it's going to be aired", gonna edit it now ok
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2007, 05:32:31 PM »

naah, i'm just kinda bad at english grammar and a lazy typer, i meant "since it's going to be aired", gonna edit it now ok

hihi You almost gave me a heart attack 'cause I was planning on watching this? Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2007, 06:27:41 PM »

No, it will air live this coming Tuesday.

According to this it will air on Monday?

VAN HALEN's ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Induction To Air LIVE On VH1 CLASSIC

For the first time ever, VH1 Classic will air the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony" LIVE on Monday, March 12 at 8:30 p.m. ET. Music fans will get to see and hear VAN HALEN, R.E.M., PATTI SMITH, THE RONETTES, and GRANDMASTER FLASH AND THE FURIOUS FIVE get inducted into this esteemed musical institution as the action and music unfolds.

For the first time, this year's induction ceremony will be telecast live from the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City on VH1 Classic and MHD: MTV Networks' high-definition music channel on Monday, March 12 at 8:30 p.m. ET. In addition, a special two-hour highlight edition will premiere on VH1 on Saturday, March 17 at 9:00 p.m. ET.

RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2007, 06:34:03 PM »

I want to hear slash's take on runaround , if he'll tap or not lol good choices for songs though can't wait to see this.
GeraldFord
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2007, 07:10:45 PM »

What, no songs from the Cherone era?
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »

I want to hear slash's take on runaround , if he'll tap or not lol good choices for songs though can't wait to see this.

I'm more interested in hearing Scott trying to sing Sammy Hagar song, their voices couldn't further apart...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: