Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses: Are they finally ready to release a new album?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses: Are they finally ready to release a new album?  (Read 6070 times)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 03:05:56 PM »

What exactly is false in this article?? The 20 band members thing?? Well...none of us know for sure if that's true or not.? The March 6th date?? Well...maybe it would help if that was removed from the band's website.

The fact that Slash n company left Axl.....which is true.....and not the other way around.......which is a false statement. Watch vh1 btm and you will see.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 03:07:03 PM »

What exactly is false in this article?  The 20 band members thing?  Well...none of us know for sure if that's true or not.  The March 6th date?  Well...maybe it would help if that was removed from the band's website.

There's lots of shit that's blatantly false in the article Danny.   yes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007, 03:08:36 PM »

What exactly is false in this article?  The 20 band members thing?  Well...none of us know for sure if that's true or not.  The March 6th date?  Well...maybe it would help if that was removed from the band's website.

There's as many false facts in it as there were in your faxes.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 03:09:23 PM »

Like WHAT is blatently false? ?This?

The album was originally due to appear in 1996 but was delayed, according to Rose, because of the departure of long-standing band-mates Duff McKagan and Slash. Rose claimed they had left of their own volition, though Slash and McKagan maintain that they were forced to leave after the singer, who has ownership of the band's name, began treating them like a backing band.

It doesn't say that Slash and Duff were fired. ?It says that they were forced to leave because they didn't like how they were treated. ?Isn't that pretty much true?

I'm not trying to bust balls here. ?I'm just trying to figure out what's so false here.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2007, 03:13:04 PM »

The fact that Slash n company left Axl.....which is true.....and not the other way around.......which is a false statement. Watch vh1 btm and you will see.

I don't know if the article was wrong or not. But I also won't take what the other band members in BTM say as gold, either.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2007, 03:15:33 PM »

Kept Mick Jagger waiting for 3 hours!

That is Classic! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »

A letter posted by Rose on the official Guns N' Roses website revealed that the album will hit the shops this Tuesday. But as long-standing GNR fans know, this isn't the first occasion that the release of Chinese Democracy, described by The New York Times as "the recording industry's most notorious white elephant", has been announced.

The same letter mentioned above also says:

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons.

The album was originally due to appear in 1996 but was delayed, according to Rose, because of the departure of long-standing band-mates Duff McKagan and Slash.

As far as I remember, Axl never said he'd release an album in 1996. That was Duff and others who claimed so.

He said there would be a new album when he announced Slash was out of the band. It didn't mention when.

and a new release date was set for 2000, but, once again, nothing appeared.

No, they hoped it would be out in 2001.

Rose's big comeback came in 2002, when he performed at the MTV awards, but he looked out of breath and struggled to sing in tune. The following year, Guns N' Roses announced their first tour in a decade, though it was clear that Rose still hadn't mended his ways. He failed to show up to two shows and was arrested in a state of severe inebriation in Stockholm.

There was no tour in 2003, which followed 2002.

No mention of the successful 2006 European tour and lots of references to the "crazy Axl". Shit that happened in the 1980s/90s....

Poorly researched article.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 03:23:08 PM »

Like WHAT is blatently false? ?This?

The album was originally due to appear in 1996 but was delayed, according to Rose, because of the departure of long-standing band-mates Duff McKagan and Slash. Rose claimed they had left of their own volition, though Slash and McKagan maintain that they were forced to leave after the singer, who has ownership of the band's name, began treating them like a backing band.

It doesn't say that Slash and Duff were fired. ?It says that they were forced to leave because they didn't like how they were treated. ?Isn't that pretty much true?

I'm not trying to bust balls here. ?I'm just trying to figure out what's so false here.

duff and axl split on good terms...and duff quit in 97 i think...check out the articles on the HTGTH main page its in there somewhere

Slash and axl had creative differences....also it was written that Duff walked out on slashs snakepit material before axl if i recall the interview correctly

as for 20 band members...that could be true i never counted

lets see......since 1996 - axl, slash, duff, paul tobias, matt, dizzy, robin, fortus, bh, bbf, tommy, brain, frank, freese, pitman, othres who may have (or did) record stuff....gary sunshine, dave navarro, Zakk Wylde, Brian May

thats 19..... hihi

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 03:26:16 PM »

A letter posted by Rose on the official Guns N' Roses website revealed that the album will hit the shops this Tuesday. But as long-standing GNR fans know, this isn't the first occasion that the release of Chinese Democracy, described by The New York Times as "the recording industry's most notorious white elephant", has been announced.

The same letter mentioned above also says:

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons.

The album was originally due to appear in 1996 but was delayed, according to Rose, because of the departure of long-standing band-mates Duff McKagan and Slash.

As far as I remember, Axl never said he'd release an album in 1996. That was Duff and others who claimed so.

He said there would be a new album when he announced Slash was out of the band. It didn't mention when.

and a new release date was set for 2000, but, once again, nothing appeared.

No, they hoped it would be out in 2001.

Rose's big comeback came in 2002, when he performed at the MTV awards, but he looked out of breath and struggled to sing in tune. The following year, Guns N' Roses announced their first tour in a decade, though it was clear that Rose still hadn't mended his ways. He failed to show up to two shows and was arrested in a state of severe inebriation in Stockholm.

There was no tour in 2003, which followed 2002.

No mention of the successful 2006 European tour and lots of references to the "crazy Axl". Shit that happened in the 1980s/90s....

Poorly researched article.

/jarmo

Ok.  Cool.  Thank you for that.  I was pretty confused on the dates and years...as was this reporter, apparently.  You're right.  This is a pretty poorly written article.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2007, 03:34:33 PM »

Fukkin' rights it's a poorly written article!!!     rant

MOST of them are poorly researched and written and only used as a vehicle to bash Axl every chance they get.   Angry
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 03:35:39 PM »

any journalist worthy of the name would be more interested in probing into the reasons why others have made up all the other dates and in who made them up.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2007, 06:15:26 PM »

whats cool about this is not the article, but axl is on the front page of the paper. 'the return of guns n roses' with the man next to it.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
gnrbacik
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2007, 01:07:16 AM »

People have to get over the fact that not everyone in the world is a GNR fan.  Who gives a fuck?   At least there was an article about GNR.  This is how "nonfans" see the band.  They don't know everything that true GNR fans know.  They haven't been following the band like the true fans.  So get the fuck over it.  Image the shit your going to read once the albumn comes out.
slane92
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 07:37:29 AM »

March 6th.??

One click of a mouse to GNR official site and you see Del James update on the albums status. "No official release date yet as the band is currently mixing."

Thats sloppy journalism by any standards.

"You had The Who, Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for previous generations. As far as rock bands and anyone that is in their early thirties to forties, our band is Guns N? Roses..."Alex Grossi
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2007, 07:43:42 AM »

People have to get over the fact that not everyone in the world is a GNR fan.  Who gives a fuck?   At least there was an article about GNR.  This is how "nonfans" see the band.  They don't know everything that true GNR fans know.  They haven't been following the band like the true fans.  So get the fuck over it.  Image the shit your going to read once the albumn comes out.

TRUE

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2007, 08:07:09 AM »

A brief statement from Axl addressing "where we are" with Chinese Democracy would prevent alot of this shit journalism.

I mean, I know Del James pretty much told us that via the official site, but I think it would be better and get out to more people if Axl were to actually say something.

That's ok though Axl, I'm definitely buying the album regardless of when it comes out !? ?yes

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: