Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:32:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses: Are they finally ready to release a new album?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses: Are they finally ready to release a new album?  (Read 6127 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 01:12:50 PM »

That article said he hired and fired 20 musicians.....

That's kind of an exaggeration, isn't it ??

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »

Not to mention that Slash said in VH1 BEHIND THE MUSC....."AXL DIDN'T KICK US OUT, WE LEFT HIM"......This guy said that Slash is quoted as saying the opposite.......he's a crackhead with an IQ that can barely reach room temperature. What a terrific writer... Roll Eyes

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 01:29:06 PM »

This article is from The Independant, a newspaper over here in the UK.....

hihi

Guns N' Roses: Are they finally ready to release a new album?

Yay!

Quote from: By Fiona Sturges
A letter posted by Rose on the official Guns N' Roses website revealed that the album will hit the shops this Tuesday.

Now you go back to primary school. ok
kinda sad that even a writer for a so called quality paper in the UK doesn't know what the word 'tentative' means.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 01:30:03 PM »

That article said he hired and fired 20 musicians.....

More bullshit.    rant    confused    headscratch

I'd like to puke   in this guys mouth.   rant         lmao

Not just once either.    rant    Angry    Shocked               

I'm talking like, several times.   yes   ok   hihi   rofl  headbanger
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »

No offense kids, but while some of his facts may have been wrong, we've got to face the truth that this album has been in the making for what? 14-15 years now?

I mean come on guys. Yeah we're all fans and supporters. But don't act shocked when some of the mainstream media runs Axl down. Some of you even sit stunned in disbelief that anyone would run down the legend and legacy that is the almighty, Axl Rose.

I've got no doubt he'll prove his detractors wrong when the album is released. But do you honestly believe the planet is going to jump up and down because Axl said it's going to be released? They've heard it a thousand times before. The difference between us and the rest of the planet is that we're more patient, dedicated, and, quite possibly, dillusional.

Now ask yourself this. If Metallica went through the same shit that GnR did, how many of us that aren't Metallica fans would be laughing our asses off at the band right now?

See....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 01:39:57 PM »

I'm not bitter about it.....it's just that the writer was giving out information that was just not true.....hence the quote of mine a few replies above this one. If someone wants to bash.....cool. But at least bash with facts and not miqoutes that may very well be just a scumbag writers opinion. Another words, get your story straight before printing ANY article. Ya know?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:41:29 PM by Skinflick » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 01:46:20 PM »

It seems like it's too much to ask for when you want them to check their facts.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »

It seems like it's too much to ask for when you want them to check their facts.

/jarmo

Yeah no shit....they seem to just wing it.......stuff like that does not belong in any newspaper....In any country.....regardless of the subject. It's unfortunate but it is reality.

Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »

we've got to face the truth that this album has been in the making for what? 14-15 years now?

If Metallica went through the same shit that GnR did, how many of us that aren't Metallica fans would be laughing our asses off at the band right now?

#1 - I don't buy this bullshit about this album taking 14 - 15 years to make.  I'd like to find out one day the TRUTH on the accumulated total time that was actually spent really working on this album. It most certainly doesn't accumulate to 14 - 15 years man.    rant 

Like really, give your head a shake buddy.    nervous

Sorry but, that's a bunch of BULLSHIT!!!    rant

#2 - I've been literally laughing my ass off at Metallica, since Cliff Burton was killed in a bus crash. All of my friends have been laughing their asses off at Metallica right alongside of me too. Those guys are a fucking joke and ended up being greedy sell-outs in the end. They should have broke the band up and called it quits immediately after Cliff died because all of the useless crap they released after his death, can't even come close enough to hold a candle to their previous work. My opinion of these jerk-offs, went even further downhill and right off the bottom of the scale actually, after I watched their ridiculous 'self-absorbed and completely spoiled little fuckheads' documentary. Lars is just a little whiny, effeminate goofball. I have no idea how anyone can stand that moron. And James Hetfield??? Puh-lease. Do I even need to go there? That guy USED to be cool. He hasn't been a cool dude in a very long time. All of these things, including that totally greedy Napster incident, when combined together forces me to have Less Than Zero Respect for these idiotic morons.

Sorry but, comparing Axl Rose to Metallica is really just a bunch more BULLSHIT!!!     rant

Just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree with me either.     headbanger     peace      beer

LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 02:08:33 PM »

Hah....wow...good to see my points are still taken completely out of context.

Now, don't get me wrong, but preliminary work started on the album on what?  93 or 94? Maybe 94.

It's 2007.

That's about 13-14 years...my apologies. I was off by a year.

Ya see kid. This is like timing someone who's masturbating with dial up.

Granted, they spend most of their time waiting for the pic of their sister to load up on the screen.

But you've got to understand. The little brother wanting to play Warcraft doesn't care how long it's takin' big bro to download a pic, or how much actual time his hammer was in his hand.

All he knows is that it's been half an hour, and that's about 25 minutes too long.

See what I mean now?

Nah..probably not.

Wow. That's twice in a row I've compared Axl Rose to jerk offs. Sorry boss....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 02:15:32 PM »

That's funny -

Poorlakers
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 02:18:32 PM »

People are very defensive here about Axl. ?I dont blame him if youre posting on this board chances are Axl has meant a lot to you, but I think that when the album is released there will be a lot of junk articles like this and most will be far worse. ?Im just hoping that people will be able to take it. ?The more of these articles the better, its when they dont write stuff its time to worry. ?

His Metallica post was right. ?If Hetfield broke off an started his own band called metallica, even after the black album, and then still hadnt released a new album, and did all the stuff Axl has done we would be laughing at him. ?This writer has been influenced by other writers who were probably influenced by other writers...its a chain like the childhood game of telephone. ?Rumors become facts, fantasies become rumors, and lies become truths. ?Its what happens. As fans we just have to be educated, deal with it, tell people who write this shit that they are wrong, but dont be assholes about it. ?If someone writes this guy and tells him about the first new GNR tour or that Axl has probably used about 15 artists, most of whom are still in GNR. ?No reason to beligerant about this stuff, at least hes interested enough to write this, i think a lot of people just dont care anymore.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 02:20:02 PM »

If Metallica went through the same shit

Who'd give a shit.  Tongue

Yet if any journalist gives  negative and false info on anybody, they well deserve my great disrespect.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 02:20:26 PM »

Hah....wow...good to see my points are still taken completely out of context.

Ya see kid. This is like timing someone who's masturbating with dial up.

Sorry boss....

What's your fucking problem man???      Huh       Angry

First off, I ain't your fucking kid and I'd appreciate you not calling me a fucking kid.    rant 

Got that one fucking right?   rant

I sure as hell ain't your fucking boss, so don't be calling me that either.    Angry

Lastly, you're points weren't taken out of fucking context by me. Axl sure as fuck, has not actually spent 13, 14 or even 15 fucking goddamned years actually working on this album and you should be able to figure that out on your own. How the fuck would you know anyway? This is just completely ridiculous guesswork on anyones part to calculate real fucking man-hours spent on this project. Unbelievable that anyone would actually believe that kind of fucked-up bullshit. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 02:28:09 PM »

People are very defensive here about Axl. 

I have a tiny problem with people who pass themselves of as journalists and just don't care enough to check a few simple facts.

It's not like they're writing for some unknown little local newspaper....

No reason to beligerant about this stuff, at least hes interested enough to write this, i think a lot of people just dont care anymore.

They write what they're told to write about. I think they're just interested in getting the job done as fast as possible and get paid.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »

People are very defensive here about Axl. ?I dont blame him if youre posting on this board chances are Axl has meant a lot to you, but I think that when the album is released there will be a lot of junk articles like this and most will be far worse. ?Im just hoping that people will be able to take it. ?The more of these articles the better, its when they dont write stuff its time to worry. ?

His Metallica post was right. ?If Hetfield broke off an started his own band called metallica, even after the black album, and then still hadnt released a new album, and did all the stuff Axl has done we would be laughing at him. ?This writer has been influenced by other writers who were probably influenced by other writers...its a chain like the childhood game of telephone. ?Rumors become facts, fantasies become rumors, and lies become truths. ?Its what happens. As fans we just have to be educated, deal with it, tell people who write this shit that they are wrong, but dont be assholes about it. ?If someone writes this guy and tells him about the first new GNR tour or that Axl has probably used about 15 artists, most of whom are still in GNR. ?No reason to beligerant about this stuff, at least hes interested enough to write this, i think a lot of people just dont care anymore.

Also....people have to keep in mind that when AFD was released in 87'...there were a lot of junk articles at first as well.....until everyone started to love them.....then the writers from those same junk articles did an immediate about face.......Negativity sells until someone drops the hammer.....hypocracy is unavoidable with these people in this business.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 02:36:13 PM »

People are very defensive here about Axl.?

I have a tiny problem with people who pass themselves of as journalists and just don't care enough to check a few simple facts.

No reason to beligerant about this stuff, at least hes interested enough to write this, i think a lot of people just dont care anymore.

They write what they're told to write about. I think they're just interested in getting the job done as fast as possible and get paid.

/jarmo

What he said...

markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 02:43:45 PM »

I'm quite surprised that The Independant ran a story on GNR actually. ?I've always seen that paper or rag as a Financial Times paper so any mention of GNR good or bad is COOL in my eyes. ?Imagine you were into GNR in the 80s and suddenly you pick up this rag and see the name GNR in it. ?Don't know about you people but I for one have followed for donkeys years and any PUBLICITY is PUBLICITY. ?I never knew of GNR ever being GOOD BOYS back then so maybe the youth of today needs to realise that they are into GNR because of what they were then. ?GNR today are yet to live upto what they were. ?When I was 16 or so GNR filled the gap in my life and who gives a F**k what anyone thinks. ?Rock music is about rebelion and since when do we want honesty, reliabilty or even truth. ?What made you all into GNR in the first place. BAD PUBLICITY is EXCELLENT!!!!!

F**k the world, because the world F**ks YOU!
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 03:00:41 PM »

People are very defensive here about Axl.?

/jarmo

I agree with you. All Im saying is that at least theyre being told or choosing to write about about Axl (whether the journalist was told or it was their idea, some journalists have freedom others dont). Most journalism is biased, skewed, and ill-informed.  However, I guess I belong to the any press is good press.  Axl is a polarizing figure, if hes still polarizing that means he still has power and is still important.  I like seeing stuff like this, its being reported as news not "where are they now" or nonsense like that.  It approaches the article like its readers care about the Axl story, even if its bullshit it makes Axl sound important and might remind some people of him and maybe get new people to check out this "crazy assholes music that hes been working on for 15 years."

By not being beligerant i just meant to eachother and if you write people like this.  If you write someone like this and are like "AXLS GOD I KILL YOU BITCH etc.." theyre not going to read it and probably be more inclined to write this shit.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2007, 03:03:54 PM »

What exactly is false in this article?  The 20 band members thing?  Well...none of us know for sure if that's true or not.  The March 6th date?  Well...maybe it would help if that was removed from the band's website.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: